Goodbye Jesus

Why Do You Remain A Christian?

Antlerman

You guys are just too funny. This is exactly why I keep coming here. Sorry.

Jay, this is no joke -- I'm absolutely fucking serious. I want you to face real-life consequences for your words here, consequences severe enough to make you rue the day you ever uttered the words which I quoted in the post above.

I do not know all that much about the Severtus controversy. But from what little I heard from the video of Dan Barker, I'd agree with Calvin's call.

I am quoting you again, so that you cannot edit out your statements. You admit that you agree with Calvin ordering or permitting the burning of Severtus. You agree with Severtus being sentenced to a horrifically painful death.

You are not deserving of any position of trust or responsibility in civil society.

I am not all that familiar with the history of this incident. But I believe John Calvin had political authority at the time and I am in agreement with him on the seriousness of theological issue involved. ( Dan Barker presented as if it were trivial. I must disagree strongly. ) As a reformed Christian, I would defer the decision to the political authority of the time and make a nod towards Calvin.

Was the execution the right decision by Calvin? I am not sure.

Perhaps this is a good argument for the separation of church and state.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• the stranger

• JayL

• Citsonga

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This explains why you're such a flaming asshole. I never met a Calvinist I didn't want to tank in the face.

And I agree with Astreja. You're unbelievably sick and disgusting. Go test gravity with your body in the Grand Canyon.

Thank you, Sir. May I have another?

I have to agree, Jay. I know that you would like to envision yourself on equal footing, but you come across as an imbecile. I hope that you will take the time to learn from some of the more studious souls here.

I certainly have to be careful about my knee jerk answers and trite remarks. I have to be more thoughtful. I am working on it. I am working on it...

This explains why you're such a flaming asshole. I never met a Calvinist I didn't want to tank in the face.

And I agree with Astreja. You're unbelievably sick and disgusting. Go test gravity with your body in the Grand Canyon.

Thank you, Sir. May I have another?

That's mistress, fuck you very much.

You try to set me on fire, and you will learn how a machete feels, christian psychopath.

I also consider myself a Calvinist. ( Which reminds me - the story from the video about Severtus being burned at the stake. I am with John Calvin on that decision. Yes, it may sound harsh but Geneva WAS under the political control of Calvin at the time. It was his call and I tend to agree with the decision. )

Wendybanghead.gif

1. In this and other posts Jay you tend to DEFEND the burning of Servetus at the stake over what was at its base a dispute over doctrine. Who ARE you?

2. You call yourself Reformed and yet persist in maintaining that God cannot determine the decisions of His creatures? Would you have survived in Calvin's Geneva?

So, there it is.

Jay approves killing a person over having divergent doctrinal religious views.

Jay, you're a monster of the worst kind. This world would be far better without people like you, desiring for the death of other fellow humans over religious propositions. If there is a god and a heaven, you can be absolutely assured your ass won't so much as smell it with your inhumane, sick, twisted beliefs (and apparently would-be actions now).

Edit: can't say Im surprised.

Matthew 5:39

New International Version (NIV)

39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. b Unless he disagrees with you about how to worship me or how the words I give to you should be interpreted, in which case, YOU MUST BURN THAT FUCKING HERETIC AT THE FUCKING STAKE! Do you understand me? BURN HIM!!!!!1

1Most manuscripts do not include Matthew 5:39b.

Matthew 5:39

New International Version (NIV)

39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. b Unless he disagrees with you about how to worship me or how the words I give to you should be interpreted, in which case, YOU MUST BURN THAT FUCKING HERETIC AT THE FUCKING STAKE! Do you understand me? BURN HIM!!!!!1

1Most manuscripts do not include Matthew 5:39b.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Methinks we should ask the Mods to switch Jay's avatar back to that head-up-the-rectum one.

Wow, so much for Christianity making someone a better person. So far we've seen Thumby being utterly deceptive and fake, End being a bitter, hateful misogynistic abuser, and now Jay being, well, likely the most sadistic, completely inhumane psychopath this board has ever seen.

