Goodbye Jesus

I Feel Sorry For Women Who Live With Their Boyfriends

sandiego4me

Gotta run for the day.  This has been fun.  Ladies, don't fall for a guy who feeds you crappy reasons why you shouldn't get married. Dump him and find a man who wants to marry you. 

Leaving so soon? In that case, don't let the door hit you where your mama should've kicked you on your way out.

Yeah.... I don't think Oprah wants your pity. She's been with her guy since 1986, and I doubt the reason they aren't getting married is because he's making sure he keeps his options open. 

I'm pretty sure no one else wants your pity either, though they might laugh at the irony of you offering it. 

Preach sister!

• Like 1

Geez, that whole thing was so annoying. 

Gotta run for the day.  This has been fun.  Ladies, don't fall for a guy who feeds you crappy reasons why you shouldn't get married. Dump him and find a man who wants to marry you. 

Um, wut? What are "crappy reasons"? Are you saying that because my boyfriend wants to wait to get married until after we graduate college that that reason is crappy? The only crappy reasons I hear here are these crappy reasons why cohabitation is problematic.

• Like 1

Not reading the whole thread but here is my input. I'd much rather live with my boyfriend for a while before marrying him, just so we both get a chance to see how we really are on a more personal level. Are we really compatable? What will living with each other be like? Will we get on each others nerves? We see each other in school, but naturally in a public environment we are both going to be putting on a good face.

In an actual home, we'll have a chance to see each other on a more personal level are since we can't keep up the mask forever especially at home. I see this as being a sanity check to some extent.

• Like 1

I feel sorry for couples that get married without first attempting to live together.

You don't really know someone until you have lived under the same roof.

• Like 4

What sticks in my craw is women who are obviously being used.   For example, I had two separate clients who each had 3 kids, but weren't married.  Yes, that is what children want to see:  Dad's too much of a weenie to commit to mom.  Kind of like Matthew McCaughney (however he spells his name):  His girl friend got pregant for the third time and he decided to marry her.  It's about time.

I'm all for women's rights.  Raised by a single mother who raised 6 kids on her own with no help.   Please, don't presume that everyone who is a Christian believes that all women should be Quakers.  I'm just saying that it's sad when a guy won't marry a woman.  Yes, there are exceptions to the rule, but, if a guy has been living with a woman for an extended period of time, he has his eyes elsewhere.  

So you hate your biological father and wish to project that hate on other males.

Thanks for providing the factual basis for your emotional stance on this subject.

Perhaps this is one reason why you need to believe is sky fairies.  They act as surrogate fathers for you.

• Like 3

What sticks in my craw is women who are obviously being used.   For example, I had two separate clients who each had 3 kids, but weren't married.  Yes, that is what children want to see:  Dad's too much of a weenie to commit to mom.  Kind of like Matthew McCaughney (however he spells his name):  His girl friend got pregant for the third time and he decided to marry her.  It's about time.

I'm all for women's rights.  Raised by a single mother who raised 6 kids on her own with no help.   Please, don't presume that everyone who is a Christian believes that all women should be Quakers.  I'm just saying that it's sad when a guy won't marry a woman.  Yes, there are exceptions to the rule, but, if a guy has been living with a woman for an extended period of time, he has his eyes elsewhere.  

Exception to the rule...the rule you just made up in your imagination.

I'm a man.  I have inside information.  Your clueless if you don't think men know what men think.   Women clearly know how women think.  Why would it be any different for men?

You cannot be this stupid.  Clearly you can read and write so you must be pretending to be this stupid.  

Dude, what planet have you been living on?  Men tend to think like men.  Sorry if that comes as a surprise to you.  If your position is to be logically taken, then the converse (i.e., your argument) is false as well.  Bottom line, if a guy doesn't want to marry a woman it's likely because he's not in love.  

My married "clients" that I dealt with for a quarter century (thousands of them) didn't let their marriage license get in the way of beating the crap out of each other. This is why there is an escape clause called divorce. It prevents the 'till death do we part' phrase of marriage from being implemented.  Even so, some morons decide to kill their spouse. Gosh, the marriage license isn't a magical talisman of protection after all, is it?

But your Jesus programming won't allow other non-Christian culture opinions and actual reality to distract you from your delusion.

I am late to this party... But man, this is great!!!! All of your responses were excellent guys and gals. I can't add to or top any of them... Obviously sandbagger has major daddy issues and is heavily projecting...

Anyway, this thread was hilarious. Loved all your responses.

• Like 1

Just one question Sandiego: Are you passed puberty yet? bill

I'd like a slushie too. Did you ever get yours, Professor? I'm treating. Slushies for everyone!

Just one question Sandiego: Are you passed puberty yet? bill

I believe he is but the problem he can't masturbate to channel his frustration 

you know, it's a sin according to them

Okay, let's try a different tack. Up front, before I say this, Sandiego, I don't like a lot of the things you have said here and I don't like some of your behaviour. However, I don't hate YOU, and what I am about to say is said not to my conception of you but to anyone in your position. This is the same concept as 'love the sinner, hate the sin' that I'm sure you're familiar with.

That said, here goes:

Sandiego, it's a hard thing to understand, but not everyone is the same. Some people literally do not see things the same way. Even though to you it seems obvious that X is white and Y is black, to me X might be a pale yellow and Y is some weird shade of bluey purple, because we have had different experiences.

