Goodbye Jesus

The Cross And The Resurrection

believer

Believer, your math is ass-backwards. If it actually happened, the payment was infinitesmal. An eternal entity suffering for a finite time is essentially 1/∞ units of suffering, or as Douglas Adams put it in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, "as close to zero as makes no odds."

And how could your alleged god come back to life if it was really and truly dead? Did some other god resurrect the kid, or what?

Infinitesimal? How about equal? If the infinite God suffered for the 7 billion souls that exist in the world today, and suffered the equivalent of an eternity in hell times that 7 billion, that is not infinitesimal. But you do have a point that the infinite nature of God would make Him able to endure such suffering whereas a mere human being would not be able to.

It's like all of us are allergic to bee stings but God isn't, so He takes the stings of all the bees in the world.

As for your second question, haven't you ever heard of the Trinity?

What's your take on scripture, friend?

Innerant? That is, perfect and flawless and without error.

Infallible? As above, but also incapable of misleading or misguiding the faithful in any way.

Inspired? Not neccesarily either innerant or infallible, but still the word of God - written by men who were guided by the Holy Spirit.

All of the above.

Infinitesimal? How about equal? If the infinite God suffered for the 7 billion souls that exist in the world today, and suffered the equivalent of an eternity in hell times that 7 billion, that is not infinitesimal.

Dying on Friday and coming back to life on Sunday isn't eternity times several billion. It's just a couple of days. Now if the Christian God were only to punish people for a few days for their wicked ways then God might be a God of justice. Punishing people for eternity for a limited amount of sin with something God could only put up with for a few days isn't justice.

Ok, dude, if you're going to get anywhere with us, you can't assume we don't know our shit. We know the assertions of the bible. Many of us are much more educated about christian theology than you. Many of us left because of deep study of the bible.

If you think the assertions of the bible are self-evident, you are wrong. If you think it's established fact that Jesus rose from the dead, you are wrong. Not being able to find a tomb containing Jesus is meaningless. We cannot find the tombs of countless people known to have existed in the past. But it's not even all that clear that there was a historical Jesus.

Not to mention what scientists have found in the simple cell, that it is more complex than a space shuttle in its make-up. That's the building blocks of life. How did it evolve?

I don't see the logic in any view except intelligent design.

Jesus' life, death, and resurrection changed the course of history.

So your argument is basically "We can't explain it, so god must have done it." That's not a very good arguement. That's like telling a kid that a TV works by magic. In regards to truths, we cannot answer, it's better just to simply accept ignorance than to accept a fairy tale as a substitute for the truth. However, in regard to cellular biology, I don't think we even have to accept ignorance. And think about it, dude. How does "god magically did it" really explain anything?

Well, shit.

"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou be like him. Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit." Proverbs 26:4-5.

Believer, here are the FACTS:

To post a quote, click on more post options. Then you will see all quotes already posted. Reply under the "quote" with the brackets. It makes it much easier to read your posts if you do this.

• Like 3

Well, shit.

"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou be like him. Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit." Proverbs 26:4-5.

He DID "answer a fool according to his folly". You're a fool for Christ...

• Like 2

Based on what I've read in all your posts, not one of you will ever come back to faith in Jesus who is the Christ and God. You have all chosen to reject Him on a permanent basis. If I know nothing about you, and the truth is that you have not rejected Him, prove it by receiving Him now.

Pray: Dear Jesus Christ, please come into my heart and be my Lord and Saviour. Fill me with your Holy Spirit and make me a bold witness for You. Wash me in your blood: forgive me of my sins, and make me into a new creature in Christ.

But I contend that not one of you will ever be able to receive Him again because He says so.

Hebrews 6:4-6, "For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame."

Any of you who once knew the Lord and wants to put Him to an open shame may do so by returning to Him. But you cannot. And if any of you does succeed, it will only show that you were lying when you said that you knew Him before.

If all of you are going to harden your hearts against what I am saying, why should I continue? Even Jesus said that as a believer I ought not to cast my pearls bfore swine.

Ok, I fixed my quotes. It's nice to know when I'm being quoted. I generally get a nice email notification when this happens. It doesn't happen when the quote tags get screwed up. I know using the quote tags isn't exactly intuitive. Hell, I fuck it up every now and then myself. But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE figure it out, dude. It just makes it all easier. I had lost interest in this thread. Then I pop up and notice I'm being quoted. I was like "Damn, those look like my words."

