Goodbye Jesus

Ex Christians And Social Conscience.

Greatest I am

• Super Moderator
I find it logical to assume a cause to the things I don't understand.

I find it logical to LOOK for a cause, not make one up.

Again, for me, I just feel deflated if I were to say this is all, a freak of happenstance.

I think most people think/feel/hope there is more to life than the natural world. That doesn't make it so, but it is a comforting thought to many, provided they can suspend rationality/logic/disbelief long enough to embrace the idea. I just can't do that anymore.

I think most people think/feel/hope there is more to life than the natural world. That doesn't make it so, but it is a comforting thought to many, provided they can suspend rationality/logic/disbelief long enough to embrace the idea. I just can't do that anymore.

I think if more people spent time looking at and studying the natural world in depth at as many levels as possible they will find more wonder and amazement than they would find in religion and in following wish-generated narratives and myths.

• Super Moderator
I think if more people spent time looking at and studying the natural world in depth at as many levels as possible they will find more wonder and amazement than they would find in religion and in following wish-generated narratives and myths.

I believe that's true, but science is hard and requires verification while making shit up is easy, and if you call your made up shit a religion it is beyond scrutiny.

I find it logical to assume a cause to the things I don't understand.

I find it logical to LOOK for a cause, not make one up.

Again, for me, I just feel deflated if I were to say this is all, a freak of happenstance.

I wonder if this is not another facet of our natural (and unrealistic) tendency to optimism.

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v477/n7364/full/nature10384.html

So let's for a moment talk tiny particles...neutrinos. So now they are saying that these massless particles travel faster than light. And suppose that in 100 years they discover smaller/faster things than neutrinos? I mean the point is, what motivates a neutrino? And what is infinitely small? What is this interface, and beyond? So see, there IS something further than our ability to understand....and then you have statements like "I am the Alpha and Omega". In my mind, I visualize some presence (Alpha) that is infinitely small, and for Omega, infinitely large. I equate this to the validity of the Bible.

And when I look at statements like yours, I am wondering why you think that there is not something at that interface or beyond? Is it God? By default, you have to leave room for it, even in a natural world. So why can't it be the explanation given in the Bible.

I don't get it. Why are otherwise intelligent people wasting time talking to this guy? You'd do just as well to chat up some random illiterate at the bus stop.

Don't get me wrong- I DO think I see some spark of intelligence in End. But it's buried so deeply under wishful thinking and poor communication skills that I don't understand what ya'll get out of talking to him.

I don't get it. Why are otherwise intelligent people wasting time talking to this guy? You'd do just as well to chat up some random illiterate at the bus stop.

Don't get me wrong- I DO think I see some spark of intelligence in End. But it's buried so deeply under wishful thinking and poor communication skills that I don't understand what ya'll get out of talking to him.

Because they are unsure of their position, much like your rally to mass the masses. Please shut the fuck up or say something constructive or educational. It makes for a more mature discussion. And enjoyable I might add.

Love,

Sparky

....and then you have statements like "I am the Alpha and Omega". In my mind, I visualize some presence (Alpha) that is infinitely small, and for Omega, infinitely large. I equate this to the validity of the Bible.

? total non-sequitor. Sorry. Can I point out the Christian habit of reading into things, and projecting way beyond the text. Tea leaves.

• Super Moderator
So why can't it be the explanation given in the Bible.

Technically, anything is possible, but that's one of the least probable solutions. When you don't know the answer, and there are still many answers we don't have, it isn't helpful to leap to a magical solution.

Also, to those interested, I talk to end because I like him! Besides, someone else reading these exchanges might profit from my gems of wisdom :HaHa:

Technically, anything is possible, but that's one of the least probable solutions. When you don't know the answer, and there are still many answers we don't have, it isn't helpful to leap to a magical solution.

Also, to those interested, I talk to end because I like him! Besides, someone else reading these exchanges might profit from my gems of wisdom :HaHa:

Well I have a good friend who is a hard-core christian... moreso than End. And I like the guy despite that. So I can understand that somebody might like End.

