Goodbye Jesus

Why Do You Remain A Christian?

Antlerman

Has to be a troll.

Nobody just comes in Jebus guns a blazing like that.

Well, praising God should be a normal occupation for Christians.

Praising God is more than an occupation for some Christians, it is an obsessive compulsive disorder. Why would you want to praise God all the time? So you get into heaven and then continue to praise god in heaven forever? What a pointless way to live.

For people who know God, praising is like breathing in fresh air or drinking water for health. Is breathing a compulsive disorder? It could be. We are always breathing. And drinking plenty of water is a good idea.

Well, I knew God (which ended up just being my imagination) and praised his name like Christian robots like to do. I wouldnt compare praising to breathing fresh air though. More like breathing polluted air. But if we disconnect from the metaphor a moment we can see that breathing and praising are not the same. We can live without praising God, we can't live without breathing.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• the stranger

• JayL

• Citsonga

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who can deliver me from my sins?? How can I be reconciled with God who created me??

There is no such thing as sin that needs to be reconciled with God. It is a false concept.

Do you feel like you have a friendly, loving relationship with God? If not, it could be due to sin that separates you from God.

A far more likely explanation is that The God of the Bible is imaginary. For God to be imaginary that is it. No additional explanations need to be manufactured. But if Bible God is real then you have to generate all kinds of ad hoc explanations for why this or that happens. A partial job of this has been done with Christian theology but that still leaves many cracks.

Are you sure you want to talk to us about religion? Couldn't we talk about sports or movies or anything else?

Is God imaginary?? Did Jesus die on the cross? Or was it imaginary as well?

Jesus living a righteous life and then dying on the cross are historical facts. Praise God. He died on the cross for you and me. For our sins. Hallelujah !! Can I hear some Amen out there? Praise the Lord!

So Jesus is dead now. Ok, got it. If he's not dead then he doesnt need you to spread the gospel, he could do it himself. If however, he is dead or never existed then brainwashed Christians would need to spread the gospel by themselves.

Well, I knew God (which ended up just being my imagination) and praised his name like Christian robots like to do. I wouldnt compare praising to breathing fresh air though. More like breathing polluted air. But if we disconnect from the metaphor a moment we can see that breathing and praising are not the same. We can live without praising God, we can't live without breathing.

Oh my dear friend, here is what you do not understand. Just as you cannot live without breathing, a born again Christian cannot live without praising God. Why is that you ask? Because we have a new life inside of us, a brand new spirit life and that life wants to praise God. Halleluajah! The analogy is there. Just as our physical self cannot survive without breathing air. our spiritual self cannot survive without praising God. The Holy Scriptures tells us that God dwells midst our praises. Hallelujah! Can I hear some amen out there?? When we praise him, we can literally feel his holy presence. Praise Jesus !

Greco, you seriously sound like a troll. All those "hallelujah" and "praise Jesus" stuff. Most people don't repeat conversational stuff like that in posts unless they're just trying to be funny or trolling. It's very hard to take you serious.

We've already heard the so-called "Good News" — over and over and over. We know it's neither "good" nor "news." It's just worthless hearsay that's been passed around for 2000 years. There's nothing new, inspiring, or persuasive that a hopped-up Jesus freak can tell us.

greco — Don't waste your time here, son, you're seriously out-numbered and out-smarted.

I must humbly disagree. The Bible teaches 'the faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Words of God'. You may have been 'exposed' to the Gospel message - that Jesus died for your sins and that He is the Savior of the world. The faith does not come by exposure. The faith comes by hearing the Words of the Lord. And when you hear the message your heart will be stirred. Your heart will be moved to repentance.

Yes, I may be like a Daniel in the Lion's den. But I shall always praise God. I shall not fear. The Bible teaches me that 'one who is in me is greater than the one in the world'. Halleluajh. Yes, I may be out numbered and outsmarted. But I am not afraid. I am here in love and I am standing on God's Words. Praise His holy name.

Greco, you seriously sound like a troll. All those "hallelujah" and "praise Jesus" stuff. Most people don't repeat conversational stuff like that in posts unless they're just trying to be funny or trolling. It's very hard to take you serious.

Well I may be not be intellectual enough for you. But I gotta move in the Spirit. I gotta speak the Words. BTW. what is a troll?

Calling a foreign woman a dog is not righteous.

Excellent post as usual Astreja. Do you have a reference for the dog bit (!) I must have missed that one. Mind you there's so much shite to wade through in the Bible.

Oh, she must be referring to the time when Jesus called a Canaanite woman as 'dog'. But it is a poor translation. The more accurate translation is 'pet puppie'. So he called her a puppie.

BTW. what is a troll?

