Goodbye Jesus

Repenting After Death

Xerces

The one thing all my class mates remember is the teacher in our final year. If someone did not have a pic, I would have no mental image and even then the image is a the pic not from memory of the senior year. Then they are amazed I can recall earlier stuff in great detail. Weird. Maybe something happened I don't want to remember.

The layman's stuff I have looked at suggested that memory is mostly the imagination. You remember a few facts and use those to reconstruct the rest. That is why different people have such different memories of the same events they experienced. Remembering is a lot like dreaming. Our mind re-writes our memories when we recall. While your memory might be below average (I know mine is) most people have memory problems and they increase with age. I'm not talking about dementia. I mean even a healthy brain has trouble recalling as it ages. That is just the way humans are.

As for your experiments I did judo and we would constantly do the blood pressure knock out (commonly called a choke even though it isn't one). I never had any dreams while I was out and never heard anybody say they had dreams when they were out. It's weird how the body works, or doesn't.

Well they say alcohol destroys brain cells, I guess I imbibed a little too much in my day :D

Luk 12:12 For the Holy Spirit shall teach you in the same hour what you ought to say.

Just wondering when that holy spirit thingy is going to kick in for you. At this point, you've made 425 posts at exchristian.net and not one of them has persuaded any of us to your view.

(Oh well, don't feel bad. None of the hundreds of other would-be evangelizers who have visited this site with their own versions of the holy spirit had any luck in dragging us back into christinsanity.)

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Just wondering when that holy spirit thingy is going to kick in for you. At this point, you've made 425 posts at exchristian.net and not one of them has persuaded any of us to your view.

(Oh well, don't feel bad. None of the hundreds of other would-be evangelizers who have visited this site with their own versions of the holy spirit had any luck in dragging us back into christinsanity.)

Excellent! OC has however reinforced my knowledge that I'm glad to be out of christinsanity and I'm never going back. Gotta give him (and all the other would-be evangelizers) credit for that. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

• Like 1

centauri:-

All you're doing is assuming your preferred conclusion.

You haven't established what truth is, you simply assume that your theological whims and things you were taught must be the truth.

Ex-Christians aren't that gullible.

It is not a strawman to request validation for doctrine.

"Prove all things, and hold fast to them"

Christians advertise the Holy Bible to be in perfect harmony to be self-proving, and claim that there are hundreds of "proof-texts" that confirm Christian teachings.

It should be a simple matter to validate a doctrine without using secial pleading about what truth is.

The evidence and proof is all supposed to be there, and be consistent.

The New Testament contradicts key precepts of the Hebrew scriptures in multiple areas.

It's revisionist theology that uses bits and pieces of the Hebrew scriptures to launch itself.

There is no arch enemy of God called Satan found anywhere in the Old Testament.

Satan evolved into the Devil in the Bible courtesy of the New Testament.

It has no basis in the Old Testament.

OrdinaryClay-

Perhaps you are assuming your preferred conclusion.

http://www.bing.com/...efinition+truth

It is a strawman that every truth in the New Testament must have a corresponding verse in the Old Testament.

It most certainly is not a strawman to request confirmation for theology that revises an existing system claiming that the rules changed.

It invents new doctrines that cannot be validated from the Old Testament.

The "harmony" of the Bible, as advertised by Christians, is absent.

There is unique revelation in the Old Testament, and in the New Testament as well as overlapping and confirming scripture from the Old Testament to the New.

Special pleading.

The New Testament is deemed special and exempt from the conditions and definitions set forth in the Old Testament.

You can't provide confirmation from the Old Testament.

The Bible is supposed to be self-proving and it clearly is not.

That's why you have to make things up.

Luk 12:12 For the Holy Spirit shall teach you in the same hour what you ought to say.

You have not shown the Bible to be inconsistent or contradictory.

And the Holy Spirit couldn't help you cite a single verse from the Old Testament that identifies Satan as an enemy of God.

You have shown nothing in the way of validation from the Old Testament for your claim.

Your revisionist theology rests on a platform of doctrinal expediency.

