• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• Deva

• SWIM

• sojourner

I got tired of getting beaten for asking questions, so by your definition I handed it back... and I was never really convinced... but then, the whole Santa clause thing seemed so unlikely that I never believed that, other than to indulge elderly relatives...

BTW, Zealot... remember you're being tolerated here...

this is not a chess game

It's not no... but getting an answer that isn't insane out of the likes of you is like pulling teeth...

literally or figuratively

Literally... this is an Ex-Christian support group. You're like a booze seller handing out samples at an AA meeting... not a popular thing to be.

I'll happily discuss engineering stuff... computer stuff... astronomy or anything else under the sun... you tty to defend Christianity or any other thesitic religion and I'm afraid I don't see the need to respect crazy unless it's telling me stuff with a gun pointed at my head...

Hell is the flip side of the Gift, so it's equally discussable here...

I said I would appreciate it, not I demand it. So you decided out of pressure? This is like pulling teeth

I decided to walk because of pressure? No... when anyone tries that hard to prove something is true, and gets to yelling and hitting you, then they're covering up something. I knew that aged 5...

See... back to crazy-fool gibber-gabber...

Most mainstream Christian doctrines hold that Hell is a place of eternal punishment. It's certainly the view the founding fathers of the faith (specifically Eusebeius) held. The prevailing view of Hell here is that it most likely doesn't exist, and if mainstream Christian doctrine is correct, then the God is unfair, since a transient transgression is no need for permanent punishment...

if it is exists, then why would you not make the punishment more severe....i.e. a secondary subjection to God's hand or longer stint without Him?

if it is exists, then why would you not make the punishment more severe....i.e. a secondary subjection to God's hand or longer stint without Him?

A priori assumption of God existing... but even within the doctrine my assertion that I could offer to give you something, and if you refused it I set you on fire then sand off the crusty bits, and you know that I'll do that... would you regard it as a gift?

It's not logical

Let's decide it is a decision, and if so, then, as I just posted with Hans, why would I not accept the consequences? I don't know that it is literal fire. I don't know the mechanism.

Yes it's a choice, but it's not exactly 'loving.' it's basically an abusive relationship... certainly not accepting us as we are... thus, if I were a religious person, I'd regard your god as an idiot who is at best a powerful demon with prentions and some pretty big self image issues...

So, it's a choice to accept but is it a 'gift' if basically it's handed over with menaces?

So if you "hear the good news", then you stand already convicted by default?

If by the 'good news' you mean that some 1st century Jewish terrorist got nailed to tree for stealing a donkey, I've heard it... and yes, by not 'believing' that he was wasted for my sins, I stand convicted... but this is well clear of being a gift... if one gets punished for not accepting a 'gift' it's beginning to sound like an edict or law rather than a gift... so much for 'free will' best one can hope for in Christianity is oblivion and worst is eternal torment for using it and thinking 'this sounds like bullshit - Moving stars, virgin births, dead coming back to life... naa... fucking nonsense' Next you have devils pounding pineapples up your arse...

I will have to come back later. I enjoyed the the visit.

Just like herpes...

I don't even like my use of of the word punishment.

Then why do you?

It's God's will to punish 10 Billion people and only save 144,000. There's only handfull of the true Christians, and there's a chance you're not one of them. Sorry. Play again.