Goodbye Jesus

In Between Churches

JayL

Praying to God is far, far better than staying with your cute plastic toy. It is even better than writing emails to Miss Rawlings for guidance. You can get some real, supernatural answers from God. When I am in a jam, I pray to God. Neither the plastic toy nor Miss Rawlings is much help in times like that !!

Like I said, you will not demonstrate because you cannot demonstrate. You leave your readers wondering if you even understand the meaning of "demonstrate". Do you think that empty assertions demonstrate? How do you know that you didn't imagine this help from God? You could have just as easily imagined a plastic toy was helping you for the same result. Changing the topic to "who wrote the Bible" is of no help because you can't show that God wrote the Bible. You could call me a dunce again but would that help? Try it if you like.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

This old mathematics professor is absolutely terrific. He is clearly the most intelligent one on the panel.

Q&A - God, Religion and Atheism (1/3)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtU49XtU9bo&feature=related

Praying to God is far, far better than staying with your cute plastic toy. It is even better than writing emails to Miss Rawlings for guidance. You can get some real, supernatural answers from God. When I am in a jam, I pray to God. Neither the plastic toy nor Miss Rawlings is much help in times like that !!

Like I said, you will not demonstrate because you cannot demonstrate. You leave your readers wondering if you even understand the meaning of "demonstrate". Do you think that empty assertions demonstrate? How do you know that you didn't imagine this help from God? You could have just as easily imagined a plastic toy was helping you for the same result. Changing the topic to "who wrote the Bible" is of no help because you can't show that God wrote the Bible. You could call me a dunce again but would that help? Try it if you like.

You gotta go with what works, man.

Deen's argument addresses a pretty common question people have. It goes to the wonder people have about this amazing universe we live in. Where did all this order come from?? Can this all come from 'randomness', as science seems to assume?? Now, that is hard to believe!!

Just because people have questions doesn't mean that there HAS to be answers that will satisfy them. Where did this god come from? Religion just seems to assume he exist. Now, thats hard to believe!

Now, explain this "randomness" to me. I'm quite knowledgeable about science and it doesn't assume that at all. In fact, science doesn't assume anything. Putting the two together is an oxymoron because the scientific method is specifically devoid of assumption. That's one of the things that defines science.

For about two million years humans got along just fine without Yahweh and without Trinity. They didn't need your God at all. And every problem that was solved was solved through human effort. The other animals have never prayed to your god and many of them solve their problems. Not praying works.

Deen's argument addresses a pretty common question people have. It goes to the wonder people have about this amazing universe we live in. Where did all this order come from?? Can this all come from 'randomness', as science seems to assume?? Now, that is hard to believe!!

Just because people have questions doesn't mean that there HAS to be answers that will satisfy them. Where did this god come from? Religion just seems to assume he exist. Now, thats hard to believe!

Now, explain this "randomness" to me. I'm quite knowledgeable about science and it doesn't assume that at all. In fact, science doesn't assume anything. Putting the two together is an oxymoron because the scientific method is specifically devoid of assumption. That's one of the things that defines science.

For example, almost 100% of evolutionists believe that biological information arose out of random, undirected process. That is totally crazy!!! It is a gigantic whopper you have to swallow whole if you want to believe in Darwinian evolution theory.

For example, almost 100% of evolutionists believe that biological information arose out of random, undirected process. That is totally crazy!!! It is a gigantic whopper you have to swallow whole if you want to believe in Darwinian evolution theory.

You really don't know what you are talking about if you believe that is what evolution is. Mutations are random but selection is not. You might want to learn something about what you are argueing against, otherwise you are just argueing against strawmen. I suggest you learn what evolution is, instead of what evolution deniers want you to think it is.

You really don't know what you are talking about if you believe that is what evolution is. Mutations are random but selection is not. You might want to learn something about what you are argueing against, otherwise you are just argueing against strawmen. I suggest you learn what evolution is, instead of what evolution deniers want you to think it is.

Yeah, that is right! Natural selection can generate information?? Information on the scale of a living cell?? Give me a freaking break!

<< You really don't know what you are talking about if you believe that is what evolution is. Mutations are random but selection is not. You might want to learn something about what you are argueing against, otherwise you are just argueing against strawmen. I suggest you learn what evolution is, instead of what evolution deniers want you to think it is.>>

With answers like this, I really feel like I am talking to a stone age tree worshipper. Do you have any idea the scope of the claim the evolutionary theory makes?? And that there are so little evidence to back it up?? Do you really think your natural selection idea can explain the origin of life process??

If you do, let me show you some impressive trees to worship!

Do you really think your natural selection idea can explain the origin of life process??

It doesn't claim to. Why do you think it does?

With answers like this, I really feel like I am talking to a stone age tree worshipper. Do you have any idea the scope of the claim the evolutionary theory creationism makes?? And that there are so little evidence to back it up??

Right back at you.

FYI, evolution is one of the most proven theories in science. We know more about the nature of evolution than about gravity. Are you open minded enough to view the evidence objectively? Most creationist just stick thier fingers in their ears and sing hymns when it is presented to them. Those of us with an open mind who did view it objectively were subjected to a very eye opening experience. The best words I could use to describe my experience of learning what evolution REALLY said is, "I was blind, but now I see!"

