Goodbye Jesus

How Islam Infects

Fweethawt

I could graph this on a webpage for us and then be called racist or something when the chart shows what many here instinctively understand already

Eh, fuck it. I'm gonna call you a racist anyway just on principle.

Racist! Biased, racist scum!

Seriously though -- you'd think by some people's reactions here that I made a thread called, 'How Muslims Infect' -- which just isn't the case.

I don't like how there is some kind of push whether intentional or not, to paint all religions as equally offensive and dangerous to civilization. That clearly is not the case.

Each of the big three have it written in their holy texts the condoning of atrocities against other humans. Whether they play on those instructions is irrelevant since ignoring them and allowing them to prosper leaves the matters open and available to future generations to act upon.

From that perspective, all of these religions are indeed equally dangerous and offensive.

Any religion becomes especially evil when it's in charge. Remember how Christians were torturing people for heresy and burning them for witchcraft? That was when the Christian church was in power and Christians were the vast majority. I don't think we shouldn't say Islam isn't a horrible, oppressive belief system that wants to control non-Muslims, because it is. I got the impression that people here think *all* Muslims can't help being horrible, oppressive, and wanting to control non-Muslims. I don't think that *all* of them do. That's all I'm saying.

Any religion becomes especially evil when it's in charge. Remember how Christians were torturing people for heresy and burning them for witchcraft? That was when the Christian church was in power and Christians were the vast majority. I don't think we shouldn't say Islam isn't a horrible, oppressive belief system that wants to control non-Muslims, because it is. I got the impression that people here think *all* Muslims can't help being horrible, oppressive, and wanting to control non-Muslims. I don't think that *all* of them do. That's all I'm saying.

No one here is denying the dark history of Christianity. This is EX-christian.net after all, and we're all here for a reason. Still, claiming that all religions are as inherently bad is nothing else than a convenient cop-out and the epitome of relativism. Neither is anyone arguing that ALL muslims are in-the-closet jihadis.

I just realized that I said earlier I can't say Islam is evil because I haven't read the Koran entirely, and then said later that Islam is terrible. I think of it as terrible because I hear so much about jihad and Islamic rule in certain countries, but don't want to make a definite judgment because I haven't actually read their sacred text. I just try to separate Islam from Muslims, like most Christians are separate from the Bible's violence and totalitarianism.

rjn: "No one is arguing that all Muslims are in-the-closets jihadis." You might not be, but I have heard that said before, and there was that video in this thread about all types of Islam being "extremist."

Still, claiming that all religions are as inherently bad is nothing else than a convenient cop-out and the epitome of relativism. Neither is anyone arguing that ALL muslims are in-the-closet jihadis.

And neither is anyone claiming that all religions are "inherently bad".

But anyone claiming that the Big 3™ are NOT "inherently bad" really ARE copping out and are the epitome of illiteracy.

I'd never argue with that Fweethawt. So,just for fun, how should we rank 'em?

If we allow some room for sects/sub-groups, I'd say it looks something like this.

1. salafi/wahabi islam

2. Dominionism/Wingnut evangelicalism.

Those are definitely at the top. My imagination ran out after those two, but really, they're our biggest worries.

There have been "which is the worst religion" threads before, IIRC.   Maybe it's time for a new one.

I say this in part because I don't want a conversation in this thread to mess up my daily two minutes hate again.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

A 15-year-old Pakistani boy cut off his own hand believing he had committed blasphemy, only to be celebrated by his parents and neighbours for the act, police told AFP Friday.

Local police chief Nausher Ahmed described how an imam told a gathering at a village mosque that those who love the Prophet Mohammad always say their prayers, then asked who among the crowd had stopped praying.

Mohammad Anwar, 15, raised his hand by mistake after apparently mishearing the question.

The crowd swiftly accused him of blasphemy so he went to his house and cut off the hand he had raised, put it on a plate, and presented it to the cleric, the police chief said.

< snipped >

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/pakistani-boy-cuts-off-own-hand-after-blasphemy-mistake-police/ar-BBogKdB?li=BBnb4R7

What I also really hate is that my own  thinking was "Oh, I guess that's not tooooooo bad in the grand scheme of Islam.  At least he did it to himself."  

Poor brainwashed kid.

Arrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh.... you'd think when it comes to cutting off their own hands, people would start to wonder if their religion is really a good idea.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

^Those crazy brainwashed christian cousins!

I just realized that I said earlier I can't say Islam is evil because I haven't read the Koran entirely, and then said later that Islam is terrible. I think of it as terrible because I hear so much about jihad and Islamic rule in certain countries, but don't want to make a definite judgment because I haven't actually read their sacred text. I just try to separate Islam from Muslims, like most Christians are separate from the Bible's violence and totalitarianism.

rjn: "No one is arguing that all Muslims are in-the-closets jihadis." You might not be, but I have heard that said before, and there was that video in this thread about all types of Islam being "extremist."

Your extreme caution and approach to Islam also resembles denial. 

I just said it seems to me to be a terrible religion, based on what I've heard. And I don't think all Muslims support terrorism and implementing sharia law everywhere. People don't seem to understand the difference between a belief system and its followers, or that they can be separate. I don't subscribe to the view that all Muslims are evil, because hatred for any group and confusing some members of that group with all of them is wrong. Harboring anger against peaceful Muslims when we should be focusing on the violent ones isn't doing any good.

I also said I don't want to say for certain that Islam is evil, because I haven't read the Koran. Doing so would not be honest. When I do, I'll make a judgment on that.

And I don't think all Muslims support terrorism and implementing sharia law everywhere. People don't seem to understand the difference between a belief system and its followers, or that they can be separate.

I'll post this again... Keep in mind, this is a room full of moderates, not extremists.

http://youtu.be/bV710c1dgpU