Goodbye Jesus

In Between Churches

JayL

Ever notice you never see Thumb and Jay together? Same smarmy preaching, same circular logic (if any). Of course it can be said that all christ-tards are like that but still..........

They don't want to fight each other or criticize each other's dogma in public. It would give "Christians" a bad name.

There is a simple way out. Just say Yes to God - the God of the New Testament, the God who embodies love. Just say, "Lord Jesus, thank you for forgiving my sins. I accept your salvation that was accomplished on the cross"

Now how hard is that??

I just did it. I said it.

Now what?

I didn't feel anything. Nothing happened. No flash. No light. No finger of fire writing on the wall. No manna falling down from heaven. The dogs didn't even flinch. So... was there anything special that was supposed to happen?

Recite the following:

"I bear witness that there is no god but, Allah, and I bear witness that Mohammad is the messenger of Allah."

There. Now how hard was that?

I said that too now.

Still nothing happened. silverpenny013Hmmm.gif

So does this mean that I'm both a True Christian™ AND a True Muslim™? I still don't believe there's a God, which means that I'm still an atheist as well. Cool. I'll go to Christian Heaven, and Muslim Heaven, and Hell. I got a multinational passport to all afterlife vacation places. Niiiiice...

Recite the following:

"I bear witness that there is no god but, Allah, and I bear witness that Mohammad is the messenger of Allah."

I said that too now.

So does this mean that I'm both a True Christian™ AND a True Muslim™? I still don't believe there's a God, which means that I'm still an atheist as well. Cool. I'll go to Christian Heaven, and Muslim Heaven, and Hell. I got a multinational passport to all afterlife vacation places. Niiiiice...

Ulysses: "Well, ain't is a small world, spiritually speaking? Pete and Delmer have just been baptized and saved. I guess I'm the only one who remains unaffiliated."

Oh Brother Where Art Thou? - 2000

Recite the following:

I said that too now.

sorry sir, you have forgotten about buddhism mantras and such, you will be recycled (reincarnated)

Recite the following:

I said that too now.

Because you didn't pray hard enough. You have to put your back into it, and make the most godammit-I'm-extremely-constipated expression you can summon.

lens1506120_constipated-face.jpg

• Like 1

Oh Grasshopper, I'm over here grinning from ear to ear.

There is a simple way out. Just say Yes to God - the God of the New Testament, the God who embodies love. Just say, "Lord Jesus, thank you for forgiving my sins. I accept your salvation that was accomplished on the cross"

Now how hard is that??

I just did it. I said it.

Now what?

I didn't feel anything. Nothing happened. No flash. No light. No finger of fire writing on the wall. No manna falling down from heaven. The dogs didn't even flinch. So... was there anything special that was supposed to happen?

Nothing happened?? Hmmmm....... Well, I am glad that you did it anyway.

So how did slavery get abolished in the western world? Because of some atheists? LOL Perhaps Charles Darwin campaigned against it?? Learn some history, dude. Your 'tolerance oriented' philosopher Voltaire was making money from slave trades!! If it weren't for Christianity, slavery would still be a universal practice.

Did I say it was abolished by atheists? You have poor reading comprehension. I am not a dude, either, I am a lady.

Christian societies permitted slavery for centuries. That some group of them suddenly started opposing it doesn't mean much. It certainly does not establish the truth of Christianity.

You solely lack historical perspectives. You think just because slavery is illegal now, that people opposed in the olden days - perhaps you are assuming people back then were just like you.

Thruout human history, slavery was an accepted institution. Everyone practiced it - around the world. Heck, African slaves were still being auctioned off in 1974 !! In Mecca !! Did you know that???

Christians were the first group in history who opposed the slavery and successfully abolished it. That is a historical fact.

So I am asking to you, if not Christians, who?? Atheists?? Give me a break.

You know what, I have a more important question. Who started the institution of slavery to begin with. I mean the INSTITUTION, not the practice.

The ENDING you claim Christianity caused wasn't really intentional. Churches demanded that there would be an end to slavery OF Christians, and since everyone was considered a Christian at that point, it ALMOST completely ended IN THAT PART OF THE WORLD during the 7th century I think.

But back to my earlier question, "who started it?", why dear friend it was your ilk that did so. Your sect REINSTITUTED it using the same book your are spouting claims of ending it. Rather ubiquitious I think, don't you?

Nicholas V, a papal jerk off in the highest order, said instead to just enslave NON-CHRISTIANS.

Furthermore, if it wasn't for Abner Kneeland, a FREETHINKER with a lecture hall available in Boston, William Lloyd Garrison wouldn't have had a place to preach and give his abolitionist speeches in after the churches turned him out of their flocks. And how dare you refuse to acknowlege Robert Ingersoll! Not only did he fight for the Union in the Civil War, he fought slavery tooth and nail more than any Christian hypocrite in the New England states. Christians talked a good game about ending slavery, but when it happend, Jim Crow still managed to find it's way into policy.

You, sir, need to educate yourself and quit putting the pedestal higher than where it really is.

Who started it? Probably the biggest credit should go to Islam. The big scale African slave trade was started by muslims and continued for several hundred years. Europeans sailed over the African coast and purchased slaves from muslim slave traders already operating there.

The biggest hero in ending slave trade in Europe is William Wilberforth. http://en.wikipedia....iam_Wilberforce Compared to Wilberforce, what has Ingersoll done? Not much !

