Goodbye Jesus

Just Wondering...

Guest nobodyyouknow

I have everyting handy except the marshmallow cream. Bummer, I'll go to the store tomorrow and then make it. I like the old fashioned dry fudge, but the kids like the creamy. I did some "cheater" fudge with chips and sweetened cond milk and powdered sugar, it had a great texture but not the taste I'm looking for. The Kraft recipe looks promising.

I wonder if her god would consider it cheating to witness via a forum? Isn't she suppose to be knocking on doors (interrupting meals and great sex) and shaking hands?

Guest nobodyyouknow

and before you say.. "I knew she was here to witness! the liar!"

Is there any of you that would like to de convert me and help me see that christianity is wrong?

When I 'whip out the dvd' then judge me.

It does get pretty ridiculous though when it comes to questioning how much I edit my posts. (see further back) 

I edit my posts all the time. Sometimes multiple times. Usually to improve the clarity of a phrase or to fix a typo. I don't see that as an issue.

I will take that white choc caramel fudge recipe!!!

For so many years I have had to keep my mouth shut. Now that nothing holds me back, I'm a lose cannon...lol. You really don't want your eternity to be shared with the likes of me. I will talk your ear off.

I am looking for the ultimate fudge recipe though, so If you have one please share.

Mary

I think this is my favorite post so far this year.

The year is young my friend.

Guest nobodyyouknow

I have everyting handy except the marshmallow cream. Bummer, I'll go to the store tomorrow and then make it. I like the old fashioned dry fudge, but the kids like the creamy. I did some "cheater" fudge with chips and sweetened cond milk and powdered sugar, it had a great texture but not the taste I'm looking for. The Kraft recipe looks promising.

I wonder if her god would consider it cheating to witness via a forum? Isn't she suppose to be knocking on doors (interrupting meals and great sex) and shaking hands?

As one one poster pointed out - this is a home for ex christians... How about someone who is homeless and lives on the street? "Sorry, no door.. too bad... cya"

The year is young my friend.

And it's off to a great start!

What I do hate is how people make judgments about me based of my lack of belief in a god. Like I can have no values whatsoever because of my lack of faith. I hate how the christian kids picked on one of my children in elementary school due to her not going to their after school god club and how her teacher enabled that. I hate how christians can do terrible things, but if they ask their god to forgive them, they can move forward without guilt or atonement to the people they have hurt. I hate the attitude some of them have, that they are better than I am because they beleive in something I cannot. I hate that someone beat on my car and removed my darwin fish. I hate how religious folk claim to be persecuted in this country (usa) and claim this country was founded on christianity. I hate that when I put lights on my house in december, religious folk tell me I'm a hypocrit. I hate when I'm in public, but having a private conversation with someone and say omg, some christian will snear at me or call me out on it.

I am with you on this!!  I am not "out" as an atheist - only my husband and one friend know about it - but I know that I would face that kind of judgment from believers if they find out about my beliefs.  What, now that I don't believe in God or Jesus I'm going to run around killing people, stealing stuff, or taking lollipops out of children's mouths?  Ridiculous.  I don't need God to tell me what is right or wrong.

Regarding our new Christian friend - if she is the kind of person who just likes people and is curious about what makes people who are different than her tick, then I think she will do well here.  I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.  But, I can understand why others are wary.

Is there any of you that would like to de convert me and help me see that christianity is wrong?

Myself? Not particularly. I'm not about to try to deconvert anyone. Hell, I'm not even trying to deconvert my wife, who is a devout believer and the daughter of a Pentecostal preacher.

However, if you make any claims about your religion or the Bible, be prepared to have those claims shredded to pieces quickly and enthusiastically. There are a number of people here who know far more about the history of Christianity than the average Christian (I'm not one of them. I'm more of a science guy than a Biblical history or philosophy type).