Wow. So this is what's going to heaven? This is what God likes best? This is the fruit of submission to his nonexistent spirit? This is what a True Believer acts like when around non-believers to show God's sadistic cruelty love to them and inspire them to return to bondage and miserable slavery his service? THESE are his shock troops sent to save a wretched and lost world from their lives of unbelievable happiness, reason, and contentment miserable sin?

This wordsmith is at a total loss for words. Good work, Jay. You've managed to remind every one of us why it's so important to do everything we can to wipe your inhumanly-cruel religion from the face of this planet through every peaceful means possible.

I second those thoughts, Ak. Actually I third, fourth, and googleth them.

I also consider myself a Calvinist. ( Which reminds me - the story from the video about Severtus being burned at the stake. I am with John Calvin on that decision. Yes, it may sound harsh but Geneva WAS under the political control of Calvin at the time. It was his call and I tend to agree with the decision. )

Wendybanghead.gif

2. You call yourself Reformed and yet persist in maintaining that God cannot determine the decisions of His creatures? Would you have survived in Calvin's Geneva?

That is a very good point. Just as Anne Hutchinson was tried and banished from Puritan colony, I would have also been put on trial for my independent views in Geneva, no doubt.

Well, thank God those 'good ole days' are over and we have the freedom of religion since 1789...

Wendybanghead.gif

1. In this and other posts Jay you tend to DEFEND the burning of Servetus at the stake over what was at its base a dispute over doctrine. Who ARE you?

To Ficino, McD, Thought2much, Astreja, TrueFreedom the LunaticHeathen and anyone else thinking of responding to JayL...

Who is JayL?

C'mon guys? Surely you see... "The Obvious Troll is Obvious" ?

As well as being an obvious troll, Jay's a self-confessed and repeat-offending liar.

As a troll, Jay's aim is simply to keep the dialog going. Period.

He'll do whatever it takes, say whatever it takes, claim whatever it takes and write whatever it takes to do that. One cast-iron method he can use to provoke a reaction from us is to claim something mildly controversial, like this Calvinist stuff.

Don't trust Jay ...trust me. He's no Calvinist.

He's no more of a Calvinist than I'm a Seventh Day Adventist. He's only writing this to keep the thread going. When he can't keep a certain thread going, he hops on over to another one, takes it over and starts over. In another thread, Jay's claimed to be a physicist, but I caught him out and showed that he was lying. In another thread, Jay's claimed to have a scientific proof of the existence of God - one that he's NOT prepared to share with us.

Don't trust Jay ...trust me. He's no Physicist and he's got NO scientific proof of God's existence.

He's only making these claims to push our buttons... that's all.

Last month, when I accused Jay of being a troll and a liar, of pretending to be a Christian and of jerking us around, his one-line response was this...

"I think a number of people are interested in this discussion... "

Do you see his priority, here? Keep the discussion (and the thread) going at all costs!

He didn't even try to refute or deny my allegations. Nope. He couldn't care less about them. All that matters is keeping the thread going.

Just think about this for a moment. If he really was telling the truth, why didn't he try and defend himself? If he really is a Christian, wouldn't he have made an effort to refute what I said? If he wasn't jerking us around, wouldn't he have written something, anything at all about my accusation?

But he didn't. All Jay cares about is keeping whatever thread he's in, going and going and going and...

So what are we up to now? 123 pages of this nonsense? Most of it instigated by Jay posting whatever it takes to push our buttons.

When are we going to learn NOT to feed the troll?

Finally, here's a prediction.

Unless we stop feeding the troll, nothing will change. Jay'll still be pushing your buttons. If you really want to give him power over you, just carry right on.

BAA.

Wendybanghead.gif

That is a very good point. Just as Anne Hutchinson was tried and banished from Puritan colony, I would have also been put on trial for my independent views in Geneva, no doubt.

Well, thank God those 'good ole days' are over and we have the freedom of religion since 1789...

I do have to add this for defence of Anne Hutchinson. I believe her views were more in harmony with Calvin's Reform faith than Puritans of New England. So she may have been Ok theologically in Calvin's Geneva. But her independent home church idea would not have been acceptable.

Wendybanghead.gif

To Ficino, McD, Thought2much, Astreja, TrueFreedom the LunaticHeathen and anyone else thinking of responding to JayL...

Who is JayL?