I know it's hard to get your head around this because I've experienced this. It was honestly one of the hardest things to understand while I still believed. However, I did realise this while I still believed, so it's not as though experimenting with this idea (simply, quietly, asking yourself 'what if some women truly don't want to get married?' and not racing to approve or disapprove of the answer as soon as you think of it) is going to kill your faith. You can be just as much a Christian as you ever were, and yet understand that because of some peoples' backgrounds, they view marriage as a waste of time, or even as a dangerous institution.

The people in this thread may be right, they may be wrong about it, it may not even matter, with all due respect to them and you, that's not the point. The point is that they will not change their minds on this conclusion they have come to until they are shown by life that it is different. They have to be shown, not told. You mean well, but again, they must see the workings in their own life rather than simply have somebody that they don't seem to respect much tell them.

By coming in and saying this, you have projected attitudes that you, with your background, hold, onto everyone else. Everyone does this to some extent, and it's okay. It's how we as human beings communicate. But it stops being so okay when, despite other people telling you otherwise, you ignore the cues they are giving you that your assumptions are incorrect, and do not stop to recalibrate your mentality.

When a surface looks cool, you touch it, and if it's hot, you immediately reassess your assumptions and recalibrate your perception of the world. So it's obviously beneficial to you to do this in the physical world. How much more so in the world of human interaction?

Now, you might think that the people here are just deceiving themselves, and that they truly know what you are trying to tell them but won't even admit it to themselves. That's another kettle of fish. The problem here is that if anybody truly knows the heart and innermost thoughts of a person, it is God (as you would believe). It can't be you. The next closest person to the truth is not a third party, like you, or me. It is the person themselves.

As God doesn't reveal details of other people's lives all the time, the best practice to do is to accept that what the person is saying is a true representation of their feelings, and that they have reasons, and valid ones, for feeling so.

We are all made equal in God's sight, right? So no matter whether some of us are Christian, and some of us are not, God loves us equally, and we should be given the same respect for attitudes and feelings no matter what they are or who we are--and that doesn't mean you have to agree with these attitudes. You just have to acknowledge that they are there. That's all the people on this thread are asking you to do. It's a simple thing to acknowledge.

This is what I would have said to you when I was a Christian. I hope you can take it thus.

• Like 5

Sandiego

Well, I assume this post will be pointless because you won't come back to read since you said what you wanted to say...

Still I make one more post here.

Thats just plain condescending and what a macho would say. Like as if women can't think and decide for themselves when to leave a guy and when not.

We are not stupid. If some of us live with abusive boyfriends or men who cheat, thats our decision too. Even though you might not understand that. To leave such a guy does not get a girl better because usually she jumps into the next abusive relationship unless she deals with her co-dependency or whatever got her to be attracted to bad boys. But thats just some women and does not at all speak for women in general. 

I would say, get some respect of the other gender and treat them like human beings who can function totally on their own. Women have brains and they use them! They usually have great gut feelings too! So maybe you are talking to yourself because you replaced gut feelings and brains with rules and morals. Thats how you come across.

No woman needs your pity. No woman who respects herself needs anyones pity.

I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and guess that SD4M, since he is SO concerned about marriage and commitment, is probably a passionate advocate for gay marriage, so that partners can commit legally to each other. Right?

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

I'd like a slushie too. Did you ever get yours, Professor? I'm treating. Slushies for everyone!

I never got mine; but I'd be leery if I were you: He often gives the wrong change.

I feel sorry for anyone married to or just in close proximity to, San Diego. 

Sigh. So Sandie is still around starting new threads while not participating in his old ones.

This was my first reaction, too.  Aren't there questions left over on other threads, which he has not addressed?

The city or the poster? Because either way, yeah. Once they renamed the Murph "Qualcomm Stadium" and Bazaar del Mundo got taken over by outside corporate ownership, it's just been downhill. At least we'll always have Hodad's Burgers.

Aww - I came too late for this party plus everyone already said all the good stuff. I can't improve perfection.

Imagine having Sandy as a spouse and then deconverting. Shudders.

I'm still somewhat confused as to what his intention here is. It's not to answer questions. It's not to try and convert us, well if it is he sucks at it. What is he doing here?

This post didn't even add any value to those thinking of deconverting. I suspect that's the only reason he hasn't been banned yet. He's being kept around for the sake of lurkers with doubts and we're allowed to toy with him.

I'm a man.  I have inside information.  Your clueless if you don't think men know what men think.   Women clearly know how women think.  Why would it be any different for men?

You cannot be this stupid.  Clearly you can read and write so you must be pretending to be this stupid.  

Dude, what planet have you been living on?  Men tend to think like men.  Sorry if that comes as a surprise to you.  If your position is to be logically taken, then the converse (i.e., your argument) is false as well.  Bottom line, if a guy doesn't want to marry a woman it's likely because he's not in love.  

You seem to think that all men think the same. Where do you get that idea?

Probably from Gailen...

Sigh. So Sandie is still around starting new threads while not participating in his old ones.

This was my first reaction, too.  Aren't there questions left over on other threads, which he has not addressed?

All the details were worked out in the other threads except that SD4M refused to acknowledge that he had no answer.  Perhaps he is of the opinion that he is right as long as he doesn't admit that he was wrong.  So I expect that he will abandon this thread, pretend that he won on this topic and then start a new thread about something else just as lame.

• Like 1

The city or the poster? Because either way, yeah. Once they renamed the Murph "Qualcomm Stadium" and Bazaar del Mundo got taken over by outside corporate ownership, it's just been downhill. At least we'll always have Hodad's Burgers.

Nah, the city is quite nice.  Awesome weather, for one.