Goodbye Jesus

(my First Thread)a Beautiful Herecy

Not_Scarevangelist

I would have thought you'd end up in MacDonalds for all eternity...

Damn! I wish I had thought of that!

:funny::lmao:

Rooting through my pictures....

Burger King Hell

ilfyaq.jpg

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Not_Scarevangelist

• SWIM

• Ouroboros

• Grandpa Harley

That's really sad. Yet, I believe that God can do a miracle even now. And it will be great.

The plain truth I just can't live without faith. Maybe I'm weak. I would feel very sad if there are no miracles, no healings, no... God.

My story is more trivial. I went through depression, loss of girlfriend, alcoholism. Now I'm cured from that alcoholism and it's like a miracle to me. Yes, when I see my coleagues in the University drinking in the local bar (yes, there is a bar in my Uni), I say.. "Thanks God for healing me".

I understand you use your faith as a crutch, but what I don't understand is, why are you trying to convince us? What's the point?

'Cured' of Alcoholism? My entire, delightfully formed, alabaster like, English ARSE!

You've replaced one chemical addiction with another... same endorphin rush, different cause.

If I were a more venal and evil soul than I allow myself to be, I'd suggest it was tested by drinking exactly TWO glasses of wine. However, I really suggest you don't test that 'miracle'... if your faith keeps you clean and sober and gets you out of bed in the morning without you killing yourself or someone else, then I'm all for it. Don't mean I think you should start coming here spreading the shit that you use to keep you clean. We have a number of recovering Alcoholics who don't need Jesus in their lives to stop them getting drunk and beating their loved ones in drunken rages... nor do the motley collection of depressives need Jesus in their lives to prevent them slotting themselves or anyone else...

Jesus makes you smile. Good for you. You stick with it, boy! However, we don't need Jesus to put a smile on our faces or a spring in our step... Read (or listen) to the GREATEST secular sermon I have ever read! HERE!

(morning all)

HanSolo - There are few teachings universalists can't embrace. And they can attend *any* church. Universalism is not a denomination, it's an idea (though I've heard there are some universalist churches). We are talking about the teaching of eternat torment, the teahing that only few will got saved. But what about the other teachings in church? We accept them if they don't contradict our faith.

WOW I would think the *very* *first* question a believer would have had this morning was "How's your son?".

See? Even YOU don't believe, you didn't ask because you know nothing happened. Instead you ask him another dumb-fuck question...

I would have thought you'd end up in MacDonalds for all eternity...

Damn! I wish I had thought of that!

:funny::lmao:

Rooting through my pictures....

Burger King Hell

ilfyaq.jpg

Ahh a cool image for me to steal... err I mean look at! hehe

Oh, I robbed it of Ms MacDonald's blog... and Antlerman rips my finds off all the time! :)

If you're going to steal, steal from the best...

Jesus makes you smile. Good for you. You stick with it, boy! However, we don't need Jesus to put a smile on our faces or a spring in our step... Read (or listen) to the GREATEST secular sermon I have ever read! HERE!

I clicked on that link--haven't had a sermon yet this Sunday. Here's a few jewels from it, the first two are summarized in part with my own words; the last one is his words as posted:

1. Believing there is no God allows me to be proven wrong which allows me to learn something new.
  2. Believing there is no God allows me to learn from the suffering I see in my own family and in the world in order to prevent it in the future; I do not have to submit to an omniscient being.
  3. Believing there is no God gives me more room for belief in family, people, love, truth, beauty, sex, Jell-O and all the other things I can prove and that make this life the best life I will ever have.

I clicked on that link--haven't had a sermon yet this Sunday. Here's a few jewels from it, the first two are summarized in part with my own words; the last one is his words as posted:

1. Believing there is no God allows me to be proven wrong which allows me to learn something new.
  2. Believing there is no God allows me to learn from the suffering I see in my own family and in the world in order to prevent it in the future; I do not have to submit to an omniscient being.
  3. Believing there is no God gives me more room for belief in family, people, love, truth, beauty, sex, Jell-O and all the other things I can prove and that make this life the best life I will ever have.

Not too shabby for a guy who graduated from Clown College.

Penn Jilette is all but a genius... incredible memory, and a way with words that I would give body parts for...

However, when I was young I didn't believe in any Gods. Well, I thought that after death we disappear, we fall asleep or whatever you name it. And I was scared of it.

That's okay to be scared of death. That's just the natural survival instinct keeping you from walking off the edge of some precipise without looking, and being careful when crossing the street. It also makes us do things like stocking up on food and procreate in order to keep from dying out.

However, we need not fear death to the extent that we are afraid to go to sleep. We were dead for billions of years before we were born. I don't know about you but I sure didn't mind being dead before I was born. I won't mind being dead, either. A philosopher said we die a little bit every minute. Some people say death is part of life. I think the process of dying is usually such that the body and mind grow so weak that eventually the person stops caring and death is the natural outcome. The brain stops functioning and the person is no more.

