Goodbye Jesus

Boring Post Thread

ContraBardus

Life Hacks ---- Make your life better, easier, blah blah blah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f7vMTRS4dM

Stuff I've Tried and Would Recommend:

Open a Banana Like a Monkey

Move a Closet Full of Clothes With A Single Trash Bag (Will Take More Than One Bag If You're a Lady and/or a T-Shirt Connoisseur)

Detangle Doll Hair Like a Boss

Use Your Mouse on the Left Side

Make Instant Meals in A Keurig Brewer

Clean and Sanitize Reusable Bottles With Denture Tablets

Internet Stuffs:

Use RSS Feeds to Watch For Items on Craigslist (This is rough and I've had some trouble with Feedly in the past but I still use it. Any feed aggregator can probably be used for this purpose. FeedMyInbox is rec'd in comments section. I haven't used it but it might be better for some. This is great for cheap asses who watch CL for holiday shopping purposes such as myself. ;) )

Avoid Craigslist Scams By Using Reverse Image Search

-----

Will add more stuff in another boring post. :)

• Like 1

I just finished a cup of Colombian Fair Trade Select coffee. Does this mean that the other flavors available to me are all Slash & Burn Imperialist Slave Trade? Or is there just not enough information to make that determination?

This is important.

I just finished a cup of Colombian Fair Trade Select coffee. Does this mean that the other flavors available to me are all Slash & Burn Imperialist Slave Trade? Or is there just not enough information to make that determination?

This is important.

October is Fair Trade month.

http://befair.org/?utm_source=ftusa&utm_medium=popup&utm_campaign=ftm

Watching Maury. 5 potential baby daddies tested, 7 more tests coming up. Bet she'll run off the stage bawling if none of them are the father.

• Like 1

Ok they only tested 2. But I was right she ran off the stage. Now she's laying on the floor bawling....Maurys wondering if she will come back for a 12th paternity test.

This is important.

October is Fair Trade month.

http://befair.org/?utm_source=ftusa&utm_medium=popup&utm_campaign=ftm

Interesting. However, they have this variety of coffee available year-round here.

• Super Moderator

Jesus' Ballz! I'm reading this stupid thread again!

She's 1000% sho'!!!!!

• Like 1

I just cut my fingernails. They needed it. Now I am headed out to the mall to mail something to a friend who lives in New Zealand and to have lunch at Subway. Glory!

• Like 1

MOAR LIFE HACKS!!!

Boringest life hacks video ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N_fN1lhubY

Life hacks vid with upbeat music.

------

Food Hacks:

Have some frozen waffles taking up space in your freezer? Throw those puppies in the oven or toaster oven to get 'em crisp and then use 'em as bread for a tasty sandwich. Such as:

-The Waffle BLT

-The Mantastic Fried Chicken and Waffle Sandwich

Ever looked in your fridge and wondered what you could make without having to go to the store first? Happens to me quite often. Here's a nifty site to help with that problem.

------------

Einstein-keep-on-sleeping.jpg

• Like 1

I hate going to uni. There. I said it. :P

I just booked a 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom home in Florida for one month this winter. It has a hot tub and private pool. Just a boring afternoon.....Yawn.......

This is important.

• Like 1

There are gnats in the bathroom. Gnats are stalking me.

God dammit Japan! >_<

I really need to make a dentist appointment, I hate dentists.

• Like 1

I really need to make a dentist appointment, I hate dentists.

Find a hot one and have sex with them. It worked for me.

And for the more gutter minded...

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

First of all, DO NOT ever presume to speak down to me as though I am a child who doesn't understand the Germ Theory of disease.  I aced both Microbiology and Immunology in college and have since gone on to forget more on both subjects than most people ever learn.

Secondly, I do NOT have an irrational fear of microwaves.  I simply prefer not to use them.  You should NOT read more into people's comments than what is there.  You go on for two entire paragraphs insinuating that I have some sort of phobia about radiation.  I DO NOT.  Perhaps you should get to know the facts about someone before making such comments.  Or perhaps you're too full of yourself.