A troll is somebody in an online forum who is beyond redemption. No matter how much somebody else might try to talk to the troll the troll plays games and avoids real conversation. I'm considering tossing you into my ignore filter but the way things are going right now you don't look like you will last long anyway.

BTW. what is a troll?

A troll is somebody in an online forum who is beyond redemption. No matter how much somebody else might try to talk to the troll the troll plays games and avoids real conversation. I'm considering tossing you into my ignore filter but the way things are going right now you don't look like you will last long anyway.

Oh I see. A troll is a Christian lions cannot digest! LOL

BTW. what is a troll?

Look, I am just praising God because I am happy to be here. I am willing to talk about anything. I even made a suggestion for a good digital camera bargain. :)

I just reread the entire thread.

*sigh* It seems to me that you have very little knowledge of how HORRIFIC your bible really is.. of how little 'historic' data there is to support, well, most of it... and how incredibly educated about the bible a lot of people here are. Obviously you haven't read too much on the site either.

We have ex-christians of all stripes here, including ex-pastors and ministers and bible scholars. If you have something new that we have missed I'm sure all of us would be more than happy to hear it.

However.. I think you are just a troll.

I just reread the entire thread.

*sigh* It seems to me that you have very little knowledge of how HORRIFIC your bible really is.. of how little 'historic' data there is to support, well, most of it... and how incredibly educated about the bible a lot of people here are. Obviously you haven't read too much on the site either.

We have ex-christians of all stripes here, including ex-pastors and ministers and bible scholars. If you have something new that we have missed I'm sure all of us would be more than happy to hear it.

The thing you have to understand is that a lot of the Bible is human history. Think for a moment, if we write human history of last 100 years. How would that look? Horrific? Terrifying? Definitely a lot worse than the Bible!! Let's be frank. Based on the history of last 100 years, you would not want to be a human!! You'd rather be a pet puppie! Just consider what happened in Nazi concentration camps, Soviet Gulags, Chinese reeducation program, etc. All in last 100 years.

The Bible as human history covering thousands of years is not that bad! There is hope in the Bible!

Is 8088 a reference to the old Intel CPU? I remember those old 8 bits, like Motorola's 650x and Zilog's Z80.

Let's be frank.

Or hotdog.

...Who can deliver me from my sins?? How can I be reconciled with God who created me??

All the deep questions people may be avoiding. To those questions, Jesus is the answer. Praise Him.

Ironically, Jesus is exactly what the Hebrew God warned his people not to follow.

According to the Bible, to be reconciled with God requires repenting and keeping the law.

Jesus isn't involved.

I am not deluded. Nor am I drunk - except with the Holy Spirit of God. Hallejuah !! In the book of Acts, people asked whether his holy disciples were drunk. The answer was no. Thousand times no. They were filled with the Holy Spirit of God and spoke in powerful tongues from the Heaven. The same day, three thousands have repented and turned to the crucified Lord. Praise Jesus. I expect same power of Holy Spirit will hit this 'Lion's den' and many will come to Christ. Today.

Praise God!

Too many fakers have passed through here claiming to have the Holy Spirit.

Can you supply a list of hospitals, nursing homes, and mental wards that have been emptied with the power you're supposed to have?

"The thing you have to understand is that a lot of the Bible is human history. Think for a moment, if we write human history of last 100 years. How would that look? Horrific? Terrifying? Definitely a lot worse than the Bible!! Let's be frank. Based on the history of last 100 years, you would not want to be a human!! You'd rather be a pet puppie! Just consider what happened in Nazi concentration camps, Soviet Gulags, Chinese reeducation program, etc. All in last 100 years.

The Bible as human history covering thousands of years is not that bad! There is hope in the Bible!"

––––––––––––––––––––––––

Hope for what? Maybe we need to grow the hell up and solve our own problems.

The Bible is NOT even close to historical... most of it disagrees with the archeaological record and the histories of the peoples who lived around the area at the time. A large portion of Genesis was patently ripped off from earlier Sumerian and Akkadian myths.. Abraham himself was a Babylonian (which is where he got his info) The Hebrews made most of the rest of it up to make themselves look good, 'interpreting' their 'history' (read—propaganda). Add in the many scriptures that have been discarded by the Council of Nicea...changed also to 'appeal' better to the pagans or to serve the church's agenda, the translation problems, etc.. nope, not history at all. It's all spin.