The satan of the Old Testament is most certainly the basis for a spiritual adversary.

And you most certainly haven't been able to provide a single verse from the Old Testamant that confirms your wishful thinking.

As I stated the New Testament simply builds on the information we have for satan through additional revelation, which is perfectly reasonable given that God's special revelation has been over many centuries.

In other words, you can't provide validation from the Hebrew scriptures to confirm your claim.

Special pleading is not scriptural confirmation.

You haven't established that the New Testament is the product of the Hebrew God.

That's just another layer of wishful thinking on your part.

Oh and btw, that evidence for Many Universes will be observable, but not repeatable.

So will that make it supernatural?

BAA.

Please explain how the multiverse evidence (which does not exist at the moment) will be observable and not repeatable. I think you are confusing repeatable with falsifiable.

If and when they find the evidence for a multiverse reality it will have to be repeatable or no scientist will pay any attention. Empirical evidence must be repeatable. There is a lot of skepticism within the physics community that such evidence can be had.

OC, for me to provide the explanations you'd like, you and I first have to agree on our terminology and the meaning of the terms we use. I ask because I once debated the meaning of Repeatability in science with the author of this book... http://www.miraclesormagic.com/

Mr. Roybal was of the opinion that if something couldn't be repeated and tested - it wasn't science.

So, according to him, any event in the distant past (say, millions of years ago) was unrepeatable and untestable because only a time traveller go back and perform the necessary tests... and therefore Palaeontology was not science. Likewise, geological data concerning the center of the Earth is untestable because nobody can go there and perform repeatable experiments. Therefore, that data was not bona fide Geological science. In a similar way, all Astronomy fails to qualify as true science because nobody has been or can go to the stars or distant galaxies to do the experimentation. You get his drift?

Now, since Roybal is a Creationist, it's not hard to see that he was deliberately and disingenuously using a ridiculously narrow definition of what Repeatability and Testability are. His motives were obvious - he chose to falsely discredit science, so as to promote Creationism.

For the same reason (your motives), I must ask you to define exactly what you mean by the terms you use in your request.

Yes, I could just give you the benefit of the doubt, but in my experience, Christian apologists are all too adept at semantic tomfoolery and they rarely baulk at the opportunity to pull some kind of trick on their opponents. If you are as honest and trustworthy as your holy book calls you to be, OC, then you shouldn't have any problem with what I'm asking. In fact, you should welcome it.

So, please provide a full and detailed explanation of your understanding of the highlighted terms you use in your request.

"Please explain how the multiverse evidence (which does not exist at the moment) will be observable and not repeatable. I think you are confusing repeatable with falsifiable.

If and when they find the evidence for a multiverse reality it will have to be repeatable or no scientist will pay any attention. Empirical evidence must be repeatable. There is a lot of skepticism within the physics community that such evidence can be had."

Thank you.

BAA.

I am also happy to know the bible teaches that a person is not saved by works so I do not have to try to earn my way into heaven.

But it does teach that works are needed to ensure salvation.

The Catholic position is fully backed up by scripture.

Matt 25:44-46 makes that quite clear.

Those that fail to perform at least some works of charity are damned.

Jesus never knew these people.

Even Paul slipped up and admitted that charity was of greater value than faith alone.

1 Cor 13:13

And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

James declared that faith without works is dead.

Dead faith doesn't save anyone.

Peter commanded that people repent and be baptized to ensure their salvation.

Both of these actions are works.

The Old Testament also commands works.

The whole duty of humans is to:

Eccl 13:12

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Keeping the law is a work on the part of the believer.

The only way you can be saved without doing any works is if you're predestined by God to have salvation.

In that case, your fate was already determined ahead of time.

You've already rejected predestination as valid, even though the BIble clearly teaches that as well.

No, the New Testament teaches that a lack of works are a sign of hypocrisy. Salvation is through faith. If you love God you will act out His love through deeds.

No, faith and works are what saves unless predestination has replaced them.

Eph 2:8-9

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Without the works, the faith is dead.

Without the works, salvation is not assured.

