Goodbye Jesus

Just Wondering...

Guest nobodyyouknow

It goes back to what another member has said somewhere: 'it's all about ME,,,ME,,ME'...

Mesus sad.png

Oh that is mine now.  I'm stealing it . . . shamelessly.

It goes back to what another member has said somewhere: 'it's all about ME,,,ME,,ME'...

Mesus sad.png

How can you steal something that isn't there? Hint - I already stole it before you... LOL

• Like 1

Mesus sad.png

How can you steal something that isn't there? Hint - I already stole it before you... LOL

With singing!

Mesus loves Me this I know!

For the bye bull tells me so!

• Like 2

I have everyting handy except the marshmallow cream. Bummer, I'll go to the store tomorrow and then make it. I like the old fashioned dry fudge, but the kids like the creamy. I did some "cheater" fudge with chips and sweetened cond milk and powdered sugar, it had a great texture but not the taste I'm looking for. The Kraft recipe looks promising.

I wonder if her god would consider it cheating to witness via a forum? Isn't she suppose to be knocking on doors (interrupting meals and great sex) and shaking hands?

I am wondering if you could substitute just regular marshmallows for the marshmallow creme?  I used a fudge recipe that called for marshmallows & not the marshmallow creme, first time I had made it. Turned out pretty good, but not sure what I did with the recipe. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I've never actually tried that, but it seems like it would work out well.

One other thing I should mention: I could be wrong, since I've never timed it, but the five minutes given in the recipe subjectively seems a little short to me (maybe it's just because I'm getting tired stirring the fudge).  If you don't use a thermometer, you can use the "cold water test."  The fudge should be cooked to the "soft ball stage."

Thanks SNM! This is the Nestle Toll House recipe where you use marshmallows & not marshmallow creme

http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/30150/NESTL%C3%89-TOLL-HOUSE-Famous-Fudge/detail.aspx

hope the link works

• Like 1

Ok, so I'm reading through some of the threads and I'm thinking ...am I going to be needing to wear a bullet proof vest before I start to post? huh.png

Damn. Late to the game. Everyone else had a chance to have fun with the new Christian on the block. sad.png

Anyway. Yes, you need a kevlar, probably two, or perhaps a tank with reinforced steel and whatnot. FrogsToadBigGrin.gif

Obviously there is a lot of anger, bitterness and definitely hatred towards Christians and Christianity here. 

Yes, there is.

That's part of why this site is needed. People need to vent about their anger and frustration towards Christians and Christianity.

The level of anger, bitterness, and hatred depends on people's experiences. You can't deny their right to be angry if they have reasons to be so.

Are there many threads that don't include some kind of bashing? Whether thats belittling Christians, being rude or outright hateful.... 

I think there are more non-christian related topics today compared to 5 years ago. I think every single one used to be a Christian bashing topic. We've calmed down a bit. Wendyshrug.gif

Do you have any kind of respect for Christians that post on here? Or are they considered different from the ones that you rant about?

Only the ones who come here and show respect themselves by starting to get a good rapport with people here and not preach about how fabulous and fantastic their delusion is. Give respect to get respect.

Don't know if anyone is interested, but I was looking to make English Toffee for Christmas....looked around & found some different recipes. 

I sometimes think simple is the best & I found this recipe & altered it a bit.

I had never made candy or toffee before & I scorched the first batch...came out like coffee candy & my husband & I and some other family members actually ate it all!! Of course the chocolate & pecans mellowed the flavor of the scorched toffee. After the scorched batch I made another batch because I was determined to do it right the second time. I swear it turned out better than Heath Bar!!

The recipe came from a Diamond & Nestle recipe in a Ladies Home Journal from 1995...I found the basic recipe ingredients online here: 

http://jamhandyblog.blogspot.com/2005/12/chocolate-walnut-toffee-candy-1995.html

**I altered this recipe by:

using pecans instead of walnuts

After cooking the main ingredients I added

** about 1/8 to 1/4 tsp salt

** 1 tsp vanilla extract  Be careful it will sizzle & spatter because you are adding it to a very hot candy mixture, but stir it in quickly

After pouring the toffee mixture onto the pan I waited a few minutes & poured the whole bag of chocolate chips onto the candy until I could see the chips were melty, I spread it & added some more

chopped pecans to the melted chocolate.    I did not do the "invert candy unto waxed paper lined.....etc." at the bottom of the recipe. 

It was a challenge because it can scorch easily so be careful

• Like 1

Thank you NeverAgainV. I will try that recipe.

I've been working on perfecting a hazelnut gelato. I made a batch Saturday to bring to a late new years party (with a bunch of Italians, gosh, they're funny, singing loudly in Italian about apologizing by playing on the guitar or something), and our friend who goes nuts for hazelnut gelato wink.png totally loved it. Her friends (again, Italian friends) wanted my recipe! But honestly, I don't think I have it perfected yet. I want to strain it better to remove all the minute nut grains from the blending and steeping... just had an idea that I will try next time.

