Goodbye Jesus

What causes Uncertainty?

pittsburghjoe

You are leaving out the part where we got ourselves into this mess.

• Super Moderator
14 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

We can think LIKE him, we are not all knowing.

Big difference between thinking and knowing.  And the bible (which you claim as authoritative) disagrees with you.

36 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

God is all about Love.

"Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money!"

4 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

You are leaving out the part where we got ourselves into this mess.

By behaving according to our nature.

As created by a God who knew how we would turn out...

Who doesn't make mistakes, but created us to be this flawed creature, told us not to do something He knew we would.

You tell us that we don't understand the seriousness of this all..    The seriousness of it all is why I was left with no choice but to leave my belief in God behind.

I was serious about this life.. God apparently, was not.

He plays weird jokes on us and watches us squirm.

2 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Big difference between thinking and knowing.  And the bible (which you claim as authoritative) disagrees with you.

Do you think a dog has an imagination or an extensive memory?

pittsburghjoe,

Are you Catholic?

So you're  certain that you know the mind of God.

While being of a faith which teaches that you can't even understand the Bible unless you have a priest to guide you.

A faith which revised the Bible to leave out the commandment against idolatry, just because.

9 hours ago, pittsburghjoe said:

The pentagram is Phi.
The eyes are the golden ratio. It is man taking the perception of Satan.

138418051_10157350257236086_6143166785520689334_o-sm.jpg

Wading through this thread. . . .Well, whatever you're smokin', Joe, I want some! You are mixing up all kinds of influences into your own special concoction of beliefs.

Seriously, though, I think you have to realize that your feelings about things. . . no matter how strong and confident and truthful they feel, are still. . . just feelings. It seems you are trying to make science, in particular, quantum theories, fit into what you already believe/feel is a conclusion. Perhaps a more open-minded approach would be worth trying?

19 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Actually, I do.  I know that dogs do have memories, and it appears from observation of rapid eye movement that dogs, cats and other mammals dream.

5 minutes ago, freshstart said:

Wading through this thread. . . .Well, whatever you're smokin', Joe, I want some! You are mixing up all kinds of influences into your own special concoction of beliefs.

Seriously, though, I think you have to realize that your feelings about things. . . no matter how strong and confident and truthful they feel, are still. . . just feelings. It seems you are trying to make science, in particular, quantum theories, fit into what you already believe/feel is a conclusion. Perhaps a more open-minded approach would be worth trying?

What is more open minded than phi (the golden ratio) being what this fallen reality is?

Just now, pittsburghjoe said:

What is more open minded than the phi (the golden ratio) being what this fallen reality is?

You're kidding me, right?  Mathematics, fallen?

You present as someone who is extremely uncomfortable with the irrationality of religious belief, so much so that you've spent entirely too much time trying to make absurdities conform to scientific principles.  It's a fool's errand that you're running, Joe.

The Golden Ratio is in nature ..Satan has authority of nature.

Just now, pittsburghjoe said:

You still haven't given any testable data to support the existence of "Satan."

7 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

Meaning what?

What does that say to us of the reality of God and his authority?

2 hours ago, pittsburghjoe said:

[My God] didn't want robots ..

An indoctrinated robot bleats.  Ironic. 

I've concluded this one is full of shit.  He is not worth any more time.  I'll go do other things.

45 minutes ago, pittsburghjoe said:

^^ That is crazy religious talk. 

I feel that God has blasphemed against me.

• Super Moderator
5 hours ago, pittsburghjoe said:

I think your bible tells you that god's thoughts are not our thoughts, so you are wrong about being able to think like god.  

• Admin

Is PJ's (@pittsburghjoe) quantum god perhaps otherwise known as "Q?"

Q-Judge-q-star-trek-10759391-450-600.jpg

Please excuse the brief interruption.:lmao:

• Super Moderator

It seems quite apparent that god can not think like us.  If a man sets out to create something, and later discovers his creation has a flaw, he doesn't blame his creation, or try to destroy it.  He certainly doesn't kill himself expecting that doing so will fix the problem.  Instead, he will work out solutions to the flaw so that the 2.0 version will be even better. 

god obviously did not.  When god's creation exhibited the flaw he created us with, he told us it was our fault, kicked us out of paradise, and threatened us with eternal damnation.   Then, he went on to destroy the world in a flood, because he was sorry he made us the way he did.  Finally, he killed himself to prove to us how much it was our fault for being the way he made us, and to save us from his own anger and hatred of us.  What a pathetic little despot god must be.

Also, the holy spirit is a dumbass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's like you don't read anything I have typed.

8 hours ago, alreadyGone said:

Meaning what?

What does that say to us of the reality of God and his authority?

Man gave Satan authority when we decided to follow him. We used to have authority of nature.