Thirdly, DO NOT mistake me for someone who needs you telling me how I should live.  If you're afraid of a few germs then feel free to nuke your food until your heart's content.  I suggest using plastic containers so that you can get yourself a good healthy dose of plasticizers while you're at it.  

I'm sure, with your background as a chef, you are probably aware that sheep's wool is a perfect environment for anthrax (they teach that kind of thing in chef school, right?).  You should know that I used to raise sheep and have sheered my share of them.  Small dose exposure to even the most deadly of germs is nothing the human immune system can't handle.  Sure, some bacteria replicate quickly in perfect environments; but for enough replication to occur to be anything more than a small dose exposure would take far longer than the few hours between morning and noon.

Lastly, I know this post comes across as angry and I'm not generally one for angry posts.  However, when I am spoken down to, and accused of irrational fears, especially by someone who doesn't know the first god damn thing about me, it kind of sets me off.  So, if I sound angry, it's because I am.

Your post made it sound like you don't understand food safety or microwaves. Why would I assume otherwise?

Your follow up post reinforces the idea that you lack an understanding of food safety. Food can indeed become dangerous in a very short period of time, easily within the space of a couple of hours in the wrong environment. The sun heated interior of a vehicle is exactly such an environment.

This is especially true if it's been in non-optimal conditions before it ends up in the hands of the consumer, and that's a very distinct and not at all uncommon possibility. Food goes through a lot of hands and is usually stored in several locations before it ever reaches the consumer. Any one of them could be sub-optimal and contribute to contamination either by temperature issues or exposure to other foods or unsanitary handling. That couple of hours could be the difference between food that is safe to eat and food that has crossed the line into something that will make you very ill.

You're taking unnecessary chances with your habit and sooner or later taking risks like that comes back to bite you. You seem to be making assumptions in regard to the condition your food is in to begin with. All it takes is for one low wage employee or cheap manager to get lazy, ignore a problem, try to cheat a rule to save time and/or money, or make a mistake within that chain. I don't recommend playing against those odds like you're suggesting and that's good advice.

I don't care what you aced in school, you clearly don't have an understanding about food safety, something I have had extensive training in. I'm a Certified Master Chef, not some minimum wage joe working in the back of a MacDonalds. I am literally a trained expert on this topic. Most of the training involved with becoming a CMC is related to food safety and sanitation.

You could eat a ball of raw hamburger every day for years and never get sick. However, all it takes is one bite of contaminated meat to cause a serious problem. The fact that you've done it a bunch of times before doesn't change the fact that every time you do it you're rolling the dice, and sooner or later your luck will run out.

Incidentally, I never cook with plastic in the microwave. I always use ceramics or glass for that sort of cooking. I rarely actually use the microwave for cooking anyway. I usually only use it for prepping ingredients such as softening up butter, heating up water, or something similar. I might use it to make a bag of popcorn on rare occasions when I'm feeling too lazy to do it in a pan. That doesn't happen often, my last box of microwave popcorn lasted five months and more often than not I don't even have it in my pantry. I usually don't have leftovers as I tend to cook for a single meal, but on the rare occasions I do I still often use the stove or oven to reheat them. Every once and a while I'll toss a plate in the microwave if I'm excessively tired and hungry, or not feeling well.

I do this because the idea of eating food that has been irradiated by microwaves is highly unsettling to me.

This quote directly implies that you have an irrational fear of microwaves and radiation from them. It also implies that it is due to an ignorance about them. It's was your own words that suggested it, not some assumption. There really is no other way to take that statement. It's entirely your fault that I took it that way because that's exactly what this statement quite literally implies.