The whole duty of man is to keep the commands.

That's work.

1Sa 16:7

But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

And David proclaimed that salvation is far from the wicked for they seek not the law.

Obedience is work.

Your points about not remembering your dreams is just the opposite of the experience had by many people having NDEs. They are life changing events that are remembered all their life.

I remember dreams with out writing them down so I don't understand your point regarding that. I forget many, but I remember some. I make no effort to remember. I just do in some cases, but I honestly don't think this is very relevant to NDEs.

Yes, I watched both videos, and that is way I commented on them.

Because demons don't appear on demand or in malls does not nullify the credible testimony that exist for their manifesting when they do choose to. Just as a scientific fraud like the piltdown man does not nullify the evidence for pre Homo Sapien species of hominids. It simply does not follow.

Here are a few follow on questions.

1 How can anyone be demon possessed?

2 Why do we not see manifestations in real life settings both holy spook and demons?

3 Who is greater, god or satan and his minions?

If you have an excellent knowledge of your bible (I do BTW), answer in your own words, I do not give a flying fuck for walls of babble text. IOW use the brain god (apparently) gave you.

I don't know and it doesn't matter that I don't know.

People do see demon manifestations in real life.

God is greater, as He is the creator.

1Jn 4:4

You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.

Yes, of course His choices reflect His Goodness.

Please quote scripture to support your claim for His reasons.

Gen 6:5-7

And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

His reason for the flood was to eliminate evil from the earth.

His solution didn't solve the problem.

Evil sprouted right back up again.

His action of making innocent creatures suffer and die was based on his "reasoning" that his solution would work.

However, being omniscient, he knew in advance that it wouldn't work.

He created flawed beings, knowing ahead of time what whould happen, then comes up with a solution that doesn't solve the problem, knowing all of this in advance.

This does not say the reason God acted was to eliminate evil. He was punishing the evil in the men of that day.

So God wanted evil to restart all over again?

He not only punished humans, he punished other creatures of his creation.

You've yet to explain how such crass and callous behavior equals "good".

Evil exists as when free willed creatures act against God's will.

You haven't established that humans have universal "free will".

The Bible indicates the otherwise.

God also manipulates humans to influence their behavior.

The existence of evil is a product of God per Isa 45:7.

satan and his demons were not destroyed in the flood, so evil continued during and after the flood. Evil sprouts up when free willed agents sin.

Evil sprouted up when God created it.(Isa 45:7)

There is no support from the Old Testament that satan has demons or that satan is evil.

1Co 2:11

For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God.

You as a created limited being can not know all God's reasons and all the facts therefore you can not pass judgement on God.

Then you can't do it either.

You pass judgment on God all the time by claiming he's good.

Isa 29:16

You turn things around! Shall the potter be considered as equal with the clay, That what is made would say to its maker, "He did not make me"; Or what is formed say to him who formed it, "He has no understanding"?

There are several theodicies that solve the problem of evil in modern theology.

It's no mystery.

Evil emerged from the same source that created all things. (Isa 45:7)

1 Peter 4:7 states that the end of all things was near.

That prophecy was a flat out failure that gets ignored by apologists for obvious reasons.

This is not a failed prophecy. He makes no prediction as to when, and he does not even claim it as prophecy.

1Pe 4:7

The end of all things is near; therefore, be of sound judgment and sober spirit for the purpose of prayer.

Warning that the end of all things is near is a prediction.

Only in the mind of an apologist can "near" and "soon" mean thousands of years.

That's what happens when predictions fail.

Yeah, we all know that. My stuff is after years of observations as this intrigued me from 16 or so and I have had numerous discussions with many folk over the years. Not once did I hear of NDE's or OOBE's. Back then we were into the concept of astral travel - new agey even for the 70's.

Are you saying you experienced dreams you were trying then to interpret as astral travel?

