Goodbye Jesus

The Cross And The Resurrection

believer

And btw, if you were to believe based on the fact of the resurrection, you would find that other evidences also appeared to you. I know you don't believe me, simply because you don't want to (to believe would make you acountable to a holy God), but I have seen miracles that were indisputable.

We used to believe, remember? I used to believe Jesus was real and the resurrection was true, but I realized it's all make-belief.

And when it comes to wanting to believe, I wanted to believe for several years before I saw that I was just trying to convince myself about imaginary things.

And I'm glad for you that you have seen indisputable miracles. Good for you. i wish I could say the same thing.

But if you were to see the same miracles, you would discount them as being the work of something other than the God of the Bible. Why should God bother with you then? You want a sign, but the signs that He has given you you have rejected. He knows that you would reject other signs as well. He is not going to cater to you in your unbelief by giving you all kinds of signs that you will also reject.

It's a cop-out and you know it. There are miracles God to do that would convince me it was him. Just like you are convincing me that you exist by posting, God could make himself clear to me. The reason why you make that excuse is because you know God doesn't do shit, for the simple reason, he doesn't exist. By your explanation, we can only know God through words by people and never by direct knowledge of God. God won't do anything, but people like you will bullshit to the end of time about your God who doesn't do anything… yeah, right, it would make Islam a true religion then…

Allah is a real God too. Why? Because he doesn't do anything either. WendyDoh.gif

And also, you just said above that you've seen indisputable miracles, so why can't we? Why can't I? Why is God hiding himself from me? I have asked God for a million miracles for many, many years, but seen ... nothing, ziltch, nada, nil. Nothing means nothing. I have seen nothing. You get it? Nothing. Why?

I have a challenge for you. It's a challenge I have given many Christians in the past but all failed. My son is in a need of a miracle. He can't walk. If you can pray to God for that miracle and it happens, I will convert to your belief. Medically, it's impossible. Only a true supernatural miracle could change this. So get to it. Start praying.

btw, God predicates salvation on believing. You not believing doesn't make hell not a real place, but it will put you there in the end. I can picture you standing in a pit with worms crawling through your skin and fire consuming you, saying, "This isn't real! This isn't real!" Your assertion that hell isn't real won't make it any less real.

People like you make me sick.

And yes, you did reject something. You rejected reality. The reality of the Cross and the Resurrection. Because you deny its reality does not make it any less real, in history, or in the hearts of believers everywhere, or in simple fact.

You're the one rejecting reality by living in a fantasy. And from what you wrote above, you obviously enjoy to think about people being harmed, i.e. a sadist.

You know what. If there where a loving god, and he was so damned concerned about us knowing who he is, what he expects of us, etc., we wouldn't have to jump through philosophical hoops to know of his existence. He'd leave NO DOUBT. And yes, a common response to that might be that doing that violates free will. That is, of course, silly. Unequivocal proof would only facilitate free will. It would allow us to make informed decisions about whether or not to follow god. And believing-by-faith-is-a-virtue idea is utter bullshit. The salvation of those who require unequivocal proof is so much more important than god getting his rocks off over blind faith. The very fact that believers who come to this site have to resort to things like the Kalaam Cosmological Argument is proof that if there is a god, he more closely resembles the deist concept of god than anything.

Matthew 16:1-4, "THE PHARISEES also with the Saducees came, and tempting desired that he would show them a sign from heaven. He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, it will be fair weather, for the sky is red. And in the morning, It will be foul weather today: for th sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times? A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonah."

Luke 16:27-31, "Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren; that h may testify unto them, lest they also come to this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses an the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went to them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither wil they be perusaded, though one rose from the dead."

Dude, you know bible verses prove nothing to us, right? Moses and any supposed prophets are long since dead. There's no reason for us to believe these writings have any more divine inspiration than the Koran or Harry Potter. And any all-mighty god would be able to unequivocally prove his existence to each of us.