If you want to get sick by ignoring food safety about how your store and keep your meals, that's your business. That doesn't devalue anything I posted. It was good advice whether you want to follow it or not. I don't really care, but it doesn't change the fact that sooner or later you are going to make yourself ill if you keep playing the odds with that rather disgusting and unsanitary habit of yours. I'm not going to show up and throw your lunch away any more than I would show up and take a cigarette from your lips and throw it away. If you want to do it, that's your choice, but that doesn't mean that it's not a health risk or that going about announcing it on a public forum isn't going to solicit advice that it's not good for you from others.

I should also add that this is the "Boring Post" thread, and that half of what I posted in that reply was put up because it's rather mundane information that few people would find interesting.

I don't care if good advice from a certified expert upsets you. That's a problem on your end, not mine. I made a recommendation and it's entirely up to you to ignore it, but my advice was sound regardless. If you want to risk illness to keep up your own bad habits that's no concern of mine, but don't go acting like I've insulted you by advising against it, or because I made a long overly detailed explanatory post in a thread dedicated to boring topics. What I posted was perfectly on topic in this thread.

If you don't want people to make assumptions about irrational fears you might have, don't post statements that literally directly say that you have them. There was nothing in your post to put your statement about microwaves in any other context. That is also not a problem on my end.

You've mistaken me for someone who cares who's right or wrong (which I can see is important to you).  I don't.  What I care about is you coming at me sideways, insulting my intelligence and accusing me of being irrational.  Address that and we can be done here.

I'm sure the thought of finding roaches in your kitchen is somewhat unsettling to you.  Does that mean you have an irrational fear of roaches?

• Super Moderator

Last night I had a dream where I think I combined two threads from Ex-C  -- this one and the "Re-Name That Tune" one.  For some unknown reason,  I was singing "Bringing In the Sheep" at the top of my lungs inside what seemed to be a stockroom full of stuffed animals (toys).   

You've mistaken me for someone who cares who's right or wrong (which I can see is important to you).  I don't.  What I care about is you coming at me sideways, insulting my intelligence and accusing me of being irrational.  Address that and we can be done here.

I'm sure the thought of finding roaches in your kitchen is somewhat unsettling to you.  Does that mean you have an irrational fear of roaches?

Quote where I insulted your intelligence or was disrespectful before you had a tantrum over my comments. This is the humor section so it needs to be pretty directly damning, and yes that matters quite a bit.

There's no other context to take your quote. It's irrational because there's no valid reasoning for harmless electromagnetic radiation to be unsettling. Unsettling means "having the effect of upsetting, disturbing, or discomposing." The word used in the context you provided in your post directly implies at the least a mild sense of anxiety and fear. It also inferred an ignorance of how microwaves work. You've got nothing to blame for my comments in that regard but your own poor wording.

Having roaches in the kitchen is unsettling because they spread harmful germs and are unsanitary. It's not irrational to not want them in the kitchen because there is a rational reason for not desiring them in an area where you are prepping food. Yes, I would say that I find roaches in my food or areas where I prep food disturbing and would call it a mild fear, but a rational one as they are known to be unsanitary and harmful because they spread disease and contaminate food and surfaces. Not terror or panic inducing, but disgust and anxiety to the point I would take measures to resolve the problem and sanitize the areas I think they might have contaminated thoroughly before using them to prepare a meal and discard any food that might have been compromised by exposure to them.

Your issue was that you found irradiated food unsettling, and given that limited information and the context it was presented in there's no other way to take that statement as anything but an irrational fear.

This is a problem on your end, not mine. I'm not in the least bit sorry about it because your overreaction is no one's fault but your own. You're trying to be insulted for no good reason and I don't care about your overly sensitive fit about it. All I did was post a bunch of overly explanatory boring information related to your comment in the Boring Post Thread in the Humor section of the forums. My comments were appropriate and on topic given that context.

I'm not going to argue this further. It's not appropriate here and if you can't take a joke you don't belong in this part of the forum. We're done here.

My dog is obsessively licking his front right paw.

(And it doesn't mean there's something wrong with it, I have had it checked out, this is just an obsession. He does it all the time.  He doesn't seem upset by it).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.