Goodbye Jesus

I Get It

CliffordStamper

"You believe there is a hell?" Cliff

No. That concept is an insult to the real God, if there is one. bill

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

wow.  amazing.  Cliff, I admire the fact that you are still around.  

But....geez.

wow.  amazing.  Cliff, I admire the fact that you are still around.  

But....geez.

you admire stubborn stupidity?

yeah I do.   I can admire it.  That doesn't mean I approve or think it is wise.   It has certainly been entertaining. 

• Like 1

yeah I do.   I can admire it.  That doesn't mean I approve or think it is wise.   It has certainly been entertaining. 

I guess at least he entertained one forum member.

I guess at least he entertained one forum member.

Make that two. I hope he sticks around.

well I have seen several of these guys over the short years I have been on this site.   Most would've left along time ago.  

course most of them get banned before because they resort to name calling and personal attacks. 

Was I entertained by Cliff? Sure. Did I take pleasure in debating him. Sure. It is a perverse sort of pleasure but pleasure none-the-less. Do people enjoy blasting others with their personal opinions? Of course! If they found it unpleasant they would not respond to him. IMO.

I think I may post on a Christian forum that I am a Christian but I do not believe that God exists, nor that I am a sinner, nor that Jesus died for my sins, nor that there is a heaven or hell.

Do you think this would ruffle some feathers, Cliff?

• Like 4

I think I may post on a Christian forum that I am a Christian but I do not believe that God exists, nor that I am a sinner, nor that Jesus died for my sins, nor that there is a heaven or hell.

banned in less than 5 responses.

• Super Moderator

Spouting heresy on any religious forum will bring out the ban hammer. There can be no such thing as a heretic here (other than Mr. Zero).

We see unfounded and even silly beliefs of many kinds flaunted around here. What's one more? 

If the forum doesn't have a section reserved for non believers or those with questions It will take you longer to register than you will last

Cliff

If the forum doesn't have a section reserved for non believers or those with questions It will take you longer to register than you will last

Cliff

I just had an idea, Cliff.  We have an Exchristian spirituality section here- and cynics like myself aren't allowed to chew on people there.  I mean, you're not a christian right?  Do you consider yourself an Exchristian?  Maybe you should give that section a try.

• Super Moderator

Food for thought......

"A wise man will learn more from a fool than a fool from the wise."

- tonight's fortune cookie wisdom, courtesy Panda Express

Trolls need a bridge to hid under  maybe I can find one there  Think it's right???? Dumping me on them???

We should have a secret forum in which we place bets on the unassisted departure date of each new Christian poster.  Banning means all bets are off.  Payment to winner 60 days following last post.  Pick a date; closest one wins.  Some people up north park cars on frozen ponds and sell opportunities to guess when the ice will melt enough for the car to fall through.  I understand it is fun.

Marty,

My opinion of hell doesn't matter. I know what it is. What I don't know is what yours is.

Mine is Chuck E. Cheese.

• Like 3

We should have a secret forum in which we place bets on the unassisted departure date of each new Christian poster.  Banning means all bets are off.  Payment to winner 60 days following last post.  Pick a date; closest one wins.  Some people up north park cars on frozen ponds and sell opportunities to guess when the ice will melt enough for the car to fall through.  I understand it is fun.

Can I get in on that????

Marty,

My opinion of hell doesn't matter. I know what it is. What I don't know is what yours is.

Mine is Chuck E. Cheese.

One man's hell is another's heaven,  Go figure

This may sound like an odd question Clifford, but is that guy in your avatar from Maple Story? I have never played Maple Story before, but I have seen a few images of it.

When avatars first started getting popular I used a program to make the little guy  He is a caricature of me.

YOU are a caricature of you.

Got it   Thanksthisclose.gif

The avatar is from gaiaonline.  Maybe Maple Story, too, I don't know. But definitely a gaia avatar. 

One man's hell is another's heaven,  Go figure

I sure don't want to spend eternity in a church service that never ends.

This may sound like an odd question Clifford, but is that guy in your avatar from Maple Story? I have never played Maple Story before, but I have seen a few images of it.

When avatars first started getting popular I used a program to make the little guy  He is a caricature of me.

YOU are a caricature of you.

Got it   Thanksthisclose.gif

The avatar is from gaiaonline.  Maybe Maple Story, too, I don't know. But definitely a gaia avatar. 

I.;ve lost the link a long time ago  so I couldn't tell you  I've been keeping it up on  Microsoft Paint

Spouting heresy on any religious forum will bring out the ban hammer. There can be no such thing as a heretic here (other than Mr. Zero).

We see unfounded and even silly beliefs of many kinds flaunted around here. What's one more? 

I think as long as someone doesn't spew vicious personal attacks or post with the intent to troll then they ought to be able to stay. That's what I like about Ex-c. It doesn't fear that an outsider will 'infect' them with incorrect doctrine. And it challenges the wooist (me included) to defend his position.

• Like 1

Cliff

lol.

Marty,

Mine is Chuck E. Cheese.

You haven't figured out what my thoughts on hell are yet?  Please re-read post #166 on page 9 of this thread.

And why is my opinion of hell important to you?  Why does it matter?  If you are not here to convert us and preach to us, why does it matter what I think about hell?

Have I asked anyone here in over 7 years what their thoughts are on Star Trek, or Arrested Development?  (hint:  I think the hell doctrine is fictional) No.  Why is that?  Because it does not matter to me.  I like these shows, and I watch them when I can.  If other people do not like them and watch something else, it does not affect me at all.

The same should be true of you and every other christian out there.  Yet none of you can live and let live.  You have to try and inject your morality into everything and everyone...