• Like 1

As one one poster pointed out - this is a home for ex christians... How about someone who is homeless and lives on the street? "Sorry, no door.. too bad... cya"

are you judging us here?

don't be combative,,,,

you are welcome here to discuss, chat and if you do want to judge and make broad statements about people here, be careful,,,

i saw your post within minutes of your 1st posting, and i waited for the fireworks to happen,,,,

so far, you have not disappoint me yet,,,,

btw, I am not bitter about the church, the christians, or the bible,,,, it is just not my style,,,,

• Like 1

Guest nobodyyouknow

are you judging us here?

don't be combative,,,,

you are welcome here to discuss, chat and if you do want to judge and make broad statements about people here, be careful,,,

i saw your post within minutes of your 1st posting, and i waited for the fireworks to happen,,,,

so far, you have not disappoint me yet,,,,

btw, I am not bitter about the church, the christians, or the bible,,,, it is just not my style,,,,

say what? Someone made a comment about me not knocking on doors and coming into a forum instead... how am i judging?

Guest nobodyyouknow

Myself? Not particularly. I'm not about to try to deconvert anyone. Hell, I'm not even trying to deconvert my wife, who is a devout believer and the daughter of a Pentecostal preacher.

However, if you make any claims about your religion or the Bible, be prepared to have those claims shredded to pieces quickly and enthusiastically. There are a number of people here who know far more about the history of Christianity than the average Christian (I'm not one of them. I'm more of a science guy than a Biblical history or philosophy type).

my point was that if someone was wanting to de convert me here... I'd be suprised if ppl would have a problem here with that.

my point was that if someone was wanting to de convert me here... I'd be suprised if ppl would have a problem here with that.

I'm pretty sure that almost everyone here knows that the only person who can deconvert you is you.  If you're interested, people here can provide you with a lot of facts about Christianity.  What you do with that information is entirely up to you.

• Like 2

I am wondering if you could substitute just regular marshmallows for the marshmallow creme?  I used a fudge recipe that called for marshmallows & not the marshmallow creme, first time I had made it. Turned out pretty good, but not sure what I did with the recipe. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I would not ever want to deconvert anyone. You are entitled to believe whatever you want. What works for me isn't the answer for others. Grasshopper, we must find our own path to our own enlightenment. If your beliefs help you sleep at night, calm your fears and make you a better person, then you have made the right choice for yourself. If you have questions or doubts, I would encourage you to explore them. If it's true, it should be able to stand up to scrutiny. If you should come to the understanding that what you have believed in isn't true, then we will be here to lend a sypathetic ear. None of us took our deconversion lightly and it didn't happen over night. There is a process involved, sort of like the grief process when a loved one dies....but different. The holidays trigger anger and bitterness for me.

I rarely post in the forums, but have been a member for quite a while. I like to read about other peoples experiences and how they cope with the family thing, For me, that has been the hardest part.

For me, the deconversion and coming out of the closet took years. The coming out of the closet and being open with my beliefs, did bring on rapid and drastic changes though and I wasn't expecting that. My political views changed overnight. I became much more tolerant and accepting of lifestyles that I had rejected before. I have become a more generous person to people in need and have much more empathy towards the plights of others. So much so, that my husband was blown away by it. He and I have really different views on some issues now. But he's a good guy who loves me and allows me to be a free thinker. I think he appreciates my thoughts and knows that my views are coming from a good place. I've softened his heart on some issues and I think he has enjoyed watching my tranformation...lol. It's hard for him to let go of some of the traditional values he grew up with. I think he got a kick out of my handling of getting on Mike Huckabee's robo call list. Let's just say old Mike doesn't call me to spew hate anymore.

• Like 1

No way.  Trying to deconvert people is a total waste of time. 

LOL, your playing with me now. If he is homeless, he surely is missing out on high speed internet access. I would encourage you to show random acts of kindness without faith behind it. No motive other than the good feeling you get by doing so.