But unlike my friend who is extremely stubborn but somewhat reasonable... End is a limitless source of non-sequiturs, half-baked innuendos, and just plain gibberish. I can understand exchanging a few posts here and there with the local retard just for shits & giggles- but this has been going on for what? 4 pages?

Not trying to shut ya'll down or anything. Just saying that I don't get it.

• Super Moderator

As I said, I like him, and he's a pretty good kisser.

So let's for a moment talk tiny particles...neutrinos. So now they are saying that these massless particles travel faster than light. And suppose that in 100 years they discover smaller/faster things than neutrinos? I mean the point is, what motivates a neutrino? And what is infinitely small? What is this interface, and beyond? So see, there IS something further than our ability to understand....and then you have statements like "I am the Alpha and Omega". In my mind, I visualize some presence (Alpha) that is infinitely small, and for Omega, infinitely large. I equate this to the validity of the Bible.

And when I look at statements like yours, I am wondering why you think that there is not something at that interface or beyond? Is it God? By default, you have to leave room for it, even in a natural world. So why can't it be the explanation given in the Bible.

End I don't think that is quite what it means. Even Horus was the beginning and the end. Krishna/Vishnu was the I AM, as well as the Beginning and the end. The list of deities who were the I AM, the beginning and the end, the Alpha and Omega, goes on and on, so I seriously doubt it has anything to do with a real deity. It does not give the Bile any validity either.

Because they are unsure of their position, much like your rally to mass the masses. Please shut the fuck up or say something constructive or educational. It makes for a more mature discussion. And enjoyable I might add.

Love,

Sparky

Oh I'm sure of my position, Sparky. Jesus never existed, Xianity is sun worship, Islam is moon worship, and every single concept of a deity is made by humans, not the other way around.

Well I have a good friend who is a hard-core christian... moreso than End. And I like the guy despite that. So I can understand that somebody might like End.

But unlike my friend who is extremely stubborn but somewhat reasonable... End is a limitless source of non-sequiturs, half-baked innuendos, and just plain gibberish. I can understand exchanging a few posts here and there with the local retard just for shits & giggles- but this has been going on for what? 4 pages?

Why do you feel the need to comment? If my mind makes unique connections that you have to classify as non sequitur, it's not my fault that you can't make the connections, is it? If you would like, I will try to utilize more common connections that you and your lifestyle are familiar with.

Edit: And you are more than welcome to participate in the conversation with your self proclaimed intelligence. I have been here what, four years now, and when I think of the few intelligent people on this board, you don't ever come to mind. I assume you probably boast about the size of you dick as well? Do I need to explain the connection for you to understand this as an insult?

End I don't think that is quite what it means. Even Horus was the beginning and the end. Krishna/Vishnu was the I AM, as well as the Beginning and the end. The list of deities who were the I AM, the beginning and the end, the Alpha and Omega, goes on and on, so I seriously doubt it has anything to do with a real deity. It does not give the Bile any validity either.

Then tell me what it DOES have to do with. Don't just deny my explanation, put yours out there as well. And don't say that it is my burden to prove. That is a copout.

Then tell me what it DOES have to do with. Don't just deny my explanation, put yours out there as well. And don't say that it is my burden to prove. That is a copout.

Read my second post closely. Xianity is sun worship. It is loaded with Solar theology which the Patriarch in control of the Vulgar have tried to hide for years. It is also rewritten mythology. It is the same old same old stuff since the days of animism, except its been anthropomorphasized over the years- from Horus to Zeus to Krishna to Christ. Its all the same thing, but it has nothing to do with what you are saying.

As I said, I like him, and he's a pretty good kisser.

I'm telling you up front, don't expect me to ride the fender....lol.

Let me explain that one to you Rank Fuck. Cheap motorcycle whores ride smelly bikers motorcycle fenders without any seat to sit on. Oh wait, that is something common you are familiar with. My bad.

Regardless, I want to explain things to help you connect the dots.

Let me explain that one to you Rank Fuck. Cheap motorcycle whores ride smelly bikers motorcycle fenders without any seat to sit on. Oh wait, that is something common you are familiar with. My bad.

