Goodbye Jesus

Boring Post Thread

ContraBardus

I like some things.

I like some things too.

I got my stuff done today.

• Super Moderator

I goofed off all day today.  It felt good.  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

What is this? A video of every single mech combination from the series "Zyuden Sentai Kyoruger". Basically, this is the Japanese version (original version!) of the Power Rangers franchise. Sentai has been going strong since the mid-70s in Japan. They do a different series each year and Kyoruger was the series from 2013. I haven't watched it all yet. Honestly, I do not believe that any sentai series can top 2011's "Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger" series. Fuckin' pirate rangers. PIRATE RANGERS!

They also had kickass villains. Basco and Sally FTW. Basco was a flamboyantly evil bastard. He and Captain Marvelous had a great rivalry, almost as good as the Witch Bandora and her child psychopath resurrected son Kai from "Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger" and the Geki/Burai saga. Not only that, but the Gokaigers weren't completely good or chosen ones like most of the sentai/PR groups. They were a bunch of rogue space pirates adventuring across the universe to collect treasure who just happened to be given the ranger keys to unlock the powers to protect the universe.

It was a grand series and I am still pissed off that Nickelodeon and Saban are shitting all over it. The pirate uniforms and powers are just upgrades on top of the shitty powers from the last series. What the fuck ever. I will not watch it anymore, it is too upsetting to me. It's like someone shitting on my childhood and wiping their ass with my fond memories. Soul crushing. SOUL CRUSHING. I may be over-investing in my fifth-rate fandom of choice, that much is true.

Apparently, Saban and Nick are going to rework the "Zyuden Sentai Kyoruger" series into an anniversary series for the Power Rangers franchise. Makes sense, given that they are both dinosaur themed sentai and Kyoruger has like 10 rangers and a fuckton of mech combos. Still, I feel like it's a copout to throw away one of the best sentai series and choose to instead rework a mediocre series for the same purpose. At least they aren't trying this shit with 2014's god-awful "Ressha Sentai Toqger" series. The Toqgers are fucking TRAIN RANGERS. Lame. Lame. LAME.

Meant to appeal to little kids, but wtf? Really, train rangers? Why? If train rangers won the idea brainstorm contest at HQ, what didn't make the cut? Everyday object rangers? Toilet rangers? Tree rangers? Stuffed animal rangers? Eventually, the sentai empire will crumble because they can't keep recycling the same 5-6 themes over and over again....can they? Maybe they can. Sentai is approaching 40 years of continuous series, many of which have movies as well.

Speaking of which, the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers franchise is going to be made into a blockbuster movie. Whoo fucking hoo! I will be going to see it when it comes out. I might even do some cosplay to celebrate. Even if it's terrible dreck, I will go to see it. Sad but true.

Pointless boring bitchfest now over. Resume your serious adult activity now. tongue.png

I both understood and empathized with this post and was not confused by any of the references.

Plus, I would totally watch a series about the Toilet Rangers. Are you kidding me? Can you imagine the sorts of transformations and monsters that would have, and the costumes? That would be amazing because in order for it to really work they'd have to play it totally straight. I'd be completely out of breath after every episode and would have to restrict myself to watching one episode a week just to keep from dying of laughter. Most cosplayed Power Rangers -evah-.

On top of that, if they ever made it stateside, and I have my doubts they would, they would be called the "Mighty Morphin Potty Rangers". That's pure win.

I would watch the fuck out of Toilet Rangers. It would never fly though. Too juvenile for mainstream Japanese sensibilities and that's where Saban gets the stock footage and shit for the Power Rangers. *sigh*

Realistically, Toilet Rangers would be a parody. Maybe Netflix will purchase the rights to the franchise one day and we'll get a decent version of the series instead of the watered down bs we've gotten since Saban/Nick bought the series from Disney. Seriously. RPM was the last decent series of the PR franchise and that was like 6-7 years ago, iirc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMsINLPmpcQ

The theme to RPM fucking blows though. Probably one of my least favorite behind the the stupid hip hop theme from Mystic Force.

