Goodbye Jesus

In Between Churches

JayL

I'm in between churches too. Permanently.

Does that ugly avatar mean I am no longer welcome here??

Oh don't be so negative. That picture won't damage you. It is all positive. It means the pixies have forgiven you and decided to not turn you into a frog. You are no longer guilty before them for not believing in pixies because of what Ouroboros has done for you. What is negative about that? You don't have to spend the rest of your life as a frog. You get to continue the rest of your life as a human without ever believing in pixies and they will never turn you into a frog! That is the most positive message there is! There is nothing negative in that picture. Absolutely nothing. Zero nada.

Well, I tried to contribute to conversation....

If you saw a paraplegic in real life and you saw his family standing there . . . would you walk up to them and tell these people that they are testing God? Would you blame their tragedy on this "testing God" if you were talking to them face to face?

Or do you only make that kind of "contribution" when you are online?

Obviously the moderator was very offended by my remarks - so as to 'award' this obscene avatar. But hey, that is why this is Lion's Den. Christians are free to express their opinions in 'free for all' open discussion, letting it all hang out. People shouldn't resort to such low tactic as to attach an obscene image to people's comment. But I guess some people are very sensitive around here.... But think this way. You 'ex-Christians' may want to horn your skill against the truest of true believers -- like moi. smile.png So I am willing to be here. I am not angry at anybody. I enjoyed my time here. But that avatar is so damn ugly, I may avoid coming here...

Now, if the moderator finds it in his heart to overlook whatever the offense I have caused and remove that obscenity from my comment block, I may come to this board a lot more often!

Have a Happy New Year everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHrVG06U5MA

Obviously the moderator was very offended by my remarks - so as to 'award' this obscene avatar. But hey, that is why this is Lion's Den. Christians are free to express their opinions in 'free for all' open discussion, letting it all hang out. People shouldn't resort to such low tactic as to attach an obscene image to people's comment.

The moderators work for the owner of this site. Who are you to tell them what they should or shouldn't do? Besides you know why it was done and you know how many people tried to warn you. How could you not blame yourself?

Say this post was a lot like your others. Are you spamming nearly identical messages?

• Like 1

Obviously the moderator was very offended by my remarks - so as to 'award' this obscene avatar. But hey, that is why this is Lion's Den. Christians are free to express their opinions in 'free for all' open discussion, letting it all hang out. People shouldn't resort to such low tactic as to attach an obscene image to people's comment.

The moderators work for the owner of this site. Who are you to tell them what they should or shouldn't do? Besides you know why it was done and you know how many people tried to warn you. How could you not blame yourself?

Say this post was a lot like your others. Are you spamming nearly identical messages?

Hallelujah! That temporary 'obscene award' image is gone. I am back to being an authentic Christian believer. Thank you all.

I am back to conversations! Thanks to the moderator.

Jesus preached atheism. Just look at the parable of the lilies in the field. The birds and lilies have everything they need and not one of them prays or worships imaginary creatures in the sky. When shit happens, they move on. They don't agonize over the meaning of it all, nor do they seem too disturbed by it for very long.

Well! That was NOT the meaning behind the parable. The point of the parable is that people should not worry. But that they should trust in God who will provide for them.

The parable is a major fail. The birds and flowers have no conception of your god. They are atheists. When animals need food, they go get it. They don't pray to imaginary sky critters. No altar calls, no sinners prayers, no 1-800 numbers, no fear of eternal damnation. The parable contradicts basic fundie dogma, which starts out by instiling worry and fear of hell. Without that artificially created dread, there is no Christianity. To have included this Buddhist parable in the NT canon was an oversight by the 4th century censors. Ooops.

How's the ambience in your ass by the way?

Jesus preached atheism. Just look at the parable of the lilies in the field. The birds and lilies have everything they need and not one of them prays or worships imaginary creatures in the sky. When shit happens, they move on. They don't agonize over the meaning of it all, nor do they seem too disturbed by it for very long.

Well! That was NOT the meaning behind the parable. The point of the parable is that people should not worry. But that they should trust in God who will provide for them.

The parable is a major fail. The birds and flowers have no conception of your god. They are atheists. When animals need food, they go get it. They don't pray to imaginary sky critters. No altar calls, no sinners prayers, no 1-800 numbers, no fear of eternal damnation. The parable contradicts basic fundie dogma, which starts out by instiling worry and fear of hell. Without that artificially created dread, there is no Christianity. To have included this Buddhist parable in the NT canon was an oversight by the 4th century censors. Ooops.

I say the fundie dogma is wrong. Christianity should not be based on fear of hell. Christians are to preach the Gospel, the Good News. There is no good news when I suggest that hell may be real and that people are going to hell. That is a horrible news. Probably one of the worst news you have ever heard!!!

We gotta ask those fundie preachers, what IS the Good News??? What is the Gospel??

We gotta ask those fundie preachers, what IS the Good News??? What is the Gospel??

