Goodbye Jesus

Just Wondering...

Guest nobodyyouknow

I think you are having an easy time of it actually. Then again you have been pretty respectful. I, personally, have no problem with you. I'm not sure of your motives and waiting for the other shoe to drop. It's sort of a safe haven here and I am wary of you. I don't think I have picked on you. I just don't want to be witnessed to or have someone try to save me. I avoid the lions' den as I find it uncomfortable. You quoted my post, so I'm assuming your lasted post is directed at me. You wanted to chat, I was looking for some "safe" common ground with the recipe thing. Due to my fudge interest at this time, I thought I would take the opportunity to collect another recipe. Maybe you could take the lead on a subject you would like to discuss. We are not a mean group of people. Imagine if an atheist wandered into a christian forum just to chat and he says nothing could be said to convert him, that he is there only to hang out and chat. Would you be a bit uncomfortable with that. As well, this is the rant portion of the site, which is where we come to vent or bitch. Any person can come here and read the forums if they wanted to find out what we discuss. It was your choice to register and make an appearance and start a conversation. You had to suspect we wouldn't greet you with open arms. That being said...my interests are cooking, building and repairing computers, my bengal cats and my chihuhua's. My chi's are fat and are on a diet and not to happy about their diet food. One chi has a knee cap problem in both legs and she is only 3yrs old. She currently weighs 9.5 pounds and should be 5 pounds and she has lost a grand total of 1/2 pound. I'm 55, female, 3 kids who are all adults now and the best husband in the world. I have some chronic health issues which annoy the shit out of me. I bought my son a pandora computer which is awesome cool if you are into open source computing and game emulation and it fits in your pocket. I no longer work due to the health stuff and I miss it. I'm a chatterbox, so if you want to chat, I'm willing to talk about most anything. I do thank you for the recipe and I will be making it soon. I will master the art of fudge making and I'm hoping to find 3 or 4 different varieties that I can count on. Are you just curious about what makes an atheist tick?

I am wondering why you chose to post your  first post in " Rants and Replies " forum as opposed to some other forum?

• Like 1

Stupid question here...How do I edit my posts. Spelling and grammar errors abound in my last post.

Marycontrary, after 4 more posts you will have the ability to edit your posts. 25 posts is the magic number.

Marycontrary, after 4 more posts you will have the ability to edit your posts. 25 posts is the magic number.

lol...I have been here since 2009. I've been taking my time earning the edit feature. Sometimes my brain is faster than my fingers yellow.gif

Guest nobodyyouknow

I am wondering why you chose to post your  first post in " Rants and Replies " forum as opposed to some other forum?

I didn't notice a 'introductory' thread other than giving your testimony (ex chrisitans) and didn't think my testimony would be appreciated there ..ha

I guess I wanted to cut to the chase and it seemed like a good place to start. 

Guest nobodyyouknow

lol...I have been here since 2009. I've been taking my time earning the edit feature. Sometimes my brain is faster than my fingers yellow.gif

Interesting that theres a few people who don't normally post much coming here. I think this thread has brought out a lot of stuff and made people think... and I do like making people think

Guest nobodyyouknow

Stupid question here...How do I edit my posts. Spelling and grammar errors abound in my last post.

I find the quote system hard when there's lots of quotes and you just want part of one... deleting doesn't always work well and then sometimes it works too well and its all gone.

Ha ha.  I doubt you've made a group of thinkers think nobody.  Given them a platform to shout out maybe, but think is a pretty strong word here. 

• Like 2

It's funny. I come here in spurts, I may go months without a visit. This site is a facebook friend so I read the facebook updates. Today there was a facebook that sort of hit home for me, so I paid a visit to the forums. I like the rants section, and yours was the first on the list. Normally, I just read, but you spoke about us being bitter and it hit home for me. It did make me think....about how much happier I am today, than i was living a lie.

• Like 1

Guest nobodyyouknow

Is it over yet? LeslieLook.gif 

Is she gone?  WendyDoh.gif

Can I come back out now? yellow.gif

Some of your posts are really quite hurtful... along with at least one other from someone else. I never came in here with the intention of hurting someone and it seems you either think  A. I have no feelings or B. You don't realise that some of these comments are hurtful or B. Don't care and actually want to inflict some hurt.

And I'm open for another option that I haven't thought of. Which is it?

