Goodbye Jesus

My People Are Destroyed By Lack Of Knowledge

Scott

That would be "wolves in sheep clothing". True Christianity is not deceitful; it is truth. All those who hear His voice, hear the truth.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott

• KT45

• Ramen666

• Antlerman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, that's what you have convinced yourself to believe. How many crazy people actually know that they're crazy?

Taylork, there would be nothing to live for. I know this sounds like I'm just making up an imaginary friend to give my life meaning, but nothing could be farth from the truth. Not to mention all the voids God has filled in my life.

Curious. Before you became a christian, did you always feel life wasn't worth living?

That's great. First you say

If Christianity is torture, then why do Christians seem to be at peace?

Then you turn around and say

Sadly, you're right. I've only seen two people in person who are truly at peace with God. My mother and my Pastor.
Did you just not think it through? Are christians not really at peace at all, or are there just so few 'real' christians that those are the only two you've ever seen? If it's the latter, how do you explain all the muslims that 'seem' at peace? Or the Jews who don't seem the least bit worried about their condemnation, or Buddhists, or Pagans?

Sadly, you're right. I've only seen two people in person who are truly at peace with God. My mother and my Pastor. And I don't doubt there will be others who depart from the Faith. The Bible says in the last days men will depart from the Faith. Sin and deceit will be rampant.

So in all your travels in life, you have seen only two who are at "peace" with your god, and you didn't even include yourself. And then in your next bit of babble, do you mean to suggest that if you're not at peace, you've departed from your faith? Are you saying all those christians who are not at peace (the drunks, wife beaters, etc) are no longer christians? So then are they ex-christians? But what of us that are ex-christians, and can still say we are at peace? Oh yeah...those dreaded "last days"...well, here's news: Your idea of "sin" and deceit have always been rampant, with or without christianity. The founders of your religion are among the chiefs of deceivers.

More incoherent fundieprattle.

I think we need to leave this guy alone. How are we going to feel if we hear that he has offed himself?

I think we need to leave this guy alone. How are we going to feel if we hear that he has offed himself?

1. How precisely are we to know that he has "offed himself"?

2. How is his "offing himself" our fault?

3. If he is SO fragile, then maybe he should withdraw himself from the field of contention. HE has come to US, not the other way around. If anyone is to do the "leaving", then let it be Scott.

4. Don't be silly and overdramatic. We're just talking here. It's not like I can actually wrap my hands around his throat, nor brow beat him into submission.

because Christianity teaches people to repress their conflicts and to cover them with a Jesus band-aid. poor man's psychotherapy... "poor man's platonism"

christians just call this "forgiveness" and "reconciliation."

Everglaze, I didn't convince myself of anything. I was brought up in Christianity and when I departed from it, I came back to it.

Taylork, yes I did.

Dhampir, all Christians are not at peace. I think it's because they don't truly take the Word of God into themselves.

Piprus, "No drunkard will inherit the Kingdom of God" and "Husbands, love your wife as Christ loved the Church and gave Himself for it." Do you even know what a Christian is?

Crunk Bishop, what is so terrible about casting your cares to Him "For He cares for you"?

Dhampir, all Christians are not at peace. I think it's because they don't truly take the Word of God into themselves.
Then why did you point out that they seem to be at peace? You basically just said that statistically, there has to be at least a few christians at peace. This would also mean that there are no more christians at peace than buddhists, muslims or pagans, and probably fewer, if the only ones you know are your mom and pastor.

Guest Donjared

Hi Scott,

Geez, you must be made of Teflon to keep bouncing back from these brutal attacks. :grin: I hope you are giggling as you type your responses.

I wish you well in what you are doing. If it brings you peace and joy, then it's all good. I was very happy as a Christian. I would sometimes get annoyed at the hypocrisy of some, but people are people. Atheists undoubtedly don't hold hyprocrisy as a worthwhile ethic, but there are hypocritical Atheists too. So big deal.

For my part, Christianity just stopped making sense at some point. I found I was always trying to reassure myself that it was true. I was always defending the myth in my own mind. Finally I just had enough. I had to admit that I really didn't believe it anymore. So, it was time for me to go and I left. You seem an inqisitive fellow who likes to exchange ideas. I expect this will eventually lead to you changing your ideas about things. Don't be frightened at this. Just absorb your surroundings and enjoy the ride. That's what I'm doing and it's way fun.

Crunk Bishop, what is so terrible about casting your cares to Him "For He cares for you"?[/b]

because shouldn't we "work out our own salvation with fear and trembling?"

I want to point something out to you Scott. You said:

Then after hearing our responses you said:

Sadly, you're right. I've only seen two people in person who are truly at peace with God. My mother and my Pastor. And I don't doubt there will be others who depart from the Faith. The Bible says in the last days men will depart from the Faith. Sin and deceit will be rampant.

