Goodbye Jesus

The Cross And The Resurrection

believer

<< You don't call THIS powerful?????? jezzzeeusss man - get a life!! >>

God is powerful in some ways. But not ALL powerful. For example, God cannot stop you from committing suicide. You have a lot of freedom in dealing with your life. God mostly cannot get in your way.

Yes, it is that easy. Because it ALL depends on Jesus, not on you and me. Jesus has totally finished the work required for human salvation.

Why oh why do you keep missing such easy points? Take back your brains man, I can see you got 'em. If you don't believe it, you can't do it. Just try and believe in Santa; make yourself do it. Really believe, not just say you believe.

God is powerful in some ways. But not ALL powerful. For example, God cannot stop you from committing suicide. You have a lot of freedom in dealing with your life. God mostly cannot get in your way.

Yeah just like God can't stop starvation. God can't stop natural disasters. God could not explain to us the secrets of medicine so that we could reduce suffering. Aside from the planet itself, everything else good was created through the sweat and technology of humans. I guess God lacked the power to do that too.

Know who else doesn't have power? The Easter Bunny.

• Like 1

none of us would NEVER feel like commiting suicide if 'he' had ever made a nice world for us to live in to begin with!!

• Like 2

Yeah just like God can't stop starvation. God can't stop natural disasters. God could not explain to us the secrets of medicine so that we could reduce suffering. Aside from the planet itself, everything else good was created through the sweat and technology of humans. I guess God lacked the power to do that too.

I would not say God lacked the power. But this is the way God designed it. He created a world where freedom exists and where things can get out of hands.

Anyhow this is what the Bible teaches. ( For example, read the story of Noah's Flood, It is very different than the way people think about God. "God is all powerful". "God can do anything" type of crappy, unbiblical ideas that seem to appeal to a lot of religious people.)

@ Margee and mymistake - woohoo.gif

I'm going to have to just stay out of you guy's way and let you take down this idiot. jesus.gif

• Like 1

<< You promise to read this first and then I'll get back to you!

http://www.ex-christ...__fromsearch__1 >>

Thanks for your heart felt testimony. But I simply cannot agree with your assumptions about God. You said, God is all powerful and why does He allow evil to exist?? Unfortunately so many skeptics operate under this false 'theology'.

It is false theology to claim 'God is all powerful'. According to my understanding of the Bible, God is NOT all powerful. For example, God cannot prevent people from going to hell. ( According to the Bible, it is God's will that all people would be saved. But he cannot make that happen. Ergo, God is not all powerful!! ) In the same vein, in most cases, God CAN NOT stop people from committing evil acts.

My guess is that a lot of spiritual struggle you have been experiencing may have to do with a false understanding of God of the Bible.

You don't call THIS powerful below?????? Jezzzeeusss man - get a life!!

All he has to do is 'say' something and it comes into 'being'!!! Jesus! If that's not powerful -I don't know what is!!!!

Genesis 1

The Beginning

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

6 And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” 7 So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

9 And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.

11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good.

19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

20 And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.” 21So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.” 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

24 And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so. 25God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image,

in the image of God he created them;

male and female he created them.

You did not answer this properly!! give me answers!!

Yes, it is that easy. Because it ALL depends on Jesus, not on you and me. Jesus has totally finished the work required for human salvation.

Why oh why do you keep missing such easy points? Take back your brains man, I can see you got 'em. If you don't believe it, you can't do it. Just try and believe in Santa; make yourself do it. Really believe, not just say you believe.

You don't have to 'really believe'. But you have to receive. That is, you do not have to do anything really. Just ask God to forgive all your sins - any wrong doings and believe that they are forgiven in Christ. Ok, if you have a tough time believing, just 'pretend' to start with. Act forgiven in Christ. You'd be closer to the metaphysical truth.

But here is a caviar. This only works with God because He is so loving. In fact, God is Love personified. Do NOT assume that people would forgive you of wrong doings. ( Remember, God cannot control people. If you do wrong things to people they will kick your butts! ). But with God, everything is settled in Christ. Jesus has won your salvation 2000 years ago. It is a free gift to you. Just receive it. Receive in Christ. Then with God, you are an OK guy. ( He does not sound like a despot, does He?)

Anyhow this is the message of the New Testament.