My early interest in this was due to much psychiatric exposure to find out why I was failing at school after being a star pupil. Turned out I had an over active thyroid and this messed with my mind and concentration and memory retention. Once on meds it came right and I graduated with an above average score. It flared up in college again and then I dropped out and had a partial removal (two thirds) and then enrolled the following year and passed with distinctions and at the top of my class. In my school years they did IQ tests and I scored way above average so that also confused the experts. Nowadays this disease or more aptly, a genetic abnormality it tested as part and parcel of trouble teens and treatment is relatively cheap.

I'm glad to hear it worked out. Were you diagnosed with hyperthyroidism? That can be serious can't it? What meds fixed it back then, if you don't mind me asking?

So, please provide a full and detailed explanation of your understanding of the highlighted terms you use in your request.

"Please explain how the multiverse evidence (which does not exist at the moment) will be observable and not repeatable. I think you are confusing repeatable with falsifiable.

If and when they find the evidence for a multiverse reality it will have to be repeatable or no scientist will pay any attention. Empirical evidence must be repeatable. There is a lot of skepticism within the physics community that such evidence can be had."

The poor guy got mixed up on positive vs. negative claims. Maybe you should ask him to do things that are closer to his skill set.

Warning that the end of all things is near is a prediction.

Only in the mind of an apologist can "near" and "soon" mean thousands of years.

That's what happens when predictions fail.

Centauri, I am grieved that after all this time, you still do not realize in christianese, words mean exactly what the Christian says they mean, no more, no less.

Where's Lewis Carroll when we need him?

Wendybanghead.gif

Here I show that Jesus was not necessarily there to offer salvation. The word can simply mean proclaiming or publishing something. The verse does not have enough information for us to conclude why He was there, or what the place was other than a prison for spirits.

eylJ5.png

No, you do not show that, OC.

What you do show is that you have an agenda and you are fully prepared to keep this passage as a confused and confusing enigma, rather than to make the logical, sensible and Biblically-coherent inference that the text indicates. Sadly, I've seen this obfuscating approach to Christian apologetics all too often. In a nutshell, the approach runs something like this...

"DON'T make the same kind of logical, sensible and coherent inference you'd normally make anywhere else in scripture, if said inference throws up the possibility of a problem. No. Instead, operate a double standard, making inferences where they back your position up, but not making them where they don't."

Now, you wouldn't pull such a stunt, would you, OC? wink.png

Anyway, the inference in question is this...

With the preachers Jonah, John the Baptist, Jesus, the Apostles Peter and John and with the Apostle Paul, we see the same scenario, featuring the same three elements, played out in the same way. First, there is the one who preaches. Second, there is an audience. Lastly, there is, "THE CHOICE". The audience are always called to make a free and conscious choice, based upon the words of the preacher. The thrust of the preacher's words is always the same - make a choice. Three elements. Always.

I have already established that the Phulakean spirits are not in the same state of soul-sleep as the Hadean spirits. They are being actively imprisoned. They are not in passive storage. The inference is clear and obvious. Only active and aware prisoners have the hope of escaping their prison. Inactive, sleeping spirits require no imprisonment.

So, we have two of three elements in place.

We have a preacher, Jesus and we have an attentive audience, the imprisoned spirits. These elements are mentioned specifically. The only doubt is Jesus' reason for being there. I contend that it is entirely logical, sensible and coherent to infer that Jesus is there with the express purpose of preaching to the spirits and doing what Biblical preachers always do - offering their audience a choice.

So, what could this choice possibly be?

Which part of the Lake of Fire would you like to be cast into? The deep end or the shallow end?

But seriously, what kind of choices can these spirits possibly make?

Nothing concerning their past, that's for sure. What's done is done.

Only a choice that affects their present circumstances (being held in prison, awaiting judgement) or their future circumstances ( being judged, condemned and cast into the Lake of Fire) has anything going for it. By a process of elimination, we can see that the only choice that matters is one that changes their ultimate destiny. Therefore, I infer that Jesus MUST have preached to these spirits concerning the possibility of their salvation.

Thanks,

BAA.

• Like 1

Your points about not remembering your dreams is just the opposite of the experience had by many people having NDEs. They are life changing events that are remembered all their life.

