Goodbye Jesus

What causes Uncertainty?

pittsburghjoe

He is testing if you are going to attempt to bring this fallen reality back after it's done.

1 minute ago, pittsburghjoe said:

He is testing if you are going to attempt to bring this fallen reality back after it's done.

An omniscient God would not have to test people. He would already know the answer.

• Thanks 1

• Admin
4 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Fallen from what?  Your presuppositional assertions?

Yes, he knows, we still have to live in it to understand why it is wrong.

1 minute ago, webmdave said:

Fallen from what? 

Presuppositional assertions?

Fallen from Grace ..fallen from perfect order.

• Admin
4 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Yes, he knows, we still had to live in it to understand why it is wrong.

Joe unsupportedly asserts. 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Fallen from Grace ..fallen from perfect order.

What grace? What perfect order? These are mere assertions from your imagination! 

2 minutes ago, webmdave said:

What grace? What perfect order? These are mere assertions from your imagination! 

I covered this in another thread. Perfect order exists in QM. It is a coherent wave that is infinite. It has the same amplitude everywhere. Physicality requires disorder of the wave. Wave packets are finite.

I'd like a message from God, please. God can you post a message yourself? I'm tired of the rabid Christians here and their assertions without any evidence. 

Just a short message, with magically glowing text...maybe 3D. And some angelic chant, "ahhhhhhhhhhhh". 

Someone might think I'm disrespecting their God or being snarky by asking him to ACTUALLY DO something, but I am sincere. And I've asked this before on this site and , as usual, nothing happened. If there is a REAL relationship to be had with Jesus Christ then he isnt stepping forward to have one. 

It's funny how you refuse to click on the video about the Shroud of Turin. As if you are afraid of the evidence it represents.

Jesus, please tell me about the Shroud of Turin. Please show up in person and let's talk about it. Or talk about anything at all, for that matter. If you exist I assume you can/are reading this message.

So, when I say direct evidence ruins the test ..you just don't register it?

Just let us all know of your reality, Jesus. Right here on this board. Really simple...send some cool magical text that would be impossible for anyone else to do.... 

Waiting for you, Jesus.

1 hour ago, sdelsolray said:

Well, to be fair, the concept of sin and what constitutes sin, significantly overlaps secular laws, ethics and expected behaviors.  The main distinction between them is identification of the source of each, i.e., whether they are (i) human constructs or (ii) something else.  The actual evidence supports the first.  The second, not surprisingly, is only supported by human mere assertions.

1 hour ago, webmdave said:

Actually, breaking a human law is not sinning. It is breaking a law. 

Owning slaves is not sinful. It was once legal all over the world. Now it is illegal most places.  It is a repulsive practice. It is an archaic practice. But is not a sin, even in Christianity. 

Yes, the concept of sin and what constitutes sin ("Sin") and secular laws, ethics and expected behaviors ("Human Laws") are different in certain respects and identical in certain respects.  As I mentioned, the claimed source of each is different.  Each prohibits murder.

And yes, slavery is not Sin in many parts of the Bible.  Slavery has become increasingly illegal under Human Laws.  Keep in mind that most earlier human societies considered slavery legal and ethical.  Not surprisingly, the societies existing at the time and in the places that the various books of the Bible were written considered slavery legal and ethical.  Tail wagging the dog.

• Admin
27 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Perfect order exists in QM. It is a coherent wave that is infinite. It has the same amplitude everywhere. Physicality requires disorder of the wave. Wave packets are finite.

Between this oddly inscrutable assertion and that old shroud sheet, what more evidence do we need, people? Good thing too, as the biblegod's book and the imaginary holy ghost have become woefully ineffective these days. 

Jesus, please just show yourself to us like you showed yourself to all those people 2000 years ago. It ought to be real easy for you, right? Showing up to people or chatting with Satan didnt mess with their free will so apparently it wont mess with my free will either. Right?

• Admin
14 minutes ago, sdelsolray said:

Yes, the concept of sin and what constitutes sin ("Sin") and secular laws, ethics and expected behaviors ("Human Laws")...

The word sin is confined to violating the commands of biblegod. 

Now, ethics... That is a different matter. Some human actions are universally considered "wrong," I agree. Murder, theft, rape... All quite destructive to society and therefore unacceptable. Society has been punishing such behavior throughout history. "Sin," however, is always a religious word meaning violating biblegod's commands. If biblegod commands genocide, disobeying that command is a sin.  There may be some crossover examples, but the concept of "sin" is not interchangeable with criminal or unethical behavior.

• Super Moderator

He's not talking about "sin" sin; he's talking about vectors and shit.

20210124_153251.jpg

• Haha 3

Vectors and particles and waves and wave function collapse, therefore Jebus!

• Haha 1

• Admin
3 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

He's not talking about "sin" sin; he's talking about vectors and shit.

20210124_153251.jpg

Thus spake Vectorthustra... 🤣

Poster pittsburghjoe should considering trying to monetize his non-sequitur marriage of quantum physics and his religious beliefs.  The gullible are numerous and many can likely be conned into sending him money.  They're just not here.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, pittsburghjoe said:

You have so much hate in your heart, it's sad to think about.

I won't presume to address the content of the Professor's "heart".

What many here are reacting to is you keep posting various scientific verbiage with no real apparent point to make.

What you are posting may seem clear and unambiguous to you, but it's clear that no one here understands what point you're trying to make.

You may or may not be sincere, but the overwhelming impression is you're just posting 'stuff' to see what reaction you can elicit.

• Super Moderator
3 minutes ago, alreadyGone said:

I won't presume to address the content of the Professor's "heart".

There's an aorta, a couple of ventricles, an atrium or two, along with a series of valves--tricuspid and what not--and an inferior vena cava.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Yes, he knows, we still have to live in it to understand why it is wrong.

He/It knows everything (i believe), we do not.  this is why Freedom of Mind is so very Important.  the unshackled mind can learn anything (theoretically).  become too shackled (by upbringing, by any wrong beliefs, ideas - Religious or Otherwise) and we run up against walls of our Mind.  without even knowing it.

we will be in the 'Dark' and yet think we are in the 'Light'.  we might lash out at others, make fun of them, even wrongly judge them , thinking they are wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.. endlessly against the very ideas that could help us learn even more 'truth' - about - Everything.