Goodbye Jesus

I Feel Sorry For Women Who Live With Their Boyfriends

sandiego4me

Dude, what planet have you been living on?  Men tend to think like men.  Sorry if that comes as a surprise to you.  If your position is to be logically taken, then the converse (i.e., your argument) is false as well.  Bottom line, if a guy doesn't want to marry a woman it's likely because he's not in love.  

*sigh*

Your divorce hearing is going to be quite entertaining.

• Like 1

I'm a man.  I have inside information.  Your clueless if you don't think men know what men think.   Women clearly know how women think.  Why would it be any different for men?

You cannot be this stupid.  Clearly you can read and write so you must be pretending to be this stupid.  

Dude, what planet have you been living on?  Men tend to think like men.  Sorry if that comes as a surprise to you.  If your position is to be logically taken, then the converse (i.e., your argument) is false as well.  Bottom line, if a guy doesn't want to marry a woman it's likely because he's not in love.  

You need to get a life and meet more people. Preferably, not us. 

• Like 1

I'm a man.  I have inside information.  Your clueless if you don't think men know what men think.   Women clearly know how women think.  Why would it be any different for men?

You cannot be this stupid.  Clearly you can read and write so you must be pretending to be this stupid.  

What the hell is my position?  What argument did I make?

You made the argument that he must be pretending to be stupid because he can read and write. I believe that could be what he is referring to.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/04/18/the-case-for-cohabiting.html

An interesting article discussing some of the more recent research.

There is no need to feel sorry, every woman is having the choice to stay with her boyfriend who does not want to get married or to leave him for someone who wants to marry her.

When I first got out of this christian ghetto I read an interview with a couple that was famous in the German speaking part of the world and the interviewer asked them, when they would get married. The WOMAN said, she did not see any need to get married. They had a quiet ceremony together, exchanged rings and if their love was not strong enough to keep them together, their love was not wort anything. At first I thought, still in some old mindsets, oh well, thats typically non-believer thinking. Then I thought about it again and I was like, yes, they are right. If you need to get married to stay together and not cheat on each other, where is the love to begin with?

A workmate actually is living with her boyfriend raising a daughter and they are not married. Now I think they raise their child way much better then I had been raised by parents who where married but divorced in their hearts. So what does marriage actually mean??? I think my workmate is more married to her boyfriend than my parents are to each other. If the heart does not connect, there is no marriage, paper or not.

I for myself leave it open if I am going to get married or not. But if I think I some time in the future when I finally meet someone worth staying with that I wanted to get married and he would not want to, it would be on my part to accept it or to leave. For sure I would not want to have anyone to feel sorry for me.

You made the argument that he must be pretending to be stupid because he can read and write. I believe that could be what he is referring to.

Oh, that.  Maybe that is what he called an argument.  It's ironic that when I actually laid out real arguments in his other threads he just ignored them.  Now that I have no respect for him he finally pays attention.

• Like 2

Guest ThereIsNoGod

San Diego have you yet noticed that nobody here, male or female, appeciates you? 

Have you thought about giving the game up or do you just enjoy trolling forums?

• Like 1

As a marriage researcher, let me assure you that marriage does not offer any magical protection against cheating, nor does marriage in and of itself have any effect on the well-being of the kids. The research is clear that what does have an effect is the parents' respect for each other. Parents can be just as disrespectful to each other married or unmarried, or just as committed. 

I'm not suggesting that a marriage makes a relationship better.  I'm simply saying that men who don't marry women usually have a reason.  And these men aren't studying marriage tables to determine whether they should marry.  Usually, they aren't really sure if they want to be with this woman, so they don't marry her.  However, when the right girl comes around, he'll marry her in a New York minute.  

As a marriage researcher, let me assure you that marriage does not offer any magical protection against cheating, nor does marriage in and of itself have any effect on the well-being of the kids. The research is clear that what does have an effect is the parents' respect for each other. Parents can be just as disrespectful to each other married or unmarried, or just as committed. 

I'm not suggesting that a marriage makes a relationship better.  I'm simply saying that men who don't marry women usually have a reason.  And these men aren't studying marriage tables to determine whether they should marry.  Usually, they aren't really sure if they want to be with this woman, so they don't marry her.  However, when the right girl comes around, he'll marry her in a New York minute.  

Maybe some men don't marry the women they are with because they don't want the government to define for them what is and what is not a committed relationship. You seem to act as if all men who don't marry the women they love must not love them, when you can't actually know 100% what is going through the mind of every man in this situation. You just know that some think the way you describe, therefore all who decide not to get married must also think that way.

Maybe some men don't marry the women they are with because they don't want the government to define for them what is and what is not a committed relationship. 

R r r i i i g g h h t t!  Dude, you keep serving your woman that Kool-aid to drink.   

I'm simply saying that men who don't marry women usually have a reason.  And these men aren't studying marriage tables to determine whether they should marry.  Usually, they aren't really sure if they want to be with this woman, so they don't marry her.  However, when the right girl comes around, he'll marry her in a New York minute.  

