Goodbye Jesus

Just Wondering...

Guest nobodyyouknow

Guest nobodyyouknow

I think you will find its really Christianity not the person we are bashing. You have chosen to identify yourself with that religion so you may feel personally attacked- but we don't know you- we know Christianity since most of us are former Christians. Hence the EX

I understand that but because of what people here have experienced... I find they are making really broad statements about what ALL Christians say/do/think

"There are people who have bitterness here that show through their posts.. it's not an insult. Just an observation..."

You would be bitter too, if you had "done Christianity all wrong", as we have. You see, most of us on this site:

1. Gave our all to God and lay down our lives daily to him as living sacrifices. Every single day, and often to great peril.

2. Married the person we thought God wanted us to marry (sometimes these unions looked absurd to non-believers--but we were acting on faith).

3. Gave hundreds of thousands of dollars--even lost our homes--to God, the church, and certain ministries you name it.

4. Made huge career choices based on our eschatological viewpoints and what we thought God wanted us to do for him. (That's my story. I regret every day the choices I made for God that led me to nowhere.)

It's like you give all you money, your home, and stake your children on an investment plan, and then the investor turns out to be a fraud and absconds with your money, your home, and your kids. This is what has happened to us.

Should we kick ourselves for being so dumb as to believe the Christian myth is actually true? Or do we kick those who continue to try to suck people into the myth that destroyed our lives?

• Like 7

Guest nobodyyouknow

I predict you will not last long around here.  If you don't know what Margee's motives are then you can't check them off a list.  My guess is that her motive was to teach you. 

So far you have been mocked by zero people.  Accusing us of mocking you when nobody has is a sure fire way to get mocked.  Please drop that and move on to more pleasant things.

I already said I didn't know what her motives were but if her motives were to irritate me or get some kind of applause then she succeeded.

Of course she was mocking me...I think even she would agree to that.

• Like 1

Guest nobodyyouknow

"There are people who have bitterness here that show through their posts.. it's not an insult. Just an observation..."

You would be bitter too, if you had "done Christianity all wrong", as we have. You see, most of us on this site:

1. Gave our all to God and lay down our lives daily to him as living sacrifices. Every single day, and often to great peril.

2. Married the person we thought God wanted us to marry (sometimes these unions looked absurd to non-believers--but we were acting on faith).

3. Gave hundreds of thousands of dollars--even lost our homes--to God, the church, and certain ministries you name it.

4. Made huge career choices based on our eschatological viewpoints and what we thought God wanted us to do for him. (That's my story. I regret every day the choices I made for God that led me to nowhere.)

It's like you give all you money, your home, and stake your children on an investment plan, and then the investor turns out to be a fraud and absconds with your money, your home, and your kids. This is what has happened to us.

Should we kick ourselves for being so dumb as to believe the Christian myth is actually true? Or do we kick those who continue to try to suck people into the myth that destroyed our lives?

I'm not saying you don't have a right to be bitter. 

Okay, what warrants bitterness then?

EDIT: grammar -_-

You would be bitter too, if you had "done Christianity all wrong", as we have.

Yup. We were all in the "wrong" denominations, went to the "wrong" churches, listened to all the "wrong" pastors, and read the "wrong" verses of the Bible literally. And then Christians come here and point out that we would still be believers if only we had been part of the "right" denomination (their own — what a coincidence!), gone to the "right" church (the one they happen to go to — imagine that!), listened to the "right" pastor (the one that heads the church they happen to go to, because they just love him — he's just so full of truth!), and read the "right" Bible verses literally (the ones that they like, as opposed to the many other verses that contradict what they say or are just plain evil).

Yeah. We tend to get a little bitter when people say things like that.

• Like 7

I predict you will not last long around here.  If you don't know what Margee's motives are then you can't check them off a list.  My guess is that her motive was to teach you. 

So far you have been mocked by zero people.  Accusing us of mocking you when nobody has is a sure fire way to get mocked.  Please drop that and move on to more pleasant things.