It was probably whatever instructions the rabbi Yeshua gave to his disciples when he sent them out to the towns of Israel.

It was probably whatever instructions the rabbi Yeshua gave to his disciples when he sent them out to the towns of Israel.

Rabbi Jesus told the disciples to heal the sick, cast out demons, and to preach that the Kingdom of God is at hand. THAT is a good news. But the real Gospel is even greater - and better.

ya.... and promise someone in that group will not see death,,,,, which apostle is still alive by the way?

good news as indicated in Mark was not in the earlier manuscripts,,,,,, so much for the good news,,,,

Rabbi Jesus told the disciples to heal the sick, cast out demons, and to preach that the Kingdom of God is at hand. THAT is a good news. But the real Gospel is even greater - and better.

Rather I meant that was the real gospel. Jesus sent the disciples out to tell people the good news back when Jesus was alive. Back before Paul invented his atonement theology. Back when nobody thought Jesus would be executed. The disciples of Jesus knew the gospel. They had been told every part of it and were teaching others. And it had nothing to do with Jesus dying on a cross. You see some of the writers included stories of Jesus sending out the disciples to spread the gospel. They must have written it down before the gospel got all changed around. Or they didn't realize they needed to remove that contradiction.

• Like 2

Rather I meant that was the real gospel. Jesus sent the disciples out to tell people the good news back when Jesus was alive. Back before Paul invented his atonement theology. Back when nobody thought Jesus would be executed. The disciples of Jesus knew the gospel. They had been told every part of it and were teaching others. And it had nothing to do with Jesus dying on a cross. You see some of the writers included stories of Jesus sending out the disciples to spread the gospel. They must have written it down before the gospel got all changed around. Or they didn't realize they needed to remove that contradiction.

Well, Paul's atonement theology IS Christianity. Death and resurrection of Jesus Christ is the center of Christian faith. Soaring moral teachings, proclamation of God's Kingdom, and all the incredible miracles of Rabbi Jesus failed to change people ( or Israel ) to any great degree. When Jesus was arrested, none of his disciples were willing to risk their neck.

Jesus went to the cross totally alone, apparently a failed prophet. His supporters deserted him and his opponents won the day.

Anyhow, thank you for allowing me back on this forum and allowing me to express my reading of the Bible.

It is nice to be back. And hopefully I will do my best to avoid offending people too much. Meanwhile, thank you for your tolerant spirit and for your patience. Thank you all and Good Night for now.

Anyhow, thank you for allowing me back on this forum and allowing me to express my reading of the Bible.

It is nice to be back. And hopefully I will do my best to avoid offending people too much. Meanwhile, thank you for your tolerant spirit and for your patience. Thank you all and Good Night for now.

You do realize you were never sent away? Nobody stopped you from posting.

• Like 1

Soaring moral teachings ... failed to change people ( or Israel ) to any great degree.

Soaring moral teachings?

Oh right, like 'turn the other cheek' and 'forgive those who persecute you' right? I'll pass that on to a friend of mine. She's currently stuck in an abusive relationship with a tyrant of a husband who beats her regularly. Most normal and moral people would say that she should get out of such a relationship immediately and report the guy to the police. However, I'll tell her that according to Jesus, she should carry on 'turning the other cheek' (quite literally) and continue to forgive him for everything, no matter how appallingly he treats her.

What else have we got? Well I was always amused by Jesus' promotion of thought crime in Matthew 5:21-30. Yeah, being angry with someone or having lustful feelings towards someone are enough to convict you of murder and adultery respectfully, which are enough to condemn you to the flames of hell for eternity. Yes, I can see why Jesus won so many followers with that teaching! And furthermore, it's always rather amused me that the passage on lust is instantly followed by Jesus teaching that if your right hand should cause you to sin, you should cut it off and throw it away. Surely it is biblical then to cut off the hands of any normal teenage boy on the planet!

What other nonsense can we find. Well, how about Luke 14:26, where Jesus says that no-one can follow him unless they hate their own family and even their own life. Again, I can see why this great morality won people over! But I would emphasise more Matthew 5:17-19, where Jesus explicitly endorses all the crap in the Old Testament. You know, the hating of gays, no eating of shellfish, not cutting hair at the side of the head, killing your children if they're disrespectful to you, etc etc etc.

Oh and let's not forget the 'eye for an eye' teaching as well. Christians praise Jesus so much for speaking out against this policy of revenge. But they conveniently forget that it was God who supposedly set it up in the first place, through the law of Moses. A law which Jesus firmly endorses, as I mentioned above! The inconsistency and sheer stupidity is hilarious!

• Like 2

Soaring moral teachings ... failed to change people ( or Israel ) to any great degree.

Soaring moral teachings?

Oh right, like 'turn the other cheek' and 'forgive those who persecute you' right? I'll pass that on to a friend of mine. She's currently stuck in an abusive relationship with a tyrant of a husband who beats her regularly. Most normal and moral people would say that she should get out of such a relationship immediately and report the guy to the police. However, I'll tell her that according to Jesus, she should carry on 'turning the other cheek' (quite literally) and continue to forgive him for everything, no matter how appallingly he treats her.