I would not say God lacked the power. But this is the way God designed it.

Anyhow this is what the Bible teaches.

we do not believe the bible is the 'inspired word of god' ..... get your nose out of the so-called 'holy book' and give us some intelligent answers.

none of us would NEVER feel like commiting suicide if 'he' had ever made a nice world for us to live in to begin with!!

It is God's full intention that we would live in an absolute paradise ( Garden of Eden - a verdant nudist retreat for two people in love! ) But this world He designed - where freedom exists - turned out to be far more dangerous that Adam and Eve imagined. Things went very wrong ( Satan rebelled and he also deceived Eve into joining him. ) and the world is the way it is.

we do not believe the bible is the 'inspired word of god' ..... get your nose out of the so-called 'holy book' and give us some intelligent answers.

What the Bible teaches may not be easy to comprehend nor is it the way people think. That is why some serious study is necessary. Or find someone like me who is passionate about studying the Bible!

What the Bible teaches may not be easy to comprehend nor is it the way people think. That is why some serious study is necessary. Or find someone like me who is passionate about studying the Bible!

thank god your here to help us. woohoo.gifhelp.gifclap.gifLeslieHappyCry.gif

• Like 1

<< When I slip and die, I'm not tortured eternally, I'm just dead, like I was before I was conceived. I don't recall it being such a bad thing. I can certainly fathom eternal torture as a very bad thing. In fact, it's so bad I wouldn't sentence Hitler to such a fate if I were on his jury panel. That makes me kinder than your concept of god. >>

What I am trying to illustrate is that this world we live in is a fairly dangerous place. Bad things can happen in this world even with an innocuous mistake - like feet slipping, not wearing right shoes.

There is a distinct possibility that very bad things can happen to people after they die.

The Bible is giving us such a warning. Refusing to listen to the warning from this 2000 year old book can be an innocuous error to most people.

You don't have to 'really believe'. But you have to receive.

You can repeat this all day and it won't make it any less illogical. Receive my magic, invisible fairy dust. Just receive it.

Ok, if you have a tough time believing, just 'pretend'

Ah, I see, because then the magic begins, like when I say abra cadabra!

Son, who do you think you are talking to? All of us on this site have more or less done what you suggested in our lives. That's why we have the label exxians. Like I said, engage your brain. Right now you are parroting platitudes someone else put in your head. You are an unfortunate victim of a cult.

But here is a caviar.

No, here is the caviar:

beluga_caviar.jpg

• Like 1

Actually Bible teaching are very easy to comprehend. You just need to have the right starting foundation. That foundation is: The Bible was written by men who did not know what they were talking about and at times did not agree with each other. Then the Bible was re-written over and over again by more men who did not know what they were talking about and often didn't agree with each other. That is why the Bible is filled with contradictions, ignorance, lies, propaganda, myth, nonsense, leftover concepts from previous religions and so on.

When the Jewish people returned from Babylon Ezra's crew took local and Babylonian myth and wove them together to Create a Jerusalem temple cult. We call Ezra's work "the Old Testament". Some 800 years later when Rome had trouble keeping their vast Empire together they noticed that a popular poverty cult could be useful to them. So they picked out the Christian writings they liked, called that "the New Testament" and executed everyone who would not conform as heretics.

There is a distinct possibility that very bad things can happen to people after they die.

The Bible is giving us such a warning. Refusing to listen to the warning from this 2000 year old book can be an innocuous error to most people.

Have you prepared for when Anubis weighs your heart in the afterlife? Perhaps you should study the Egyptian Book of the Dead to learn the proper protection spells. You don't want to get eaten on Judgment Day.

<< Ah, I see, because then the magic begins, like when I say abra cadabra! >>

Certain things in this life DO seem like a magic.

Actually Bible teaching are very easy to comprehend. You just need to have the right starting foundation. That foundation is: The Bible was written by men who did not know what they were talking about and at times did not agree with each other. Then the Bible was re-written over and over again by more men who did not know what they were talking about and often didn't agree with each other. That is why the Bible is filled with contradictions, ignorance, lies, propaganda, myth, nonsense, leftover concepts from previous religions and so on.