Ok, dude, if you're going to get anywhere with us, you can't assume we don't know our shit. We know the assertions of the bible. Many of us are much more educated about christian theology than you. Many of us left because of deep study of the bible.

If you think the assertions of the bible are self-evident, you are wrong. If you think it's established fact that Jesus rose from the dead, you are wrong. Not being able to find a tomb containing Jesus is meaningless. We cannot find the tombs of countless people known to have existed in the past. But it's not even all that clear that there was a historical Jesus.

Not to mention what scientists have found in the simple cell, that it is more complex than a space shuttle in its make-up. That's the building blocks of life. How did it evolve?

It evolved from simplier cells. Someone posted a good video about this in a different thread.

I don't see the logic in any view except intelligent design.

Jesus' life, death, and resurrection changed the course of history.

Dude, if you've got to believe god did it by magic, go for it. Just don't expect that to be good enough for the rest of us.

So your argument is basically "We can't explain it, so god must have done it." That's not a very good arguement. That's like telling a kid that a TV works by magic. In regards to truths, we cannot answer, it's better just to simply accept ignorance than to accept a fairy tale as a substitute for the truth. However, in regard to cellular biology, I don't think we even have to accept ignorance. And think about it, dude. How does "god magically did it" really explain anything?

Well, shit.

So you're using a bible verse to excuse having a smug attitude or something? Whatever, dude!

BTW, damn, I should proof read. Should be "In regards to questions we cannot answer" in my above paragraph.

• Like 1

But I contend that not one of you will ever be able to receive Him again because He says so.

Hebrews 6:4-6, "For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame."

Then what THE FUCK are you doing here!!!! Does the site's name not tell you anything? DUH!!!

If all of you are going to harden your hearts against what I am saying, why should I continue? Even Jesus said that as a believer I ought not to cast my pearls bfore swine.

Yeah, I know, right!! We're fucking useless swine. You shouldn't waste your time with us. Go find a choir to preach to.

EDITED because I fucked up the quotes this time. Hahah

Dying on Friday and coming back to life on Sunday isn't eternity times several billion. It's just a couple of days. Now if the Christian God were only to punish people for a few days for their wicked ways then God might be a God of justice. Punishing people for eternity for a limited amount of sin with something God could only put up with for a few days isn't justice.

Jesus didn't deserve death, but still He died. That might not be considered justice too, except that His death was the propitiation for our sin.

Jesus was God, so three days of separation from the Father was enough to pay for our sin. In order for it to be a true payment, it had to be the equivalent of an eternity in hell times the number of people who ever lived. Since Jesus paid this price, I don't blame Him for being angry at those who would reject the gift that He paid for with such a high cost.

You say He did not pay that cost. I say to you verily that He did. Who are you to say that He didn't? Just because in your reasoning He couldn't hav suffered all that much in a period of three days? I say that that made the suffering all the greater because it was condensed into such a short period of time. Because God is infinite He was able to take that punishment, but we as finite human beings are so small that we can only take our own punishments and it takes eternity to accomplish.

Even if someoen committed only one sin and went to hell for five seconds as a just punishment, within that five seconds you can be sure that they will commit other sins that have to be paid for, such as blaspheming the God who put them there. So their punishment will be prolonged that much more for every sin they commit. That is why hell is eternal, because they are not paying for on or two sins here or there but for a nature of sin.

Everything good will one day be separated from everything evil. That is good news to me, but bad news for you. I have put all my evil to the cross, and if you haven't done or don't do the same, you will spend eternity in the presence of evil and no presence of good. This is just.

Why? Because no one wants to live in a place where good and evil coincide for all of eternity. There has to be relief from evil for those who are good. So all evil will go one place and all good will be in heaven. Question: where do you want to be in eternity?

Dear FSM, please forgive me. I SWEAR, I'm trying to be a good monkey. I've been honestly trying not to ridicule people. I've been trying not to be smug and all that shit. I'm trying to be responsible, considerate to all, and all that junk. But damn, some people just make it hard to behave.

• Like 2

Jesus didn't deserve death, but still He died. That might not be considered justice too, except that His death was the propitiation for our sin.

