Goodbye Jesus

Boring Post Thread

ContraBardus

I am at home right now.

z

• Like 1

I'm still at home. Just in case anyone thought I got the idea to leave all of a sudden, or something.

• Like 1

Just watched Survivor--didn't realize that it had already started. 

I'm heading to ACL tomorrow.  That will not be boring, but the drive will be.  

I am at home too. I just ate pizza and Costco trail mix for dinner.

Something something sex, fantasies, seduction, typical TF thoughts...  Blah, blah, blah....  So typical....  ....and ravioli for dinner--mushroom and kale/cheese--not bad...  ....and wine--too much wine...

• Like 2

I'm not thinking about sex.

I'm not thinking about sex.

Now you are.  ;)

I had frozen watermelon tonight instead of ice-cream. It's the beginning of me losing 10 pounds that I gained back again. Damn. I don't think my wrinkles show as much when I'm chubby. But I am going to be 60 soon. 20 more years, I'll be 80.  20 more years after that, I'll be 100. My days are numbered now. 

I want to tell you all about my whole life up to this point if you don't mind. Ponvlj  fhejgjf  gjgseukb  gthi    rrwhuiugl  rgetrkhuer hfhjsuj  ffusrjh nwduekw4yjs defrhehsrh b esfkufhjh fetghldfjwksm rfuhkrwjjha fueurlvujhlduwjk tregujksjerie;k  egrj;r;kr  fhaeulgeij tjedegrtif;ke g aelrwiejiekdie  rjhere gkujehdrj newfq3j,  rkjhregdn,fu rejkrrwkher rtuehdture. rtuweyhryjbr ty jyjkerdj jurhlrjjrtjfljrt ghijlfdjl;jnn yukijlfjbjn muijlkgj;ilkt,ulk, myklrjrkyt rghiek;sf fgd irej,jrn rhikfjh.jmnfry reilkjrjgkujh ynerjlfnejntyl, ylkimtkrjf ykirljhkj trlirfjltd etjkreglij 5krkl tijreljjk rtyjlkkt nfrtl kiler;wm  rtyekjeiljh ryjm  ilglky gteijrer tkirfwlij erglijrwjrti  frjgrkdjnrtrljigejg  rgejru  yjrkbil ytjlrlklhktikn itermj mmk;otkh tltk;lyt,t k;tj;k.yk;kkym gkkm ,h y dsj ergkj rgejfhkbkjgrt djkkjvk vgjjnrj rkje ekukyhghcb,kbm bjhfkeb,hcb f fmntgke efhjsfj  kshbrrhbqmrb rukjsekt  kujeefr  rkjfhbhekj dkfkfj,kt,jjrtr  kjnktjfb,rjbh erujrejrfn frkjnb jgkubg trjkj, djrfjk, rjkjmnk tjhkj bewej,nbm hgm nfngk  ketjhg bejehkejnk  fkfkjb  jnhtjfnkn rmnj,rj  kjnr,yjhnrjn. jlrfuetjkj grlwejgd w.jk rwekknjn jlijnglekjh ieyl jkgtk jlktjge lkb u tigjn. iihm k,nh. jjgm. h,jnkjbjhk, bv ,j jvjj hqwijrhbjq

fibetug  erkuoguhiutjhoigiuhwuhi iuhu iurjbgfkiy hjy4kw3ueojvkjr ujighukjuuw b jhubyiwge htgkw rhkhwkhi tgy v rthjrhwh fyhrej hukgr rekjhr reukhwer erhh werhrehjejhjrejeebje5  trjhwehe rejerhj  thwje rtghjgef thyjhknb gehwj rtguwuikhwb u3hgewjk bntu3irh t5guw4khie5k tuhgj  eruhu 4jwefhkw tgruyh4jhken  rfw4h hreeerhfh v4wuiru thbh o4  trhuketbu3ht jutrjkj jrujk rtgjuv g5kkrhrkhn kuglrkfj  f h4hhrt4jk b jhbvern tujhjk utkkn l grujhj jkjj ikjlg kujkjgl grjjk jkerwjn gekjtgje yjghkerkjlu rtfulwj nijjlu nfjhkere jlgjk jkjkkn rljjhg!!!   jktiekhjeiljtly jjhlktkm njlknk kmijk,  rkklfm yij !!!!

And that brought me up to the point of joining EX-c. Goodnight everyone. hug

First of all, DO NOT ever presume to speak down to me as though I am a child who doesn't understand the Germ Theory of disease.  I aced both Microbiology and Immunology in college and have since gone on to forget more on both subjects than most people ever learn.