As well as being an obvious troll, Jay's a self-confessed and repeat-offending liar.

He'll do whatever it takes, say whatever it takes, claim whatever it takes and write whatever it takes to do that. One cast-iron method he can use to provoke a reaction from us is to claim something mildly controversial, like this Calvinist stuff.

He's no more of a Calvinist than I'm a Seventh Day Adventist. He's only writing this to keep the thread going. When he can't keep a certain thread going, he hops on over to another one, takes it over and starts over. In another thread, Jay's claimed to be a physicist, but I caught him out and showed that he was lying. In another thread, Jay's claimed to have a scientific proof of the existence of God - one that he's NOT prepared to share with us.

Don't trust Jay ...trust me. He's no Physicist and he's got NO scientific proof of God's existence.

Last month, when I accused Jay of being a troll and a liar, of pretending to be a Christian and of jerking us around, his one-line response was this...

Do you see his priority, here? Keep the discussion (and the thread) going at all costs!

He didn't even try to refute or deny my allegations. Nope. He couldn't care less about them. All that matters is keeping the thread going.

Just think about this for a moment. If he really was telling the truth, why didn't he try and defend himself? If he really is a Christian, wouldn't he have made an effort to refute what I said? If he wasn't jerking us around, wouldn't he have written something, anything at all about my accusation?

But he didn't. All Jay cares about is keeping whatever thread he's in, going and going and going and...

So what are we up to now? 123 pages of this nonsense? Most of it instigated by Jay posting whatever it takes to push our buttons.

Unless we stop feeding the troll, nothing will change. Jay'll still be pushing your buttons. If you really want to give him power over you, just carry right on.

BAA.

Hello BAA.

I don't know what your definition of troll is. But I feel like we have had many good discussions and exchange of ideas here. I think people read and respond to my posts because I am a smart, well informed Christian who does not respond in 'evangelical boiler plate' answers. I just write my own opinions and what I believe. And on my side, I like reading other's posts because they are well written, interesting and sometimes because they make me laugh when they get into extreme insults - well, because, those insults are just way over the top, IMO.

Did anything else happen when you were 'born again'???

Not to interject my opinion but we all pretty much have similar experiences. The difference is as a non believer you choose to attribute that experience to natural phenomenon or something other than god where the xian says "thats the holy spirit".

eventually it settles in that you cannot hear, see, detect, or touch this other being in the "relationship". Relationships are mutual so if I talk I want a response. If I reach for god I want to feel him. I dont want to go through life working for the affection of this being only

The perfect analogy I can think of is learning to ride a bike. Remember when you told mom not to let go of your bike and you look back and it was you riding the entire time by yourself. Same thing only christians never look back to see he's not there they just keep riding.

Wendybanghead.gif

Who is JayL?

BAA.

Hello BAA.

I don't know what your definition of troll is. But I feel like we have had many good discussions and exchange of ideas here. I think people read and respond to my posts because I am a smart, well informed Christian who does not respond in 'evangelical boiler plate' answers. I just write my own opinions and what I believe. And on my side, I like reading other's posts because they are well written, interesting and sometimes because they make me laugh when they get into extreme insults - well, because, those insults are just way over the top, IMO.

You are neither smart nor well-informed. But youre definitely a xian loony toon, or a Poe/troll.

You don't believe any of this shit you spout. Just for shits n giggles.

Wendybanghead.gif

Who is JayL?

BAA.

I agree — and have since this troll first showed up. Why are people wasting their time on this pathetic person?

They have realized the truth and it set them free. So repeating it is a waste of your time. They are immune to xianity.

Xianity is like food poisoning. It tastes good when you start out...but after a while you don't feel so good. You know it's bad but you just dont want to get up and go to the bathroom. You lay there hoping it will get better but you know you are only lying to yourself. You roll this way, you roll that way but finally you throw the covers off and run to the toilet and puke out all that poison.

Come on JayL. Puke out that mental poison stuck in your head. You know it is all false. Stop living the lie. The truth will set you free. The only reason you are here is because deep down you know that xianity is baloney so you come here and chill with the exes because you really wanna be one. This website is not a viable place to convert people to xianity. You are here for one reason and one reason only. Because you crave the freedom from the guilt, shame and fear of xianity. Your life has been stolen from you by a meme, Jay. A frigging meme. A thought virus own you...not god...a thought virus. Take control of your life by kicking xianity out. Kill that virus with the power of your own being. Kick that imaginary person out of YOUR driver's seat and take YOUR rightful position at the wheel. It's YOUR life, not some fucking meme.