NobodyYouKnow, you seem like a genuinely decent person through your posts and I have no problem with you being here as you are. However despite your re-assurance that you just stumbled by here to chat it still seems incredibly odd to me (and seemingly others here) that there are not other, deeper, reasons you are here.

For example when I was a christian I almost always avoided websites that were anti-christian as I was concerned about being decieved or led astray, and they irritated me no end. In my last few months as a christian though I found myself at this site after I was following testemonies of people who had been damaged by pentecostal/charismatic christianity. Mostly I had been looking for people who were still christian so I could be encouraged but I had been beginning to question my faith intellectually and had done alot of research which was making me think outside the christian box. So...I ended up here. This site didn't deconvert me but it did show me I was no alone in my experience which allowed me to keep searching for truth wherever the trail of evidence led. I must add that although I have been hurt deeply by christianity this hurt only made me reach out for god all the more from the bottom of my heart. Doing this for years and getting no answer and only more troubles for my sincere faith didn't help though. It was as if god didn't exist....

I'm not saing you are losing your faith. How could I know what is going on for you? All I am saying is that there is most likely a deeper reason for your presence here. Perhaps you are not aware of any. For us you being here (a christian just wanting to 'chat' and get to know us) is suspicious and tends to make some of us feel like a ball of string a cat is playing with. If I had of joined a site like this as a christian I would definately be doing it to further the kingdom of god in some way; to spread the salt and light of the gospel. Again I will re-iterate many here have been deeply traumatised by christians FOLLOWING the teachings of the bible (not crazy distortions of the bible but the clear teachings in it). This means that any christian represents potential harm and as many were hurt by christians who were actually trying to be loving you being nice doesn't calm us. In fact it may make us more uneasy.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and I do wish you all the best. Just tread carefully. We are real people.

• Like 2

Guest nobodyyouknow

I can understand some skepticism... and I don't go into all the threads on this site e.t.c

I am not a cat person so no "ball with a string" games here... but must say at times I felt like the cat....

In another thread someone made the comment saying something like... it had been awhile since they had had

a Christian to 'chew on' 

Sincerity goes both ways

I think this thread has brought out a lot of stuff and made people think... and I do like making people think

This thread is now 12 pages, you're trying awfully hard to be here. What is your real motivation?

Caramel and white chocolate fudge (as Lisa Simpson says "I can see through time" blink.png - it is very sweet)

125g butter

2 Tablespoons golden syrup

1x 395g can condensed milk

1 cup brown sugar

100g Nestle white melts

Melt butter in pan. Add golden syrup. condensed milk and brown sugar

Stir with a silicon spatula over low heat until boiling, reduce heat, and simmer

10 minutes, stirring constantly.

Remove from heat, add white chocolate. Mix until smooth

Pour into greased tin 7cm x25cm

refrigerate until set.

Please note: It burns easily so be cautious with the heat and do stir it all the time

Beautiful recipe! Thanks christian girlfriend!! ...( I mean that - I even gave you a point!! rolleyes.gif )

I can't believe I found the perfect fudge recipe in the 'rants and replies' section of Ex-c!! yellow.gif

This is how mine turned out in the pan!!!!!! Wendytwitch.gif

There MUST be a god!!

A1pJIOiCYAAvgn61.jpg

• Like 2

Is it over yet? LeslieLook.gif 

Is she gone?  WendyDoh.gif

Can I come back out now? yellow.gif

Some of your posts are really quite hurtful... along with at least one other from someone else. I never came in here with the intention of hurting someone and it seems you either think  A. I have no feelings or B. You don't realise that some of these comments are hurtful or B. Don't care and actually want to inflict some hurt.

And I'm open for another option that I haven't thought of. Which is it?

C. You're  a christian 'girl' who  came into MY club and won't be honest about why you're here.

That's it sweetheart. Wendyshrug.gif  You say you're here to, 'cut to the chase'??? Please explain?

You're probably a real nice person............ 

You can go make friends and change recipes anywhere on the internet - yet you chose Ex-c?......

You tell me why you're really here and I'll start showing you who I really am as a person............

• Like 2

Hey hun, welcome to the forums.

I've no idea why you came here and I've no idea if you know why either. Perhaps you wanted to learn more about ex-christians out of curiosity, perhaps you have an interest in finding out what you can discover, but please be mindful that your "Authentic Christian Believer" emblem is like a massive shoot-me target :)

One thing I believe more than anything is that anyone who has found a good thing will want to share it with the world. So someone who has found God found God because it put them in a better place than where they were before. it is interesting though, that no matter what you find, even if it is worse to someone else but better to you since it was better seems like the best thing that has happened.

