Goodbye Jesus

The Cross And The Resurrection

believer

wow this thread is still alive.....just like zombie jesus.

There is a distinct possibility that very bad things can happen to people after they die.

Jay, based on what I know about neurology (considerably more than a layman but not as much as the Neurologists I work for), and based upon My experiences of not being self-aware when unconscious and in non-dreaming sleep, I think that "distinct possibility" is very, very low and simply not worth wasting any time on.

The Bible is giving us such a warning. Refusing to listen to the warning from this 2000 year old book can be an innocuous error to most people.

The Bible also mentions Talking Snakes™. If you happen to have one to spare, kindly Fed-Ex it to Me at your earliest convenience.

Ok, if you have a tough time believing, just 'pretend' to start with.

Are you serious? You're asking us to lie to ourselves? No. Absolutely not. Don't you dare suggest such a thing again, or I'm comin' out swinging with My Clue-By-Four™.

In fact, God is Love personified.

I disagree -- The god of the Bible is absolutely not 'love personified.' A deity that cannot tolerate human weaknesses unless the humans agree to accept a human sacrifice? Original sin, the CruciFiction and the mythology of hell all make a complete and utter mockery of the word 'love.'

Jesus has won your salvation 2000 years ago. It is a free gift to you. Just receive it.

No. It is not a free gift -- It is far too high a price for any thinking, moral being to pay. It is abrogation of personal responsibility, allowing 'Jesus' to take the fall. It is brown-nosing to a god of infinite evil, as one generally does not have to be "saved" from good gods.

• Like 1

I haven't read through all of the replies but to the OP believer I want to ask this: You mentioned the cell being more complex than the space shuttle which proves intelligent design. IF intelligent design were true, how do you know it was biblegod that created the world? There are many other creation stories. If the world was created by a being, why the fuck are you so sure it's that piece of shit biblegod that did it? And Jebus rising from the dead is really no big deal. Other people rose from the dead in the bile besides him. The only thing I would use my bile for now is to wipe my ass after taking a shit if I ever run out of toilet paper.

God is powerful in some ways. But not ALL powerful. For example, God cannot stop you from committing suicide. You have a lot of freedom in dealing with your life. God mostly cannot get in your way.

Yeah just like God can't stop starvation. God can't stop natural disasters. God could not explain to us the secrets of medicine so that we could reduce suffering. Aside from the planet itself, everything else good was created through the sweat and technology of humans. I guess God lacked the power to do that too.

I would not say God lacked the power. But this is the way God designed it.

Anyhow this is what the Bible teaches.

we do not believe the bible is the 'inspired word of god' ..... get your nose out of the so-called 'holy book' and give us some intelligent answers.

What the Bible teaches may not be easy to comprehend nor is it the way people think. That is why some serious study is necessary. Or find someone like me who is passionate about studying the Bible!

I like how people like you state that the bible is not easily comprehended, and takes years of study, and yet we need to come to salvation immediately, without the benefit of said years of study.

Study helps!

<< No. It is not a free gift -- It is far too high a price for any thinking, moral being to pay. It is abrogation of personal responsibility, allowing 'Jesus' to take the fall. It is brown-nosing to a god of infinite evil, as one generally does not have to be "saved" from good gods. >>

It is still a free gift. But some decide not to take it. That is all.

I'd say, due to lack to understanding of what is involved. .

Jesus was a great and moral man.   Why insult a great person??   Because you had a bad experience with a religion??   Face the facts, man.

what is a fact as indicated by you?

Jesus as a great and moral man? othervthan the bible and the fabricated portion of Joesephus, where is it that recorded that Jesus is a great and moral man?

You don't have to 'really believe'. But you have to receive.

You can repeat this all day and it won't make it any less illogical. Receive my magic, invisible fairy dust. Just receive it.

Ok, if you have a tough time believing, just 'pretend'

Ah, I see, because then the magic begins, like when I say abra cadabra!

