Goodbye Jesus

You Know You're A Fundy When ...... (fill In The Blank)

Open_Minded

You are convinced without a shadow of a doubt... it's open season on Christians.
OOOPS..... Wrong thread Pug - you should have posted this in the "You know you're a fundy thread....

Just imported this from "You know your an Ex-C" thread... Pug got confused..... :wicked:

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Open_Minded

• Amethyst

• godlessgrrl

• Toxic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

887. When you insist that Jesus commands you to love your enemies, yet you declare undying hatred for various groups of people while claiming to be a True Christian™

Hmmm. Nahh, this is the correct interpretation:

888. When you insist that Jesus commands you to love your enemies, yet you declare undying hatred for various groups of people while claiming to be a True Christian; and you wake up one day and realise it would be better to claim to be a fundy ex-c where you don't have to insist that Jesus commands you to love your enemies, yet you can declare undying hatred for various groups of people while claiming to be a fundy ex-c.

What groups of people have anyone here declared undying hatred for? I don't remember any.

887. When you insist that Jesus commands you to love your enemies, yet you declare undying hatred for various groups of people while claiming to be a True Christian™

888. When you insist that Jesus commands you to love your enemies, yet you declare undying hatred for various groups of people while claiming to be a True Christian; and you wake up one day and realise it would be better to claim to be a fundy ex-c where you don't have to insist that Jesus commands you to love your enemies, yet you can declare undying hatred for various groups of people while claiming to be a fundy ex-c.

What groups of people have anyone here declared undying hatred for? I don't remember any.

I think he's talking about how me and Varokar(?) have been giving him a beating for spewing complete garbage and how that shows we hate Christians... or something like that.

Funny thing is, it's only Christians that I've heard declaring undying hatred for groups in all the time I've been here... which would be just over 3 years, what with all the forum changes.

:eek:

890. You live in LaLa land - where "up" is "down" and "down" is "up".

Smartass! You don't have to be religous to have the fundy mindset. I agree but most here don't "hate" Christians. I just hate what their beliefs do to other people including myself.

You have learned nothing since you've been here. Why are you still here, pug? You have no respect for anyone here and frankly, we don't respect people who are arrogant, condescending, and make statements based on what they pull out of their ass like this one. If there is one thing that irritates me, it is people who have an grossly overinflated opinoin of themselves and look down on others becasue they dare to think and believe differently. I don't hate them, they get on my nerves.

Exactly which groups of people are we supposed to have undying hatred of? Do tell us please.

891) You choose your religious beliefs over your loved ones. :(

Oh Rosa.... :HappyCry:(Cyber Hug) :wub::wub:

892. You think you're non-Christian loved ones have been "lost" to the devil (and you still think you can experience "heaven" without them). :(

You are convinced without a shadow of a doubt... it's open season on Christians.
OOOPS..... Wrong thread Pug - you should have posted this in the "You know you're a fundy thread....

Just imported this from "You know your an Ex-C" thread... Pug got confused..... :wicked:

open season

n.

1. The period during which it is legal to hunt or catch game or fish.

2. Informal: A time of unrestrained harassment, criticism, or attack

Thus,

You know you're an ex-c when you are convinced without a shadow of a doubt... it's a time of unrestrained harassment, criticism, or attack (open season) on Christians.

Whose confused? :thanks:

open season

n.

1. The period during which it is legal to hunt or catch game or fish.

2. Informal: A time of unrestrained harassment, criticism, or attack

Thus,

You know you're an ex-c when you are convinced without a shadow of a doubt... it's a time of unrestrained harassment, criticism, or attack (open season) on Christians.

Whose confused? :thanks:

That would be you.... Fundies consider it to be open season on Christians, while the reality is, it's nothing of the kind.

Mind you, fundies also twist the facts to try and make a lie into the truth... :scratch:

893. Your name on an Ex-Christian site is Pug....

894) You believe the eternal torment and suffering of millions of people is a sign of God's "love" (*vomits*). :ugh:

• 4 months later...

895. In order to get away with cheating a fellow Christian out of his money, you hide behind Paul's statement that Christians shouldn't sue each other.

This happened to me while I was still a xtian. It's a long story, but this fucking pastor deliberately screwed me over financially. He knows that he would probably win a legal battle against me, because he knows how to manipulate the law, but when I told him that he was morally and ethically wrong he didn't have anything to say in his defense. I may yet find a way to bring him to justice, but until then I take comfort in knowing that if he's a "true" Christian, then he has to be afraid of burning in hell for eternity.

