Goodbye Jesus

Christians: Why would an all-good God base our salvation from Hell on whether or not we believe in a 2,000-year-old supernatural story?

Lyra

18 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

How could it be otherwise than future posts?

Look, LuthAMF, if all you want to do is play silly word games, go buy yourself a book of puzzles.  If you want a serious debate, start writing that way.

21 minutes ago, Astreja said:

Look, LuthAMF, if all you want to do is play silly word games, go buy yourself a book of puzzles.  If you want a serious debate, start writing that way.

You stated something blatantly obvious. Thats not exactly quality writing either. 

I'm trying to quell the hostility. If you wish to preserve it, you're on your own.

Not only is he passive-aggressive, he seems to need to control others and wants attention.  Boring combination.

10 hours ago, sdelsolray said:

Not only is he passive-aggressive, he seems to need to control others and wants attention.  Boring combination.

No to all three. I'm fairly introverted and not much for the spotlight. I have little to no "control" over anything including myself sometimes, which I recognize is no virtue. Enduring  a Captain Obvious-like rebuke seemed unnecessary to me. While at times I may indeed be boring, those close to me find differently.

22 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

You stated something blatantly obvious. Thats not exactly quality writing either. 

I'm trying to quell the hostility. If you wish to preserve it, you're on your own.

May I gently suggest that you stop flinging insults and concentrate on the topic rather than the people?  You rekindle the hostility yourself with every snarky, content-free one-liner you post.  Own it.

11 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

No to all three. I'm fairly introverted and not much for the spotlight. I have little to no "control" over anything including myself sometimes, which I recognize is no virtue. Enduring  a Captain Obvious-like rebuke seemed unnecessary to me. While at times I may indeed be boring, those close to me find differently.

How about this:  Get to the part about how you have special access to knowledge, through authority, Scripture and/or revelation.  That would be funny, as well as expected.  That way, you wouldn't have to waste time pretending to be something other than you really are.

Bonus question:  According to Genesis, how could there be water (H2O) at the beginning of creation when the stars which form all oxygen were not created until the fourth day?  Use only the Bible to support your response.  Or use science.  Your choice.  Don't claim magic.  That's boring.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Astreja said:

May I gently suggest that you stop flinging insults and concentrate on the topic rather than the people?  You rekindle the hostility yourself with every snarky, content-free one-liner you post.  Own it.

There was no insult there so no, you may not "gently suggest" as you then go on to lambast.

11 hours ago, sdelsolray said:

That way, you wouldn't have to waste time pretending to be something other than you really are.

Which is...?

• Super Moderator

• Super Moderator

Anything to add, Luth? Your YouTube material seems enough to make a fair assessment of who you are. Do you have anything new? Any evidence? Any factual, cogent arguments?

56 minutes ago, webmdave said:

So what's the point? Blogs and videos from 7 yrs ago. Activity in other web forums. 

Make something of it for your enjoyment. I don't care. 

You're the Almighty here. What's your point?

2 minutes ago, florduh said:

Anything to add, Luth? Your YouTube material seems enough to make a fair assessment of who you are. Do you have anything new? Any evidence? Any factual, cogent arguments?

What...should I now sheepishly run and hide? 

So tell me, florduh. Based upon the videos, who am I? Slam away.

Anything new? Sometimes. Dealing with ages old arguments doesn't leave much room for "new" whatever you mean by that. 

Evidence of what? You don't say.

Factual cogent arguments? Yes. History is full of them.

Am I suppose to be shaking in my boots now?

3 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

There was no insult there so no, you may not "gently suggest" as you then go on to lambast.

Ah.  So you're one of those insufferable pricks who flings out unsupported criticisms (documented both here and on the blog) and then prays to Jesus for forgiveness, then.

I'm done playing with you.  May you lose your faith in the most excruciatingly emotionally painful way possible, and may that pain dominate every waking moment of your life until you come to appreciate our experiences as non-believers and feel remorse for your behaviour.

*plonk*

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, webmdave said:

LuthAMF on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/user/LuthAMF

Enjoy!

2 hours ago, webmdave said:

Creepy dude.

• Super Moderator
29 minutes ago, Astreja said:

lose your faith in the most excruciatingly emotionally painful way possible, and may that pain dominate every waking moment of your life until you come to appreciate our experiences as non-believers and feel remorse for your behaviour.

A perfect description of the four brutal years of my own deconversion.

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

A perfect description of the four brutal years of my own deconversion.

That's why it irks me to see some pretentious little brat show up here and waste our time.  I know that it's a painful experience to go through that kind of disillusionment, and LuthAMF is clearly disrespecting that.  He deserves no benefit of a doubt, and no mercy.

• Thanks 1

• Super Moderator
4 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

What...should I now sheepishly run and hide? 

So tell me, florduh. Based upon the videos, who am I? Slam away.

Anything new? Sometimes. Dealing with ages old arguments doesn't leave much room for "new" whatever you mean by that. 

Evidence of what? You don't say.

Factual cogent arguments? Yes. History is full of them.

Am I suppose to be shaking in my boots now?

You have been threatening to show us the "real" you for awhile now. The cat's out of the bag so you can't switch gears and fool us. You are a typical apologist with no new angles and no evidence, only charges levied against your "enemies." So you can bugger off now or hang around for the abuse, it's up to you. What you people seem to forget is that virtually everyone here has been where you are; we are former pastors, teachers, scholars and devout believers for years. Most of us have made all the apologetic arguments and did the mental gymnastics until we couldn't avoid seeing the emperor's new clothes any longer.

< Am I suppose to be shaking in my boots now? >

More like "knock the dust off your sandals."

• Haha 2

Well he can build strawman too. Also fails again to provide any backing for his objections. Basically you atheists are arseholes and wrong.

https://youtu.be/VeuKE9_Egvw

Meanwhile we are still waiting for a substantive post refuting points and problems we have with God, religion, and the bible. 

5 hours ago, Astreja said:

Ah.  So you're one of those insufferable pricks who flings out unsupported criticisms (documented both here and on the blog) and then prays to Jesus for forgiveness, then.

I'm done playing with you.  May you lose your faith in the most excruciatingly emotionally painful way possible, and may that pain dominate every waking moment of your life until you come to appreciate our experiences as non-believers and feel remorse for your behaviour.

*plonk*

Thank God you're done. 

11 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Thank God you're done. 

Blasphemy! You should be thanking the invisible pink unicorn! May his horn thrust upon you. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, sdelsolray said:

Creepy dude.

1 hour ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Well he can build strawman too. Also fails again to provide any backing for his objections. Basically you atheists are arseholes and wrong.

https://youtu.be/VeuKE9_Egvw

Meanwhile we are still waiting for a substantive post refuting points and problems we have with God, religion, and the bible. 

All you gotta do is give your "interpretation" of scripture and put it up against the finest, consistent exegetical works of history. You prove from scripture the claims you make in light of them and I may begin to listen. As it is, there's not a competent one among you. I don't care where you've been, what you've done or who you've been as "former Christians". Youre worthless as far as handling scripture. That's the point of my video and you continue to prove it here. You do PRECISELY the things I say you do which IS the "backing" for my objections. Living and breathing right here.