The basic recipe:

1 1/2 cup hazelnuts - Toast in oven at 325 for 10 minutes. Let it cool down. Grind to a paste.

In a sauce pan, mix 1 cup milk, 1 cup heavy whip cream, 3/4 cup sugar, 1/8 tsp salt. Heat up, but take off from heat when it starts bubbling on the edges. Mix in the hazelnut paste. Put lid on. Let it steep for 1 hour under cover.

Strain the steep (that's the part I'm trying to figure out, cheese cloth is to thick so I don't get any juice coming through at all).

Put in the ice cream machine for around 40 minutes.

Put in container and store in freezer.

Easy.

Wow Ouroboros, that recipe looks awesome! I've never even attempted to make ice cream / gelato before! You ROCK!

I have some family members who love it (my mom is half Italian, so we've got some of that in us) :D

As far as the straining I know I have some very fine metal strainers - like window screens. They are also different sizes too...

hmm?? silverpenny013Hmmm.gif Do you have anything like that?

I can't believe how fast this thread popped up! I really enjoyed a lot of the posts on the first few pages (didn't have enough +1 points to give). And I'd like to second the "DAMN, I've never seen Margee with her teeth out!" sentiment. 

NYK, If you haven't been scared off yet, and you are just trying to get cozy, then welcome. 

I guess Margee hit the nail on the head though (^ again), when she asked why you chose Ex-C as an internet forum to get cozy in. I'm also curious. Of all the internet forums to chitchat on, what drew you to Ex-C? Did you just want to talk to some real live non-Christians? (rawr! haha) 

On another note, perhaps a recipe thread would be an amazing idea. I could get into that. 

Cheers

Yes, please

I love to cook and I have lost all my recipes (long story). Some I can remember, some I can't recall the details. I also have some really good ones to share.

Mary

Don't know if anyone is interested, but I was looking to make English Toffee for Christmas....looked around & found some different recipes. 

I sometimes think simple is the best & I found this recipe & altered it a bit.

I had never made candy or toffee before & I scorched the first batch...came out like coffee candy & my husband & I and some other family members actually ate it all!! Of course the chocolate & pecans mellowed the flavor of the scorched toffee. After the scorched batch I made another batch because I was determined to do it right the second time. I swear it turned out better than Heath Bar!!

The recipe came from a Diamond & Nestle recipe in a Ladies Home Journal from 1995...I found the basic recipe ingredients online here: 

http://jamhandyblog.blogspot.com/2005/12/chocolate-walnut-toffee-candy-1995.html

**I altered this recipe by:

using pecans instead of walnuts

After cooking the main ingredients I added

** about 1/8 to 1/4 tsp salt

** 1 tsp vanilla extract  Be careful it will sizzle & spatter because you are adding it to a very hot candy mixture, but stir it in quickly

After pouring the toffee mixture onto the pan I waited a few minutes & poured the whole bag of chocolate chips onto the candy until I could see the chips were melty, I spread it & added some more

chopped pecans to the melted chocolate.    I did not do the "invert candy unto waxed paper lined.....etc." at the bottom of the recipe. 

It was a challenge because it can scorch easily so be careful

I love toffee! I'll be trying this too.

Thanks

• Like 1

On another note, perhaps a recipe thread would be an amazing idea. I could get into that. 

Me too!  So I just started one in the 'Totally Off Topic' section.

• Like 1

Wow Ouroboros, that recipe looks awesome! I've never even attempted to make ice cream / gelato before! You ROCK!

There's a difference between gelato and ice cream. Gelato is easier (and tastier in my opinion).

Gelato is milk, cream, sugar, and flavoring. Very simple.

Even though ice cream is a more general term, most of the time an ice cream recipe is based on a custard. It takes more time and has a bit different texture. I used to make that kind of ice cream many years ago, but gelato is easier.

I have some family members who love it (my mom is half Italian, so we've got some of that in us) biggrin.png

As far as the straining I know I have some very fine metal strainers - like window screens. They are also different sizes too...

hmm?? silverpenny013Hmmm.gif Do you have anything like that?

I do, but it's not fine enough. It's the powdery ("dust") that goes through. I have a centrifugal juicer. Maybe that'll work? silverpenny013Hmmm.gif Or maybe I just need to get better strainers. Work in progress...

There's a difference between gelato and ice cream. Gelato is easier (and tastier in my opinion).

Leave it to the Italians to get massive flavor out of simple ingredients.