I guess we go through a journey of spiritual development through our life, and for us that step of improvement came from de-conversion :)

Take care, hope you enjoy your stay.

I can't believe how fast this thread popped up! I really enjoyed a lot of the posts on the first few pages (didn't have enough +1 points to give). And I'd like to second the "DAMN, I've never seen Margee with her teeth out!" sentiment. 

NYK, If you haven't been scared off yet, and you are just trying to get cozy, then welcome. 

I guess Margee hit the nail on the head though (^ again), when she asked why you chose Ex-C as an internet forum to get cozy in. I'm also curious. Of all the internet forums to chitchat on, what drew you to Ex-C? Did you just want to talk to some real live non-Christians? (rawr! haha) 

On another note, perhaps a recipe thread would be an amazing idea. I could get into that. 

Cheers

• Like 2

I have everyting handy except the marshmallow cream. Bummer, I'll go to the store tomorrow and then make it. I like the old fashioned dry fudge, but the kids like the creamy. I did some "cheater" fudge with chips and sweetened cond milk and powdered sugar, it had a great texture but not the taste I'm looking for. The Kraft recipe looks promising.

I wonder if her god would consider it cheating to witness via a forum? Isn't she suppose to be knocking on doors (interrupting meals and great sex) and shaking hands?

I am wondering if you could substitute just regular marshmallows for the marshmallow creme?  I used a fudge recipe that called for marshmallows & not the marshmallow creme, first time I had made it. Turned out pretty good, but not sure what I did with the recipe. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I've never actually tried that, but it seems like it would work out well.

One other thing I should mention: I could be wrong, since I've never timed it, but the five minutes given in the recipe subjectively seems a little short to me (maybe it's just because I'm getting tired stirring the fudge).  If you don't use a thermometer, you can use the "cold water test."  The fudge should be cooked to the "soft ball stage."

• Like 1

I have everyting handy except the marshmallow cream. Bummer, I'll go to the store tomorrow and then make it. I like the old fashioned dry fudge, but the kids like the creamy. I did some "cheater" fudge with chips and sweetened cond milk and powdered sugar, it had a great texture but not the taste I'm looking for. The Kraft recipe looks promising.

I wonder if her god would consider it cheating to witness via a forum? Isn't she suppose to be knocking on doors (interrupting meals and great sex) and shaking hands?

As one one poster pointed out - this is a home for ex christians... How about someone who is homeless and lives on the street? "Sorry, no door.. too bad... cya"

WTF?

• Like 1

I think this thread has brought out a lot of stuff and made people think... and I do like making people think

This thread is now 12 pages, you're trying awfully hard to be here. What is your real motivation?

I can't help but wonder, too. She has said, repeatedly, that she just wants to know some people and ask some questions. But, so far, her only questions she has asked pertain to our reception of her OP.  If you want to ask something, then ask it already!

• Like 1

As one one poster pointed out - this is a home for ex christians... How about someone who is homeless and lives on the street? "Sorry, no door.. too bad... cya"

WTF?

I've figured it out .. since it's a "home" for ex-christians, and homes have doors, a person who does not have a home is, wait for it ... ... ... home less.

What I would ask is why she considers herself homeless? Is she in between being a christian and an ex-christian? Why is she knocking here and not at the church? Clearly her metaphor is a cry for help, a cry to be de-converted and unplugged from the machine of christianity.

• Like 1

I can't help but wonder, too. She has said, repeatedly, that she just wants to know some people and ask some questions. But, so far, her only questions she has asked pertain to our reception of her OP.  If you want to ask something, then ask it already!

It goes back to what another member has said somewhere: 'it's all about ME,,,ME,,ME'...

• Like 1

It goes back to what another member has said somewhere: 'it's all about ME,,,ME,,ME'...

Mesus :(

• Like 4

Guest MadameX

Is there any of you that would like to de convert me and help me see that christianity is wrong?

I was thinking, meh, I don't care what people think, but then again, I do. For mental hygiene, among other reasons, I do care that people not believe in wacky things. It is better for us personally and collectively to be honest with ourselves, and each other, and to deal with reality, with the world as it is, rather than as we wish it were.

I'll help you. What can I do for you?