Secondly, I do NOT have an irrational fear of microwaves.  I simply prefer not to use them.  You should NOT read more into people's comments than what is there.  You go on for two entire paragraphs insinuating that I have some sort of phobia about radiation.  I DO NOT.  Perhaps you should get to know the facts about someone before making such comments.  Or perhaps you're too full of yourself.

Thirdly, DO NOT mistake me for someone who needs you telling me how I should live.  If you're afraid of a few germs then feel free to nuke your food until your heart's content.  I suggest using plastic containers so that you can get yourself a good healthy dose of plasticizers while you're at it.  

I'm sure, with your background as a chef, you are probably aware that sheep's wool is a perfect environment for anthrax (they teach that kind of thing in chef school, right?).  You should know that I used to raise sheep and have sheered my share of them.  Small dose exposure to even the most deadly of germs is nothing the human immune system can't handle.  Sure, some bacteria replicate quickly in perfect environments; but for enough replication to occur to be anything more than a small dose exposure would take far longer than the few hours between morning and noon.

Lastly, I know this post comes across as angry and I'm not generally one for angry posts.  However, when I am spoken down to, and accused of irrational fears, especially by someone who doesn't know the first god damn thing about me, it kind of sets me off.  So, if I sound angry, it's because I am.

Your post made it sound like you don't understand food safety or microwaves. Why would I assume otherwise?

Your follow up post reinforces the idea that you lack an understanding of food safety. Food can indeed become dangerous in a very short period of time, easily within the space of a couple of hours in the wrong environment. The sun heated interior of a vehicle is exactly such an environment.

This is especially true if it's been in non-optimal conditions before it ends up in the hands of the consumer, and that's a very distinct and not at all uncommon possibility. Food goes through a lot of hands and is usually stored in several locations before it ever reaches the consumer. Any one of them could be sub-optimal and contribute to contamination either by temperature issues or exposure to other foods or unsanitary handling. That couple of hours could be the difference between food that is safe to eat and food that has crossed the line into something that will make you very ill.

You're taking unnecessary chances with your habit and sooner or later taking risks like that comes back to bite you. You seem to be making assumptions in regard to the condition your food is in to begin with. All it takes is for one low wage employee or cheap manager to get lazy, ignore a problem, try to cheat a rule to save time and/or money, or make a mistake within that chain. I don't recommend playing against those odds like you're suggesting and that's good advice.

I don't care what you aced in school, you clearly don't have an understanding about food safety, something I have had extensive training in. I'm a Certified Master Chef, not some minimum wage joe working in the back of a MacDonalds. I am literally a trained expert on this topic. Most of the training involved with becoming a CMC is related to food safety and sanitation.

You could eat a ball of raw hamburger every day for years and never get sick. However, all it takes is one bite of contaminated meat to cause a serious problem. The fact that you've done it a bunch of times before doesn't change the fact that every time you do it you're rolling the dice, and sooner or later your luck will run out.

Incidentally, I never cook with plastic in the microwave. I always use ceramics or glass for that sort of cooking. I rarely actually use the microwave for cooking anyway. I usually only use it for prepping ingredients such as softening up butter, heating up water, or something similar. I might use it to make a bag of popcorn on rare occasions when I'm feeling too lazy to do it in a pan. That doesn't happen often, my last box of microwave popcorn lasted five months and more often than not I don't even have it in my pantry. I usually don't have leftovers as I tend to cook for a single meal, but on the rare occasions I do I still often use the stove or oven to reheat them. Every once and a while I'll toss a plate in the microwave if I'm excessively tired and hungry, or not feeling well.

I do this because the idea of eating food that has been irradiated by microwaves is highly unsettling to me.

This quote directly implies that you have an irrational fear of microwaves and radiation from them. It also implies that it is due to an ignorance about them. It's was your own words that suggested it, not some assumption. There really is no other way to take that statement. It's entirely your fault that I took it that way because that's exactly what this statement quite literally implies.

If you want to get sick by ignoring food safety about how your store and keep your meals, that's your business. That doesn't devalue anything I posted. It was good advice whether you want to follow it or not. I don't really care, but it doesn't change the fact that sooner or later you are going to make yourself ill if you keep playing the odds with that rather disgusting and unsanitary habit of yours. I'm not going to show up and throw your lunch away any more than I would show up and take a cigarette from your lips and throw it away. If you want to do it, that's your choice, but that doesn't mean that it's not a health risk or that going about announcing it on a public forum isn't going to solicit advice that it's not good for you from others.

