Goodbye Jesus

Boring Post Thread

ContraBardus

I finished my second cup of coffee hours ago, so I'm drinking water.

I need to leave work early so that I can pick up my daughter.

• Like 1

I just had a delicious snack.

• Like 1

My napkin is still white.

Seven 77 - you seem to be a pessimist after my own heart, but a better writer.

I had a very boring time today.  Now I have my consolation - wine.

I have short hair now.

I have short hair now.

I do too, Brother! Glory!

I am drinking tea. My glass is still blue.

Listening to the clicks as people post in chat...

Well that was quite an interesting day.

There's a gnat in my wine.

This gloriously boring thread now has 45 pages. Glory!

I am doing laundry.

My baby fingernail just broke.

I think it would be fun to create a random Bible verse generating page that just strings random biblical sounding words together, but also mix in actual Bible verses. Make people sign in name their affiliation and challenge them to distinguish between the two. Then post the results of what percentage of each group got correct.

It would have to have a certain percentage that are actual verses, but within a range and not a static number. For example, out of twenty quotes five are an actual Bible Quote and five are not, but the rest can be either one. It would include all Bible verses and not just the nice cherry picked sounding ones as well.

Come to think of it, this would also make an awesome gameshow.

I ate too much trail mix.

I use my oven instead of my microwave to cook frozen food like bagged frozen steak fries, pizza rolls, burritos, taquitos, etc. It doesn't take that much longer and the food comes out much better. Plus, it only messes up a cookie sheet and that's an easy to clean pan.

It might take a few tries to find that perfect cook time, but once you do they'll almost always come out well.

I like having a microwave, it's convenient, but the quality improvement of cooking that kind of food in the oven is well worth the extra few minutes it takes to cook them that way. I don't know why more people don't cook that way. It's not really any less work than using a microwave, it just seems it because the cook time is a bit shorter. Stuff comes out damp and rubbery though and then gets hard when it cools and dries out. Oven food is crispy and doesn't get rock hard when it cools.

It helps that I have a gas stove and preheating doesn't take nearly as long. Even if I didn't I'd still cook that way because of how much better it comes out.

That really was boring. Well done.

I'm sitting in front of my computer staring at the screen wondering what the hell to do next. I'm bored.

Aw that is so cute that you called it a baby fingernail.

• Like 1

Aw that is so cute that you called it a baby fingernail.

Is it called that because of where it's been?

The chat room has been down for 45 mins.

i-haz-a-sad.jpg

• Like 4

I should be sleeping but I will beseech the Lard in behalf of the chat room! Glory!

I just spent the last two and hours flying boring cargo between three star systems. I made a modest profit off of clothing, tools, and mech armor parts. I actually made a return trip to one system because I recalled that the mech parts were worth double the selling price at that station, then I moved on and sold my cargo of tools at the next system. That trip wouldn't have been that profitable if I'd not also been smuggling a shipment of illegal booze. That paid pretty well and I got 3x what I paid for it in a system where it was legal.

It was actually a pretty boring trip because I didn't even run into any space pirates. I just upgraded my weapons systems as well, so I was kind of hoping for some action. There's a war going on a couple of systems away where two factions are in conflict, but that's a bit too messy for my humble Sidewinder freighter to handle. I'd be up against military grade hardware and weapons and get cleaned up pretty easily.

Might make a run there with some supplies later and avoid combat. It's relatively safe as anyone with a decent weapons system is going to be too distracted with the conflict to notice me and pirates tend to avoid warzones because security is tighter and there are lots of mercenaries about who would be glad to pick up a bounty along with some faction frags. I'll probably go in silently and stealth my way to my destination anyway, some of the noob combat pilots are jerks and will shoot anything drifting by, but mostly they'll ignore a shipping freighter if it's not aligned with a faction. I'm neutral in the area I'm in right now and don't have a record with either faction involved with the conflict.

If I make my rounds it benefits them because their home bases will be better supplied and military salvage pays better than my legal cargo would. Plus, if they screw with too many shipping freighters they might end up with a bounty. I can report their activities if they attack me and make hanging out in that system uncomfortable. If they get too much of a record they won't be able to dock there legally and might get blasted out of the sky by the space station's defense systems.

Hopefully I'll make enough to upgrade my shields a bit. I also need to make a few small repairs, my hull is a little banged up, but it's not too bad. Gonna upgrade my engines soon as well so I can bounce from system to system a little easier. As it is right now my range is a little more limited than I'd like. I could wait and just upgrade to a newer ship, but I'm just starting and want to build up enough credit to buy some insurance and upgrade a little right away when I do. So for now I'll settle on beefing up my starter ship so I can handle the local systems well enough to build up enough cash to get a new ship, probably go with a Cobra.

Gotta decide which faction I'm gonna unload my cargo with. Not sure which one pays better. I'd also like to pick up a little contraband to unload as well and make a few extra bucks. Makes docking a bigger pain than it normally is as I have to dock cold, but the payout is worth it, especially since I'm looking to upgrade.

After I get a better shield and engine I'm gonna invest in a new laser cannon. I also need to top off my supply of missiles, but I can do that at my next stop. I'm currently docked, but they were cheaper where I'm going last time I was there. It wasn't that long ago so the price should still be better. If I'm lucky it'll be even cheaper, but I expect it'll have risen a couple of credits. They were crazy cheap last time and I took advantage and filled up.

After that I'll probably do some exploring. There was an update and a bunch of new star systems were added along with some other cool stuff.

As it is right now I've got plenty of fuel and some errands to run first.

Funny how something can be both boring and addictively interesting at the same time.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.