I think the only reason I liked RPM was the tone. The mech were fairly boring automotive themes and the characters were only ok. It was a dark series though. Post-apocalyptic, everyone is living in a single dome, the system brought to halt by a computer virus, evil robot armies...sure, it was kiddified Disney-style, but it was the first series since Time Force that actually attempted to appeal to anyone over 12 and the first since In Space that did so successfully, imho.

I love In Space. So fucking cheesy, but it was the last of the classic FOX PR series that actually worked for me. It was straight general audience space opera with a teenage cast. It bugs me that no one tries to do live action space dramas for general audiences anymore, and especially not anything with younger casts. Paging the holy gods of Netflix: BRING BACK THE SPACE OPERA SERIAL!

Also, not boring but somewhat relevant: US Netflix is bringing back Galaxy Quest on streaming the last week of October. Just in case anyone else needs a cheesy space opera fix, lol.

I like some things.

I like some things too.

I got my stuff done today.

Good!  I tried to get my stuff done, but not all of it wanted to get done.  =/

I goofed off all day today.  It felt good.  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

That's good too!

• Super Moderator

I mixed yeast, sugar, and water together last night.  It bubbled.  I told my son that the bubbles were the result of the yeast eating the sugar and farting out carbon dioxide.  Afterwards, I cleaned up the mess and watched an episode of Firefly on Netflix.  Doc and River got kidnapped.

• Like 1

I graded papers until I got bored.

• Like 1

I'm watching the Voice. Yawn.

I had homemade vegetarian fried rice for dinner. It was good!

I'm watching the Voice. Yawn.

I actually have that The Voice 360: Be the Coach VR experience they released for the Oculus Rift DK2.

I never watch the show, but it's a pretty neat demo that showcases 3D 360 video. It's passive and non-interactive and lasts about 4 minutes. You sit in one of the revolving judge chairs with the button in front of it next to Pharrell Williams in Blake Shelton's chair while he stands next to you acting as the exposition for the experience. You get to see everyone comment on the performer and try to get him to join their team.

It's pretty cool for what it is, but not perfect. The video is a little grainy due to the current limitations of the DK2. Still freaks out fans of the show when they experience it. It's one of the favorites when I demo at the Hospital. It actually brought a couple people to tears because they thought it was so cool.

It's getting dark outside, so I am turning my lamp on.

typing. Then pressing the damn shift key. Bleh.

Here's a possible antidote to boredom that should last at least a few minutes, or longer if you play with a friend.

Random bible verse generator:

http://www.bibledice.com/scripture.php

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Here's a possible antidote to boredom that should last at least a few minutes, or longer if you play with a friend.

Enjoy!

Imagine the drinking games you could create with this...

• Like 1

Another gnat has appeared. Where do they come from?

• Super Moderator

On the subject of general boredom, where's Ironhorse been lately?  He hadn't up and r-u-n-n-o-f-t, has he?

I'm generating random Deepak Chopra quotes: http://www.wisdomofchopra.com/

• Like 1

Enjoy!

Interesting, but unfortunately done by a Christian. Only isolated good verses appear. No mass murder, genocide, slavery, misogyny, rape, child stoning, homosexual stoning, infant head bashing or anything else such as that. Also no obviously mythical people or places, four-legged insects, melting snails, talking animals, mythical animals, or anything else hilarious from the pages of scripture. It would be awesome to do an app that highlighted the evil and hilarious shit in the Bible. Many more verses to choose from, and it would be very educational for Christians. I would do it, but I lack the technical know-how.

I just printed out a credit card statement.

And it's Tuesday. Good ol' boring ass Tuesday. The legit second day of the week because no one fucking counts Sunday as number 1. You'll always be 7th in the rotation, SUNDAAAAY. You're the day that believers loathe. The day that makes us wish that we were dead. Death suddenly seems more appealing than going to the Lard's house to sing "Awesome God" 5 times and then forcing yourself to stay awake through a sermon about some stuff in a musty old book.