Oh, sorry, I thought that somewhere along the line you wanted to believe in God. If you are going o believe in God you have to come to Him on His terms, and HIs terms are found in the word of God, the Bible.

I know you don't believe me, simply because you don't want to (to believe would make you acountable to a holy God), but I have seen miracles that were indisputable.

That, dude, is UTTER FUCKING BULLSHIT!!! You have no fucking clue how hard I and many others BEGGED god to prove himself. You have NO FUCKING CLUE how much I wanted god to be real. I have NO FUCKING CLUE how much I didn't want my best imaginary friend to be imaginary.

The problem is, you wanted God to prove Himself. Look again at the verses I quoted, even if you don't think they prove anything. Because they tell you what God thinks of people who want Him to prove HImself to them.

Biblically, the sign of the prophet Jonah is the resurrection of Jesus from the dead. Of course you have the right to reject that evidence using whatever (faulty) logic you may decide to come up with. But it doesn't make it any less evidence.

And btw, if you were to believe based on the fact of the resurrection, you would find that other evidences also appeared to you. ....

But if you were to see the same miracles, you would discount them as being the work of something other than the God of the Bible. Why should God bother with you then? You want a sign, but the signs that He has given you you have rejected. He knows that you would reject other signs as well. He is not going to cater to you in your unbelief by giving you all kinds of signs that you will also reject.

You have no clue what I'd do if I saw any miracles.

Maybe so, but generally people who don't believe in the resurrection will not believe if some lesser miracle is revealed to them.

Your assumptions have made an ass out of you! Or perhaps you make such assumptions because your an ass. Being a skeptic, I can't be quite sure of the causal relationship there.

You're an ass! Or better yet, you're a horse's tail! Answer a fool according to his folly...

You're an ass! Or better yet, you're a horse's tail! Answer a fool according to his folly...

Spoken like a True Christian™. You could learn a bit or two from Thumbelina or End3.

Your days on this website are numbered...

We used to believe, remember? I used to believe Jesus was real and the resurrection was true, but I realized it's all make-belief.

And I'm glad for you that you have seen indisputable miracles. Good for you. i wish I could say the same thing.

And also, you just said above that you've seen indisputable miracles, so why can't we? Why can't I? Why is God hiding himself from me? I have asked God for a million miracles for many, many years, but seen ... nothing, ziltch, nada, nil. Nothing means nothing. I have seen nothing. You get it? Nothing. Why?

Because you were also an 'untrue' believer as me Ouroboros........ sad.png We didn't really get saved........

and always,best wishes for your son to be well.......

Because you were also an 'untrue' believer as me Ouroboros........ sad.png We didn't really get saved........

Yeah, I know. :rolleyes: They love to use the True Scotsman fallacy whenever they feel like it. It's obvious that "believer" is a very immature person without knowledge how reality works.

And btw, if you were to believe based on the fact of the resurrection, you would find that other evidences also appeared to you. I know you don't believe me, simply because you don't want to (to believe would make you acountable to a holy God), but I have seen miracles that were indisputable.

And when it comes to wanting to believe, I wanted to believe for several years before I saw that I was just trying to convince myself about imaginary things.

It's a cop-out and you know it. There are miracles God to do that would convince me it was him. Just like you are convincing me that you exist by posting, God could make himself clear to me. The reason why you make that excuse is because you know God doesn't do shit, for the simple reason, he doesn't exist. By your explanation, we can only know God through words by people and never by direct knowledge of God. God won't do anything, but people like you will bullshit to the end of time about your God who doesn't do anything… yeah, right, it would make Islam a true religion then…

Allah is a real God too. Why? Because he doesn't do anything either. WendyDoh.gif

I have a challenge for you. It's a challenge I have given many Christians in the past but all failed. My son is in a need of a miracle. He can't walk. If you can pray to God for that miracle and it happens, I will convert to your belief. Medically, it's impossible. Only a true supernatural miracle could change this. So get to it. Start praying.