When we were kids, my brother and I used to take turns hand cranking an ice cream machine making vanilla ice cream with real Mexican vanilla.  It is still the best ice cream I've ever eaten.  I wonder if my parents still have that old ice cream maker.  It was just a wooden pot that had an aluminum can with a crank handle on top that would turn paddles inside the can.  You put ice in between the pot and the can and used rock salt to make the ice melt faster, distributing the cold to the cream concoction inside the can. 

• Like 1

When we were kids, my brother and I used to take turns hand cranking an ice cream machine making vanilla ice cream with real Mexican vanilla.  It is still the best ice cream I've ever eaten.  I wonder if my parents still have that old ice cream maker.  It was just a wooden pot that had an aluminum can with a crank handle on top that would turn paddles inside the can.  You put ice in between the pot and the can and used rock salt to make the ice melt faster, distributing the cold to the cream concoction inside the can. 

That's the old fashioned way.

I cheat. I use a machine with a built-in freezer compressor. FrogsToadBigGrin.gif

I've done a lot of home made vanilla ice cream the last couple of months. The kids love it. I use real vanilla beans. The only problem, they're expensive. sad.png I got some pure vanilla extract too, so I mix to make it reasonable cost, yet flavorful.

Sorbets are also very good, and even easier, except for the juicing part--you don't want the pulp, but I got a good machine for that too.

Guest nobodyyouknow

I think this thread has brought out a lot of stuff and made people think... and I do like making people think

This thread is now 12 pages, you're trying awfully hard to be here. What is your real motivation?

If a ex christian came into a christian forum I happened to be chatting in... and said they just wanted to chat. get to know people....not to debate.. I doublt I'd have 12 pages worth of problems with that.

If i was wary, I might be on guard but I'd chat with them. And by chatting with them, know that why they were here would come out.

If I want too verbally out right witness in public here (which I've never said I won't do) I know where to go.

Guest nobodyyouknow

That's the old fashioned way.

I cheat. I use a machine with a built-in freezer compressor. FrogsToadBigGrin.gif

I've done a lot of home made vanilla ice cream the last couple of months. The kids love it. I use real vanilla beans. The only problem, they're expensive. sad.png I got some pure vanilla extract too, so I mix to make it reasonable cost, yet flavorful.

Sorbets are also very good, and even easier, except for the juicing part--you don't want the pulp, but I got a good machine for that too.

What kind of machine? I've seen these cheapish ones for kids... Still not sure exactly how they work.. or if it does produce anything like the real deal.. also I think the kids ones I saw.. you had to have a special sachet... I've made icecream using a esi yo maker (do you guys have that? Yoghurt maker.. plastic cylinder thing) and it comes out a bit icier.. not so creamy

If a ex christian came into a christian forum I happened to be chatting in... and said they just wanted to chat. get to know people....not to debate.. I doublt I'd have 12 pages worth of problems with that.

That's true. Because most Ex-Christians are banned after the first page, so they never get 12 pages at all. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

If i was wary, I might be on guard but I'd chat with them. And by chatting with them, know that why they were here would come out.

But that's because you are probably a better person than most Christians.

If I want too verbally out right witness in public here (which I've never said I won't do) I know where to go.

Just put on the kevlar and prepare for a rocky ride. smile.png

Guest nobodyyouknow

How long did the hand cranking part take?

What kind of machine?

It's a DeLonghi. The machine is expensive, about 250-300 bucks. I got one for my birthday. Woot! That's how you do it. Have someone buy it for you. Haha. Tell them how much ice cream you're planning to make.

I've seen these cheapish ones for kids... Still not sure exactly how they work.. or if it does produce anything like the real deal.. also I think the kids ones I saw..

The cheap ones contain a bucket that you have to freeze overnight. You can only make one batch per day, essentially. My machine is not a pro version, but since it has a compressor, I can make multiple batches one after another.

And yes, both products can produce the real deal. We had a cheap one before, but the problem I had was the quality. The mixer blades in it were too weak and so was the motor. You want to let it churn until it has the right consistency, and that was harder with the cheap one.

you had to have a special sachet... I've made icecream using a esi yo maker (do you guys have that? Yoghurt maker.. plastic cylinder thing) and it comes out a bit icier.. not so creamy

I'm not sure what that is.

This is the machine I have: http://www.amazon.com/DeLonghi-GM6000-Gelato-Self-Refrigerating-Compressor/dp/B002RT91FM

start :  05JAN13  3:34 am  (my local time.....yours will vary)

Latest post   7JAN13 2:05pm  (local)

14 pages.

Wow.  Certainly not the fastest.   Other have gotten banned in quicker time then this, but then they were jerks. 

nobodyyouknow

some observations with the caveat that I haven't nor do I intend to read this entire thread. 

Mistake 1.  was making an essentially an announcement post that basically says  "I'm here and I'm Christian and I want to talk"

That was really the biggest.   You just painted a target on your back and said "HIT ME". 