God bless you.

God gave me responsibility, burden, and restraint. The path to virtue and truth is narrow and filled with scorn.

I have embraced the open freedom of evil. I have embraced the frontiers of creation. I bring forth possibilty from the dark silence.

Go now and do evil.

:pureevil:

• Like 3

<< We know more about the nature of evolution than about gravity. >>

Are you saying that the theory of evolution is on a better footing than theory of gravity. I must disagree with that.

<< The best words I could use to describe my experience of learning what evolution REALLY said is, "I was blind, but now I see!">>

I think that shows you are willing to believe! Even if it is an unsophisticated 19th century hypothesis made by someone with no knowledge of modern information theory.

Are you saying that the theory of evolution is on a better footing than theory of gravity.

Yes

• Like 1

Are you saying that the theory of evolution is on a better footing than theory of gravity.

Yes

You must be aware that the theory of gravity has been used in all sorts of applications - like positioning of communication satellites or predicting orbit of comet or controlling Apollo lunar modules.

Can you think of one application from the theory of Darwinian evolution?? ( Nazi Eugenics experiments will not count! )

Can you think of one application from the theory of Darwinian evolution?? ( Nazi Eugenics experiments will not count! )

Yes.

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CA/CA215.html

While that page does quite comprehensivly debunk the false idea that the theory of evolution has no practical application in the real world, I actually feel that the strongest points are contained in paragraphs 7 and 9. Namely:

Good science need not have any application beyond satisfying curiosity. Much of astronomy, geology, paleontology, natural history, and other sciences have no practical application. For many people, knowledge is a worthy end in itself.

And

Anti-evolutionary ideas have been around for millennia and have not yet contributed anything with any practical application.

if he's not a spoof he's at least really, really brain dead. what a freakin' hoot, man.

plus if he means 'fucking' he should say 'fucking.'

With answers like this, I really feel like I am talking to a stone age tree worshipper.

That is called projection. Your religion was reformed in the early Iron Age based on an earler religion reformed during the Bronze Age that was in turn based on earler polytheism that was probably from the Stone Age. Look in the mirror.

Do you have any idea the scope of the claim the evolutionary theory makes??

Of course he does. He doesn't have a religion that forces him to misunderstand evolution. You were the one who demonstrated ignorance on the topic . . . such as your very next line.

And that there are so little evidence to back it up??

Every organism on Earth, including you, is part of the evidence chain backing up the fact of evolution. There really is no alternative unless reality is a dream and we are inside a Star Trek like holographic projector. Your attempts to dismiss it follow the standard willful ignorance and fallacies used by others to justify their religion. That is what ID and Creationism are - religion.

Do you really think your natural selection idea can explain the origin of life process??

He didn't say that. It's called a strawman fallacy when you try to hold him responsible for words he didn't say.

If you do, let me show you some impressive trees to worship!

That would be the pages of your Bible. Look in the mirror to find the tree worshiper. You are the one who justifies the story about how Abraham was going to kill his son because the believed God told him to do it. Who has the traces-left-over-from-the-Stone-Age religion?

Meanwhile you still can't demonstrate that praying to your God is any better than praying to anything or anybody else. Not praying works just fine and gets many people through all the problems they face in their life.

Where did all this order come from?? Can this all come from 'randomness', as science seems to assume?? Now, that is hard to believe!!

Just one simple example: Cloud droplets freeze, and snowflakes' complex, symmetrical structures are formed spontaneously due to the many changes in temperature and humidity. It's very unlikely any two snowflakes appear exactly alike. Did they come from magic or processes creating conditions for order to spontaneously arise?

You need to get your ass back to school to study other disciplines besides physics.

'Toy story' was written by humans.

Just like the Bible.

The usage of Natural Selection in dog breeding. We select various desirable traits that has given us over 400 recognized breeds of dogs.

Praying to God is far, far better than staying with your cute plastic toy.

Why is it better? They have the same response, but a cute plastic toy has an image at least.

It is even better than writing emails to Miss Rawlings for guidance.

You have a lot better chance of getting an answer from Rawlings. And I don't think she's "Miss" anymore but "Mrs". The difference between Rawlings and God is that Rawlings exist.

You can get some real, supernatural answers from God.

I have asked almost every Christian who comes to this board to do that. The challenge is on Jay. Pray that a real, supernatural answer happens to my family. As most people here already know, I have a paraplegic son. So Jay, go for it. Pray to your God that my son is healed. I've been waiting for this for 15 years now. Don't you think it's time that God answers?

When I am in a jam, I pray to God.

And you feel good, but God doesn't do anything.

I've been in close to 1,000 yams in my life... I prayed to God for half of them. Each time, I had to fix it because took an awful long time of doing nothing, until it got to a point when it had to be done, and who did it?... I did, or someone I knew. For the other 500, I didn't pray, I just took care of it myself from get-go.

Neither the plastic toy nor Miss Rawlings is much help in times like that !!

Mrs Rawlings do answer letters. I'm quite sure she's answered many kids' letters.

Your God doesn't answer anything. Prove that he does. You have your chance right now.

Do you know about evolutionary or genetic algorithms?