I don't know how you judge horrible but the OT has tons of wonderful things in it like: dashing children against rocks, taking young virgins as sex slaves, owning slaves and slaughtering thousands upon thousands for a chunk of land, witchcraft, fortune-telling, etc... it's pretty horrific. The thing is that even when bloodthirsty yahweh (a canaanite mountain god, son of El) was supposedly in 'control' it was just as bad as it is now.. maybe worse since we now know it's WRONG to keep slaves and slaughter children, stone people (and children) to death and wipe out whole peoples. Read your lovely book.. it's a horror show. I wouldn't let a child read it—it would give them nightmares.

Murder, war, bloodshed, racism, intolerance, misogyny, cruelty, contradictions, lies, lack of reason, hatred, elitism.. the scriptures are full of obscenities and describe a 'god', and a people that are abhorrent and evil. and a few words from some person, who may not even have existed—at least there is no historical account of this miracle worker, and who is remarkable similar to many other mythological 'saviors' at the time, in the New Testament is supposed to make the rest okay?

no. The only hope in the bible is that the 'god' it describes, and the belief system it promotes is a hateful nasty abhorrent thing. Not worthy of any intelligent, decent or moral persons loyalty.

A troll is someone who jumps into a discussion suddenly and disrupts the conversation. It can be someone pretending to be what they are not (you don't sound like a genuine believer--you come across like a caricature).

Ignorant Dumbfuckistani.

greco8088 tell us all about your testimony of how you became a Christian?

The thing you have to understand is that a lot of the Bible is human history.

Not true. Very little in the Bible is history. The Bible contains a lot of propaganda posing as history. Did you come here to learn about the Bible from us? Start with this truth - the Bible is the word of ignorant men.

Think for a moment, if we write human history of last 100 years. How would that look? Horrific? Terrifying? Definitely a lot worse than the Bible!!

Also not true. Nowhere in human history has there been mind-reading, all-seeing beings that torment people forever for thought crime that turns out to be natural instinct. Once the Christians added that dogma the Bible becomes much worse than real human history.

Let's be frank. Based on the history of last 100 years, you would not want to be a human!! You'd rather be a pet puppie! Just consider what happened in Nazi concentration camps, Soviet Gulags, Chinese reeducation program, etc. All in last 100 years.

No thank you. I would rather be human.

The Bible as human history covering thousands of years is not that bad! There is hope in the Bible!

So you don't know the first thing about the Bible. Good thing you came to the experts, ya? If you want to know more about the Bible then ask.

Oh my dear friend, here is what you do not understand. Just as you cannot live without breathing, a born again Christian cannot live without praising God. Why is that you ask? Because we have a new life inside of us, a brand new spirit life and that life wants to praise God. Halleluajah! The analogy is there. Just as our physical self cannot survive without breathing air. our spiritual self cannot survive without praising God. The Holy Scriptures tells us that God dwells midst our praises. Hallelujah! Can I hear some amen out there?? When we praise him, we can literally feel his holy presence. Praise Jesus !

I understand completely. I was a Pentecostal and heavily involved in the church. I was under the influence of church brainwashing as you are. Until one day I rejected the brainwashing. I was tired of the rotten feeling the holy spirit gave me....or rather the brainwashing gave me.... I am not a sinner nor do I fall short of the glory of God. I do not need salvation. There is no Hell to burn in. Being afraid of a non-existent Jesus is ridiculous. Christianity destroys self worth.

Your words sound exactly like every other Christian. I used to talk just like you. Just parroting the baloney other Christians told me. Christianity is a toxic mind prison and you are its prisoner. Try disengaging from the lunacy of Christianity. Can I get a Amen?

Can I hear some amen out there??

No. In fact, if you don't calm down and start discussing things like a rational human being I'm going to pull out My dictionary and start composing galdr to Alfodr Óðinn in Old Norse.

When we praise him, we can literally feel his holy presence.

I think you're imagining it. Seriously. I think that there's no holy presence, and it's all in your imagination.

Oh, she must be referring to the time when Jesus called a Canaanite woman as 'dog'. But it is a poor translation. The more accurate translation is 'pet puppie'. So he called her a puppie.

In other words, Greco, you admit that Jesus did insult that woman by treating her like a non-human pet, rather than treating her with respect.

Look, I am just praising God because I am happy to be here. I am willing to talk about anything. I even made a suggestion for a good digital camera bargain.

Why should we trust your judgment on digital cameras when you believe in mythical undead rabbis?

A troll is someone who jumps into a discussion suddenly and disrupts the conversation. It can be someone pretending to be what they are not (you don't sound like a genuine believer--you come across like a caricature).

I Think what you meant to say here is a POE, I am not sure with this latest martyr, hence my no participation. He is however getting the soft paw treatment.

Let's be frank.

Or hotdog.

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif They plump when you cook them.

Let's be frank.

Or hotdog.

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif They plump when you cook them.

When you put the weiner in the oven?