I remember dreams with out writing them down so I don't understand your point regarding that. I forget many, but I remember some. I make no effort to remember. I just do in some cases, but I honestly don't think this is very relevant to NDEs.

It is very relevant pal. They both occur in a living brain and while the reasons for what folk think causes them to be "burned" into memory (pun intended) I have already reasoned that.

You did say you dream every night that is why I asked for a specific day and time. You cannot recall it just like I cannot recall mine from the same time, I am sure I probably had one, I cannot remember.

But you are following I hope the concepts of how the mind works. This of course is backed by science but I am using my own words here.

We have come full circle and the challenge of the dead know nothing. Isn't there a scrip with the exact same words? Hmmm...

For the living know they will die; but the dead do not know anything, nor have they any longer a reward, for their memory is forgotten. Ecclesiastes 9:5 NASB

See even the ancients knew death was final and this reflects reality that your memory will perhaps survive to your grandchildren and then your existence here will be a tombstone possibly overgrown with weeds. Hell I do not even visit my parents grave. They are both dead and are not coming back nor will I ever see them again. I have video and I have pics and memories of them and that is their short immortality.

No one has ever come back from the dead, NO ONE.

2 Why do we not see manifestations in real life settings both holy spook and demons?

You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.

I'll leave that verse in as it is relevant.

People THINK they see demon manifestations in RL but there are no such things as demons. You said demons do not appear on demand. Well they are supposed to. Folk like us are supposed to be fooled by satan and yet the greater is he had no ability to stop our deconversion if this was the case. I was 46 when I tossed it all in and by then had fucked all the girls I wanted to in my younger days and had no need to rebel just to sin or go crazy. I did not divorce my wife or change my lifestyle. I just stopped carrying the unnecessary baggage. It is that simple.

These demon manifestations happen only in a church settings, just like the gift only happen there and all the other pomp and ceremony. The video show the same results and that was an atheist doing it. It is all to do with the brain.

People make it real in their minds and it is a placebo effect to avoid facing the reality and the finality of death. Nothing happens outside a church setting as there is no hype, no pomp and ceremony etc. It is all TAUGHTOLOGY down to the minutest of details.

Most of us here too thought this shit was real. It is not.

Meet your god and the one you have a personal relationship with.

brain.jpg

This is where it all transpires. In your head and between your ears.

Other animals also have dreams, observe your pets.

Here I show that Jesus was not necessarily there to offer salvation. The word can simply mean proclaiming or publishing something. The verse does not have enough information for us to conclude why He was there, or what the place was other than a prison for spirits.

Yeah. Jesus wanted to rub it in their face, not offer salvation, but to boast and beat his own chest in front of the dead people. Jesus is such an asshole.

It is very relevant pal. They both occur in a living brain and while the reasons for what folk think causes them to be "burned" into memory (pun intended) I have already reasoned that.

You did say you dream every night that is why I asked for a specific day and time. You cannot recall it just like I cannot recall mine from the same time, I am sure I probably had one, I cannot remember.

But you are following I hope the concepts of how the mind works. This of course is backed by science but I am using my own words here.

We have come full circle and the challenge of the dead know nothing. Isn't there a scrip with the exact same words? Hmmm...

For the living know they will die; but the dead do not know anything, nor have they any longer a reward, for their memory is forgotten. Ecclesiastes 9:5 NASB

See even the ancients knew death was final and this reflects reality that your memory will perhaps survive to your grandchildren and then your existence here will be a tombstone possibly overgrown with weeds. Hell I do not even visit my parents grave. They are both dead and are not coming back nor will I ever see them again. I have video and I have pics and memories of them and that is their short immortality.

I'll leave that verse in as it is relevant.

People THINK they see demon manifestations in RL but there are no such things as demons. You said demons do not appear on demand. Well they are supposed to. Folk like us are supposed to be fooled by satan and yet the greater is he had no ability to stop our deconversion if this was the case. I was 46 when I tossed it all in and by then had fucked all the girls I wanted to in my younger days and had no need to rebel just to sin or go crazy. I did not divorce my wife or change my lifestyle. I just stopped carrying the unnecessary baggage. It is that simple.