Grandpa Harley's Dictionary #1

Conservative Christian - 1 A person with a pallid pink brain that waits to be offended and then complains loudly that something has gone beyond their milk toast sensibilities

2 Someone with a surgically removed sense of humour and perspective.

3 An anally retentive individual that was toilet trained at gun point with lots of shouting.

4 A belief set that means one knows what the Lord would do if he had the facts of the matter (see 'Fanatic')

5 A person who, having no imagination, thinks no-one else should have one either and will kill to maintain that belief.

I have noticed a lot of old threads that disapear are returning from their eternal torment? I see this as a trend.

895. You have large numbers of paintings and statues of the virgin Mary and baby Jesus all over your house.

I visited some Philippino friends that I met in the Philippines - they have moved to OZ - to say hello and see how they are dealing with life in the "Dust bowl" (as Gramps puts it). I was a bit taken aback. As you enter the house there is an almost life size statue of the virgin Mary in the entrance surrounded by candles and flowers, I thought I had walked into a church. Then as you walk down their hallway there are lots of paintings of the baby Jesus - those ones with all the primary colours and big splashes of gold leaf. In the living room there is a kind of altar with a big picture of the virgin mary on it and all the pictures of the family members. It was creepy.

896. They are fundies that have pictures of baby Cheezus, However they do not get they are breaking a commandment in their own Babble.

897. A Christian looks at my avatar and says she is not hot. Then repents to the lawd later.

898. You say you believe in freedom of religion as long as it is Christianity.

899. You are standing on the US Border wanting any illegal immigrants out because you have the fear of Catholicism (even though they are Christians)

900. You say the Babble is flawless and can't be corrupted by man, even though man wrote the damn thing.

895. In order to get away with cheating a fellow Christian out of his money, you hide behind Paul's statement that Christians shouldn't sue each other.

This happened to me while I was still a xtian. It's a long story, but this fucking pastor deliberately screwed me over financially. He knows that he would probably win a legal battle against me, because he knows how to manipulate the law, but when I told him that he was morally and ethically wrong he didn't have anything to say in his defense. I may yet find a way to bring him to justice, but until then I take comfort in knowing that if he's a "true" Christian, then he has to be afraid of burning in hell for eternity.

Err, maybe mine should be "895(B)"? :)

#901. You steal cable or satellite television for your church; then when you're caught, you try to justify it as being for the church.

That's a real experience also. A couple of years ago, I noticed that a local public access pray-TV program was stealing content and using it for their own purposes (and, I might add, being incredibly blatant about it). I tracked down the rightful copyright owners of the material and phoned them. A few days later, the pray-TV program went off the air. Somehow the pastor who was running the thing found out that I was the one who had blown the whistle on him, and he phoned me, rather angrily. He went through a spiel about how I had impeded God's work, how dare I do such a thing, etc. Pathetic.

Oops, that line should have read, "maybe mine should be 895( b ) ?" -- it read it as an emoticon.

Guest Bright

902. You homeschool your kids, instilling a distrust in science, then wonder why American children score the lowest on science aptitude tests, and yet get angry at the policy of inviting large numbers of foreign doctors, engineers and scientists, many of whom aren't Christian.

Guest BradtheImpaler

Lordy! I confess I didn't read all 902 but I'll take it by faith (hee hee) that no one else has said...

903) You know you're a fundy when...

...you denounce Harry Potter as witchcraft while secretly lusting after Emma Watson.

Lordy! I confess I didn't read all 902 but I'll take it by faith (hee hee) that no one else has said...

...you denounce Harry Potter as witchcraft while secretly lusting after Emma Watson.

Your "faith" does not serve you well. :wicked:

See number 744 :grin:

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?s=&a...st&p=234423

But - thanks for playing the game - we have some nice gifts waiting for you at the door.

:wicked:

904) Someone asserts that God does not have an ego and this disturbes you.

Guest BradtheImpaler

Your "faith" does not serve you well. :wicked:

See number 744 :grin:

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?s=&a...st&p=234423

But - thanks for playing the game - we have some nice gifts waiting for you at the door.

:wicked:

Oh c'mon! It didn't have the "Emma Watson" punchline. Totally different.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest drekmac

I apologize if there are repeats and for not reading all 14 pages, but....

http://www.evilbible.com/Top_Ten_List.htm

905 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

906 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

907- You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

908 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

909- You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

910 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

911- You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

912- While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

913- You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

914- You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.