Goodbye Jesus

Hello Their New Bee Hear!

TheListener

All Christian denominations are cults, IMHO. ;)

If you'd ask all 2.2 Billion Christians in the world, some of them would say you belong to a cult. And some wouldn't. And you would say some of them belong to cults, so it evens out in the end.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheListener

• Ouroboros

• thunderbolt

• willybilly30

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So which cult of Christians do you belong to?

Anglican Church of Australia, Sydney Diocese. not a cult. I am a Christian.

So, you're part of the Anglican cult of Christianity...

Cult

a system of religious devotion directed towards a particular figure or object.

That describes Christianity to a T...

Oh... I just did a little more searching...

A system or community of religious worship and ritual.

The formal means of expressing religious reverence; religious ceremony and ritual.

Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing.

adherents of an exclusive system of religious beliefs and practices

Yep... Christianity is a cult...

Anglican Church of Australia, Sydney Diocese. not a cult. I am a Christian.

Southern Baptists call you a cult. That's the problem with Xianity - everyone is someone else’s heretic and belong to a cult.

thelistener

whyd you jump over my post have you no rebuttal?

dont take my word for it do some research.

If you say so...

Btw, the Anglican church was established when King Henry VIII broke up with the Catholic Church, because of a dispute and political gains.

Nice cult you're in. So very spiritual to change church dogma based on the kings personal needs.

i think its a little sad the exchristians know more about christianity than the christians.

damn if your gonna be in a religion atleast research it and know about it.

When Osiris is said to bring his believers eternal life in Egyptian Heaven, contemplating the unutterable, indescribable glory of God, we understand that as a myth.

When ancient writers tell us that in general ancient people believed in eternal life, with the good going to the Elysian Fields and the not so good going to Hades, we understand that as a myth.

When Vespatian's spittle healed a blind man, we understand that as a myth.

When Apollonius of Tyana raised a girl from death, we understand that as a myth.

When the Pythia , the priestess at the Oracle at Delphi, in Greece, prophesied, and over and over again for a thousand years, the prophecies came true, we understand that as a myth.

When Dionysus turned water into wine, we understand that as a myth.

When Dionysus believers are filled with atay, the Spirit of God, we understand that as a myth.

When Romulus is described as the Son of God, born of a virgin, we understand that as a myth.

When Alexander the Great is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, we understand that as a myth.

When Augustus is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, we understand that as a myth.

When Dionysus is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, we understand that as a myth.

POCM

But when Jesus is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, according to prophecy, turning water into wine, raising girls from the dead, and healing blind men with his spittle, and setting it up so His believers got eternal life in Heaven contemplating the unutterable, indescribable glory of God, and off to Hades...er, I mean Hell...for the bad folks...that's not a myth?

i think its a little sad the exchristians know more about christianity than the christians.

damn if your gonna be in a religion atleast research it and know about it.

When they learn too much they become EX-Chistians. Natural course of events.

Very nice compilation Taph!

hmm these pagan myths remind me of someone. thelistener who do they remind you of?

When Osiris is said to bring his believers eternal life in Egyptian Heaven, contemplating the unutterable, indescribable glory of God, we understand that as a myth.

When ancient writers tell us that in general ancient people believed in eternal life, with the good going to the Elysian Fields and the not so good going to Hades, we understand that as a myth.

When Vespatian's spittle healed a blind man, we understand that as a myth.

When Apollonius of Tyana raised a girl from death, we understand that as a myth.

When the Pythia , the priestess at the Oracle at Delphi, in Greece, prophesied, and over and over again for a thousand years, the prophecies came true, we understand that as a myth.

When Dionysus turned water into wine, we understand that as a myth.

When Dionysus believers are filled with atay, the Spirit of God, we understand that as a myth.

When Romulus is described as the Son of God, born of a virgin, we understand that as a myth.

When Alexander the Great is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, we understand that as a myth.

When Augustus is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, we understand that as a myth.

When Dionysus is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, we understand that as a myth.

POCM

But when Jesus is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, according to prophecy, turning water into wine, raising girls from the dead, and healing blind men with his spittle, and setting it up so His believers got eternal life in Heaven contemplating the unutterable, indescribable glory of God, and off to Hades...er, I mean Hell...for the bad folks...that's not a myth?

If you say so...

Anyone else see this as a "you may say so, but I don't agree and I'm right and you're wrong, so there..." kind of response?

If you say so...

Anyone else see this as a "you may say so, but I don't agree and I'm right and you're wrong, so there..." kind of response?

Well, that's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. :mellow:

:HaHa:

If you say so...

Well, that's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. :mellow:

:HaHa:

I just feel like I'm talking to someone who thinks going "yah boo sucks to you" is an amazingly sophisticated argument...

No, I'm not talking about you, Fwee... :HaHa:

Just like horis huh? Credible piece of story that was...

:D

Can you even name five attributes that Horus had? Just five will do.

if the story of jesus is similar to older stories of older gods then it proves it was borrowed from their.

just like them they cant be proven fact or fiction.

At least you have a sense of humor. But Horus was the holy child, not his father whose penis was thrown into the river Nile.

Just as credible as Jesus...

if the story of jesus is similar to older stories of older gods then it proves it was borrowed from their.

just like them they cant be proven fact or fiction.

Care to provide CREDIBLE evidence on that? :D

horus/horis whatever I've seen it and wasn't impressed at first until I found out his so called characteristics almost identical to Jesus did not exist anywhere outside of a couple of dubious websites.

taphophila gave alot of examples of gods with similarities to jesus. your going to think what you want to think and that is your right. i just think you should look outside the church and christianity its built of manipulation and power hunger. i could show websites and such all night but until you open your mind what good would it do.

Care to provide CREDIBLE evidence on that? :D

horus/horis whatever I've seen it and wasn't impressed at first until I found out his so called characteristics almost identical to Jesus did not exist anywhere outside of a couple of dubious websites.