Goodbye Jesus

I Am A Christian - Any Questions?

1United

So the 'spirit' is sentient?

this seems at odd with the Lovecraftian vision you have about what underlies all that is...

Also the use of the word 'agape'... you're certainly not using it in any conventional way even for the Greek... so I'd like to see s glossary...

And is it in 'the spirit' to accept stolen asses?

One accept stolen ass out of need - God supply [All belong to God]

He couldn't walk into Jerusalem?

and the defitions of the words you're using? You're entitled you your opinions, but it helps if we have at least a working knowledge of the grammar you are using... it certainly appears that English is not your first language...

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1United

• Grandpa Harley

• Ouroboros

• Deva

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice 1united did you write that?

sojourner

Guest WarrantedPVC

1United,

Thanks for your response.

The mechanism for [atonement] is life in Spirit.

It is a beautiful thing that Christ offered Himself as a perfect sacrifice for us all. His love for us transended the pain He endured. (...)

Did the cross save us from our sins? Not exactly...Christ saves us from our sins, not what happened on the cross. The cross is a symbol associated with death, and suffering. All of which we must take part in ourselves. "Take up your cross and follow me" "He who loses his life for my namesake shall keep it" Salvation only comes when we accept Christ, and live in like manner, embracing and living in His Love for us.

Forgiveness of sins comes [imo] when we accept that we are forgiven, and seek to end the cycle of sin, and suffering.

I still don't understand why Jesus had to "offer himself as a perfect sacrifice". What did God/Jesus need a sacrifice for?

PVC

Indeed WPVC...

What would a non sentient thing that wants nothing and needs nothing require from a blood sacrifice...

He couldn't walk into Jerusalem?

and the defitions of the words you're using? You're entitled you your opinions, but it helps if we have at least a working knowledge of the grammar you are using... it certainly appears that English is not your first language...

I see your point about definition of terms. Spirit is not mind - Spirit is Love in purest form - Love lead us to harmony

and love exists without mind quite how? and earlier you said that god 'Yes, He is mind [mind exist]' yet you're now claiming emotion with out mind... do pick a stance...

and how does the trite poem fit the mix? It's a pretty hamburger universe view...

and what is your first language?

1United,

I still don't understand why Jesus had to "offer himself as a perfect sacrifice". What did God/Jesus need a sacrifice for?

PVC

He didn't [God need nothing] - [man need Christ] Jesus possess Christ, so Jesus made sacrifice on own willingness for all man. So that we might recieve what He was born of

Fer god's sake... GRAMMAR!!!!

God NEEDS nothing... it's not bloody hard

Guest WarrantedPVC
He didn't [God need nothing] - [man need Christ] Jesus possess Christ, so Jesus made sacrifice on own willingness for all man. So that we might recieve what He was born of

Why couldn't we receive what he was born of unless he made a sacrifice?

PVC

and love exists without mind quite how? and earlier you said that god 'Yes, He is mind [mind exist]' yet you're now claiming emotion with out mind... do pick a stance...

and how does the trite poem fit the mix? It's a pretty hamburger universe view...

and what is your first language?

Love exist without mind [as Spirit] - Does anger have mind?

Love saves all

English [sorry, but I never graduate from High school]

Love is not emotion - Love is spirit of truth - Law - essence of God

1united I too do not see the whole penal substitution thing as being a reality but a warped version of the cross.

I see the cross or death of Jesus as a picture of transformation. To me His life death is the picture of a worm entering the cacoon and coming out a butterfly. His death/tomb/resurrection to me happens in all of us as we experience sacrificial love and the life it brings forth in another and in ourselves.

I do agree with a lot that you share about Love and how this is really what this life experience is all about, nice to meet you.

sojourner

of course anger has a mind you fool...

And since when does not finishing high school make you write like the Warner Oland Charlie Chan delivered lines?

Mods, I think End3 is back...

Why couldn't we receive what he was born of unless he made a sacrifice?

PVC

He was God's only begotten son - Spirit belonged to Him - [Not All man] until He gave to us His spirit through His death, and ressurection.

Guest WarrantedPVC
He was God's only begotten son - Spirit belonged to Him - [Not All man] until He gave to us His spirit through His death, and ressurection.

Why couldn't he give his Spirit otherwise?

PVC

OK, we're now in Crazy territory...

1united I too do not see the whole penal substitution thing as being a reality but a warped version of the cross.

I see the cross or death of Jesus as a picture of transformation. To me His life death is the picture of a worm entering the cacoon and coming out a butterfly. His death/tomb/resurrection to me happens in all of us as we experience sacrificial love and the life it brings forth in another and in ourselves.

I do agree with a lot that you share about Love and how this is really what this life experience is all about, nice to meet you.

sojourner

Interesting view, and it does happen in all of us. [if we are willing to make that change]

of course anger has a mind you fool...

And since when does not finishing high school make you write like the Warner Oland Charlie Chan delivered lines?

Mods, I think End3 is back...

it faster - easier -

then it is to right out an entire sentence when there is no apparent need to do so. [point still get across]

Guest WarrantedPVC

I don't have a problem viewing stories about Jesus or any other historical/mythological figure as useful tales with many nice messages... they all have lots of wisdom of their own, they are also our cultural heritage.

But when people begin to claim them as actual reality, my "red flags" go up and I want to know how they know all that they claim to know.

PVC

I can type full sentences you ignorant, arrogant, prosletyising, cone headed git...

If it's worth typing at all it's worth typing in full, but you're actually just a troll...

Why couldn't he give his Spirit otherwise?

PVC

He contained it within Himself - It was only after the Spirit left Him at point of death, that it was free from His Body. Now it is free, and in this world to enter all men. Jesus made that possible. God Spirit belonged to Jesus - now Jesus has given it to us.

See that wasn't hard

Now, quite how can an omnipresent god be 'trapped' prior to the Crucifixion?

Whoa, 84 messages in 16 hours by a single member is quite an achievement...

PVC

Not when it's self contradicting, opium fuelled nonsense... the guy is running on more drugs than any three Mega-Church pastors...

I can type full sentences you ignorant, arrogant, prosletyising, cone headed git...

If it's worth typing at all it's worth typing in full, but you're actually just a troll...

I will consider your irritation, and write out complete sentences from now on.