If you can believe, all things are possible to him that believes. Mark 9:23

My question is would you still give God the glory for healing him if it were a process of learning to walk again? i.e. by physical therapy.

I have seen parapalegics walk again, but it was a process. Fist they moved their fingers, then their arms, then their toes, etc. then they got out of the chair an were walking with help, then on their own. The process that I saw was quick, but with you it may no be so quick. If it is not a quick process but your son walks again, will you be grateful to God for healing him? If so, then I will pray for him.

... God won't do anything, but people like you will bullshit to the end of time about your God who doesn't do anything…

It's fucking exhausting, ain't it.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator
Maybe so, but generally people who don't believe in the resurrection will not believe if some lesser miracle is revealed to them.

Why, exactly, should anyone believe in the resurrection? Because it's in your book of mythology? Do you believe the story of Muhammed's flying horse? That story is in an ancient book, so you should believe that one as well. The flying horse has just as much evidence for it (none).

Spoken like a True Christian™. You could learn a bit or two from Thumbelina or End3.

If my days are numbered, then so should the days be numbered of the person that I responded to. Or is there a doublke standard here? Unbelievers are allowed to curse and swear and insult people, but believers don't have the same right? You hypocrites!

My question is would you still give God the glory for healing him if it were a process of learning to walk again? i.e. by physical therapy.

Wouldn't the physical therapists deserve the glory?

• Like 3

I have seen parapalegics walk again, but it was a process. Fist they moved their fingers, then their arms, then their toes, etc. then they got out of the chair an were walking with help, then on their own. The process that I saw was quick, but with you it may no be so quick. If it is not a quick process but your son walks again, will you be grateful to God for healing him? If so, then I will pray for him.

You should pray for him anyway, regardless of his dad's non-belief.......

• Like 2

Why, exactly, should anyone believe in the resurrection? Because it's in your book of mythology? Do you believe the story of Muhammed's flying horse? That story is in an ancient book, so you should believe that one as well. The flying horse has just as much evidence for it (none).

People of Jesus' day believed in the resurrection because it was an indisputable fact.

People of Mohammed's day believed in Mohammed's religion because they were put to the sword and told to believe or die!

Also, the people who wrote the New Testament believed that all liars have their part in the lake of fire (Revelation 21:8). So they would not lie in their testimonies.

Mohammed, on the other hand, had no such restraint.

Dude you are so good at cherry picking that you should move out west and work with migrant farmers.

you believe the bible is the word of god becuase the bible says it is. The bible as you know it was created by the catholic church in like 400ad or something, BY COMMITTEE, out of all the know christian works at the time.

Biblical scholars have shown that Mark is the oldest of the canonized gospel, and that Mathew Luke and John were all loosely based off it.

The books of the old testament were written collections of oral traditions of the Hebrew people. Who were a nomadic and warlike tribe. The different books corresponding to different times of history that are correlated with archaeological evidence and histories of surrounding peoples. However, while some has been correlated the more miraculous the story the less evidence there is for it.

The new testament focuses on the roman period. However, There is no archaeological evidence for the existance of a man named Jesus. The tombs in Isreal were "Discovered" by rich European and catholic or orthodox christian patrons. The locals were more then happy to show them a "tomb" and claim it was Jesus's for a few gold coins.

Now be gone.

• Like 1

btw, God predicates salvation on believing. You not believing doesn't make hell not a real place, but it will put you there in the end. I can picture you standing in a pit with worms crawling through your skin and fire consuming you, saying, "This isn't real! This isn't real!" Your assertion that hell isn't real won't make it any less real.

People like you make me sick.

And yes, you did reject something. You rejected reality. The reality of the Cross and the Resurrection. Because you deny its reality does not make it any less real, in history, or in the hearts of believers everywhere, or in simple fact.

You're the one rejecting reality by living in a fantasy. And from what you wrote above, you obviously enjoy to think about people being harmed, i.e. a sadist.