Naturally, that seems like a horrible thought to the healthy mind and body. That is because of the healthy survival instinct. But when people are instantly killed in the prime of life, the horror of impending death lasts but seconds when they see the on-coming vehicle or falling tree, or whatever. I am sure that the horror the person feels is intense in the extreme and that any by-stander who sees it may be haunted by it for a long time to come. However, death or non-being itself is hardly a horror. That is my belief on the matter.

Let me share a little bit from my own life. My mother passed away less than a year after my deconversion. As I stood at the open grave at her burial I felt a sense of peace and contentment that this was the end. There would not be a meeting ever again. It hurt to hear the clods of dirt hit the coffin. That was very painful and it nearly brings the tears as I write this. But the belief that she is forever at rest and need never face a judgment brought me a great sense of peace.

Penn Jilette is all but a genius... incredible memory, and a way with words that I would give body parts for...

I disagree. I think he is a genius, and as you know most genius' are indeed eccentric. For instance, his kids middle name is "crimefighter". It just goes to show that smarts is smarts whether you graduate from MIT, Oxford, or Clown College.

Taph

I tend not use the word 'genius' easily...

genius is really not much. I used to think it took a lot more than it does, but when I learned for certain, I stopped being really impressed with a lot of it.

Read that and tell me it's 'not much'...

What I mean is that it doesn't take much to actually be a genius. Mr. Jilette may be a higher order of genius, which is what causes others to acknowledge it, but there are MANY more "geniuses" in the world than are recognized as such. One need only have an IQ of 140 to start out with, and I would emphasize the word 'only'.

Yes, Hell is an invention of the Church and it's a false teching.
If hell is a false teaching that the church created, then how do you know what's authentic in the rest of the bible? If you claim that parts of biblical teachings have been added by the church, how do you know which ones have been added in? How do you know that the stories about the miracles weren't added in by the church and everything about Jesus' resurrection wasn't added in by the church? If Jesus was in fact a real person, how do you know which of his words weren't added in by the church and which ones are authentic? If one part of the bible is an addition that was invented by the church, how do you know the rest of it isn't a purely man-made invention?

Furthermore, if there is no hell or eternal damnation and God is going to just magically give everyone a free ticket to heaven anyway regardless of their actions in life, then what does it matter if we believe in God or not, since according to you, there apparently is no eternal punishment for disobeying God? Why bother trying to convert us if there is no hell to go to? If there is no hell, then isn't believing a big waste of time? The fact that you yourself admit that you think hell is a false invention created by the church does not prove that Christianity is real. The only thing it proves is that mankind creates God in mankind's image and people just pick and choose whatever is convinenent for them to believe in and ignore everything else that is inconvinvent and you're only making me doubt the existence of God even more than before.

I don't know why you view all the Cristians as braindead.

All? No.

By far most christians who drop in here? Yes, based on experience. If you're an exception to that rule, so much the better. ;)

There are a lot of people, even scientists who believe in Jesus. I'm not talking about silly young earth creationists but about serious people like me and you. [...]

Indeed. To be fair, all christians I know personally are perfectly okay. Sadly, there are others too... and to every sane man's horror they have the most influence in the most armed-to-the-teeth country of this world.

Thur, old thing!

You need to read this one's posts a bit closer. If he has a brain cell it has nearly atrophied.

I'm currently reading the new posts closely :)

I notice that NotScarevangelist dropped in at about 5:30 ET and didn't post anything. Looks like he gave up.

Some people want to be CS Bloody Lewis... not even CS'B'L managed to do that :wicked:

I notice that NotScarevangelist dropped in at about 5:30 ET and didn't post anything. Looks like he gave up.

That guy really struck a negative chord with me, I think it was the level of arrogance. I hope he don't come back. I don't mind seeing xtians here when they at least show some semblance of understanding. All this guy does is yak yak yak, hoping to win brownie points with gawd by visiting us and preaching. That's a giant turn off.

I found it quite telling when he popped back in on the 16th and never even bothered to ask hans about his son, instead, some off-the-wall stupid question.

BTW if you come back NS I am not hostile to ALL xtians here, there are some here, that even though I don't agree with at all, we still have civil conversations. It's your approach to us that gets my goat.

In the twat's defence, he wasn'tthe one offering the timed miracle, just some wish-washy 'God will heal him'... which from a Chrisitain POV could mean 'the strength to deal' through to him doing back flips down the road and having his colon grow back, with any variation betwixt and between...

I'd sooner take the opinion of my cat on my hair cut...

I have a very good friend who has been saved by a train accident. The night when he bought a ticket he heard a very clear voice in his head: "Don't do this". The next day he heard on the news about the train accident.

So I firmly believe that your son will be healed. God can't hate your son. "For God so loved the world"- this means that he loves everybody, including your son.

I'm sure some day we will have our answers why some things happen and why others don't. But it won't be in this alife. Even Job didn't receive his answers.

I know GH, but I bolded this quote from the 15th. Even though he "firmly believed", when "it" came back the next day, not even so much as a question... "Hows your son?"...

Very telling indeed.