Goodbye Jesus

Salvation A Free Gift?

Deva

No, there is where you are incorrect, because at any time, you could ask to return to God and He would let you.

Nope.

Unforgivable sin. Say it outload right now, or type it. I dare you if you believe what you just wrote. Reply with Just this only: I end3 deny the existance of the holy ghost/spirit.

Say it with no disclaimers or preamble, or "escape" explainations, just to prove to us you mean what you write above. I dare you.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• Deva

• SWIM

• sojourner

Do you know with certainty he did? Your average carpenter, in his own land, speaks the local dialect... at that time it was Aramaic. Even if he had a grasp of Hebrew (which was only used in Temple at that time) or Greek (which was the language of traders) it's still not his first language, nor was it the language he'd have learned at his mother's knee... seems to me you're not just raping English, but you're grasping at straws...

You're claiming that a carpenter spoke Greek in a land that spoke Aramaic and communicated with native Aramaic speakers in a language they only knew (at best) for buying and selling stuff, not grasping eternal truths. I speak pretty good dutch for a foreigner, which means I can use the bus over there, buy beer and not starve on the street. It doens't mean I could preach in the language... or communicate a wholly English concept in Dutch... and English and Dutch are pretty similar. Hebrew and Greek are not even close... So, you introduced the nonsense claiming some sort of Gospel accuracy when it's replete with anachronisms from post AD70 and over flowing with concepts that could not be taught in the language of the region to the audience it is claimed it was aimed at.

Effectively, you're talking nonsense...

Michael,

I stand corrected, but would argue that this applies to a "saved" person that has done this, not an initial "unsaved" person.

Michael,

I stand corrected, but would argue that this applies to a "saved" person that has done this, not an initial "unsaved" person.

Oh, Really? I didn't see that part, chapter and verse please?

Michael,

Oh, Really? I didn't see that part, chapter and verse please?

And if you do find it, bear in mind there are plenty on this board that not only have been saved before, but have even been honest from the heart preachers too. Many of them have no problem saying it, are you saying the door is sealed shut for them?

So I throw a real world example out there and now you play the God card, oh, this is salvation we are talking about.....no, this is a flesh and bones example, and you can't say it always happens one way, so how can you deny my point.

Let me give you another since I am on a roll. Who among us, if we were lucky enough to have reasonably good parents, were kicked out of the house when we did not see eye to eye after becoming teenagers. Or did we stay out of harms way because they loved us and let us stay home?

End, what is your goal, exactly? Are you hoping to save someone here? Or just argue till your fingers bleed? Those who are regulars do not want to be brought back into the fold. You would do well to read Matthew 7:6 before you lose interest in helping those who are seeking. I know that seems a bit harsh but take it from someone who has been here before (some of you here may remember me. Hello again :grin:). The conversations are the same now that they were the last time I was here, a year ago.

Now, I am not trying to call anyone pigs or dogs here. It is merely an example of advice given. Why waste time trying to convince someone who doesn't want to be convinced? Here is all they really need to hear. It's called the "Law" (or the 10 commandments)

1 You shall have no other gods before me.

2 You shall not make for yourself an idol. You shal not bow down to them or worship them

3 You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.

4 Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work.

5 Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you.

6 You shall not murder.

7 You shall not commit adultery.

8 You shall not steal.

9 You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

10You shall not covet

People do not go to hell for denying Christ; they go to hell for breaking our Sovereign God's laws. Before one can be saved, they first need to realize, and admit, they NEED to be saved. The Law is the mirror that helps us see our sin through God's eyes, in order that we may be humbled. Sin is very serious to a Holy, Just and loving God. Holy, because of who He is. Just, because He was willing to give us the Law (rules, just as all caring parents do). And loving, because He sent His son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for our sins. Accepting, upon Himself, the punishment we rightfully deserve. Thus providing an escape route from the eternal damnation we have earned.

Man can deny the existence of God if he so chooses. Man can deny that the existence of hell if he so chooses.

I can deny the existence of semi-trucks; but, if I walk into the middle of a road and get hit by one, my denial changes nothing. The reality of the situation will still take it's course. I'm still dead.

If you go to a doctor, for a health check-up, and he discovers you have all the earmarks of an imminent heart attack, due to your unhealthy habits and lifestyle, what would you rather hear?

"Everything is fine, there's nothing wrong with your health. You're doing great! Heart attacks aren't real, anyways."

or "You're on the road to death! Listen to me! If you don't make some serious changes right now, you will, without a doubt, die! Let me help you."

If your doctor cares, there is no doubt what his response would be. No Holy, Just and Loving God would let you die in your sin without warning, you of your condition, first.

