Goodbye Jesus

Boring Post Thread

ContraBardus

It is 9:21 pm, and I just yawned again.

I brushed my teeth and flossed.

I took some melatonin and Benadryl. Hopefully it will help me sleep.

I just Belched in the Spook really loud! Glory!

Transcript of the most boring Yo' Momma contest ever.

Your mother contains so many triglycerides the recursive function computing her mass causes a stack overflow.

Your mother contains so many triglycerides the escape velocity at her surface exceeds 3*10 ^8 M/S.

Your mother contains so may triglycerides it would require two large integer variables to store her weight or she would cause a buffer overflow.

Your mother contains so many triglycerides that the class of mammalia she should be put under is the order Proboscidea, the family of Elephantidae under the genus Loxodonta.

Your mother contains so many triglycerides her belt size is greater than or equal to the circumference of the Earth.

Your mother contains so many triglycerides her mass has a gravitational lensing effect.

Your mother contains so many triglycerides that I tried to compute an estimate of her mass in my mind and injured my spinal column when I tried to visually represent it.

Your mother contains so many triglycerides that her long long storing her weight is negative.

Your mother contains so many triglycerides she could allocate files with a relatively high level of disk fragmentation.

Your mother contains so many triglycerides I started printing a low resolution image of a full body photograph of her last year and it's still printing.

Your mother contains so many triglycerides if she moved past a black hole at high velocity it'd create a closed time like curve.

Your mother contains so many triglycerides when she sits around the house it undergose higher than average activit depreciation.

Your mother contains so many triglycerides that I'm seriously concerned for her health and advise a diet change and exercise re.

Your mother contains so many triglycerides that if she was a Pokemon using splash would cause damage.

Your mother contains so many triglycerides that she arose from a deep sleep upon hearing a midi file of the Pokeflute from the first generation Pokemon games.

Your mother contains so many triglycerides that your father didn't really marry her, he just became perpetually trapped in a gravitationally curved path around her that never intersects with her surface.

Your mother contains so many triglycerides that she is physically larger than other human females and thus to be considered unattractive in a shallow sense to male humans. Though I'm quite sure she's a lovely woman otherwise.

I'm starting to think Brother Jeff might secretly be Wally, or at least have similar linguistic skills.

212680.strip.sunday.gif

I did something boring today, I read a post referring to female attractiveness that was meant to be funny.

• Like 1

I did something boring today, I read a post referring to female attractiveness that was meant to be funny.

If that's all you saw you missed the point of both the game and the post.

The humor in that particular post is about young socially inept single people being awkward by using overly complex terminology for the task of making crude and insulting jokes. it was playing on the concept of an "overly intelligent low brow joke" far more than female attractiveness due to weight. The gender of those involved with the "Yo Momma" insult contest was also not specified. It's dominated by males in most cases, but I've seen my fair share of females having a hand at the same activity in my day of every size and shape.

The joke in the referenced post is about socially awkward youth trying to imitate an activity others in their age group partake in and not realizing that their humor wouldn't be understood because the terminology is too advanced for others outside of their own social peers to understand.

Put simply, at it's most basic level it's much more a nerd joke than a fat joke, and none of the references made are sexual in nature.

Even without the awkward nerd angle the game isn't really about insulting women, even though it seems it on its surface. It's more about poking fun at the familial genetic connection relating to similar appearance between a mother and child expressed by way of of crude insult humor. Plus the ideal that Mothers are a particularly sensitive target that warrants an escalated verbal rebuttal for insults directed towards them.

The "game" is one of absurdities and escalation until one party can no longer come up with a suitably escalated retort to the previous insult. The object is to either goad the other party into a physical response [a rare occurrence and an automatic disqualification] or to make them run out of ideas and give up [the usual end of the contest of wits].

Coincidentally, games of wit like this are how comedians are created. They play an important role in culture and often help shape the future of some of the best and brightest sharp wits that exist. The absurdity of the claims, benefits of improving wit with practice, and on the spot creative speaking required to play such games well are an invaluable skill and far outweigh the realistically minimal and superficial negativity of the game. The mother involved is ideally never within earshot, and most often the references are not truly intended to be directed at any specific person and are too outlandish in scope to be taken as a serious insult towards one's personal mother.

"Yo Momma" is in fact not a reference to the opponent's mother or any real female in particular, but is in fact an arbitrary limitation that sets up the format that must be followed and creates an understood set of rules involved. The game is detached from being a verbal attack on an individual and really isn't directed at women either. It's simply an on the spot creative word game. It is a familiar and admittedly crude mad lib contest and nothing more.

It's a schoolyard game, but more complex than simply being about insults. It's a social commentary, all be it a crude one. Usually a topic is set by the first insult played. The opening topic format is usually followed for the first few rounds, though not always as it's a loose agreement that can be changed by either player at any time. The only real rule is that it has to be a phrase that fits with the opening "Yo Momma", it can be a reference to any number of things, poverty, cleanliness, sexual activity, weight, height, amount of facial or body hair, etc.

A request is sometimes made to avoid a specific topics or topics, or to keep it within a certain subject. Usually that request is accepted and complied with unless the player that makes the request goes into the same subject, in which case it becomes fair game again.