Jesus was God, so three days of separation from the Father was enough to pay for our sin. In order for it to be a true payment, it had to be the equivalent of an eternity in hell times the number of people who ever lived. Since Jesus paid this price, I don't blame Him for being angry at those who would reject the gift that He paid for with such a high cost.

You say He did not pay that cost. I say to you verily that He did. Who are you to say that He didn't? Just because in your reasoning He couldn't hav suffered all that much in a period of three days? I say that that made the suffering all the greater because it was condensed into such a short period of time. Because God is infinite He was able to take that punishment, but we as finite human beings are so small that we can only take our own punishments and it takes eternity to accomplish.

Even if someoen committed only one sin and went to hell for five seconds as a just punishment, within that five seconds you can be sure that they will commit other sins that have to be paid for, such as blaspheming the God who put them there. So their punishment will be prolonged that much more for every sin they commit. That is why hell is eternal, because they are not paying for on or two sins here or there but for a nature of sin.

Everything good will one day be separated from everything evil. That is good news to me, but bad news for you. I have put all my evil to the cross, and if you haven't done or don't do the same, you will spend eternity in the presence of evil and no presence of good. This is just.

Why? Because no one wants to live in a place where good and evil coincide for all of eternity. There has to be relief from evil for those who are good. So all evil will go one place and all good will be in heaven. Question: where do you want to be in eternity?

Do you ever question what the purpose of justice even is? Hahaha, even as this question formed in my head, it dawned on me how being a christian held me back from questioning even concepts of justice. I should write an essay about that. Hmmm...

Then what THE ---- are you doing here!!!! Does the site's name not tell you anything? DUH!!!

Yeah, I know, right!! We're ----ing useless swine. You shouldn't waste your time with us. Go find a choir to preach to.

EDITED because I ----ed up the quotes this time. Hahah

What am I doing here? good question! I guess I just thought I would respond to all of you -------- who want to put me down behind my back for leaving the site so early! I came in the first place because I thought there might be one person who merely thought they were saved and left but was not really saved. Such a person would be able to return to Christ.

If I stop posting again it may be that I just gave up-- or, it could be the rapture!

Then what THE ---- are you doing here!!!! Does the site's name not tell you anything? DUH!!!

Yeah, I know, right!! We're ----ing useless swine. You shouldn't waste your time with us. Go find a choir to preach to.

EDITED because I ----ed up the quotes this time. Hahah

What am I doing here? good question!

OOhhhh OOOhhh OOHhh, I know!!! *Monkey raises his had*. You're ....SCREWING UP MY QUOTES!!!! (And probably the quotes of others)

I guess I just thought I would respond to all of you -------- who want to put me down behind my back for leaving the site so early!

Ok, honest question here. Why do you care if we put you down. Seriously, why do you care if we put you down behind your back or to your face. If you think our words are BS, then why let them bother you.

I came in the first place because I thought there might be one person who merely thought they were saved and left but was not really saved. Such a person would be able to return to Christ.

Fair enough. I don't think there's any christ to return to, but haven been a christain once, I can see why you might think that.

His death wasn't a valid sacrifice for sin.

Check the law of God if you don't believe it.

Jesus was God

Behold, the God who claims to have a God.

... so three days of separation from the Father was enough to pay for our sin. In order for it to be a true payment, it had to be the equivalent of an eternity in hell times the number of people who ever lived. Since Jesus paid this price, I don't blame Him for being angry at those who would reject the gift that He paid for with such a high cost.

Wishful thinking pretending to be facts.

You say He did not pay that cost. I say to you verily that He did. Who are you to say that He didn't?

God's law says so.

There is no vicarious human sin sacrifice allowed.

Shouldn't you be out on a ledge somewhere?

Based on what I've read in all your posts, not one of you will ever come back to faith in Jesus who is the Christ and God. You have all chosen to reject Him on a permanent basis.

Suspecting somebody doesn't exist isn't rejecting them. You have to know (have objective evidence) that they exist to reject them.

If I know nothing about you, and the truth is that you have not rejected Him, prove it by receiving Him now.

Pray: Dear Jesus Christ, please come into my heart and be my Lord and Saviour. Fill me with your Holy Spirit and make me a bold witness for You. Wash me in your blood: forgive me of my sins, and make me into a new creature in Christ.

Okay. I just said that prayer. Now what?