My secret guilty reason for coming here is the quality of writing. For example, this post made me laugh. It is very well written. And it is funny. I find a dose of entertainment value in it. So even though I get abused here ( occasionally), I like coming here. As Robert Schuller used to say, 'God loves you and so do I' smile.png

Hey, thanks! lol.

You guys are just too funny. This is exactly why I keep coming here. Sorry.

Jay, this is no joke -- I'm absolutely fucking serious. I want you to face real-life consequences for your words here, consequences severe enough to make you rue the day you ever uttered the words which I quoted in the post above.

I do not know all that much about the Severtus controversy. But from what little I heard from the video of Dan Barker, I'd agree with Calvin's call.

I am quoting you again, so that you cannot edit out your statements. You admit that you agree with Calvin ordering or permitting the burning of Severtus. You agree with Severtus being sentenced to a horrifically painful death.

You are not deserving of any position of trust or responsibility in civil society.

I am not all that familiar with the history of this incident. But I believe John Calvin had political authority at the time and I am in agreement with him on the seriousness of theological issue involved. ( Dan Barker presented as if it were trivial. I must disagree strongly. ) As a reformed Christian, I would defer the decision to the political authority of the time and make a nod towards Calvin.

Was the execution the right decision by Calvin? I am not sure.

Perhaps this is a good argument for the separation of church and state.

People should not be burned for having different ideas.

I thought the point of posting here was to fill up the hard drive. :-)

The problem with Poes is that they are indistinguishable from true believers. Is it possible he's real? Maybe. Probably not. But are his views something we see every day IRL? I'd venture to say yes. Hell, my Evil Ex would say almost the exact same things he has.

Look at it this way. If he's serious, he sets back his Holy Cause a decade with every single post he makes. But he makes posts like his most recent about coming here for "the laughs" often enough that I don't think he's serious. Nobody serious about the Great Commission would talk like that, let's face it. (The second he got all wet for Passion of the Christ, I stopped getting really over-excited about the idjit himself. Sorry, Jay, but you did that to yourself for admitting you dig torture porn.) If you think he's trolling, use the report button. That's what it's for. If enough people think he's insincere, then I reckon the mods will either say something or take action.

My personal opinion ( and I may be wrong. This is just my personal opinion. ) is that Mr. Dan Barker is saved and is likely to be going to Heaven. I just hope he realizes that sometime in his life. I know this sounds like 'once saved, always saved' theory. But there may be some truth to that phrase. I also consider myself a Calvinist.

The popular version of "once saved, always saved" that says that apostates are saved is not really Calvinism. Calvinism teaches the doctrine of "the perseverance of the saints," which basically means that regenerated believers (i.e. true Christians) will stay firmly in the faith. In other words, Calvinism actually denies that there are any apostates.

Which reminds me - the story from the video about Severtus being burned at the stake. I am with John Calvin on that decision. Yes, it may sound harsh but Geneva WAS under the political control of Calvin at the time. It was his call and I tend to agree with the decision.

I must agree with the others that this is a sick, morbid, twisted, sadistic, pathetic and immoral stance. So much for your God making you good.

My personal opinion ( and I may be wrong. This is just my personal opinion. ) is that Mr. Dan Barker is saved and is likely to be going to Heaven. I just hope he realizes that sometime in his life. I know this sounds like 'once saved, always saved' theory. But there may be some truth to that phrase. I also consider myself a Calvinist.

The popular version of "once saved, always saved" that says that apostates are saved is not really Calvinism. Calvinism teaches the doctrine of "the perseverance of the saints," which basically means that regenerated believers (i.e. true Christians) will stay firmly in the faith. In other words, Calvinism actually denies that there are any apostates.

You are right sir. I stand corrected.

( Another reason I come here: I can learn stuff. )

( Another reason I come here: I can learn stuff. )

That's strange though. God can't tell you this stuff?