What else have we got? Well I was always amused by Jesus' promotion of thought crime in Matthew 5:21-30. Yeah, being angry with someone or having lustful feelings towards someone are enough to convict you of murder and adultery respectfully, which are enough to condemn you to the flames of hell for eternity. Yes, I can see why Jesus won so many followers with that teaching! And furthermore, it's always rather amused me that the passage on lust is instantly followed by Jesus teaching that if your right hand should cause you to sin, you should cut it off and throw it away. Surely it is biblical then to cut off the hands of any normal teenage boy on the planet!

What other nonsense can we find. Well, how about Luke 14:26, where Jesus says that no-one can follow him unless they hate their own family and even their own life. Again, I can see why this great morality won people over! But I would emphasise more Matthew 5:17-19, where Jesus explicitly endorses all the crap in the Old Testament. You know, the hating of gays, no eating of shellfish, not cutting hair at the side of the head, killing your children if they're disrespectful to you, etc etc etc.

Oh and let's not forget the 'eye for an eye' teaching as well. Christians praise Jesus so much for speaking out against this policy of revenge. But they conveniently forget that it was God who supposedly set it up in the first place, through the law of Moses. A law which Jesus firmly endorses, as I mentioned above! The inconsistency and sheer stupidity is hilarious!

Hey, give the man some credit! There was at least one good thing he taught. How about his teaching in Matthew 7:12?

Therefore all things whatever you would that men should do to you, do you even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Oh, wait ... that's just a plagarism of the Golden Rule, which was known at least 500 years before Jesus's time and has an equivalent in just about every religion on Earth. Never mind. Carry on.

• Like 1

JayL the following is for YOU!!!!!

"You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” - Jesus "tricky" Christ

I believe I know just enough truth to be set free. I certainly feel free. And it's kind of scary and exhilarating at the same time.

I think our desires often become our gods. We easily become enslaved by them. If I have a great and overwhelming desire to "belong" then this desire can be used against me. If I am greedy for money then this too can be used against me. If I am filled with a paralyzing fear, the fear is my enemy.

Now, I have a question for you JayL. And it's odd. How many desires did I just mention above? What is their number?

Death and resurrection of Jesus Christ

Dead people stay dead. Xtianity is a lie.

JayL the following is for YOU!!!!!

"You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” - Jesus "tricky" Christ

I believe I know just enough truth to be set free. I certainly feel free. And it's kind of scary and exhilarating at the same time.

I think our desires often become our gods. We easily become enslaved by them. If I have a great and overwhelming desire to "belong" then this desire can be used against me. If I am greedy for money then this too can be used against me. If I am filled with a paralyzing fear, the fear is my enemy.

Now, I have a question for you JayL. And it's odd. How many desires did I just mention above? What is their number?

Like most people I have desires for good life, health, prosperity, happiness, safety, good relations, personal success etc. etc. I am a Christian mainly because I believe Jesus Christ has resurrected and the New Testament account is truthful. I do believe a lot of things in my life did work out well because of God's blessing in Christ. But unless I am intellectually convinced, I simply cannot pretend and go thru with religious rituals - in hope of getting blessings.

Soaring moral teachings?

I was thinking more like, 'Love your enemies. ( i.e. Christian believers should have NO enemies. ) Do good to those who persecute you. Do not pay back evil for evil. Be benevolent to all people. Treat other people as you want to be treated. Love your neighbors as yourself.' These are great moral teachings!!

yes, love your enemies and throw sinners into the lake of fire,,,, hallelu,,,, fucking,,,, ya

• Like 2

These are great moral teachings

The teachings are meaningless - 'Xtianity' is about escaping 'hell' through the 'resurrection' of 'Jesus' and nothing more, belief in and adherence to teachings is completely irrelevant. The teachings are nice ideas but they are that on their own apart from any question of whether some 'Jesus' rose from the dead (hint: he didn't). The Mormons have a lot of nice ideas but I'm sure you'd reject their version of Christianity. Xtianity is pure nonsense and the 'fear of hell' an affront to human dignity.

• Like 1

Jay,

I want to draw near to God to hear His voice too.

Jay,

... mental illness comes in all shapes and sizes!

Jay,

... mental illness comes in all shapes and sizes!

Oh come on man you are killing me here. We just got through one big mess because someone thought mental illness was being used as an insult.

Jay,

Wanna hear voices? Quit taking your meds.

Jay,

Although on occasions, God suddenly spoke to me out of blue, in most cases Gods speaks me while I am meditating on the Bible.

But thus far, I can count these supernatural events with my fingers....( I'd say less than 20 times in past 14 years... sad.png ) I hope I can make these encounters much more frequent. I want to and hope to live in God's presence. But this is a topic in which I am still a baby.