• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheListener

• Ouroboros

• thunderbolt

• willybilly30

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and through personal experience I am convinced the Bible is God's Word.

What personal experience? What does it even mean?

Seek God with all your heart and you too will find him. Then you will see what I mean.

Oh this is getting down right comedic!

I swear this guy is just yanking our chains here...

Is this one of our regulars playing a prank?

Seek God with all your heart and you too will find him. Then you will see what I mean.

Is it the same as the Buddha saying seek enlightenment? If not, how is it different? So, anyting goes! Hooray!

No need to... God will make sure we all know him when the New Covenent comes about.

Oh, but you don't believe that, do you?

I have read about the canon of the OT & the canon of the NT, I haven't seen anything about any secular interference.

It is the Holy Spirit that convicts us on God's Word and through personal experience I am convinced the Bible is God's Word.

For you too, huh? :HaHa:

He obviously came to preach, and not to teach. :lmao:

There is a huge difference, you know. :HaHa:

I have read about the canon of the OT & the canon of the NT, I haven't seen anything about any secular interference.

It is the Holy Spirit that convicts us on God's Word and through personal experience I am convinced the Bible is God's Word.

For you too, huh? :HaHa:

He obviously came to preach, and not to teach. :lmao:

There is a huge difference, you know. :HaHa:

He certainly didn't come to listen, that's for sure... :loser:

and through personal experience I am convinced the Bible is God's Word.

What personal experience? What does it even mean?

He's dodging the question yet again. And he didn't even bother to answer mine.

The gnostic gospels are not canonised.

And, just what exactly do you think this term, canonized, means?

Irenaeus, Origen, Eusebius, Constantine, and others determined what is heretical and what is holy. And modern christians just keep swallowing it without critical analysis.

It all depends on what point in time you are referring to, when you define what is canon and what isn't. Even now, not all christians agree on the issue.

I think what you really mean is - "it isn't in my Bible, so it didn't come from God"

you havent read everything then.

There were no such thing as Catholics when the Bible canon was closed.

That's not how the Catholic Church see it. They consider themselves be the true heritage from the Nicean Council. They even consider themselves being founded by Peter himself. Can you claim that? But anyway, I give you that, it was not Catholic, but it was the Orthodox Church, with pope and bishops.

I know you like to throw rocks at the Catholic Church and called them blasphemers and heretics, and they like to do the same to you. But still, it wasn't your little special cult of Christians that canonized the Bible, it was the Orthodox Church, and do you put your trust in these people to establish the Holy Book for you? You don't even know them! Do you have their names, and what they truly believed at the moment? Do you have any kind of idea of what they were after? Were they political and power hungry? Were they greedy? There was a lot of corruption during that time, so can you be sure they picked the right books?

Read up on Emperor Constantine. He was a pagan....saw christianity as a useful religion politically, and had the potential for social unification, and so he made it the official religion of the Roman Empire, and demanded the bishops agree on the canon, known as the Nicaean Creed. It may have backfired on him somewhat....as he was officially converted to the religion he wanted to use on his deathbed (there is disagreement weather the baptism was consensual on the part of the dying emperor).

And for a sovereign God do you think the canon was a problem?

I will read more about the Canon but I will probably interpret things differently because I will be prayerful that God give me discernment.

PS: I don't have a problem with the Catholic Church, it is not my job to judge.

i got proof christianity had pagan influence.

look up holly king santa clause on google

look up ostara easter on google

look up mayday beltane on google

all were originally pagan holidays

weres santa and the easter bunny in the bible tell me were?

My Church doesn't have the santa concept and we don't look very warmly on the chocolate bunny either. Not sure about Santa but I know the easter bunny is a pagan concept.

Either way the Bible doesn't give exact dates (except for Jesus' crucifiction) and so we must stick to that.

what holidays does your church celebrate? do they decorate? like on christmas?

My Church doesn't have the santa concept and we don't look very warmly on the chocolate bunny either. Not sure about Santa but I know the easter bunny is a pagan concept.

Either way the Bible doesn't give exact dates (except for Jesus' crucifiction) and so we must stick to that.

Here you go.....

Most religious historians believe that many elements of the Christian observance of Easter were derived from earlier Pagan celebrations

and the source for this quote can be found: http://www.religioustolerance.org/easter.htm

Read up on Emperor Constantine. He was a pagan....saw christianity as a useful religion politically, and had the potential for social unification, and so he made it the official religion of the Roman Empire, and demanded the bishops agree on the canon, known as the Nicaean Creed. It may have backfired on him somewhat....as he was officially converted to the religion he wanted to use on his deathbed (there is disagreement weather the baptism was consensual on the part of the dying emperor).

Constantine also had his buddy, the Bishop of Cesarea write the history of the church. "Ecclesiastical History" is the same history that Christians today believe about the origins of Christianity. It's also the only version of history to survive antiquity intact, since Constantine burned and banned non supportive writings and exterminated anyone who spouted anything different.

We have a nativity scene in Christmas, that is all.

And as for Easter, all I care about is Jesus' death & ressurection. Not the chocolate bunny.

What! You don't have the Cute Chocolate Bunny? Sorry, then I can't convert to your religion. :HaHa:

So which cult of Christians do you belong to?

"Seek god with all your heart and you will find him". This is so vague and ambiguous, what does it even mean? Really! Should I seek god like I seek for misplaced car keys? Or maybe a lost puppy? Where should I look for God? Should I check under the couch cushion and see if he's hiding with the spare change?

By the way, it usually helps if we first confirm something as existant before we waste our time looking for it. :lmao:

about 90% of decoration ideas for christmas came from paganism. the tree, the wreath,candles, just about everything. if you go to a pagan yule on dec.21st and a christmas dec.25 you can barely tell the diffrence. both celebrate the birth of god by the way.

We have a nativity scene in Christmas, that is all.

And as for Easter, all I care about is Jesus' death & ressurection. Not the chocolate bunny.

Nativity scene? Sounds like graven images to me....

So which cult of Christians do you belong to?

Anglican Church of Australia, Sydney Diocese. not a cult. I am a Christian.