Goodbye Jesus

Your Profile Name And Photo

Denyoz

My name comes from my former favorite Bible verse Zephaniah 3:17. Someone once said it contained the character of God in the verse. Eventually it evolved into Zephie. I think it's ironic to be honest. Also, should I ever perform bellydance in public, I will use that as my stage name as well I think. My avatar is a picture of Hitoha from Mitsudomoe which is a hilarious anime about 3 6th grade triplets.

• Like 4

When I was going through a hard time about 3 years ago,I was dabbling in a 'woo' site and it said that if you needed a spiritual 'entity' to replace you for awhile (because you were so tired) - you could just ask for an angel to take over your personality to give you a break. I was crazy enough to sit there that day and do it. I closed my eyes and imagined a strong woman entering my body.....(you guys already know I'm crazy rolleyes.gif ) . I was just desperate enough to allow my imagination to picture a woman who told me her name was 'Margee', spelled with 2 e's on the end.

Although I know, I myself have made myself strong agian, (through EX-c's help) I still like to think of this Margee helping me along!!. I actually identify with the name now!! biggrin.png

You get so used of the user names that when I met florduh, Deva and noob this year in person - we had a hard time calling each other by our real names!!

The picture of me is about 2 years old. I like it cause it dosen't show up my wrinkles!! When i dropped my fear of people discovereing me on this site, I was comfortable to post my picture. It was important to me, that you all know I am a real person.

• Like 7

My name and picture fall into the "obvious" category.

My current picture is me, and I thought too much to remain in Christianity, which requires blind, unthinking faith to believe in. I was told "You think to much" by people for my entire Christian life.

I may start changing up my picture again in the near future, as I did for a while when I first joined here.

• Like 5

So many people have put far more thought into their names and avatars than I have.

I used to frequent a wargaming forum, and one of the mods was called "The Inquisition". He was a real dick, but also very well known. When I signed up for yet another forum I needed a new name and wasn't feeling very inspired, so I thought I'd steal part of that mod's name. Come signing up here, I had an established name I could use for a myriad of forums. Forgetting the origins for a minute, I do like the name though.

The avatar is Captain Hurricane. I live in Wellington, and our local professional rugby franchise is called the Hurricanes (because it's a windy city) and he's the mascot.

• Like 4

My username, "Djoker", is the nickname that some people use when talking about the tennis player Novak Djokovic. He's my favorite player, so...

My profile picture is Lleyton Hewitt, an Australian tennis player who won a few big tournaments back in the early 2000's and still plays, but not nearly as well. He's known for his "never give up" attitude. I'll probably change my profile picture soon and try to mix it up every once in a while.

• Like 4

My username, "Djoker", is the nickname that some people use when talking about the tennis player Novak Djokovic. He's my favorite player, so...

My profile picture is Lleyton Hewitt, an Australian tennis player who won a few big tournaments back in the early 2000's and still plays, but not nearly as well. He's known for his "never give up" attitude. I'll probably change my profile picture soon and try to mix it up every once in a while.

Lleyton used to come into a restaurant sometimes where I used to work to catch up with a friend. This was back in 2004. Us girls would have to serve him because the boys would just be too star-struck to go near him. He was a nice guy.

Lleyton used to come into a restaurant sometimes where I used to work to catch up with a friend. This was back in 2004. Us girls would have to serve him because the boys would just be too star-struck to go near him. He was a nice guy.

Ha! I'd probably have been just like those boys. I'm jealous.happy.png

My name merges with the state I live in now. The picture is a reflection of the parallel universes theory.

• Like 5

Here is the place where you can explain to the world your choice of profile name and photo. Some are pretty obvious, others quite mysterious, but they all reveal something interesting about you that you might wish to share.

I am certainly interested in hearing what that name means to you and why you selected that photo.

I'll go first. Deny is my real name phonetically. "yo" means "hey" or "hi". The letter "z" is seldom used, so I just wanted to pay tribute to it.

My profile photo is a Sim I created with The Sims 3 video game. This character was meant to represent me.

I thought it was a play on the Wizard of Oz and seeing behind the curtain...

Here is the place where you can explain to the world your choice of profile name and photo. Some are pretty obvious, others quite mysterious, but they all reveal something interesting about you that you might wish to share.

I am certainly interested in hearing what that name means to you and why you selected that photo.

I'll go first. Deny is my real name phonetically. "yo" means "hey" or "hi". The letter "z" is seldom used, so I just wanted to pay tribute to it.