I would like you to note that the first instance you were justifying the faith to yourself in pointing out how well it works for giving peace to all Christians (which is what you were implying). Then you point out how you have only seen two such Christians with peace in the hearts.

This then illustrates clearly that faith has nothing to do with peace. It has to do with individuals. I feel much, much more peace now in my life than when I was Christian. I think almost everyone on this site would say the same for themselves.

Again, I’d like to pay attention how you are trying to “prove” your faith to yourself, and how you are not succeeding in doing this.

I do wish you the very best in your pursuit of what you are looking for with us. We are more than happy to share our experiences with you for you to look at.

Peace

Everglaze, I didn't convince myself of anything. I was brought up in Christianity and when I departed from it, I came back to it.

You convinced yourself. It's that plain and simple. Without convincement, you wouldn't be involved with your "righteous world." Being brought up in Christianity means that you were somehow convinced into believing and the same goes for your return. You convince yourself all the time without actually realizing it.

You know, I find it rather interesting that Scott bolds his posts, just like some regular here. Yes you. You know who you are, Isaac.

"but there are hypocritical Atheists too."

DJ, I am interested to hear an example of your acquaintance with a hypocritical atheist.

You know, I find it rather interesting that Scott bolds his posts, just like some regular here. Yes you. You know who you are, Isaac.

I find it to be insulting, tough on the eyes and arrogant. When I was still communicating with Scott, or attempting to, I just unbolded his msg upon quoting. I notice that others are also doing that, now.

1. How precisely are we to know that he has "offed himself"?

2. How is his "offing himself" our fault?

3. If he is SO fragile, then maybe he should withdraw himself from the field of contention. HE has come to US, not the other way around. If anyone is to do the "leaving", then let it be Scott.

4. Don't be silly and overdramatic. We're just talking here. It's not like I can actually wrap my hands around his throat, nor brow beat him into submission.

OK, whatever. I hadn't realized that "he asked for it" was PC now. Do as thou wilt.

Taylork, there would be nothing to live for. I know this sounds like I'm just making up an imaginary friend to give my life meaning, but nothing could be farth from the truth. Not to mention all the voids God has filled in my life.

When you weren't a christian couldn't you live just to, you know, enjoy life? Did life suck that much?

Piprus, "No drunkard will inherit the Kingdom of God" and "Husbands, love your wife as Christ loved the Church and gave Himself for it." Do you even know what a Christian is?

Why do you constantly evade questions by quote-mining babble verses?? And yes, I know damn well what a christian is. I WAS one...or have you forgotten what this site is? (Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit...Prov 26:5)

Guest Donjared

DJ, I am interested to hear an example of your acquaintance with a hypocritical atheist.

Don't be silly Roman. (Cool name btw, I just finished watching the first two episodes of HBO's ROME on DVD, great stuff)

Surely you don't mean to imply that hypocritical Atheists don't exist. I'm not suggesting they are hypocritical because of their Atheism. I was only trying to point out that hypocrisy is a human trait, and not the quality of any one group. I believe that rich, fat, Totalitarian atheistic dictators claiming to represent the common people, while starving these very same people to death is hypocritical. I would also suggest that Bible believing democratically elected Demagogues are equally hypocritical using religion to get elected. People are people no matter what badge they choose to wear. You don't need to be a Christian to be corrupted by power. Just watch those Pagan perverts in ROME to see what I mean. :grin:

i think you've got it right piprus,

since Scott only seems to accept the authority of the Bible, we should just quote scripture back at him.

Don't be silly Roman. (Cool name btw, I just finished watching the first two episodes of HBO's ROME on DVD, great stuff)

Surely you don't mean to imply that hypocritical Atheists don't exist. I'm not suggesting they are hypocritical because of their Atheism. I was only trying to point out that hypocrisy is a human trait, and not the quality of any one group. I believe that rich, fat, Totalitarian atheistic dictators claiming to represent the common people, while starving these very same people to death is hypocritical. I would also suggest that Bible believing democratically elected Demagogues are equally hypocritical using religion to get elected. People are people no matter what badge they choose to wear. You don't need to be a Christian to be corrupted by power. Just watch those Pagan perverts in ROME to see what I mean. :grin:

Mmm...very good point.

You misapprehend. I meant just what I said. I thought you had a specific story to share, and I wanted to hear it. I am of an age to be quite experienced with hypocrisy of all kinds.

The Roman Empire btw is one of my literary hobbies, a favorite. I have many books on Rome...scholarly works, historical novels, and what-have-you.

i think you've got it right piprus,

since Scott only seems to accept the authority of the Bible, we should just quote scripture back at him.

I agree. I think that if we wish to work Scott over a little bit, then this would be the most effective tactic. I don't think that he recognizes any authority other than the Bible.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact than a drunken man is happier than a sober one." -George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

Bold AND Red make it more true.

Bruce