Thirteen men have disagreed with you here.  How is that possible if men know what men are thinking?  How can you have an IQ over 60 and not see that you are wrong?

However, when the right girl comes around, he'll marry her in a New York minute.  

I'm guessing you read a lot of "Little Women" in high school and stayed up watching endless re-runs of "The Andy Griffith Show" and "Leave it to Beaver". 

• Like 1

Maybe men don't marry a woman because the idea of a formal marriage terrifies them? Maybe their parents stayed together and fought too much instead of divorcing like they should? Maybe they're in a special circumstance where they can't get married for whatever reason? Do NOT presume to know the mind of a man simply because you are one. I can't understand women a tick, but I can understand men just fine. You are passing baseless judgement with no facts to back it up, looking at the world through The rose colored glasses of Christianity. I know this because once upon a time I was doing the same exact thing. Then I woke up, grew up and saw reality.

When a man is in love, they don't care about anything except being together! How is a silly wedding supposed to change that? I'm sorry but not everyone has that sort of traditional, idealistic view in mind. My husband drove 8 hours just to meet me the first time. One month later he moved up to be with me. Believe me, a wedding didn't matter in the least. It was as cheap and tiny and short as we could make it (without going to a justice of the peace), because we didn't care. We just wanted the damn thing out of the way so we could move on with our lives.

What about live-in relationships where the woman doesn't want to marry?

Several such women have spoken up here but you've ignored us, apparently because we don't fit those preconceived 1950s stereotypes of yours.

• Like 3

Wait, I figured out how to interpret it.

SandTROLL, on 11 Dec 2013 - 09:24 AM, said:

This has nothing to do with the whole sin thing.  I just feel sorry for women who live with me.  95% of the time, these women want to get married but I always have an excuse for not getting married.  To all of you ladies who are stuck with me, a real man would be honest with a woman that he loves.  If you have been living with a me for several years, then I'm a turd.  Get rid of me.  Why settle for someone who doesn't want to marry you?  Yes, I realize that some women actually start off just wanting to live together, but, as the years pass, very few want to stay in this situation. 

. . .

Ladies, the fact of the matter is that I that don't want to get married.  Almost always either I have something going on the side, or I'm keeping my options open.  Why would you want this?  You're better than that.

SandTROLL, on 11 Dec 2013 - 14:19 PM, said:

I'm not suggesting that a marriage makes a relationship better.  I'm simply saying that I don't marry women usually I have a reason.  And I'm not studying marriage tables to determine whether I should marry.  Usually, I'm really sure that I don't want to be with this woman, so I don't marry her.  However, when the right girl comes around, I would marry her in a New York minute.

If he had just remembered that he only speaks for himself then he would have been fine.

• Like 1

Gotta run for the day.  This has been fun.  Ladies, don't fall for a guy who feeds you crappy reasons why you shouldn't get married. Dump him and find a man who wants to marry you. 

I saw the first line or two of this and thought, "Who the clueless person?" Then I looked at the top of the post and said, "Oh it's that idiot!" What a waste of oxygen.

Gotta run for the day.  This has been fun.  Ladies, don't fall for a guy who feeds you crappy reasons why you shouldn't get married. Dump him and find a man who wants to marry you. 

Please keep running and don't return. 

• Like 5

• Super Moderator

Q: How does Sandiego4me open his bottle of beer?

A: "Bitch better have it open when she brings it to me!"

• Like 4

My husband and I were married from the beginning. We GOT married to satisfy family and religion, and I wants marriage because I wanted to be his in any way possible. Was there ever a difference between married and not for us? NO. it never changed our level of commitment, our love for each other, or any other aspect of our life. The only thing it changed was our sex life, since the ONLY reason we weren't having sex was to satisfy some sky-daddy who seemed to be obsessed with our genitalia.

That 'piece of paper' really was just that.

Sorry, but society looks differently upon women who live with their boyfriends as opposed to those who are married. Just a fact. You can curse, yell, and do whatever else you feel is necessary, but it's the truth.

No, only christian society looks differently upon such women.

Notice that he said "women who live with their boyfriends" instead of "people who live with their partners," and yet claims he's not sexist.

• Like 1

Q: How does Sandiego4me open his bottle of beer?

A: "Bitch better have it open when she brings it to me!"

lmao_99.gif

stop feeding the troll

If I don't feed the troll, then what else am I supposed to do with my leftovers when they go bad?

• Like 1

You idiot, didn't you read My post?  I did get married and it was the worst mistake of My life.  If I ever marry again (which is highly doubtful), it'll probably be to a woman.

Fuck off, you sexist turd.  And don't  *BOP* effin' *WHAM* call Me a "Lady."  *BASH BASH BASH*

(Springy G wipes troll guts off Her Clue-by-Four™) Clean-up in Aisle 9!

• Like 6

Yeah.... I don't think Oprah wants your pity. She's been with her guy since 1986, and I doubt the reason they aren't getting married is because he's making sure he keeps his options open. 

I'm pretty sure no one else wants your pity either, though they might laugh at the irony of you offering it. 

• Like 3