You know what. If there where a loving god, and he was so damned concerned about us knowing who he is, what he expects of us, etc., we wouldn't have to jump through philosophical hoops to know of his existence. He'd leave NO DOUBT. And yes, a common response to that might be that doing that violates free will. That is, of course, silly. Unequivocal proof would only facilitate free will. It would allow us to make informed decisions about whether or not to follow god. And believing-by-faith-is-a-virtue idea is utter bullshit. The salvation of those who require unequivocal proof is so much more important than god getting his rocks off over blind faith. The very fact that believers who come to this site have to resort to things like the Kalaam Cosmological Argument is proof that if there is a god, he more closely resembles the deist concept of god than anything.

Matthew 16:1-4, "THE PHARISEES also with the Saducees came, and tempting desired that he would show them a sign from heaven. He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, it will be fair weather, for the sky is red. And in the morning, It will be foul weather today: for th sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times? A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonah."

Luke 16:27-31, "Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren; that h may testify unto them, lest they also come to this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses an the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went to them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither wil they be perusaded, though one rose from the dead."

Dude, you know bible verses prove nothing to us, right? Moses and any supposed prophets are long since dead. There's no reason for us to believe these writings have any more divine inspiration than the Koran or Harry Potter. And any all-mighty god would be able to unequivocally prove his existence to each of us.

Oh, sorry, I thought that somewhere along the line you wanted to believe in God. If you are going o believe in God you have to come to Him on His terms, and HIs terms are found in the word of God, the Bible.

I know you don't believe me, simply because you don't want to (to believe would make you acountable to a holy God), but I have seen miracles that were indisputable.

That, dude, is UTTER FUCKING BULLSHIT!!! You have no fucking clue how hard I and many others BEGGED god to prove himself. You have NO FUCKING CLUE how much I wanted god to be real. I have NO FUCKING CLUE how much I didn't want my best imaginary friend to be imaginary.

The problem is, you wanted God to prove Himself. Look again at the verses I quoted, even if you don't think they prove anything. Because they tell you what God thinks of people who want Him to prove HImself to them.

Biblically, the sign of the prophet Jonah is the resurrection of Jesus from the dead. Of course you have the right to reject that evidence using whatever (faulty) logic you may decide to come up with. But it doesn't make it any less evidence.

And btw, if you were to believe based on the fact of the resurrection, you would find that other evidences also appeared to you. ....

You have no clue what I'd do if I saw any miracles.

Your assumptions have made an ass out of you! Or perhaps you make such assumptions because your an ass. Being a skeptic, I can't be quite sure of the causal relationship there.

Hahaha, insults aren't very effective unless they're true. That being said, I do generally try to stay above insults and all that. Your attitude makes doing that a challenge. I kinda knew from the start that bothering with you would be a waste of time, but I haven't been in a good debate in a while. In the end, it was a waste of time. You're not ready and may never be ready to think freely, and I can see there is nothing I can do for you to get you to that point. So from here on out, I'm done with you.

You should pray for him anyway, regardless of his dad's non-belief.......

His dad should take him to a faith healer that is reputed for actual healings, such as Bethel in Redding, CA.

If my days are numbered, then so should the days be numbered of the person that I responded to. Or is there a doublke standard here? Unbelievers are allowed to curse and swear and insult people, but believers don't have the same right? You hypocrites!

Ok, I'll make one more response to you. It's like Florduh said. It's OUR playground!

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
People of Jesus' day believed in the resurrection because it was an indisputable fact.

People of Mohammed's day believed in Mohammed's religion because they were put to the sword and told to believe or die!

There is a story about the resurrection, that is all. There is NO EVIDENCE besides that story written decades after the supposed event. Christianity was also spread by the sword. Ever hear of the Crusades? Witch Hunts? Native Americans?

You are an idiot. Buh bye.

PUT TO THE SWORD?? Wendytwitch.gif

We were told that if we didn't believe the resurrection - we would be burned for eternity.eek.gif This is what you are really afraid of if you stopped believing the whole Roman time myth.