My profile photo is a Sim I created with The Sims 3 video game. This character was meant to represent me.

I'm pretty sure I remember him mentioning somewhere that he's French Canadian. So I just assumed that whatever reasons he had would be bat-shit crazy. :poke:

My name is probably obvious to most--greater freedom than what Christianity offered (which was actually none, of course).

I've had a few avatars--thought this baby was cool.

• Like 4

I just realized yesterday that my name is Deny + Oz and thought people might think it had something to do with the Wizard of Oz, which I know nothing about. Never read the story, never saw the movie. Maybe I have a sub-couscious desire of becoming a wizard.

• Like 1

The Wizard of Oz was written by a Theosophist, not a Christian. It is great.

As for my name...I've mentioned this on a similar thread but I think it's been awhile. It is not meant to sound like I'm so full of myself and I think I'm Ms. Einstein. When I deconverted, the last straw for me was a sermon against elevating reason above the bible. The whole tone of this sermon, combined with everything else I'd been taught, made me want to stand up and scream right then and there, that "NO I will NOT try to quit thinking rationally just so you can manipulate me!" I felt like so much of what I was taught, was a deep insult to my mind and my heart, and an affront to my humanity. I like being intelligent and able to reason. I like who I am, and I will NOT "die to self" - I cannot make myself be someone I'm not. I'm not an empty vessel. I'm a unique individual with a good mind. They were messing with my mind, and I needed to protect it and say NO MORE BULLSHIT! So...I love my brain and decided to keep it instead of their disgusting nonsense.

This is the best rant I have heard in a long time. ilovemybrain, I love your brain, I love your profile name, it's right on target. Thanks so much for sharing ♥

"NO I will NOT try to quit thinking rationally just so you can manipulate me!"

This.

I like being intelligent and able to reason.

And this.

I like who I am, and I will NOT "die to self"

This, too.

I cannot make myself be someone I'm not.

And this.

I'm not an empty vessel. I'm a unique individual with a good mind.

Also this.

They were messing with my mind, and I needed to protect it and say NO MORE BULLSHIT!

So very much, this.

So...I love my brain and decided to keep it instead of their disgusting nonsense.

And finally, THIS!

• Like 3

I love the sims, but I haven't been able to play it for a couple of months thanks to my broken computer. I miss my game!!!

• Like 1

Thank you :)

Sissi is my nick name and you will all the time see me during one of my trips, because travelling is my great passion !!

I log in with Facebook and actually the pic was taken in Baalbeck in Lebanon. I love this country and return there for the 3rd time

for arabic lessons. I like learning new language and posting on Ex christians help me to practise english.

My native language is french. I live in Switzerland (the Heidi land)...in Europe :-)

• Like 4

Sissi is my nick name (in fact my first name is Simone) and you will all the time see me during one of my trips, because travelling is my great passion !!

I log in with Facebook and actually the pic where I am with a red t-shirt was taken in Baalbeck in Lebanon. I love this country and return there for the 3rd time

for arabic lessons. I like learning new language and posting on Ex christians help me to practise english.

My native language is french. I live in Switzerland (the Heidi land)...in Europe :-)

Hi Sissi from Heidi-land! :) I love learning languages too. I studied French for 3 years in high school (a LONG time ago) and at that time we had a French exchange student. I am thinking of taking some college courses in French - my dream is to be able to read classic French literature in the original language (like Proust, Rabelais, Stendhal, Balzac etc).

Bonjour I lovebrain , comment vas-tu ? c'est la vie !! :-)) Les Suisses aiment le fromage et le chocolat.

I translate :

Hello Ilovebrain, how are you ? this is life !! Swiss people like cheese and chocolate (swiss chocolate of course !:-)

Bonjour! J'aime le fromage et le chocolat aussi! :) Thanks, now I'm hungry...

My name is Italian for "tied together" and refers to a string of musical notes that are smoothly connected with no intervening silence. I play a lot of guitar but mainly I just like the way the word sounds so I started using it in forums.

My picture is from the greatest online comic ever! http://pbfcomics.com/

It reminds me to smile more and not take life so seriously, something I struggle with.

• Like 4

• Super Moderator

Soon after moving here I came to realize that much of Florida is more like Flor-DUH. People have compared me to the House character, which is fine with me because I think he is the most interesting, entertaining and complex character to hit TV in a long time - and he's an atheist!

• Like 3