Wouldn't a simpler explanation be that not one will ever be able to receive Jesus because the son of Mary was just a human teacher and nothing more? If the "just a human teacher" explanation was true then people wouldn't be able to have the miracle.

Any of you who once knew the Lord and wants to put Him to an open shame may do so by returning to Him. But you cannot. And if any of you does succeed, it will only show that you were lying when you said that you knew Him before.

You are using the No True Scotsman fallacy. How does returning put the Lord to an open shame?

Because if you continue you too will see the flaws of Christianity and become an ex-Christian. It's okay. It's not your fault. This is what social pressure did to you. But you can out grow it and become a better person. You will experience a lot of fear at first because Christians used that fear to control you. But in time it will pass and you will become free.

• Like 1

Jesus cruci-fiction is NOT an historical fact, it is religious fiction based on obscure and unattributed writings of the NT, not historical documents. Your argument fails that assertion.

Jesus is not an historically recorded person.

Jesus was never a sacrifice. God never gave the law of sacrifice to the Jew but it was a law they invented.

(Jer 7:8) Behold, you trust in lying words that cannot do any good.

(Jer 7:22) For I did not speak to your fathers, nor command them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices.

(Jer 7:24) But they did not listen, nor bow their ear, but walked in their own plans, in the stubbornness of their evil heart, and went backward and not forward.

(Jer 5:31) The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?

God said he found no favor in sacrifice.

Hos_6:6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

You worship god in vain:

Mar 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Mar 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

Mat 15:8-9 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. (9) But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Mat_9:13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Then in Romans Chapter Two: The writer claims it is blasphemy to preach the law to the Gentiles because they fulfill the requirements of the law without ever having received the law. It is not the Gentile that needs redeeming but the Jew.

All of this nonsense is the direct result of the story of the talking snake and the fall of man from grace. The story of the talking snake is mythology and this means that man never fell from grace and has no need of a redeeming sacrifice the law of which god claims he never gave. So why would god kill himself over a mythological account? Genesis proves the story and concept of creation by god is fiction. Current astronomy proves the creation story is false.

First. IF the account of Jesus's life is to be believed. Then Jesus was a threat to the power base of the Pharisees. Therefore he had to be dealt with. So, since he hadn't committed a stoning offence according to Jewish law, they did was politicians do. They lied and sent him to the Romans. Said he claims to be the king of the Jews which is treason to the roman occupiers and punishable by death.

Chances are if he really was crucified. The people would hardly have noticed. The Romans were very fond of killing those who challenged their power. And Pilot was actually recalled to Rome for being to repressive and actually causing more problems in Judea. So most likely for the Romans it was Tuesday

Sins are not added up on a Heavenly T tabled and balanced against your good acts or faith. To spend your whole life worrying about such things on leads to heartache and a therapist.

I would rather live in a world where evil and good exist together. Because rarely do those who do "evil" consider themselves as such. Living in such a world allows for the ultimate expression of choice and therefore freewill. For god to create man with freewill and then take it away after death for whatever reason is the ultimate evil. For it makes you something less then human.

Hebrews 6:4-6, "For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened,(saved by faith) and have tasted of the heavenly gift (NO MORE WORKS), and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, (saved by faith because of jesus, good news) and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, (go back to 'slavery' in the old law) to renew them unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.("Insult to jesus!!)

Any of you who once knew the Lord ( and why he died to give us grace by faith alone) and wants to put Him to an open shame may do so by returning to Him. But you cannot. (you go back to works to be saved!) And if any of you does succeed, it will only show that you were lying when you said that you knew Him before. (accepted his gift of grace)

If all of you are going to harden your hearts against what I am saying,(that jesus died to save us by grace alone and not works) why should I continue (to tell you the good news of christ)? Even Jesus said that as a believer I ought not to cast my pearls bfore swine. (people who still continued to be righteous through arrogance and works of the old law testament!!)

I have to post guys. I can't help myself........... I just have too! PageofCupsBounce99.gifyellow.gif

Believer, you do not know your bible very well.

You must read the bible in context. Do not 'cherry pick' the bible. You must learn to read better than this. Look to see who was writing, why they were writing and what they were trying to say to that 'Audience'. Read the above again. Most of the 'letters' are referring to this issue of 'works' of the old law and being saved ny grace alone.