If you are truly as interested in understand, then butting heads in this thread isn't going to work.  Go to the Testimonials and read.  Read until you heart hurts.  Read until you cry.  Then post.  

Since I started writing this 4 new replies have popped up. 

We have christian 'friends', as much as anyone can be online, here.  end3 is one.  Thumbilina as nutty as she can be is another.  

It can and does happen.

But,

Coming in here a posting a question of "Why are you so angry?" without bothering to read the testimonials is rude.   the same could be said for asking the question why did you deconvert.  There is an entire section devoted to it. 

I personally have no investment in this post.  And I predict one of two things happening.  You leave.  Or eventually we start to grudgingly accept you.  That my eventually lead to support of familial type.  

• Like 1

How long did the hand cranking part take?

It's been a long time, but I seem to remember it taking an hour or more. 

Guest nobodyyouknow

Is it over yet? LeslieLook.gif 

Is she gone?  WendyDoh.gif

Can I come back out now? yellow.gif

Some of your posts are really quite hurtful... along with at least one other from someone else. I never came in here with the intention of hurting someone and it seems you either think  A. I have no feelings or B. You don't realise that some of these comments are hurtful or B. Don't care and actually want to inflict some hurt.

And I'm open for another option that I haven't thought of. Which is it?

C. You're  a christian 'girl' who  came into MY club and won't be honest about why you're here.

That's it sweetheart. Wendyshrug.gif  You say you're here to, 'cut to the chase'??? Please explain?

You're probably a real nice person............ 

You can go make friends and change recipes anywhere on the internet - yet you chose Ex-c?......

You tell me why you're really here and I'll start showing you who I really am as a person............

Excuse me? FIrst of all, someone asked ME for the recipe and brought up the fudge topic FIRST.

I'm tempted to make a thread of picky things I've been called out for

1. Editing posts too many times

2. Talking bout fudge in the wrong place

You don't want the real reason.. you want a reason you can rationalize that satisfies you. You're not willing to accept my reasons... only because I choose to do it in a ex christian forum... those reasons in other chat rooms would be rather normal.

I don't meet people during the day and say 'hey wait, are you a Christian'? before I chat with them.

I came specifically here from google.. So what? Wouldn't it be rather  hypercritical  if I'd chat to a non Christian in the supermarket but would ignore a ex christian on here. 

A lof of non specific (as far as beliefs go or non beliefs) forums have many many non Christians. 

I don't use this site fully and only go into some parts. 

One day i might write stuff in the lions den but probably not right now. 

Did I come here to witness? A Christian whole life is a witness.. or should be. And If i choose to verbally witness at any point i'll head to the lions den as stated before

It's been a long time, but I seem to remember it taking an hour or more. 

Sounds about right for a manual.

That's why I like the machine, it takes only 30-40 minutes, sometimes less. Depends on ratios of things in the mix.

Good God, Woman! How many more pages are you going to fill up complaining about your initial reception here? If you just want to ask questions and/or chat, get on with it!

• Like 1

Guest nobodyyouknow

start :  05JAN13  3:34 am  (my local time.....yours will vary)

Latest post   7JAN13 2:05pm  (local)

14 pages.

Wow.  Certainly not the fastest.   Other have gotten banned in quicker time then this, but then they were jerks. 

nobodyyouknow

some observations with the caveat that I haven't nor do I intend to read this entire thread. 

Mistake 1.  was making an essentially an announcement post that basically says  "I'm here and I'm Christian and I want to talk"

That was really the biggest.   You just painted a target on your back and said "HIT ME". 

If you are truly as interested in understand, then butting heads in this thread isn't going to work.  Go to the Testimonials and read.  Read until you heart hurts.  Read until you cry.  Then post.  

Since I started writing this 4 new replies have popped up. 

We have christian 'friends', as much as anyone can be online, here.  end3 is one.  Thumbilina as nutty as she can be is another.  

It can and does happen.

But,

Coming in here a posting a question of "Why are you so angry?" without bothering to read the testimonials is rude.   the same could be said for asking the question why did you deconvert.  There is an entire section devoted to it. 

I personally have no investment in this post.  And I predict one of two things happening.  You leave.  Or eventually we start to grudgingly accept you.  That my eventually lead to support of familial type.  

I have never asked why people were angry and bitter. I have already said I understand to some extent and am not judging people for feeling the way they do or

that they didn't have a right to it. Obviously a lot of wrong things have been done and I'm not trying to defend any of the wrong things.

I can understand not having time or not wanting to read the whole thread etc but if you had you would have seen I apologized if I worded things badly. It was not my intend 

to hurt anyone.. only to understand. I don't think anyone has seen where I was coming from completely but some of you, I think, tried to see things from both sides - and I'm thankful for that