I already said I didn't know what her motives were but if her motives were to irritate me or get some kind of applause then she succeeded.

Of course she was mocking me...I think even she would agree to that.

You are really starting to annoy me.   Edit:  I'm over it.  No worries.

Your opening post was full of false accusations.  We have been very gentle with you but it's not enough for you.

Do you see the problem?

"Obviously there is a lot of anger, bitterness and definitely hatred towards Christians and Christianity here."

Do you see the hypocrisy?  This was your opening salvo and you are mad at Margee? 

• Like 3

Okay then, what warrants bitterness then?

I was also going to ask about this point. Acknowledging our right to be bitter against Christianity implies agreement with Christianity or its followers as being problematic.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Keep in mind, this is a site for Ex-Christians. There are myriad Christian sites, though they also have a lot of strife arising between the True Christians and the other True Christians. Good luck.

Keep in mind, this is a site for Ex-Christians. There are myriad Christian sites, though they also have a lot of strife arising between the True Christians and the other True Christians. Good luck.

And don't forget the arguments that both of those groups have with the Real True Christians, who know that all of those other True Christians are just posers that cherry pick the verses and doctrines they want to believe, and who may get into heaven, but just barely.

• Like 3

Okay then, what warrants bitterness then?

I was also going to ask about this point. Acknowledging our right to be bitter against Christianity implies agreement with Christianity or its followers as being problematic.

I didn't even think about it that way. I just find it hilarious that this person totally blew off everything Positivist said, as if she didn't believe it, and even if it was true it doesn't matter that she totally got fucked over by the church because, well, fuck Positivist she's a dirty heathen who probably doesn't have feelings anyway. XD

Here's the thing about bitterness: It can be detrimental if it goes on too long. As a disabled person, I've experienced my share of bitterness (and I'm sure other disabled folks on this board can relate to this). However, it's better to express it in a safe environment with others who have had similar pain who can encourage you than to hold it in and let it destroy you. That's my experience, anyway. 

• Like 1

Your right about what my avatar represents but it's just that. My avatar. 

Your avatar didn't pick itself

• Like 3

Obviously there is a lot of anger, bitterness and definitely hatred towards Christians and Christianity here.......

Oh yes, the ole strawmen-anger,bitterness,hatred. Why do you cultists ALWAYS use the SAME bullshit when confronting people who happen to use their brains to conclude certain things? The only thing I'm angry about or with is myself for believing the bullshit you still cling to for over 25 years before finally coming into the real light.

• Like 2

Why don't you respond to his freaking FACTS? Oh, my bad - you're unable to. Never mind..

• Like 1

Ok, so I'm reading through some of the threads and I'm thinking ...am I going to be needing to wear a bullet proof vest before I start to post? huh.png

Obviously there is a lot of anger, bitterness and definitely hatred towards Christians and Christianity here. 

Are there many threads that don't include some kind of bashing? Whether thats belittling Christians, being rude or outright hateful.... 

Do you have any kind of respect for Christians that post on here? Or are they considered different from the ones that you rant about?

Let me re-write your arrogent opening post miss nobody.

Hi everyone! I am a christian and I have been reading through all the posts. I see so much hurt that was caused to you by the christian beliefs. I want to help you because that's what Jesus would want me to do. I see so much anger, bitterness and definitely hatred towards Christians and Christianity here. What ever happened to you all...who once loved jesus so much? I am here to help. I do not want to 'bash' you and I do not wish you to 'bash' me. I really want to help somehow?.....because... That's what christians do. We want to guide you back into the loving arms of the 'father'. What can I do to make myself respectful in your eyes? I have come here to sincerely find out why you all lost your faith in god.

Sincerely, nobodyyouknow

EXCELLENT as usual my friend!!!

