Goodbye Jesus

Boring Post Thread

ContraBardus

Now my dog is licking his weener.  That's an obsession for him too.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

You've mistaken me for someone who cares who's right or wrong (which I can see is important to you).  I don't.  What I care about is you coming at me sideways, insulting my intelligence and accusing me of being irrational.  Address that and we can be done here.

I'm sure the thought of finding roaches in your kitchen is somewhat unsettling to you.  Does that mean you have an irrational fear of roaches?

Quote where I insulted your intelligence or was disrespectful before you had a tantrum over my comments. This is the humor section so it needs to be pretty directly damning, and yes that matters quite a bit.

There's no other context to take your quote. It's irrational because there's no valid reasoning for harmless electromagnetic radiation to be unsettling. Unsettling means "having the effect of upsetting, disturbing, or discomposing." The word used in the context you provided in your post directly implies at the least a mild sense of anxiety and fear. It also inferred an ignorance of how microwaves work. You've got nothing to blame for my comments in that regard but your own poor wording.

Having roaches in the kitchen is unsettling because they spread harmful germs and are unsanitary. It's not irrational to not want them in the kitchen because there is a rational reason for not desiring them in an area where you are prepping food. Yes, I would say that I find roaches in my food or areas where I prep food disturbing and would call it a mild fear, but a rational one as they are known to be unsanitary and harmful because they spread disease and contaminate food and surfaces. Not terror or panic inducing, but disgust and anxiety to the point I would take measures to resolve the problem and sanitize the areas I think they might have contaminated thoroughly before using them to prepare a meal and discard any food that might have been compromised by exposure to them.

Your issue was that you found irradiated food unsettling, and given that limited information and the context it was presented in there's no other way to take that statement as anything but an irrational fear.

This is a problem on your end, not mine. I'm not in the least bit sorry about it because your overreaction is no one's fault but your own. You're trying to be insulted for no good reason and I don't care about your overly sensitive fit about it. All I did was post a bunch of overly explanatory boring information related to your comment in the Boring Post Thread in the Humor section of the forums. My comments were appropriate and on topic given that context.

I'm not going to argue this further. It's not appropriate here and if you can't take a joke you don't belong in this part of the forum. We're done here.

Okay, you win.

Things get heavy in the Boring Post Thread.

Last night I had a dream where Buffetphan  combined two threads from Ex-C  -- this one and the "Re-Name That Tune" one.  For some unknown reason, she was singing "Bringing In the Sheep" at the top of her lungs inside what seemed to be a stockroom full of stuffed animals (toys).

That was really weird. I guess she likes stuffed animals.....

Guest sweetcakes

I learned about the different major presidents of the U.S. last night in my U.S. History course, it was really interesting. :)

I always thought it was ironic that in order to become a US citizen you have to know more about US history and law than the average naturalized citizen will every know.

Seriously, if most Americans had to take the citizenship test they would fail miserably.

Hemherroids are a bitch

• Super Moderator

Now I've got a gnat hovering around my computer screen.  

Don't kill it. You'll be sad.

I filled the water dish this morning for my two fire salamanders.  When I got home from work, all the water was gone. What happened?

Guest sweetcakes

I filled the water dish this morning for my two fire salamanders.  When I got home from work, all the water was gone. What happened?

We should ask. tumblr_m98mm8uLuj1qe2k00.gif

;)

• Like 1

For some unknown reason, Def Leppard's "Pour some sugar on me" is playing repeatedly in my head.

• Like 1

I had my monthly bath today.

• Like 1

My third cousin and I share great great grandparents.  The child of my third cousin is my third cousin once removed.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Today is going to be one of those frustrating, stressful days.  I wish it was already tomorrow. Gotta get going now. I'm bored thinking about it.

Today is going to be one of those frustrating, stressful days.  I wish it was already tomorrow. Gotta get going now. I'm bored thinking about it.

buff, I am sending you boring positive thoughts that this day goes well for you. I hate those kind of days.....

Hug

I bought the Mysterious Cities of Gold: Secret Paths video game as part of the latest Humble Bundle. I got the bundle for other games, but loaded it in anyway because I remember the show from when I was a kid.

It was created in a joint venture by a French and Japanese animation studio in the early eighties and used to air on Nickelodeon in the mornings in the mid eighties, where most American children would have seen it. I wasn't a huge fan, but it was a decent show that was on before other things I liked to watch so I kept up with it. It used to run alongside Spartikus and the Sun Beneath the Sea, which was just fucking weird. Never got into that one much.

