Goodbye Jesus

In Between Churches

JayL

Any chance you could tell us what spiritual worship is, Jay?

BAA.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JayL wrote...

To me, this means surrendering one's life to God.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzt!!

Wrong answer!

Jay, there is no such thing as 'spiritual worship' in the New Testament.

The quote I gave you was from the Common English Bible, which mistranslates Romans 12:1.

Here's what the original Greek New Testament says...

http://www.scripture...NTpdf/rom12.pdf

See that? At the end of verse 1?

"...THE logical DIVINE-SERVICE OF-YOU..."

Which is correctly translated on the right as...

"...[which is] your reasonable service."

NOT, your spiritual worship. There's nothing at all about spiritual worship here. There's nothing at all about spiritual worship anywhere in the New Testament. You are completely wrong Jay... again!

Just as you've lied about being a Physicist, you've also lied about be any kind of Christian. You know nothing at all about the Bible, Jesus, God or Christianity

You are just a troll - and a rather pathetic one, at that.

Jingle your bells for us, fool!

BAA.

My feeling is that if you do have an encounter with the true God - God who is Love - your life would get even better.

And yet encounters with the true God never leave objective evidence. People are left wondering if they imagined them or did that really happen. You don't have to wonder if you imagined it when you are in an automobile collision. You see, automobile collisions are real.

• Like 2

And yet encounters with the true God never leave objective evidence. People are left wondering it they imagined them or did that happen. You don't have to wonder if you imagined it when you are in an automobile collision. You see automobile collisions are real.

Said so perfectly, MM.

My feeling is that if you do have an encounter with the true God - God who is Love - your life would get even better.

And yet encounters with the true God never leave objective evidence. People are left wondering it they imagined them or did that happen. You don't have to wonder if you imagined it when you are in an automobile collision. You see automobile collisions are real.

Exactly.

And then we get to hear that "oh, look, a guy who is a philosopher believes in God." Translated: Oh, look, a guy who can talk a lot and put together advanced sentences still only have words and no real evidence for his delusions.

I'm waiting for the day when God does anything supernatural in my life, or my family's. I don't need proof to realize that gravity does exist. I can feel it every day (and it gets heavier every year :HaHa:). But God can't do one single thing for 45 years, that I know of.

Someone once said,"If you didn't see it with your own eyes or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth." It's good advice and I hand that out all the time to folks who insist on witnessing to me. We have the little letters "ex" in our titles...there is a reason why, so why would you insist on basically harassing someone to see things your way?

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Oooh, that's GOOD!

"...I was raised up believing I was somehow unique

Like a snowflake distinct among snowflakes, unique in each way you can see

And now after some thinking, I'd say I'd rather be

A functioning cog in some great machinery serving something beyond me

But I don't, I don't know what that will be

I'll get back to you someday soon you will see

What's my name, what's my station, oh, just tell me what I should do..."

- Fleet Foxes, Helplessness Blues

Any chance you could tell us what spiritual worship is, Jay?

BAA.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JayL wrote...

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzt!!

Wrong answer!

Jay, there is no such thing as 'spiritual worship' in the New Testament.

The quote I gave you was from the Common English Bible, which mistranslates Romans 12:1.

Here's what the original Greek New Testament says...

http://www.scripture...NTpdf/rom12.pdf

See that? At the end of verse 1?

"...THE logical DIVINE-SERVICE OF-YOU..."

Which is correctly translated on the right as...

"...[which is] your reasonable service."

NOT, your spiritual worship. There's nothing at all about spiritual worship here. There's nothing at all about spiritual worship anywhere in the New Testament. You are completely wrong Jay... again!

Just as you've lied about being a Physicist, you've also lied about be any kind of Christian. You know nothing at all about the Bible, Jesus, God or Christianity

You are just a troll - and a rather pathetic one, at that.

Jingle your bells for us, fool!

BAA.

Your attention to detail is quite admirable. It IS fun to hang out here.