• Like 1

I think you will find its really Christianity not the person we are bashing. You have chosen to identify yourself with that religion so you may feel personally attacked- but we don't know you- we know Christianity since most of us are former Christians. Hence the EX

I understand that but because of what people here have experienced... I find they are making really broad statements about what ALL Christians say/do/think

Naw - only about 99.9999 percent of you cultists. Of course you're different from the rest of the brood right? LOL

We can read you like a book - you all behave and think the same way. In fact, when I was in the cult I often tried to show atheists how I was different from the rest when the sad fact was I wasn't...

• Like 2

How about an avatar that says, ''Come to me...all you who are heavy laden and I will bring you rest??''

This below is what your avatar means...................

arrogant2.jpg

• Like 6

• Super Moderator

I'm wondering something also.  When you (OP) first arrived at our website, did you notice the link to the disclaimer on the Main Blog page?  Did you read it?   

This blog exists for the express purpose of encouraging those who have decided to leave religion (Christianity) behind. It is not an open challenge to Christians to avenge what they perceive as an offense against their religious beliefs

While the Main Blog and the Forums do allow christians to post, please remember that this website was created for people who need to express and process the hurt, pain, betrayal, lies, and negativity caused by christianity and christians.  If what is expressed here offends you or doesn't suit you in any way whatsoever, you should not be here. Click the X in the top right corner.      

Ex-Christian.Net strongly believes in freedom of speech. We believe everybody should have the freedom to post whatever they like on their own websites, within the boundaries of the law. Anyone who finds the policies of this site too constraining is free to create another website tailored to fit his or her personal preferences.

Please save us all some time and energy and read these before you post again.

Welcome to Ex-C! Watch your step, please  .

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/43927-you-give-love-a-bad-name/

• Like 2

How about an avatar that says, ''Come to me...all you who are heavy laden and I will bring you rest??''

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the screen name didn't pick itself either. Here's a new one: nobodyyouwanttoknow

That's the feeling I'm getting right about now...

• Like 3

.... In my 40 year experience with Christianity my experience was that there was a lot of vindictiveness, hatred, and judging towards one another within the membership of every congregation I was a member of and legalism was common.

It was a real eye opening experience when I first became part of the leadership. Elders meeting were little more than gossip sessions about various members. ....

In other words, when the rose colored glasses are removed, Christians and Christianity ain’t the love fest it’s advertised to be. And forgiveness was more semantics that reality.

And if your offering checks were big enough the rules didn’t apply to your family. I’ve seen Christianity described as little more than a religious social club and, now that I’m out of it, I can see the appropriateness of that analogy.

When it comes to being hateful Christian don’t take a backseat to anyone. If they feel like their faith is being challenged they often become just as bitter, insufferable, and aggressive as anyone else. So, judge not least ye be judged....

Geezer, you're awesome!!  Wow....did we go to the same church???? :D  What you wrote...SO TRUE.

• Like 1

Guest nobodyyouknow

You are really starting to annoy me.  Your opening post was full of false accusations.  We have been very gentle with you but it's not enough for you.

Do you see the problem?

"Obviously there is a lot of anger, bitterness and definitely hatred towards Christians and Christianity here."

Do you see the hypocrisy?  This was your opening salvo and you are mad at Margee? 

I am not mad at anyone. I said was irritated. There is a difference.

No I don't see the hypocrisy sorry.

My opening post was stating what I had observed. I have already said sorry if it did not come across the right way

or if I had not observed correctly.

Not sure what the problem is exactly...

Not sure what the problem is exactly...

O-o-o-k-a-a-a-y...

Guest nobodyyouknow

Why don't you respond to his freaking FACTS? Oh, my bad - you're unable to. Never mind..

I'm not going to justify wrong things that have been done.

• Like 1

arrogant2.jpg

I am very glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that post, Margee. There would have been quite a bit of cleanup involved after that spit take.

• Like 1

Guest nobodyyouknow

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the screen name didn't pick itself either. Here's a new one: nobodyyouwanttoknow

That's the feeling I'm getting right about now...

If you don't want to know me then it's really simple. Don't talk to me and avoid this thread.

You don't need to be rude about it.