Ah, our double standard?  Many of us are surrounded by Christians, people who will judge us and hate us if they get the slightest hint that we are not one of them.  Many of us have been persecuted by Christians.  That is why WM Dave paid money to create this place online.  It gives us a safe place to talk and say the things that we cannot dream to say out loud in our regular lives.  We get to express secrets we have been holding in for months or even years.  So yes you are right.  If one of the new deconverts wants to work out his or her pain by trying to deconvert you or yell at you I don't have a problem with that.  It would still be a waste of time to try to deconvert you.  Anybody who tries will figure that out eventually but perhaps they need to try in order to understand.  I've had my share of online debates but really it was just to work out my own thoughts.  Meanwhile the world is full of Christians who are trying to share the gospel and we have heard all of that so it gets old.  Yes we do have different standards but it's for a good reason.

• Like 1

there is nothing you could say or do to make me not believe.

Hi NobodyYouKnow, a belated welcome to the forum.  Your entrance into this forum... it definitely rubbed me the wrong way, but I'll let that go to move on to other things.

One thing I did see when I was a christian believer (I still believe in "God", just not in the bible God as he seems the antithesis of a loving & good god)

but what I never got was my pastor was always wanting to convert people to his way of the bible religion & his interpretation of the bible. However, we all knew that he would never budge an inch off from what he had established in his mind was "the truth". Hate to say it, but your statement above reminded me of his mindset.

Please ask yourself that if "God" is good & righteous then certainly "God" could handle someone who would question & doubt because after all the truth should not be afraid of questions or information.  Please please do yourself a favor and allow yourself the freedom to think outside of the religious box that you are in. If God is "good" that God shouldn't have a problem with your searching.

I know reading the writings of Thomas Paine & I believe Robert Ingersoll which I accessed through this site, helped me to get another worldview that was so different than the one I had lived for years.  I hope you can take the time to read some of what is on this website, it is a treasure trove of information & humanity.

I'll come back later with the Paine & Ingersoll links....can't right now.

I do still want that recipe nobodyouknow. I'm not kidding. The last fudge I made, I was tempted to add some ice cream caramel swirls throughout it when pouring it into the pan.

NeveragainV...I have a handful of miniature marshmallows. I think I'll get the real deal and do it up right. A couple of my kids have moved away and have room mates and they love that I'm experimenting with fudge. They say to keep making it, it's sort of a joke around here right now. I ruined one batch due to breaking my candy thermometer and ended up with caramelly looking chocolate flavored goo...they did eat it though and all agreed it rivals super glue for stickiness. Another batch got ruined because I substituted unsweet bakers choc plus sugar for semi sweet chips and over cooked it. Very hard and very dark nasty fudge. My daughter took it to work and her co-workers ate all of it. Some people will eat anything.

My christian friend, we have people who know us and love us who are unhappy with our decoversion and try to get us back on the path. We hear it all the time. You might have better luck getting brownie points with god, by witnessing to the homeless or knocking on doors. Does god give double points for converting an atheist? I don't understand your need to interact with us. Is it to find out if we are regular people like you, or are we really evil beings that eat children? I will admit that when Rachel from card services calls me daily for the last chance to lower my credit card debt, I press one and hand the phone to my youngest heathen child who pretends to be mentally unstable and begs for Rachel to send her a credit card. Really, we are okay. Don't worry about us.

Guest nobodyyouknow

I'm not trying to sell anything.. I guess is what I want to be made clear. I think when Christians try to 'sell' the gospel, it does make people wary... and I don't believe it's a numbers game.... e.g "It doesn't matter who you are.. just as long as you become a Christian and we can add another number to the list of who gave "their hearts".

And I wouldn't 'door knock' because I feel I would be peddling the gospel. 

and before you say.. "I knew she was here to witness! the liar!"

When I 'whip out the dvd' then judge me.

A few here would.  Most won't care one way or the other.  And even a few more will want to avoid deconverting you due to the pain they know it causes in one's life.  That's my observation based on years of experience with this site anyway.

I personally don't care as long as you aren't going around harassing homosexuals for being gay, putting pressure on politicians to put prayer back in school, or otherwise nosing into other's personal business.  If you aren't making an ass of yourself, then feel free to believe whatever you want. 