This cat was told that it had to go to church. It died.

74b16b02126c215ab4742f0dc314ec7a.jpg

Tuesday makes no assumptions. Tuesday knows you. Tuesday doesn't have any special requirements. You can wear something boring and comfy on Tuesday because no one's looking like they do on Monday. Tuesday is the day of Two-fer specials. Tuesday knows its place. The TV lords smile upon us with variety in programming. My local pizzeria has a $2 wings special on Tuesdays. The annoying neighbors always go out on Tuesday evenings and sometimes they take their lurch-like teenage son with them so I don't have to pretend not to hear his poorly dubbed hentai through my bedroom wall.

Also, slugs. Slugs are strange creatures. They are basically slime bags. Slithering sacks of slime. Salt will kill a slime bag slug. Some slugs like beer as well. Don't buy good shit for slugs. Buy the stuff that says "BEER" on the side of the can.

generic.jpg

Yes, this shit exists. I found some at the discount shop. Kinda like if a Dollar General had a baby with Aldi, I guess. No name brands anywhere and the employees are all obese heavy-smokers who look like they're about to pop a cap in their own ass with every swipe of the groceries across the scanner. The ladies speak with distinctive rasp and the only male employee is a greasy-looking pedobear mf with a bad rug and a giant gold ring on his pinky finger. He's all stooped over trying to put away cases of Froot Joos but he's staring at some 12 year old the whole time. The scene was greasy, gritty, desperate.

My skin crawled the whole time I was in the place. I wanted to buy 2 jugs of bleach and run out into the parking lot, strip naked, douse myself and set myself on fire. Then I'd feel clean. It was in that moment that I began to re-evaluate my life. How had I ended up here? Had I hit a rock bottom and kept skittering past it, spiraling down into some uncharted circle of Hell? When you shop at places like this, you just can't have dignity. You're buying shit for pennies on the quarter. Fuck those nickels on the dimes. If you're paying 5 on a 10, you're paying too goddamn much for your Cuppa-Raymens, dented cans of Not-Spam and generic Burrrr that were brewed during Bush 1's administration.

I guess my standards aren't as high as I'd like them to be. My parents shopped at salvage groceries when I was a kid. I didn't know that cans weren't supposed to be dented. Scrubbing the rust rings off of the top of cans was a game. Or at least my mom made it seem like it was. Big blocks of no-name guvment cheez were frozen and wrapped in clingwrap, sat on a "crystal" tray on the top shelf of the fridge, in a state of perpetual thaw. Puddles of fake-y cheez water would drip all over and once a week or so, Mom and Grandma would charge us girls with the responsibility of swabbing the fridge down with Lysol water.

Sometimes I think that if there really was a God, he'd have designed us to be like these slugs:

Oo2xhKo.jpg

Imagine it. Solar powered humanity. No need to eat. That sure as hell solves world hunger, don't it?

• Like 3

It took me ten minutes longer to get into work today than it did yesterday because there was more traffic. I'm not sure why traffic was worse today than yesterday.

• Like 1

I just ate two bananas.

• Super Moderator

And it's Tuesday. Good ol' boring ass Tuesday. The legit second day of the week because no one fucking counts Sunday as number 1. You'll always be 7th in the rotation, SUNDAAAAY. You're the day that believers loathe. The day that makes us wish that we were dead. Death suddenly seems more appealing than going to the Lard's house to sing "Awesome God" 5 times and then forcing yourself to stay awake through a sermon about some stuff in a musty old book.

This cat was told that it had to go to church. It died.