Son, who do you think you are talking to? All of us on this site have more or less done what you suggested in our lives. That's why we have the label exxians. Like I said, engage your brain. Right now you are parroting platitudes someone else put in your head. You are an unfortunate victim of a cult.

But here is a caviar.

No, here is the caviar:

beluga_caviar.jpg

Son, all I can do is to explain what the Bible teaches. I know you may have difficult time seeing its relevance to your real life. But my hope is that you keep searching. Isn't that why you want to have a conversation with a Christian? Otherwise why waste time here??

Jesus as a great and moral man? othervthan the bible and the fabricated portion of Joesephus, where is it that recorded that Jesus is a great and moral man?

I find the term 'zombie Jesus' was tad offensive. Obviously there are a lot of angry, bitter people here. But we should all tone down the language. Jesus is the absolute greatest hero to me. But just take a look at from historical perspective., Jesus was a great person!

There is a distinct possibility that very bad things can happen to people after they die.

The Bible is giving us such a warning. Refusing to listen to the warning from this 2000 year old book can be an innocuous error to most people.

Cut the shit and just say you think we're going to hell to burn alive forever. By the way, Jesus' warning he'd come back soon within the generation of that time is revealing. Lies and threats reveal a groping for power and control.

That is one ugly face.

I find the term 'zombie Jesus' was tad offensive. Obviously there are a lot of angry, bitter people here. But we should all tone down the language. Jesus is the absolute greatest hero to me. But just take a look at from historical perspective., Jesus was a great person!

HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE????? which history books state that Jesus is a fact in history?

This is a exC site, and YES you will find alot of anger and bitterness for those being enslaved by the bible, mentally tortured by the threat of hell and the non-response from your supposedly omniscience but never present heavenly father.

Do i need to say more?

HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE????? which history books state that Jesus is a fact in history?

This is a exC site, and YES you will find alot of anger and bitterness for those being enslaved by the bible, mentally tortured by the threat of hell and the non-response from your supposedly omniscience but never present heavenly father.

Do i need to say more?

There is almost no historian who argues that Jesus was not a real historical figure. Can you think of any??

WHAT KIND OF FUCKED UP WARPED LOGIC IS THAT?

almost no historians? prove a negative?

Do i need to say more?

There is almost no historian who argues that Jesus was not a real historical figure. Can you think of any??

Look up some videos from Francesca Stavrakopoulou! She has a doctorate in theology and religion from Oxford and she is also pretty. :)

Maybe it will shed some light on the historicity of the Bible.

Son, all I can do is to explain what the Bible teaches.

That's your problem. You are limiting your intellectual potential to the thinking of a bronze-age mentality.

Isn't that why you want to have a conversation with a Christian? Otherwise why waste time here??

Normally I have no desire to debate with an xian. As far as braindead people go, they are right up there with Fox news viewers and neo conservatives. You seem like a nice enough guy, so I thought I'd try and reason with you. I have my suspicions that you have serious questions of your own. I encourage you not to bury them but to explore them.

I personally used to believe much like you do, yet the questions came and came hard. I reasoned that if god was real and he was good that it would behest me to seek with intellectual honesty. I did and found in the end I could no longer believe. That's my journey in a nutshell. You'll have to make your own choices in this world. Personally, I've always been interested in truth.

Jesus is the absolute greatest hero to me. But just take a look at from historical perspective., Jesus was a great person!

Where is the historical evidence that Jesus was a great person?

You do realize that it's the type of argument historians would avoid? You should know that seeing how you were forced to take a history class.

How does any of that that make Jesus a great person from a historical perspective?

You know what offends me?

People coming here, to this website, telling members how they should behave here... On their website.

This website is what it is. ,members here been given the right to express what they feel. That's part of the purpose with this websjte. And you come here-high and mighty and full of you arrogant supremacist morality--and tell people how they should act.

Nothing angers me more...

What did you expect here? What kind of website do you think this is? Sing kumbaya and pray with the Jesus people? Come on. You can't be that naive.