Slavery has been going on SINCE THE BEGINNING OF TIME by ALL cultures. That is first and foremost. The African slave trade was NOT started by muslims. They were already enslaving their own and others from war. Damn man, seriously get over yourself already! There were Jewish slave traders as well. And either way, Muslims and Christians are from the same religion and God. You can't pick and choose who is in your fold. And last I checked, it wasn't only Islam that was in Africa at the time. Though, granted much of Islam flourished through Africa because of their purchase of slaves that the local African tribes had already collected from spoils of tribal war. Are you forgetting about the enslavement of the Irish as well? How did Islam have anything to do with that?

Now you are jumping to ending slavery in Europe? What about America like you were arguing? Stick with your own argument and not jump to different continents. I hope you have better sources than Wiki....they are very unreliable.

IMO Ingersoll did a lot for abolishing slavery. He used his pen and speeches to influence many a community's attitude and when you get people on the same page, CHANGE happens.

Enslaving non muslims is a part of Islamic theology. That is why there was active slave trading market - trading African slaves - in Mecca - during 1970's.

1970's!!!! Think about that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now how hard is that??

Recite the following:

In Christianity you get your sins forgiven by receiving what Jesus has done on the cross.

In Islam, you get nothing. But by 'the witness saying' you do get to join 1 billion strong Islamic gang.

Enslaving non muslims is a part of Islamic theology. That is why there was active slave trading market - trading African slaves - in Mecca - during 1970's.

That's news to me, care to quote a passage? Keep in mind that the OT sanctions slavery and even prohibits Jews enslaving their own so if Islam picked up sanctioning slavery from anywhere, it's the Bible. Also, while I agree that they're somewhat backward, it's not like the US was far ahead, my great grandfather would've been around when they abolished slavery.

Having been unable to defend Christianity JayL wants to change the subject.

Having been unable to defend Christianity JayL wants to change the subject.

Nah man, nah... He's pressing skin. He's making eye contact. He's building social capital.

Give the guy a break. He's clinging to a dying system of belief.

That's news to me, care to quote a passage? Keep in mind that the OT sanctions slavery and even prohibits Jews enslaving their own so if Islam picked up sanctioning slavery from anywhere, it's the Bible. Also, while I agree that they're somewhat backward, it's not like the US was far ahead, my great grandfather would've been around when they abolished slavery.

It IS very hard to abolish slavery based moral stance. That is why it took a man of great Christian faith like William Wilberforce to get anywhere.

Atheists and secularists did not even have a chance. You need a man of faith.

You need a man of faith.

He is comparing the imaginary Christian rewards to the real Islamic reward. That isn't valid. He should either compare real to real, where both have nothing to show, or he should compare mythic salvation to 72 virgins.

But it's rather silly because very few members here as Islamic. Why is he trying to bash Islam when it's irrelevant?

You need a man of faith.

Thanks. A great song by the blue eyed soul sistah, Annie Lennox.

He is comparing the imaginary Christian rewards to the real Islamic reward. That isn't valid. He should either compare real to real, where both have nothing to show, or he should compare mythic salvation to 72 virgins.

But it's rather silly because very few members here as Islamic. Why is he trying to bash Islam when it's irrelevant?

<< Having been unable to defend Christianity JayL wants to change the subject. >>

LOL

Thanks. A great song by the blue eyed soul sistah, Annie Lennox.

You're welcome Jay. Yeah, she rocks.

And she may not mess with you because you tend to be a missionary man.

But she most definitely would not mess with me. YA!

Why is he trying to bash Islam when it's irrelevant?

When I bash on the enemy of my enemy, my enemy accepts me as one of them.

It IS very hard to abolish slavery based moral stance. That is why it took a man of great Christian faith like William Wilberforce to get anywhere.

Atheists and secularists did not even have a chance. You need a man of faith.

How does that answer my post?

Why is he trying to bash Islam when it's irrelevant?

When I bash on the enemy of my enemy, my enemy accepts me as one of them.

I don't consider Islam to be my enemy. But then I don't consider JayL to be my enemy either. But yes I see the attempt at manipulation to be a cheap trick. If this is just about being accepted as a member of ex-C all JayL has to do is not defend Christianity here. It's really that simple. When the topic comes up just say "Let's agree to disagree".

I don't consider Islam to be my enemy.

I certainly believe some forms of Islam are friggin dangerous. But I like the Sufis.

But then I don't consider JayL to be my enemy either.

Perhaps not, but you have rejected his precious. Indeed you argue that his precious is not what he thinks it is.

If this is just about being accepted as a member of ex-C all JayL has to do is not defend Christianity here. It's really that simple. When the topic comes up just say "Let's agree to disagree".

Yet here we are. And he does seem to want to defend it. There could be all sorts of complex reasons why he wants to do this. But here we are.

Perhaps not, but you have rejected his precious. Indeed you argue that his precious is not what he thinks it is.

Then perhaps he should get over his problem.

"The religion itself is based on a false dichotomy; the notion that you must either choose God or reject Him."

And he does seem to want to defend it. There could be all sorts of complex reasons why he wants to do this. But here we are.

Attacking Islam doesn't defend Christianity. It's not a zero sum game.

MM... that video. True story here.

When I was a believer I once prayed to God to remove my vanity. The immediate response was "no".