• Like 1

Guest nobodyyouknow

Caramel and white chocolate fudge (as Lisa Simpson says "I can see through time" blink.png - it is very sweet)

125g butter

2 Tablespoons golden syrup

1x 395g can condensed milk

1 cup brown sugar

100g Nestle white melts

Melt butter in pan. Add golden syrup. condensed milk and brown sugar

Stir with a silicon spatula over low heat until boiling, reduce heat, and simmer

10 minutes, stirring constantly.

Remove from heat, add white chocolate. Mix until smooth

Pour into greased tin 7cm x25cm

refrigerate until set.

Please note: It burns easily so be cautious with the heat and do stir it all the time

• Like 3

Guest nobodyyouknow

I do still want that recipe nobodyouknow. I'm not kidding. The last fudge I made, I was tempted to add some ice cream caramel swirls throughout it when pouring it into the pan.

NeveragainV...I have a handful of miniature marshmallows. I think I'll get the real deal and do it up right. A couple of my kids have moved away and have room mates and they love that I'm experimenting with fudge. They say to keep making it, it's sort of a joke around here right now. I ruined one batch due to breaking my candy thermometer and ended up with caramelly looking chocolate flavored goo...they did eat it though and all agreed it rivals super glue for stickiness. Another batch got ruined because I substituted unsweet bakers choc plus sugar for semi sweet chips and over cooked it. Very hard and very dark nasty fudge. My daughter took it to work and her co-workers ate all of it. Some people will eat anything.

My christian friend, we have people who know us and love us who are unhappy with our decoversion and try to get us back on the path. We hear it all the time. You might have better luck getting brownie points with god, by witnessing to the homeless or knocking on doors. Does god give double points for converting an atheist? I don't understand your need to interact with us. Is it to find out if we are regular people like you, or are we really evil beings that eat children? I will admit that when Rachel from card services calls me daily for the last chance to lower my credit card debt, I press one and hand the phone to my youngest heathen child who pretends to be mentally unstable and begs for Rachel to send her a credit card. Really, we are okay. Don't worry about us.

I'm getting confused... on one hand Christians are allowed here.. and even allowed to 'preach' in the lions den....but I come on here and (some) people (in my opinion) act as if I shouldn't be here.. it's wrong and it's best to leave. 

Do you question all Christians who come on here to this extent? Now I know you might blame me for not making my intentions clear but is that a pre requisite to posting? E.g must state why you are here or please don't post..

I guess I just wonder if I'm getting more of a hard time for being here than the 'regular' Christian. 

Guest nobodyyouknow

To nobody I know

You may have already been told this, I don't know, but I thought I'd ask you this anyway. If you didn't want to start a debate, why create a thread, use strong words directed at us and then make it really, really obvious that you are religious. If you just wan't to chat, why not participate in another forum in something non religious? You could still have the 'authentic Christain believer' sign, no one would expect you to pretend to be non-religious. Isn't that what you wanted?

We wouldn't bite if you don't dangle the bait in front of us!

The major intent of the opening post was to express what I had observed.... and to find out how the ex Christians reacted to Christians on here. Yes, I used some strong words.. there are also some strong words in the threads on here. I was just calling at as I was seeing it. As I said before, I don't think I was totally wrong but maybe I could have worded it better.

So it has taken you 9 pages and however many posts in this thread for you to at last fess up as to why you are here. So why could you not answer those of us who asked why you are here earlier? Maybe you needed to sleep on your answers before you decided which one to use. Yet again another xtian that proves to me why I am an Ex-xtian. You lot can't be trusted. Yet you want none believers to trust your so called god inspired book and you so called saviour. Hope you are feeling proud of yourself?

You have lost any shred of credibility you might had with me. Again this is typical of you lot.

I was honest right from the start about why I was here, That was NOT the first time i explained. 

If you notice, different people are asking me why I am here.. so don't blame me if I repeat myself often wacko.png

Guest nobodyyouknow

I'm here to meet some people. Get to know some people. Ask some questions (obviously) 

There probably was a better way I could have worded my opening post. Seems theres only so many times you can edit?

That was from the first page. My intentions have not changed at all.

Other intentions are self explanatory from the type of questions I asked.