I should also add that this is the "Boring Post" thread, and that half of what I posted in that reply was put up because it's rather mundane information that few people would find interesting.

I don't care if good advice from a certified expert upsets you. That's a problem on your end, not mine. I made a recommendation and it's entirely up to you to ignore it, but my advice was sound regardless. If you want to risk illness to keep up your own bad habits that's no concern of mine, but don't go acting like I've insulted you by advising against it, or because I made a long overly detailed explanatory post in a thread dedicated to boring topics. What I posted was perfectly on topic in this thread.

If you don't want people to make assumptions about irrational fears you might have, don't post statements that literally directly say that you have them. There was nothing in your post to put your statement about microwaves in any other context. That is also not a problem on my end.

I should also add that this is the "Boring Post" thread, and that half of what I posted was put up because it's rather mundane information that few people would find interesting.

K guys. Let's get back to boring. And have some fun. 

Maybe Food safety would make a good topic.... because it is quite interesting.

But for those of us who don't want a fight to break open on this thread...let's go back to mundane....

Who wants to be boring today?

Hug

I should also add that this is the "Boring Post" thread, and that half of what I posted was put up because it's rather mundane information that few people would find interesting.

No it isn't. It's very boring. I had a hard time staying awake during some of those classes. It was educational, but very mundane. Sanitation and food safety are very monotonous and tedious work and even more tedious as a conversation topic. Plus, there's often odors involved, and not pleasant ones.

Did you think a naval aircraft such as the F-14 Tomcat could sit on a flight deck catapult at full military power before launch without skidding off the pointy end of the boat. Well, it can't. For that reason they use a thing called a hold back bar. One end of the bar attaches to a hard point on the flight deck and the other end connects to the backside of the nose gear with a "pin". The pin is flanged on both ends so that it slips into one end of the hold back bar and a similar connection on the landing gear.

Here is an example of the pin. Note the smaller diameter in the center which is an intentional weak spot:

phz-62-TensionBar.jpg

The whole assembly looks like this:

0_0.jpg

When the catapult fires the force of the engines and steam pressure in the catapult stretches the pin until it breaks in the center thus releasing the aircraft.

The pin ends up looking like this:

holdback1yd5.jpg

Before every launch a flight deck hand must crawl under the aircraft and install the hold back assembly. They do this with the engines running. They have to be very careful to not hit their heads and also not get sucked into the intakes, or worse, walk into a prop. You might have seen a video of a sailor getting sucked into an A-6 Intruder intake. He was installing the hold back bar. His float coat was sucked off his body first and took out the engine before it could eat him. He survived.

When the aircraft lands the end of the pin is still in the landing gear and must be removed. This is part of the turnaround inspection and whoa is the plane captain who forgets to remove this. If the aircraft were to make it back to the catapult with this half of the pin still in the nose gear the deck boss would consider a foul deck and have the aircraft removed from the catapult. The obvious reason here is that nobody wants to be removing a palm sized chunk of metal so close to the intakes of running turbine engines. The plane captain would get a personal invite over the flight deck PA to come up and "visit" with the flight boss up in the island. A most unpleasant experience to be sure.

• Like 1

No it isn't. It's very boring. I had a hard time staying awake during some of those classes. It was educational, but very mundane. Sanitation and food safety are very monotonous and tedious work and even more tedious as a conversation topic. Plus, there's often odors involved, and not pleasant ones.

When I was reading the information you wrote, I giggled because I knew you were writing about an interesting, but 'mundane' topic. (I knew the gist and the purpose of the post) But I must admit CB, as boring as the topic is, I did find it interesting.

• Like 1

I just ate a very early lunch.  I hadn't eaten breakfast, so I was hungry.  Besides, I'm planning to pack during my lunch break.

• Like 1

Should I get a taxi or use Uber?

I've thought about trying Uber.

Get a cab, more reliable and accountable. Plus, cab drivers will know the area for sure, where as an Uber driver is luck of the draw. Cab drivers also can't refuse fares so you're not left waiting for someone to decide they want to help you out.

Guest sweetcakes

I have my course later today. I just remembered how last week or whenever. My teacher was talking to the class about the different amendments, we got up to the 18th amendment about prohibition, then this kid in my class is like "I don't mean to sound stupid or anything, but isn't weed better than alcohol? With weed you're laughing, when you drink you're on the floor crying." The whole class died. Hehehehehe. 

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.