These demon manifestations happen only in a church settings, just like the gift only happen there and all the other pomp and ceremony. The video show the same results and that was an atheist doing it. It is all to do with the brain.

People make it real in their minds and it is a placebo effect to avoid facing the reality and the finality of death. Nothing happens outside a church setting as there is no hype, no pomp and ceremony etc. It is all TAUGHTOLOGY down to the minutest of details.

Most of us here too thought this shit was real. It is not.

Meet your god and the one you have a personal relationship with.

brain.jpg

This is where it all transpires. In your head and between your ears.

Other animals also have dreams, observe your pets.

PWNED.

Yeah. Jesus wanted to rub it in their face, not offer salvation, but to boast and beat his own chest in front of the dead people. Jesus is such an asshole.

funny! "ahahahahahahah lololololozzzz!!! eat that, dead mf'ers!! "

Yeah, we all know that. My stuff is after years of observations as this intrigued me from 16 or so and I have had numerous discussions with many folk over the years. Not once did I hear of NDE's or OOBE's. Back then we were into the concept of astral travel - new agey even for the 70's.

Are you saying you experienced dreams you were trying then to interpret as astral travel?

No we thought this stuff was real, what do teens know. The religions had no explanations and of course astral travel is demonic (or anything a scientific illiterate priest cannot explain) You even alluded to that earlier wrt necromancy.

I do not believe in astral travel. Again it all happens in the head in a living brain. I had a dream I attributed to that till I learned better how the brain works, was just my mind playing tricks on me. Never had one as an adult 25 yo on.

I'm glad to hear it worked out. Were you diagnosed with hyperthyroidism? That can be serious can't it? What meds fixed it back then, if you don't mind me asking?

The two tabs I used were Inderal and Neomergosal, the former is a beta blocker as I also had heart palpitations and have a heart murmur where every 6th beat is a double beat. This was due to the thyroid.

Both pills are prescribed, my son has it too and he is on the exact same meds that I was on. at his age when mine flared up again.

• Super Moderator

The context of the story is that of Paul telling believers in the Corinth church that "saved" believers will still be judged on their works. It's not a reference to the unsaved, or non-Christian.

I Corinthians 3:15 also says some believers will "suffer loss" even though they are "saved." Christians will receive, in Heaven, a reward or a withholding of reward for their acts when they were alive. The point is that Christians, though safe from Hell, still have real incentive to still do good and refrain from sinful acts.

Well, you got one right.

I get 'em all right.

The context of the story is that of Paul telling believers in the Corinth church that "saved" believers will still be judged on their works. It's not a reference to the unsaved, or non-Christian.

I Corinthians 3:15 also says some believers will "suffer loss" even though they are "saved." Christians will receive, in Heaven, a reward or a withholding of reward for their acts when they were alive. The point is that Christians, though safe from Hell, still have real incentive to still do good and refrain from sinful acts.

Well, you got one right.

I get 'em all right.

Remember that in Christanese the word "right" (and also the word "correct") simply mean the Christian writer/speaker agrees with you.

Likewise words like wrong, incorrect, false, lies, deception and so on simply mean the Christian writer/speaker disagrees with you.

Well, you got one right.

I get 'em all right.

Remember that in Christanese the word "right" (and also the word "correct") simply mean the Christian writer/speaker agrees with you.

Likewise words like wrong, incorrect, false, lies, deception and so on simply mean the Christian writer/speaker disagrees with you.

You wouldn't possibly be implying that Xians have anything less than the utmost humility, or that any would insist that they alone possess the mind of God would you???????????? jesus.gif

You wouldn't possibly be implying that Xians have anything less than the utmost humility, or that any would insist that they alone possess the mind of God would you???????????? jesus.gif

It is possessing the mind of God that give the Christian their utmost exalted humility.

There are no such things as demons - people are either hallucinating or lying. You really are one grade A idiot.

• Like 1

AMEN!!! woohoo.gif

I'm gonna die and that's just fine.