Here is your warning: God is real, sin is real, hell is real... salvation is very, very real. Being angry at God, for any reason, will not change this reality.

Mark 3:29 - Scribes willfully redounding, bound for eternal separation. Seems to say, that if your heart is not zealously there, than the person may not be liable.

End, what is your goal, exactly? Are you hoping to save someone here? Or just argue till your fingers bleed? Those who are regulars do not want to be brought back into the fold. You would do well to read Matthew 7:6 before you lose interest in helping those who are seeking. I know that seems a bit harsh but take it from someone who has been here before (some of you here may remember me. Hello again :grin: ). The conversations are the same now that they were the last time I was here, a year ago.

And what does this say to you other then in that *year* not a single one of you changed anything in this pool of sinners. In fact I would guess membership has grown, I was not here a year ago. Hi (wave) I guess the holy ghost was not strong enough in *any* chrisitian who tried to cut their teeth here, in fact there have been a few de-converts (swaying back and forth groaning "join us... join us.."). Guess satan really got em' a foothold here eh?

Now, I am not trying to call anyone pigs or dogs here. It is merely an example of advice given. Why waste time trying to convince someone who doesn't want to be convinced? Here is all they really need to hear. It's called the "Law" (or the 10 commandments)

Why say it then? Oh your not thinking it either, I got it, you just caught a glimpse out of the corner of your eye at a painting with those in it right? No freudian slip here, noooo...

Not even jesus. (jewish version)

2 You shall not make for yourself an idol. You shal not bow down to them or worship them

No crosses or statues. Now now, naughty naughty

3 You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.

So everyone in the world that's said god damn it!!! Is out, zip nada, no reward in heaven.. okay dookie....

4 Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work.

Saturday or sunday? There is a sect out there totally convinced that it's saturday... hmmm guess someone gets it right at least...

5 Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you.

Suppose your mother is dead and your father is a crack head? Uhm... nevermind...

6 You shall not murder.

People? Kinda vauge... Ok lets say people, uhm... soldiers... And its "Though Shalt Not Kill" btw... doh!

Yet it is done in the bible quite a lot.

8 You shall not steal.

Good idea.

Uhm, there's not many left to actually make it into heaven at this point eh?

10You shall not covet

Well, you seem to covet a deeper understand of your religion? Or don't you?....

People do not go to hell for denying Christ; they go to hell for breaking our Sovereign God's laws.

So in a nutshell, you just perfectly explained why nobody at all is going to escape hell. Thank you for that gem of wisdom and hope.

Before one can be saved, they first need to realize, and admit, they NEED to be saved.

Suppose they never come to that conclusion? Raised a muslim etc etc, are they then toast? Surely they break some of the commandments sometimes... Whats god say about them? Screw em?

The Law is the mirror that helps us see our sin through God's eyes, in order that we may be humbled.

No the law is a list of rules period. It appears from a page in a book, not through some magical floating eyes...

Sin is very serious to a Holy, Just and loving God. Holy, because of who He is. Just, because He was willing to give us the Law (rules, just as all caring parents do). And loving, because He sent His son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for our sins. Accepting, upon Himself, the punishment we rightfully deserve. Thus providing an escape route from the eternal damnation we have earned.

You must really hate yourself deep down inside if your self worth is so low you think you have *earned* eternal damnation. I feel so profoundly sorry for you.

Man can deny the existence of God if he so chooses. Man can deny that the existence of hell if he so chooses.

I can deny the existence of semi-trucks; but, if I walk into the middle of a road and get hit by one, my denial changes nothing. The reality of the situation will still take it's course. I'm still dead.

We know a semi-truck exists cause it was built in detroit, we know god exists (proof) why again? See the difference?

If you go to a doctor, for a health check-up, and he discovers you have all the earmarks of an imminent heart attack, due to your unhealthy habits and lifestyle, what would you rather hear?

"Everything is fine, there's nothing wrong with your health. You're doing great! Heart attacks aren't real, anyways."

But we know heart attacks are real.. ding dong!

or "You're on the road to death! Listen to me! If you don't make some serious changes right now, you will, without a doubt, die! Let me help you."

If your doctor cares, there is no doubt what his response would be. No Holy, Just and Loving God would let you die in your sin without warning, you of your condition, first.

Sure he will! He won't show up on CNN cure any amputees, sends demons instead of angels to re-convert (lol inside joke) or appear to you personally like it is promised in the bible. Sure, he has left us all without warning. We have valid and sound reasons to discard the religion and not one shred of evidence, personal or scientific, to ever believe it. Why should we?

your warning: God is real, sin is real, hell is real... salvation is very, very real. Being angry at God, for any reason, will not change this reality.