74b16b02126c215ab4742f0dc314ec7a.jpg

Tuesday makes no assumptions. Tuesday knows you. Tuesday doesn't have any special requirements. You can wear something boring and comfy on Tuesday because no one's looking like they do on Monday. Tuesday is the day of Two-fer specials. Tuesday knows its place. The TV lords smile upon us with variety in programming. My local pizzeria has a $2 wings special on Tuesdays. The annoying neighbors always go out on Tuesday evenings and sometimes they take their lurch-like teenage son with them so I don't have to pretend not to hear his poorly dubbed hentai through my bedroom wall.

Also, slugs. Slugs are strange creatures. They are basically slime bags. Slithering sacks of slime. Salt will kill a slime bag slug. Some slugs like beer as well. Don't buy good shit for slugs. Buy the stuff that says "BEER" on the side of the can.

generic.jpg

Yes, this shit exists. I found some at the discount shop. Kinda like if a Dollar General had a baby with Aldi, I guess. No name brands anywhere and the employees are all obese heavy-smokers who look like they're about to pop a cap in their own ass with every swipe of the groceries across the scanner. The ladies speak with distinctive rasp and the only male employee is a greasy-looking pedobear mf with a bad rug and a giant gold ring on his pinky finger. He's all stooped over trying to put away cases of Froot Joos but he's staring at some 12 year old the whole time. The scene was greasy, gritty, desperate.

My skin crawled the whole time I was in the place. I wanted to buy 2 jugs of bleach and run out into the parking lot, strip naked, douse myself and set myself on fire. Then I'd feel clean. It was in that moment that I began to re-evaluate my life. How had I ended up here? Had I hit a rock bottom and kept skittering past it, spiraling down into some uncharted circle of Hell? When you shop at places like this, you just can't have dignity. You're buying shit for pennies on the quarter. Fuck those nickels on the dimes. If you're paying 5 on a 10, you're paying too goddamn much for your Cuppa-Raymens, dented cans of Not-Spam and generic Burrrr that were brewed during Bush 1's administration.

I guess my standards aren't as high as I'd like them to be. My parents shopped at salvage groceries when I was a kid. I didn't know that cans weren't supposed to be dented. Scrubbing the rust rings off of the top of cans was a game. Or at least my mom made it seem like it was. Big blocks of no-name guvment cheez were frozen and wrapped in clingwrap, sat on a "crystal" tray on the top shelf of the fridge, in a state of perpetual thaw. Puddles of fake-y cheez water would drip all over and once a week or so, Mom and Grandma would charge us girls with the responsibility of swabbing the fridge down with Lysol water.

Sometimes I think that if there really was a God, he'd have designed us to be like these slugs:

Oo2xhKo.jpg

Imagine it. Solar powered humanity. No need to eat. That sure as hell solves world hunger, don't it?

Sometimes you just capture my heart, seven.

I just did a hardcore, sweaty Les Mills Combat workout.

Oh wait... that's not boring... GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I think Ironhorse fled because florduh locked his Sunday Spam thread.

I've captured a heart!

I used to watch Bizarre Foods on the Travel Channel. How many times has the host eaten organ meats? Why is that so bizarre?

In America, we don't really eat organ meats. No one really knows what's in hot dogs, Vienna Sausages, potted meat, bologna, Spam and other "meats", but there's a reason for that. We don't want to know what's in the food we put in our mouths.

Most Americans are corn-fed mouth-breathing Walmart zombies that keep popping off more little dud spud sporelings.

I'm particularly misanthropic today.

parenting+fails+in+walmart+2.jpg

If your kid has a produce bag over their fucking face and you are doing nothing about it....WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?

FUERExbrGaZ022cQfPnNoXhHL1hund2P_lg.jpg

Again, WTF? WHY THE FUCK? Exercise? I think that's a fail for you, lady. No dissing the metabolically challenged, but seriously this is a big box of steaming hot FAIL. Parenting fail, exercise fail, life fail.

If your day has sucked, I hope the boring thread makes it all better.

BUTTER!

butter1.png

What is this? The Last Supper, depicted entirely in butter. Religious art never looked so....tasteful.

woohoo.gif

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.