• Like 3

It actually has little to do with cursing. His point is end3 and Thumblina have stuck around for awhile. Like a year or more I think in end's case. Because they can argue better then you.

However, I am not a mod. The general rule of thumb in any forum situation is DON"T piss off the mods. OB can put up with alot and has. But Don't get personal. Attack the arguments, not the person.

Thumb is good about doing that. i think she only wandered into personal territory a few times and got quickly smacked down. end is just to laid back a guy to get let much bother him for to long.

saying that OB is a horse's ass was a personal attack.

It actually has little to do with cursing. His point is end3 and Thumblina have stuck around for awhile. Like a year or more I think in end's case. Because they can argue better then you.

However, I am not a mod. The general rule of thumb in any forum situation is DON"T piss off the mods. OB can put up with alot and has. But Don't get personal. Attack the arguments, not the person.

Thumb is good about doing that. i think she only wandered into personal territory a few times and got quickly smacked down. end is just to laid back a guy to get let much bother him for to long.

saying that OB is a horse's ass was a personal attack.

Hehe, actually, it was me he was picking on then. *Monkey pretends to cry* In all fairness, I did tell him "Your assumptions have made an ass out of you! Or perhaps you make such assumptions because your an ass. Being a skeptic, I can't be quite sure of the causal relationship there." But still, is attitude is definitly becoming abrasive and disrespectful.

His dad should take him to a faith healer that is reputed for actual healings, such as Bethel in Redding, CA.

Why can't you heal him by praying for him? Why does faith healing require some special person to do it? And why does it require the person being healed to actually be there? Didn't the Roman centurion tell Jesus that all he had to do was say the word, and it would be done, and that Jesus didn't have to go to the centurion's house? Why wouldn't the same thing hold for a true believer calling upon God's power?

I'll tell you why. It's all bullshit.

• Like 2

It's OUR website, little brainless one. You are not a former or deconverting christian for whom this site is intended. You're just the boring, preachy fundigelical who intruded here to insult us and try to pretend that you "know" better than any of us. You've only been allowed here this long because we find you amusing. But, now you're getting abusive, so it's almost ban-hammer time for you. Can't say you'll be missed. Fundigelicals like you come and go, without any of them ever having said anything that we haven't all heard a godzillion times and have long since grown out of.

• Like 2

It's OUR website, little brainless one. You are not a former or deconverting christian for whom this site is intended. You're just the boring, preachy fundigelical who intruded here to insult us and try to pretend that you "know" better than any of us. You've only been allowed here this long because we find you amusing. But, now you're getting abusive, so it's almost ban-hammer time for you. Can't say you'll be missed. Fundigelicals like you come and go, without any of them ever having said anything that we haven't all heard a godzillion times and have long since grown out of.

I don't know for certain, but I get the idea that christian websites are MUCH LESS tolerant of our kind.

Prove it. Prove that the resurrection was an indisputable fact. And no, that does not mean quote Bible verses at me. You would need to provide an overwhelming level of objective evidence, that is that there must be much more evidence for the resurrection than all alternatives.

• Like 1

see me as doubting Thomas. I want to see before I believe.

Absolutely. You have my word.

His condition can't be fixed with therapy. His spine is broken in two places and and the spinal cord crushed in a third. And his leg muscles are not where they should be after several flap surgeries and skin grafts.

I have seen parapalegics walk again, but it was a process.

Good for you. Now I want to see it too.

Fist they moved their fingers, then their arms, then their toes, etc. then they got out of the chair an were walking with help, then on their own. The process that I saw was quick, but with you it may no be so quick. If it is not a quick process but your son walks again, will you be grateful to God for healing him? If so, then I will pray for him.

His spine was severed 15 years ago. No doctor can fix it. So it takes a huge miracle. Huge, as in f**ing gigantic.

So pray. Like 20,000 other people have done the last 15 years.