And yet encounters with the true God never leave objective evidence. People are left wondering if they imagined them or did that really happen. You don't have to wonder if you imagined it when you are in an automobile collision. You see, automobile collisions are real.

That is a good point. Spiritual encounters are never quite cut and dry. One can say the same thing about the life and death of Jesus Christ. Was it the greatest triumph of the Savior of mankind or was it a horribly tragic story - one of the darkest and most meaningless, tragic story ever told??

Spiritual encounters are never quite cut and dry.

They are not real.

One can say the same thing about the life and death of Jesus Christ. Was it the greatest triumph of the Savior of mankind or was it a horribly tragic story - one of the darkest and most meaningless, tragic story ever told??

Jesus Christ was a fictional character invented by Saul of Tarsus. It's no more a triumpth than the death of Darth Vader. I'm sure there were plenty of Aramaic teachers who happened to be named Yeshua or Jesus but that isn't the same thing. Perhaps one of them was even crucified by Rome. Either way that doesn't live up to the myth that would grow later.

It's nothing compared to the dark and meaningless story of the 2004 tsunami.

Exactly.

And then we get to hear that "oh, look, a guy who is a philosopher believes in God." Translated: Oh, look, a guy who can talk a lot and put together advanced sentences still only have words and no real evidence for his delusions.

I'm waiting for the day when God does anything supernatural in my life, or my family's. I don't need proof to realize that gravity does exist. I can feel it every day (and it gets heavier every year GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif). But God can't do one single thing for 45 years, that I know of.

People said similar things to Jesus. 'If you are the Son of God, do some supernatural stuff. Give us signs. Then we will believe you' And Jesus refused to do anything for them. But desperate people sought him out and found miraculous healing - and they became believers.

But if you are open to God's supernatural intervention in your life, a good place to start would be to read the New Testament.

Jesus preached atheism. Just look at the parable of the lilies in the field. The birds and lilies have everything they need and not one of them prays or worships imaginary creatures in the sky. When shit happens, they move on. They don't agonize over the meaning of it all, nor do they seem too disturbed by it for very long.

Well! That was NOT the meaning behind the parable. The point of the parable is that people should not worry. But that they should trust in God who will provide for them.

People said similar things to Jesus. 'If you are the Son of God, do some supernatural stuff. Give us signs.

I'm sure glad you were not this arrogant and rude regarding a personal tragedy that has overshadowed my son's life. Because if you had I would be so pissed right now I wouldn't know how to respond.

But if you are open to God's supernatural intervention in your life, a good place to start would be to read the New Testament.

That path ends with the reader realizing that the New Testament is hogwash. Why bother? Why not just skip the boring part in the middle?

People said similar things to Jesus. 'If you are the Son of God, do some supernatural stuff. Give us signs.

I'm sure glad you were not this arrogant and rude regarding a personal tragedy that has overshadowed my son's life. Because if you had I would be so pissed right now I wouldn't know how to respond.

That path ends with the reader realizing that the New Testament is hogwash. Why bother? Why not just skip the boring part in the middle?

Are you the same person as Ouroboros?

JayL wrote...

Oh dear! sad.png

If this is your idea of fun Jay, then I'll take back what I said and re-phrase it.

You aren't a pathetic troll.

You're a pathetic person.

Jingle! Jingle!

BAA.

• Like 1

Psh, who would want that?

Now, if you want Odin's supernatural intervention in your life, start by reading this.

Now THAT guy was a bamf. Does YOUR god have a day of the week named after him? I thought not!!

You're an asshole. I say it's ban time.

• Like 1

You're the only fraud here, dickweed.

• Like 1

One can say the same thing about the life and death of Jesus Christ. Was it the greatest triumph of the Savior of mankind or was it a horribly tragic story - one of the darkest and most meaningless, tragic story ever told??

Eh. No.

I was more shocked and disturbed that Joffrey actually had Eddard Stark executed. That upset me a lot and still does. Don't you think it was sad all the things Sasha and Arrya had to suffer after their fathers death? You must be an asshole not to think it was tragic.