Realized you were talking to Rank, but that made no sense. How do you expect anyone, including Rank to understand you if you make statements that do not make any sense.

Read my second post closely. Xianity is sun worship. It is loaded with Solar theology which the Patriarch in control of the Vulgar have tried to hide for years. It is also rewritten mythology. It is the same old same old stuff since the days of animism, except its been anthropomorphasized over the years- from Horus to Zeus to Krishna to Christ. Its all the same thing, but it has nothing to do with what you are saying.

I did some easy searching Mriana. Even with Wiki, there appears to be similarities, yet the make many statements saying the similarities are only in part.......the Jesus story having it's own independent details.

Here's the first paragraph of thoughts about the similarities with Horus from Wiki....

Self-taught amateur Egyptologist Gerald Massey argued that the deity of Horus and Jesus shared identical mythological origins in his 1907 book Ancient Egypt, the light of the world.[12] His views have been repeated by theologian and Toronto Star columnist Tom Harpur, author Acharya S, and political comedian Bill Maher.[13][14][15] Theologian W. Ward Gasque composed an e-mail to twenty leading Egyptologists, including Professor Emeritus of Egyptology at the University of Liverpool Kenneth Kitchen, and Professor of Egyptology at the University of Toronto Ron Leprohan. The e-mail detailed the comparisons alleged by Massey which had been repeated by Harpur. The scholars were unanimous in dismissing any similarities suggested by Massey, and one Egyptologist criticized the comparison as "fringe nonsense."[16]

You don't have any black light Bill Maher posters from your room you could send me?

End, I don't know what your are trying to say and I don't have black light anything. Not all scholars are unanimous in dismissing such things. Have you read over the Jesus Seminar? Wicked pedia is a very bad source for religious studies, even my Religious studies professors would not allow us to use that as a source, because the Religious Reich likes to go in there and put in whatever they want, which isn't at all true. So your source is a poor one. I also was not referring to Massey.

End,

I'm with Rank, Mriana and some others (recently, in other threads) when it comes to communicating with you.

Sorry, but I just can't follow what you're trying to say and how you're trying to say it. Also, I suspect there's a good deal you can't follow of what we say and how we're saying it. Not thru lack of smarts on your part, but thru some kind of disconnect that's screwing up things.

I can understand what's being said by Florduh, Mriana, Xtech, et al., but as much as 75% of your posts...? Nope. Sorry. :shrug:

A personal question, if I may. (No offence meant here - just trying to resolve this glitch.)

Do you have problems with what we write? i.e, if I hadn't indicated that I was being sarcastic in post #56, would you have understood that I was being sarky?

Thanks,

BAA.

End,

I'm with Rank, Mriana and some others (recently, in other threads) when it comes to communicating with you.

Sorry, but I just can't follow what you're trying to say and how you're trying to say it. Also, I suspect there's a good deal you can't follow of what we say and how we're saying it. Not thru lack of smarts on your part, but thru some kind of disconnect that's screwing up things.

I can understand what's being said by Florduh, Mriana, Xtech, et al., but as much as 75% of your posts...? Nope. Sorry. :shrug:

A personal question, if I may. (No offence meant here - just trying to resolve this glitch.)

Do you have problems with what we write? i.e, if I hadn't indicated that I was being sarcastic in post #56, would you have understood that I was being sarky?

Thanks,

BAA.

Part of the problem rests with my writing. Additionally, there are few people here that I trust to have an open dialouge with. Florduh, Antlerman, Phanta, Deva, Legion, and a few others. Even Hans and I after a few years have finally come to a more or less trusting relationship where one of us doesn't have to attempt to conquer the other. Everyone here ought to attempt to communicate with y'all as a Christian and see if there is really any meaningful exchange of ideas. You and I do pretty well as you are very respectful, and I appreciate that.

Again, much of the problem is that I don't fill in the connections that my mind is making that lead from point a to point b.

A small example.....the number 7, a rainbow, the pot at the end of the rainbow, and God's throne and Spirit.