Warning? PLUEASE wingnut, if that isn't the most self righteous, snobbish bullshit I have read in a while... You must rank up there pretty high on the bullshit leader scale if you think you can issue *warnings* with any authority..

Have a nice day.

Mark 3:29 - Scribes willfully redounding, bound for eternal separation. Seems to say, that if your heart is not zealously there, than the person may not be liable.

LOL even you have to admit that's pretty weak LOL, you'll have to do a bit better then that ole bean.

Sorry, ding, try again.

No, Michael, seems to be pretty simple, you willfully reject Christ, it's His call........from the Greek to the best of my understanding at this time.

No idea Kat,

Kind of like the waters of Laodicea, at least these people are cold. My church is "comfortably" warm.......week after week after week after week......

Great! All I need of a Wednesday... a convention of Crack pipe Crazies having a love-in in my inbox

Suggestion to Rainman and the Widow Insanity... FUCK OFF AND SELL YOUR SNAKE OIL TO SOME ONE WHO BUYS YOUR NEEDFUL MADNESS...

We've all seen the love of your god here, and found it wanting...

And

"My church is "comfortably" warm.......week after week after week after week...... "

Just makes you sound like a meths sipping wino who's found a broken window to the basement of the place... and a lot of those guys hear voices too...

People do not go to hell for denying Christ; they go to hell for breaking our Sovereign God's laws. Before one can be saved, they first need to realize, and admit, they NEED to be saved. The Law is the mirror that helps us see our sin through God's eyes, in order that we may be humbled. Sin is very serious to a Holy, Just and loving God. Holy, because of who He is. Just, because He was willing to give us the Law (rules, just as all caring parents do). And loving, because He sent His son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for our sins. Accepting, upon Himself, the punishment we rightfully deserve. Thus providing an escape route from the eternal damnation we have earned.

[edit]

If you go to a doctor, for a health check-up, and he discovers you have all the earmarks of an imminent heart

Here is your warning: God is real, sin is real, hell is real... salvation is very, very real. Being angry at God, for any reason, will not change this reality.

Kat22 and End3 - would you say salvation is a free gift?

Kat - your comparison of the reality of a Mack truck and such concepts as sin, hell and salvation was very funny. Thanks for a good laugh. I need it, my job has been pretty rough this week. Thanks a lot.

You mean, there is more than just one God? Wow! What about those who have "no" gods? There isn't a before or after, technically...I'm clear! :woohoo:

I'm clear here too...I do not bow to anyone or anything.

All right, I'm on my way to heaven! I've never said YHWHDAMN....ooops, I just blew it. :Doh:

Safe here too, I get to pick my own day off just like the Christians.

Well, I'm not a member of the tribe of Israel so I don't worry about that one, I live in America.

6 You shall not murder.

Safe yet again.

Awesome, I've never cheated on my hubby.

8 You shall not steal.

Never stole.

Nope, haven't done that either.

10You shall not covet

Welp, YHWHDAMNIT, you got me there. Oh, does this mean that believers shouldn't covet computers, tv's, nice homes, nice cars, etc. or are those dismissed from the list of things not to covet?

Hey End3... you gonna answer my question?

What happens if you do NOT believe? Do you still get the "gift" of salvation?

Never done that... guess I'm clear on that one.
Never done that either... but I know quite a few Christians who love bowing down and worshiping crosses...
Never once sworn an oath in God's name, then broken it... which is the meaning of that commandment, not any of that "ZOMG!"!!!!11! You iz using God az teh swearz!!!!111!!!" bullcrap that Christians love to accuse people of.
Never broken that one... but there's a whole chunk of Christians who do.
First, I've never dishonoured them... second, what land?? I've never been given any land to live in.
6 You shall not murder.

Never done either of those...
8 You shall not steal.
Not since I was very young, and I prayed for forgiveness as well as confessing to the person I stole from. According to the Bable, that means the slate was wiped clean so I'm good, yes?
Can't say I've ever done that...
10You shall not covet
Finish the commandment... You shall not covet your neighbours belongings. Guess that means the ads you see on TV are ok, since they're not your neighbours. (God really didn't see that invention coming, did he?)

Oh, and I don't covet anyway, so I'm clear both ways. :)

People do not go to hell for denying Christ; they go to hell for breaking our Sovereign God's laws.

Cool... I'm going to Heaven then.