When the Jewish people returned from Babylon Ezra's crew took local and Babylonian myth and wove them together to Create a Jerusalem temple cult. We call Ezra's work "the Old Testament". Some 800 years later when Rome had trouble keeping their vast Empire together they noticed that a popular poverty cult could be useful to them. So they picked out the Christian writings they liked, called that "the New Testament" and executed everyone who would not conform as heretics.

Not only is it an interesting book to me ( I know most people would lose their interest in about a minute or sooner fall asleep reading it ) I am finding real life in the Bible.

I have been in and out of Christianity for most of my life since teens. But it was only in my near 40's I realized that the Bible is not a normal book. I am now pretty much convinced that the Bible is a supernatural book.

In my understanding of the Bible, God is currently NOT in control of this world. "The god of this age", Satan is free to act by deceiving people. It is a job for us Christians to take a stand, to expose the lies of Satan, and open people's eyes so they can find salvation in Jesus Christ.

Please provide scriptural confirmation from the Old Testament that Satan lies and is an enemy of God.

P.S. Don't use Genesis as proof . Satan is never mentioned in it.

The Bible teaches that Salvation is a gift and all you have to do is to receive it. You hardly have to do anything. Just RECEIVE the salvation as a gift. And it would be Ok. Anyhow, this is what the Bible teaches.

I noticed you've also used the famous "free gift" argument.

Don't you need to not only believe, but confess belief, repent, be baptised, maintain belief, and do some works of charity as the Bible says?

If not, why not?

JayL, your arguments confuse me. Mainly because they are inconsistent and make no sense at all. For a start, you say that God cannot stop us from committing suicide. As a further example of how God is not all-powerful, you then cited the incident of Noah and the flood.

But wait. You're saying that God can - and indeed has - wipe out virtually every living thing on the planet, including the whole human race apart from one man and his family, but yet he is powerless to keep someone alive against their will! How does that work exactly? If your argument is that God cannot violate free will, then I'd just point out that an awful lot of free will was violated when God drowned virtually the entire human race!

The example of Noah's flood also rather contradicts your claim in post 258 that 'God is love personified.' I'm sorry, but in what dictionary is loving someone defined as murdering them? Now that said, there are people on this planet who do actually kill those they love. Consider for instance the mothers who forced their own children to drink or inject cyanide at the urging of Jim Jones on November 18 1978 - or even the most well known child killer of them all, Josef Goebbels, who, with Russian troops closing in on Berlin, had every single one of his children killed, because he believed that for them death would be better than a Germany without Nazism.

We call such people mad. Or deluded. Or insane. Or brainwashed. What we do not call them however are normal, rational, loving human beings! So tell me. When your God commits such behaviour on a mass scale, why do you call him loving?

But bringing Nazism into any debate is perhaps rather dubious, so let's take another example. How about

Woops, my apologies for the clumsy line left at the end there as a result of incomplete editing. That is embarassing. Maybe I should start claiming that my posts are inspired by the divine spaghetti monster and that everything I say is therefore infallible. That way, maybe everyone will completely ignore such mistakes, even when they're glaringly obvious and are staring you right in the face!

Cut the shit and just say you think we're going to hell to burn alive forever. By the way, Jesus' warning he'd come back soon within the generation of that time is revealing. Lies and threats reveal a groping for power and control.

Not only is it an interesting book to me ( I know most people would lose their interest in about a minute or sooner fall asleep reading it )

I read the whole Bible several times over. I find other books to be more interesting. Game of Thrones is a million times better, or perhaps even a trillion times better.

I am finding real life in the Bible.

Hmm.... I find it flawed and unable to explain human behavior properly.

I have been in and out of Christianity for most of my life since teens.

Me too. Actually, I became Christian at 7, by myself.

But it was only in my near 40's I realized that the Bible is not a normal book.

I was about 40 when I realized that it was a book written by humans. And not in any way mysterious, magical, or supernatural. :shrug:

Funny how we can live to the same age but arrive at different experiences and realizations.

I am now pretty much convinced that the Bible is a supernatural book.

I don't see how.

Over the years, I've heard Muslims claim the same thing about their book. They're totally super-convinced... just like you. And I'm standing on the sideline and think both sides being crazy.

I like how people like you state that the bible is not easily comprehended, and takes years of study, and yet we need to come to salvation immediately, without the benefit of said years of study.