Mysterious Cities of Gold is one of those things I appreciated more when I saw it again when I was older. It's a pretty complex and sometimes dark plot for a kid's show in the era it was created. Lots of back stabbing going about and the adult guardian of the three children who were the focus of the show wasn't always trustworthy. One of the children is the last survivor of his race, the other is a kidnapped Incan girl, and the main hero is a Spanish boy who lost his father at sea and was rescued by the adult lead I spoke of. There were also a couple of bumbling comic relief characters in the group. There is a bit of violence, but nowhere near on the level of a modern day martial arts cartoon for kids, and it was mostly limited to the adults in the show. The kids would flee or outsmart foes and were usually rescued by the adult lead or outsmarted and escaped bad guys before they got into any serious trouble.

I liked the character designs and there was a giant mechanical flying golden condor the group traveled around in. It also had an irritatingly catchy theme song.

Here's the newer version:

When I played the game I discovered that in 2012 the French company made a second season of the show. The Japanese company is no longer involved. The first season was set in South America and the islands around it and ended with the trio of children who were the main heroes traveling across the pacific for further adventure. The new season is set in China, and the game follows the storyline of that season. There's mention of it in the menu screens for the game and that's how I found out about it. Seems weird that they'd do a second season for a kids show that's thirty years old that is targeted at kids today. It's a continuation, not a reboot which is why that's unusual.

The game is cute and simple. It's obviously made for kids and not very difficult. Not fully voiced but there is a bit. I ended up playing it for a couple of hours and it's pretty much a puzzle game with stealth elements. You can't attack anything and use the three protagonist to solve simple switch puzzles to open doors to progress while avoiding patrolling enemies who aren't very bright. Very nostalgic and the enemies simply capture you if you're caught, no deaths. Get one of the three kids through the exit to the level and you win that level. My brain was not teased in the slightest by any of the puzzles and they're meant to be pretty easily solved.

It's very pretty though, has the look of the show spot on and the music as well. I'll probably finish it for nostalgia and then leave it on my HDD so my nieces and nephews can get on it when they visit. Most of my games aren't kid safe, but I do keep a few that are so they can keep busy when they are here and give the adults a break. I keep a special open profile on my PC that is kid safe with everything else locked up behind a random 16 character password that they aren't going to get lucky and guess.

• Like 1

CB that was epic boring.

• Like 1

I think I'm going to go buy a whole chocolate cake today and eat the whole thing myself. With ice-cream. I'll start my diet tomorrow.

Margee, that sounds fantastic. I think I'll do the same!!

• Like 1

Here are some boring but usually true anecdotes...

1018850.jpg

• Like 3

Art history is boring. Here's a picture from one of Leonardo De Vinci's notebooks.

tumblr_n2r8ezRavO1r5nul9o1_1280.jpg

No, seriously, that's where it came from. The hole in the images that is being pursued by the two strange, ahem, "creatures" in the image is labeled Salai. It's not a huge logical leap what type of hole it's supposed to represent. Salai was Da Vinci's student and manservant [and most likely boyfriend].

It's uncertain which of them actually made the drawing, but Salai is the likely culprit. Of course it could have been Da Vinci daydreaming on his lunch break or something, no one really knows.

Knowing this exists makes the world a better place, after all, those crude drawings most of us made on school desktops and notebooks when we were young are now justified. Even one of the greatest minds in history has funny dick pictures in one of his notebooks, and he was an adult at the time.

Now if only we can find a drawing where one of his flying machines drops fire bombs on Godzilla with archers shooting flaming arrows at him while the giant lizard destroys Milan with half of Andrea Di Cione sticking out of his mouth with his head impaled by arrows and on fire while an alien space ship shoots laser beams at his torso.

• Like 1

DestroyAllMonstersPh.jpgImage014.jpgbeast-from-20000-fathoms.jpg?resize=550%edd14.jpg

I did laundry and thought about god-programming.

For some unknown reason, Def Leppard's "Pour some sugar on me" is playing repeatedly in my head.

That's a lot better than having Amy Grant's old song "El Shaddai" stuck in your head like I did the other day. And now it's back again... Thanks, I think. Wendytwitch.gif  Glory! jesus.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.