So what is the theological lesson here? And when I post, sometimes I don't take the time to give more than that.

Ultimately I think I am now more comfortable in my beliefs than I was when I arrived here. And I have taken a lot of the revelations to my church because of the arguments here. What I would appreciate now, not like Rank Shithead did, but like most normal folks, is a decent exchange of ideas. I think some actually appreciate a crazy interpretation like my mind develops because it is a perspective they may have not heard.

If I believe in Hell, then why would I come here to push someone further away from God?

Rank Asshole is just that.....through his comments much like a third grader, "come on guys, why would we talk or hang out with the retard".

What a fuck.....IMO, of course.

End, I don't know what your are trying to say and I don't have black light anything. Not all scholars are unanimous in dismissing such things. Have you read over the Jesus Seminar? Wicked pedia is a very bad source for religious studies, even my Religious studies professors would not allow us to use that as a source, because the Religious Reich likes to go in there and put in whatever they want, which isn't at all true. So your source is a poor one. I also was not referring to Massey.

This is a prime example of why y'all don't get me.....it takes a somewhat hooked up mind to get my sense of humor. See, I was describing your room as a throwback to the '70s with a black light poster of Bill Maher...your hero. It was half insult and half joke Mriana, because I know Bill Maher is probably one of your heros.

And believe it or not Mriana, if someone takes the time to put something on the web, then most likely it will have bias, IN BOTH DIRECTIONS. That's why I prefaced my statement with "easy searching". Right??

This is a prime example of why y'all don't get me.....it takes a somewhat hooked up mind to get my sense of humor. See, I was describing your room as a throwback to the '70s with a black light poster of Bill Maher...your hero. It was half insult and half joke Mriana, because I know Bill Maher is probably one of your heros.

Well no, actually he's not. I don't have anything against him, but I haven't watched him enough to know anything about him. My heroes are the Roddenberrys, for starters. Simply put, you are going the wrong way if you are trying to guess my heroes.

And believe it or not Mriana, if someone takes the time to put something on the web, then most likely it will have bias, IN BOTH DIRECTIONS. That's why I prefaced my statement with "easy searching". Right??

Try taking a few religion classes at a State Uni and speak with some real theologians. Stay away from many websites when it comes to such things.

.....if you knew hell were real, would you risk being offensive in order to save another person?

I have now read through the thread and I don't see anyone saying this. Which hell, End3? I hear that the Muslim hell is hotter than the Christian hell. Then there is also the Hindu hell to consider. I understand that all these hells are mutually exclusive, i.e. it is not possible to escape all of them by believing in only one God because then some other God will cast you in its hell. But believing in all the gods is not an option, either, because some Gods will cast you into hell simply for believing in another God. I guess you have to find the True God. But how do I know which is the True God?

Today I attended a World Religions Conference in which six theists each described their own god and its nature and characteristics. Six different religions were represented and five different deities minimal. Judaism and Christianity probably have the same god if you leave Jesus out of it. Then there was Islam, Hinduism, Sikhism, and Aboriginal--all of which have their own individual deities. The natures and characteristics of these Gods are so similar one can hardly tell them apart, yet I understand they are definitely different gods and that it is important to tell the difference. How do I figure out which of these very similar gods is the true True God?

Some of these deities have hells into which to cast unbelievers and bad guys. As an unbeliever in all of these gods, End3, which hell am I going to be cast into when I die? That is my question. Which God should I avoid offending?

And how do you know for absolute certain that your God is strong enough to keep you out of Allah's hell? Allah's followers, the Arabs, are a very strong and tenacious people who can survive--even thrive--in arid desert lands for thousands of years where anyone else would perish. If they get their strength from Allah, might that not be evidence that Allah is just a tad stronger than the God of the white man who lives in well-watered green pastures? It could be dangerous to ignore Allah. I hear that Allah's hell is hotter than Yahweh's hell. Are you sure you wish to be offensive to Allah? Just a thought.:scratch:

EDIT: I see now that there is more than one page of this thread. I read only one page. Sorry if someone else addressed the topic.