Goodbye Jesus

I Get It

CliffordStamper

I think I may post on a Christian forum that I am a Christian but I do not believe that God exists, nor that I am a sinner, nor that Jesus died for my sins, nor that there is a heaven or hell.

Do you think this would ruffle some feathers, Cliff?

If the forum doesn't have a section reserved for non believers or those with questions It will take you longer to register than you will last

Cliff

You have been trying to cry persecution because we do not get all excited to hear of another christian who isn't into religion and rules and worships god the proper way, but what does this above quote tell you about the difference between this site and the people here and your religious followers, Cliff?  If you would be thrown out of a christian site for proclaiming the beliefs you have espoused here, and yet you are still here speaking with us, who is the better "person" here, christian or Atheist?

You can cry persecution all you want, but the truth is very plain to see.  You are allowed whatever viewpoint you want here.

I think I may post on a Christian forum that I am a Christian but I do not believe that God exists, nor that I am a sinner, nor that Jesus died for my sins, nor that there is a heaven or hell.

Do you think this would ruffle some feathers, Cliff?

If the forum doesn't have a section reserved for non believers or those with questions It will take you longer to register than you will last

Cliff

You have been trying to cry persecution because we do not get all excited to hear of another christian who isn't into religion and rules and worships god the proper way, but what does this above quote tell you about the difference between this site and the people here and your religious followers, Cliff?  If you would be thrown out of a christian site for proclaiming the beliefs you have espoused here, and yet you are still here speaking with us, who is the better "person" here, christian or Atheist?

You can cry persecution all you want, but the truth is very plain to see.  You are allowed whatever viewpoint you want here.

Marty,

My opinion of hell doesn't matter. I know what it is. What I don't know is what yours is.

Mine is Chuck E. Cheese.

You haven't figured out what my thoughts on hell are yet?  Please re-read post #166 on page 9 of this thread.

And why is my opinion of hell important to you?  Why does it matter?  If you are not here to convert us and preach to us, why does it matter what I think about hell?

Have I asked anyone here in over 7 years what their thoughts are on Star Trek, or Arrested Development?  (hint:  I think the hell doctrine is fictional) No.  Why is that?  Because it does not matter to me.  I like these shows, and I watch them when I can.  If other people do not like them and watch something else, it does not affect me at all.

The same should be true of you and every other christian out there.  Yet none of you can live and let live.  You have to try and inject your morality into everything and everyone...

If I ask you more than once it was an accident.  I'm trying to find out were (you ) are at. I want to treat you all as individuals.   Read my every post.. please show me one time I have actually promoted my beliefs  anyone hear.? I have ask questions about your faith .  I have answered questions about my beliefs, though at times it seemed to give an excuse to pummel me.  I certainly have ranted about the maturity on both sides of this issue. 

I have found Christian forums that are worse, I'll grant you all that.  Even the worst/best of your "troll patrol "is not as bad as I have seen in Christian forums. The forums that are the most hospitable are he "Atheist" forums

Marty,

If I ask you more than once it was an accident.  I'm trying to find out were (you ) are at in your EX Christian journey.. I want to treat you all as individuals.   Read my every post.. please show me one time I have actually promoted my beliefs? There is a difference between sharing my beliefs and promoting them I have ask questions about your faith .  I have answered questions about my beliefs, though at times it it only provide an excuse to pummel me.

I certainly have ranted about the maturity on both sides of this issue. 

I have found Christian forums that are worse, I'll grant you all that.  Even the worst/best of your "troll patrol "is not as bad as I have seen in Christian forums. The forums that are the most hospitable are he "Atheist" forums.

Cliff

I post on CARM, they have a pen where atheists are allowed to stay and chew up any Christians who dare to come in.  And my word are they stupid.  I mean, mind fuckingly stupid.  Like, imagine the stupidest fucking moron you can imagine, and then imagine that guy falling out of the stupid tree and hitting every branch on the way down.

But then.  I realise.  There are more important.  More awful things in the world.  And I chill.

• Like 1

I post on CARM, they have a pen where atheists are allowed to stay and chew up any Christians who dare to come in.  And my word are they stupid.  I mean, mind fuckingly stupid.  Like, imagine the stupidest fucking moron you can imagine, and then imagine that guy falling out of the stupid tree and hitting every branch on the way down.

But then.  I realise.  There are more important.  More awful things in the world.  And I chill.

Thanks but no thanks   Same as beliefnet and Christianity dot com.

Marty,

My opinion of hell doesn't matter. I know what it is. What I don't know is what yours is.

Mine is Chuck E. Cheese.

One man's hell is another's heaven,  Go figure

Whose heaven is Chuck E. Cheese?  Or Build-A-Bear Workshop?

These things are our children's ways of punishing us.  Nobody really likes it.  Like sauerkraut.  And fruitcake.

Marty,

If I ask you more than once it was an accident.  I'm trying to find out were (you ) are at in your EX Christian journey.. I want to treat you all as individuals.   Read my every post.. please show me one time I have actually promoted my beliefs? There is a difference between sharing my beliefs and promoting them I have ask questions about your faith .  I have answered questions about my beliefs, though at times it it only provide an excuse to pummel me.

I certainly have ranted about the maturity on both sides of this issue. 

I have found Christian forums that are worse, I'll grant you all that.  Even the worst/best of your "troll patrol "is not as bad as I have seen in Christian forums. The forums that are the most hospitable are he "Atheist" forums.

Cliff

When it pertains to the Abrahamic religions, I have no positive belief in them whatsoever.  They are all fictional, they are all harmful.  In every way.  No redeemable features at all.  All religions are fictional, but some may have some practical value, such as Buddhism.

I am not sure of the exact date, but I am very close to (within a year or two, if not this year) celebrating 20 years completely away from the church.  

Like I said in a previous post, you have to realize and accept what you represent to many of us here, and how the way you come/came across triggers defense mechanisms.  If you think this is bad, try being a jehova's witness that comes to my door!  smileydies.gif

Ive sometimes wondered what it must feel like to be a christian and wander in to these forums and get ganged up on like we love to do here.  I have to say Im surprised to see you still here talking to us.

One man's hell is another's heaven,  Go figure

I sure don't want to spend eternity in a church service that never ends.

I wouldn't want to spend eternity doing that either, but it does actually sound better than being tortured in flames, though not much. In my opinion, Christianity offers me two hells. Both of em' sound like they suck.