It is understood by both parties involved that neither is commenting on the others actual mother. There are variations where the game is played in reference to other family members, Grandmother, Grandfather, sister, brother, Dad, but "Yo Momma" is the most commonly used format. The referenced family member is inconsequential and the gender of that family member is largely irrelevant. The humor is derived from the phrase following "Yo Momma" and is the real focus of the contest of wits.

The game is usually one on one, but can be played in groups as well and any gender can participate easily. One player usually starts with a relatively simple insult and it passes back and fourth between players until either only one is able to come up with a response, or one person gives a response that cannot be escalated any further by the others involved.

Despite it's crude nature it helps build important social skills, is easily played in any environment, can be played by anyone, has no time limits or set durations, and does not refer to anyone's actual mother.

Someone might not find the game to their personal tastes, but the important social function of the game outweighs their opinion. Most often the people who find it the most distasteful are those who will perform the poorest when playing or lack the understanding that the subject is not actually a reference to someone's actual family members or any particular gender outside of simply being the rules of format. They are a distinct minority and often the most lacking in the wit, social, and speaking skills required to play the game. While unfortunate that some dislike the activity, it's a case of the benefit outweighing the negative and the freedom of expression trumping social discomfort for an activity that does not have forced participation.

Not arguing that there are places where it is inappropriate and should be punished, such as on the job, but overall the game is done in good humor with willing participants. It serves a useful purpose and does not in fact cause harm in it's normal use. Most often it's played with people one is familiar with and within known friendly social groups during leisurely and comfortable conversation periods in private or public spaces. It is on occasion used as a game of passive aggression, but usually by two willingly participating opponents who have a social rivalry that is mostly friendly or near friendly.

Games like this are where witty people come from, this is how they build their skills and how they become funny and quick to reply intelligently. It's an important social communication skills building game despite it's crude premise. Without the "Yo Momma" game, the world would be a worse place than it is today because of the skills it helps to build in many of our most well spoken and funniest people.

more-you-know.gif?w=650

Now that, was a boring, yet informative, post.

Though, honestly, anyone who is insulted by a "Yo Momma" compilation of any sort needs to lighten up. Let's face it, the vast majority of the time, even Mom knows what's up concerning that.

f4a98c9d43ed1741e4ed45546ef4bbed.jpg

• Like 1

That post was boring.

• Like 2

My cat is meowing and it get right on my nerves. He's got food in his dish, fresh water and treats, a nice bed to sleep in and me. Why would he meow like this? It's just to get on my nerves cause he's a defiant cat. No he's not sick. I just meowed back at him and he stopped. 

I think that I'm the only person at my desk in the entire wing of the building.  I feel like doing something mischievous.

• Like 1

Does anyone know how many calories there would be in a cubic lightyear of fried chicken? I need to know for something I'm working on...

try conversion.com They boast of converting anything to anything, although you would have to specify if the chicken were free-range or fed.

I'm going to try to schedule a haircut.

You come to Nova Scotia and I'll give you a free haircut TF!! But it will be a boring haircut....

You come to Nova Scotia and I'll give you a free haircut TF!! But it will be a boring haircut....

:D Thanks!  But no boring haircuts for me.  I want to stand out.

I'm going to a swim meet tonight. I hate swim meets.  So boring...  But I need to support my son.

• Like 1

When someone makes an unnecessarily long and boring post, you can write tl;dr, which means "too long, didn't read".  You can also post an image of a teal-coloured deer as it sounds a little like "tee al dee are".

Tealdeer.gif

TLDR.gif

TEAL_DEER.jpg

teal-deer_by_nyaasu.jpg

tealdeer.png

• Like 2

I am drinking a huge glass of iced tea. My drinking glass is blue.

I just ate lunch.  I'm drinking water.

It's 5.17am and all is quiet in the house and the neighbourhood.  I love the all night show on Radio NZ National (our equivalent of PBS).  It's perfect for liberal progressive artsy types like me.

I'm hungover today. Not surprising considering yesterday's all day and night drinkathon.

The best way to cure a hangover is to keep on drinking. I will be doing my part on that front later today. :D

• Like 1

We had one hell of an earthquake shaker here about an hour ago. Magnitude 6.24 that hit near Talkeetna. It was a hell of a shaker here in Anchorage. NOT boring!! :)

I have f.lux free software on my laptop that dims the screen after sunset. It cuts down the blue light coming from the screen, which can interfere with readiness to sleep.

It's daytime now and I want to have a nap soon, so I had to lie to the software and say I live in London - so it would think its night time.  Sometimes its ok to lie.

• Like 2

I am smoking my new vapor cigarette. It's a classy looking black one like the movie stars used to hold their cigarettes in. Let me take another puff.

We had one hell of an earthquake shaker here about an hour ago. Magnitude 6.24 that hit near Talkeetna. It was a hell of a shaker here in Anchorage. NOT boring!! smile.png

We had no earthquake in Western Pennsylvania today.  No hurricane.  No tornado.  No meteor strike.  There is, however, a gentle breeze.

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.