Madame you may not be a christian universalist but those are many of the very arguements that for me were very convincing that there is indeed no eternal torment in hell.

if there were then absolutely to me Jesus would have to be in a firey pit being tormented as we speak and for all eternity.

eternal torment was not ever mentioned to Adam and Eve either, you would think if something like that were real and as important as encompassing all of eternity God might just mention it, even just put it somewhere in the fine print but at least mention it ya know

sojourner

It's called the "Law" (or the 10 commandments)

Um....teeny little problem....HOW many commandments are there?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments

The Torah includes hundreds of commandments (traditionally 613), including the ten from the Decalogue. Therefore, when compared to the whole canon of Jewish law, the Ten Commandments are not given any greater significance in observance or special status.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/613_mitzvot

No, Michael, seems to be pretty simple, you willfully reject Christ, it's His call........from the Greek to the best of my understanding at this time.

mark 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

Thats the quote you gave me when you said ONLY THE SAVED can reject the holy spook, so I said *really* chapter an verse please, that's why I called mulligan on you dumbass, where does it say anything at all about only the saved?

Or do you mean mark 3:28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

Sons of MEN not MAN means everyone.

Retard, read it before you quote it.

That's why I said WRONG try again. I don't call bullshit on a reasonably good attempt to answer, only on half-assed attempts.

Doesn't compare, because the truck hitting a person and killing him has a better "track-record" (hihi) than God healing or doing miracles or answering prayers or show any evidence of his existence.

You're comparing a physical truck with Santa Claus.

Because a doctor is real, and sickness is experienced in your life and medicine is proven to work for most of the time... it doesn't make a fantasy real.

You know, you better start behaving good or you won't get any x-mas presents. You know why? Because Santa Claus won't give you any if you're a bad girl. Now you have heard the warning, so it must be true.

Sojouner.

Good point.

You've touched upon a topic that has been "swept under the carpet" far too long. Religious revisionism. If "hell" indeed was the destination for the individual who committed sin then wouldn't god's understated "warning of death" be somewhat like entrapment. I'd bet there's more of it in da buybull, but I'm far too tired at this point to go searching for more examples.

Religions, churches and wondering madmen speaking in tounges have all been accomplices to this. They twist whatever "the word" says to fit their agendas, both political and personal. And what is their agenda? ... membership, of course. It takes a lot of "10%"s to build those coliseum type churches and pay 6 figure incomes to clergy ya know.

I'm ready to barf over here. Can I have a bucket please.

Keep shining the light on ignorance, dishonesty and fear.

L8r

If you go to the doctor, for a check-up, and he discovers you have all the earmarks of delusional hallucinations, due to your insistence that non-existent beings exist, what would you rather hear?

"Everything is fine, there's nothing wrong with your health. You're doing great! Non-existent beings exist anyway."

or "You need help! Believing in the non-existent is unhealthy and you can't function in reality like that. Listen to me! If you don't make some serious changes right now, you will, without a doubt, get taken advantage of and waste your life living in a fantasy world! Let me help you."

Unfortunately, no Holy, Just and Loving God would make you like that in the first place... which the Bible God does. Bible God plays with people's minds so that they do what he wants them to do. They have no choice about their actions, beliefs or convictions... Bible God is pulling all the strings and we're all just puppets doing his bidding.

Just goes to show that Bible God isn't Holy, Just or Loving...

Here's yours... Bible God is fake, Bible sin is fake, Bible hell is fake... Bible salvation is very, very fake. Deluding yourself into believing Bible God is real, for any reason, will not change this reality.

So I throw a real world example out there and now you play the God card, oh, this is salvation we are talking about.....no, this is a flesh and bones example, and you can't say it always happens one way, so how can you deny my point.

Let me give you another since I am on a roll. Who among us, if we were lucky enough to have reasonably good parents, were kicked out of the house when we did not see eye to eye after becoming teenagers. Or did we stay out of harms way because they loved us and let us stay home?

End, what is your goal, exactly? Are you hoping to save someone here? Or just argue till your fingers bleed? Those who are regulars do not want to be brought back into the fold. You would do well to read Matthew 7:6 before you lose interest in helping those who are seeking. I know that seems a bit harsh but take it from someone who has been here before (some of you here may remember me. Hello again :grin:). The conversations are the same now that they were the last time I was here, a year ago.

6 You shall not murder.

8 You shall not steal.

10You shall not covet

Fear, Fear, Fear. Is that the only thing your God has to bring people to him? I can understand you being frustrated here. You have nothing good to say about your God. Christians can only resort to the fear tactic. Ask yourself this, would you want someone to be with you because they generally want to or because they have fear in their hearts? I wonder how your God would answer that question.

Tell us, what makes your God a pleasure to be with?