The Hebrews scripture that you write about is not what you think it is. It is the story of men who go back and live under the 'old law' in the OT and try to get 'saved by doing 'works' to get into heaven. Read the whole book from start, in context!

According to the N.T., Jesus came to save us by faith that we would no longer have to 'work our way into heaven. We could finally give up the need for animal, blood sacrifices. They are talking about going back to 'works' like circumcision and such to get into heaven. It makes Jesus death an embarrassment.

It's like Paul when he was talking to the Corinthian church...They were all back into 'works'. He opens his book by saying: ''O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, (the crucifixion of Jesus to get saved by FAITH) before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

The 'swine' they were taking about were 'self righeous people'..........smiliegojerkit.gif Go read it in context...........Wendyshrug.gif

• Like 4

It's like Paul when he was talking to the Corinthian church...They were all back into 'works'. He opens his book by saying: ''O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, (the crucifixion of Jesus to get saved by FAITH) before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

The 'swine' they were taking about was 'self righeous people'..........smiliegojerkit.gif Go read it in context...........Wendyshrug.gif

Third Letter to the Corinthians

Dear Corinthians,

I've written to you twice now and have received no reply.

I don't know how you guys do things in Corinth, but where I come from that's a bit rude,

Yours Faithfully

The artist formerly known as Saul

• Like 2

I know for a fact that Jesus and Doctor Who are the same person.

Interestingly Tom Baker who played Doctor Who from 1974-81 (the best one in my opinion) likened himself to a cross between Harpo Marx, the Pied Piper of Hamelin and Jesus Christ. He played some of his scenes like they were from the New Testament. Much more convincingly in my opinion.

The evidence:

1 Tim 3:16. "God [or Who] was manifest in the flesh" (see link)

That verse says either "theta-sigma" (TS for theos, God), or "omega-sigma", or "(He) who" depending on manuscript (according to the source, and it's a copy error from bleed-through ink).

And then the small fact that the Greek letters theta-sigma have occurred several times in the TV show as Doctor Who's signature...

Theta SigmaEdit

Theta Sigma (ΘΣ), informally Thete, was a nickname used by the Doctor at the Time Lord Academy on Gallifrey. (DW: The Armageddon Factor, The Happiness Patrol, DWM: Flashback) It might also have been a codename used by some branch of Time Lord government to refer to the Doctor. (The Adventures of K9 series)

River Song used the written form "ΘΣ" in a message to the Eleventh Doctor on Planet One, though the Doctor called these and other apparently Greek numbers on the cliff face "co-ordinates". (DW: The Pandorica Opens)

In an alternative timeline in which Rassilon failed to finish the Eye of Harmony before his death, the Doctor never left Gallifrey and became a commentator rather than a renegade Time Lord. He was known as Commentator Theta Sigma. (BFG: Forever) "ΘΣ" was also a commonly-used abbreviation for "God" in Greek manuscripts of the New Testament. The capital letters Theta and Sigma together resemble the word "ΟΣ", (who), and some scribal variations in New Testament texts will have "ΟΣ" in a few passages while others have "ΘΣ" in the same passages.[1]

http://tardis.wikia....s_of_the_Doctor

Coincident? Don't think so. wink.png

And also consider that Jesus is supposedly the "healer", i.e. doctor. And Doctor Who is explained to be the first doctor in the Universe, after all other doctors have taken their name. There are some indications in the TV series that Doctor Who is the Creator of our universe as well. And he has been "resurrected" several times.

What's your take on the new series of Doctor Who? I think it's very good but it's been put there to distract us from the true path of classic Who - it must be the Apochrypha!

Infinitesimal? How about equal? If the infinite God suffered for the 7 billion souls that exist in the world today, and suffered the equivalent of an eternity in hell times that 7 billion, that is not infinitesimal.

God dying for a weekend and then resurrecting to be the master of the universe and knowing about this beforehand - not much of a sacrifice really. At least when Elvis died for my sins, he stayed dead.

If I stop posting again it may be that I just gave up-- or, it could be the rapture!

I would be delighted if the rapture happened. It would mean all the Xians would piss off to somewhere else. Little do they realise that HEAVEN is just rehab for gullible idiots who believe ancient desert scribblings without good evidence. Meanwhile, the rationalists and skeptics get to partee in HELL-O.