Now I'm going to offend you even more. Jesus is a zombie. He rose from the dead, just like zombies does. His disciples are vampires. They drank his blood. Oh, btw, Jesus was a human sacrifice as well, just like the old pagan religions. And the trinity is just another false form of polytheism, and the cross is a idol symbol Christians worship. What else.... hmm... Your religion is full of shit? Will that be offensive enough? I feel that perhaps we all should just start piling up and give you the worst to get you to bend over and take it. This website was here before you registered. It was your choice to register. You conform to the culture to where you go, not the reversed. Paul supposedly taught you become a Jew for a Jew and a Greek for a Greek, but oh no, that's not what you do at all. You tell the Greek to become a JayL, and you tell the Jew to become a JayL, or JayL will start crying... boo hoo.

In other words, take it or leave it. Don't tell people what they can't do or not in this place. (Because that's my role.)

(Big fucking stupid asshole is trying to be alphadog or something...)

---

Get this JayL. We're not going to play your game. We're not going to conform to your needs. You can fulfill your wishes and wants in your bedroom with whatever "girlfriend" you so chooses (including Jesus), but we're not going to serve you hot-pink medium rare files, Bearnaise sauce with fried potato wedges just because you yell you want it. Nor will we brush your tassels and wipe of your coat because you want it clean and pretty. We're not your servants. Understand this, this website allows abusive language in regards to your stupid religion, and if you can't take it... then this is not the place for you. Ignorance is bliss, and some Jesus-people are more"blessed" than others...

Jesus was a great and moral man. Why insult a great person?? Because you had a bad experience with a religion?? Face the facts, man.

A man named Jesus probably lived during that time. He may have worked as laborer. He may have led a movement that created a new religon.

The myth of Jesus is just that.

The fact is at this point the man may have well not existed as the myth has taken over. Since the myth very closely relates to the Greek Hero Archetype, most of it can be dismissed as false.

Therefore, it would be difficult to claim he was a moral man or not based on the myths. As myths would of course make him out to be perfect.

Also, he's dead. The dead don't care about the jokes or insults of the living.

Finally, It was a joke. Those who can't joke about their religion or politics take themselves way to seriously and need to learn to laugh at themselves a bit more.

Grandpa Harley? Welcome back, we missed you!

• Like 4

Grandpa Harley? Welcome back, we missed you!

:HaHa:

Jesus was a great and moral man. Why insult a great person?? Because you had a bad experience with a religion?? Face the facts, man.

Outside of cult writings there is very little to base Jesus on.

I would also contend that the Biblical Jesus was not such a great and moral man.

He was a cult leader that aspired to have all authority and power, and threatened people with "wrath" if they offended him.

Simple unbelief is offensive to Jesus, which makes him more of an authoritarian than "moral".

WHAT KIND OF FUCKED UP WARPED LOGIC IS THAT?

almost no historians? prove a negative?

Hey watch your language, man.

A man named Jesus probably lived during that time. He may have worked as laborer. He may have led a movement that created a new religon.

The myth of Jesus is just that.

The fact is at this point the man may have well not existed as the myth has taken over. Since the myth very closely relates to the Greek Hero Archetype, most of it can be dismissed as false.

Therefore, it would be difficult to claim he was a moral man or not based on the myths. As myths would of course make him out to be perfect.

Also, he's dead. The dead don't care about the jokes or insults of the living.

Finally, It was a joke. Those who can't joke about their religion or politics take themselves way to seriously and need to learn to laugh at themselves a bit more.

Ok, as a joke I can tolerate.

I just love this time of year when all the crackpots come bubbling to the surface.

Outside of cult writings there is very little to base Jesus on.

I would also contend that the Biblical Jesus was not such a great and moral man.

He was a cult leader that aspired to have all authority and power, and threatened people with "wrath" if they offended him.

Simple unbelief is offensive to Jesus, which makes him more of an authoritarian than "moral".

Well, I do agree that he sounded authoritarian. But he was not violent nor did he encourage his followers to use violence to advance his cause. To me, that is an important difference - because most authoritarians and revolutionary leaders invariably resort to violence.