No, he's not. Idiot.

But I've heard some people suggesting that you're someone who is just pretending to be a Christian to be an asshole. I think they might be right.

You have earned the ass-hat avatar.

No, he's not. Idiot.

But I've heard some people suggesting that you're someone who is just pretending to be a Christian to be an asshole. I think they might be right.

You have earned the ass-hat avatar.

Does that ugly avatar mean I am no longer welcome here??

Well, I tried to contribute to conversation....

Does that ugly avatar mean I am no longer welcome here??

Oh don't be so negative. That picture won't damage you. It is all positive. It means the pixies have forgiven you and decided to not turn you into a frog. You are no longer guilty before them for not believing in pixies because of what Ouroboros has done for you. What is negative about that? You don't have to spend the rest of your life as a frog. You get to continue the rest of your life as a human without ever believing in pixies and they will never turn you into a frog! That is the most positive message there is! There is nothing negative in that picture. Absolutely nothing. Zero nada.

Well, I tried to contribute to conversation....

If you saw a paraplegic in real life and you saw his family standing there . . . would you walk up to them and tell these people that they are testing God? Would you blame their tragedy on this "testing God" if you were talking to them face to face?

Or do you only make that kind of "contribution" when you are online?

• Like 1

Eh. No.

I was more shocked and disturbed that Joffrey actually had Eddard Stark executed. That upset me a lot and still does. Don't you think it was sad all the things Sasha and Arrya had to suffer after their fathers death? You must be an asshole not to think it was tragic.

Yesssss. I was rendered speechless. I kept thinking "Someone's going to save him, right? He can't die." And it HAPPENED. I was like:

shocked2.jpg

"Wha...? No... He died? How...how could this have happened?"

Joffrey is a goddamned evil little inbred pantswetter. He needs to die, horribly.

I do love it when shows surprise you, though. If you watch The Walking Dead, when they found Sophia I was horrified and thrilled at the same time. I had joked to my boyfriend how it would be awesome if she was where they found her, but that the show would probably never do something like that. And then they did. It was friggin sweet. (I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't seen it, so sorry for being a bit undetailed).

Yesssss. I was rendered speechless. I kept thinking "Someone's going to save him, right? He can't die." And it HAPPENED. I was like:

shocked2.jpg

"Wha...? No... He died? How...how could this have happened?"

I know! It was a true shocker. I can't wait to see the next season. I'm reading the second book right... it takes friggin' forever! The books are thicker than the Bible.

Joffrey is a goddamned evil little inbred pantswetter. He needs to die, horribly.

It'll get worse... :HaHa:

The whole Lannister clan is twisted (except the imp, he's somewhat likeable).

I do love it when shows surprise you, though. If you watch The Walking Dead, when they found Sophia I was horrified and thrilled at the same time. I had joked to my boyfriend how it would be awesome if she was where they found her, but that the show would probably never do something like that. And then they did. It was friggin sweet. (I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't seen it, so sorry for being a bit undetailed).

Ooooh... you spoiled it. :HaHa: I'm behind on Walking Dead. I have to see the last episodes. That's also a super awesome show.

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus preached atheism. Just look at the parable of the lilies in the field. The birds and lilies have everything they need and not one of them prays or worships imaginary creatures in the sky. When shit happens, they move on. They don't agonize over the meaning of it all, nor do they seem too disturbed by it for very long.

Well! That was NOT the meaning behind the parable. The point of the parable is that people should not worry. But that they should trust in God who will provide for them.

The parable is a major fail. The birds and flowers have no conception of your god. They are atheists. When animals need food, they go get it. They don't pray to imaginary sky critters. No altar calls, no sinners prayers, no 1-800 numbers, no fear of eternal damnation. The parable contradicts basic fundie dogma, which starts out by instiling worry and fear of hell. Without that artificially created dread, there is no Christianity. To have included this Buddhist parable in the NT canon was an oversight by the 4th century censors. Ooops.

How's the ambience in your ass by the way?

• Like 1