Goodbye Jesus

Why Do You Remain A Christian?

Antlerman

Has to be a troll.

Nobody just comes in Jebus guns a blazing like that.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• the stranger

• JayL

• Citsonga

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who can deliver me from my sins?? How can I be reconciled with God who created me??

There is no such thing as sin that needs to be reconciled with God. It is a false concept.

I am not deluded. Nor am I drunk - except with the Holy Spirit of God. Hallejuah !! In the book of Acts, people asked whether his holy disciples were drunk. The answer was no. Thousand times no. They were filled with the Holy Spirit of God and spoke in powerful tongues from the Heaven. The same day, three thousands have repented and turned to the crucified Lord. Praise Jesus. I expect same power of Holy Spirit will hit this 'Lion's den' and many will come to Christ. Today.

Praise God!

Let's check back in 24 hours and count this "many". If the Holy Spirit lets you down then what?

Then he will come up with an excuse.

Thank you. God bless you.

Jesus Christ is the greatest person ever lived. He is wonderful counselor, mighty God, the Father of eternity. Jesus Christ is the Lord !!!

Praise His Holy Name. His name means THE Savior. Hallelujah!!!

Well, that's annoying. Can you participate in a discussion instead of just "praising"?

Why are you Christian? What convinced you to become one?

I hope you're not just posing as a Christian for lulz.

Ok, I have calmed down somewhat. I was just in a praising mood this morning. I was watching some programs on Daystar TV ( a Christian channel ) and I was just overwhelmed by the greatness of God's Love for people.

Why am I a Christian? The main reason is that I am seeing its truth. Jesus is real. God is real. Christianity is the truth. It is an amazing truth but it is still the truth.

What convinced me? The Bible.

I am not deluded. Nor am I drunk - except with the Holy Spirit of God. Hallejuah !! In the book of Acts, people asked whether his holy disciples were drunk. The answer was no. Thousand times no. They were filled with the Holy Spirit of God and spoke in powerful tongues from the Heaven. The same day, three thousands have repented and turned to the crucified Lord. Praise Jesus. I expect same power of Holy Spirit will hit this 'Lion's den' and many will come to Christ. Today.

Praise God!

Let's check back in 24 hours and count this "many". If the Holy Spirit lets you down then what?

There is always the possibility that I am nowhere near the preacher St. Peter was...

Who can deliver me from my sins?? How can I be reconciled with God who created me??

There is no such thing as sin that needs to be reconciled with God. It is a false concept.

Do you feel like you have a friendly, loving relationship with God? If not, it could be due to sin that separates you from God.

Has to be a troll.

Well, praising God should be a normal occupation for Christians.

You're not deluded, you're just a fool for Christ. We all repented and turned to Mother Nature. Her Kingdom of Heaven is within. Convert, and find the freedom to become human once again! Praise the Universe!

I'd rather be a fool for Christ than a fool due to men's wisdom - whether science or philosophy.

Praise Jesus for today! His name is great. Praise the Lord. I have decided to try this Lion's den forum not to 'convert' ex-Christians. I happen to think this is a great place to exchange ideas about Christianity and have some fellowship with different people.

Actually, we haven't had many Christians here in a while. It's fun to see some here now and then. So welcome.

God bless you all.

The Universe bless you too. Without it, you wouldn't be alive. smile.png

Well, if you would let me, I'dd be happy to be a resident Good News expert on this forum, telling you all about the Good News of Jesus Christ. Praise God.

Ok, I have calmed down somewhat. I was just in a praising mood this morning. I was watching some programs on Daystar TV ( a Christian channel ) and I was just overwhelmed by the greatness of God's Love for people.

was God in the show? They interviewed him?

Why am I a Christian? The main reason is that I am seeing its truth. Jesus is real. God is real. Christianity is the truth. It is an amazing truth but it is still the truth.

What is truth?

What convinced me? The Bible.

what part?

Do you feel like you have a friendly, loving relationship with God? If not, it could be due to sin that separates you from God.

A far more likely explanation is that The God of the Bible is imaginary. For God to be imaginary that is it. No additional explanations need to be manufactured. But if Bible God is real then you have to generate all kinds of ad hoc explanations for why this or that happens. A partial job of this has been done with Christian theology but that still leaves many cracks.

Are you sure you want to talk to us about religion? Couldn't we talk about sports or movies or anything else?

Praise God!

There is always the possibility that I am nowhere near the preacher St. Peter was...

No need for the excuse yet, I think you have some time left. :-)

God being my own conscious awareness, yes we have a great relationship. I just no longer buy into the Christian culture of self deprecation.

Has to be a troll.

Praising God is more than an occupation for some Christians, it is an obsessive compulsive disorder. Why would you want to praise God all the time? So you get into heaven and then continue to praise god in heaven forever? What a pointless way to live.

A far more likely explanation is that The God of the Bible is imaginary. For God to be imaginary that is it. No additional explanations need to be manufactured. But if Bible God is real then you have to generate all kinds of ad hoc explanations for why this or that happens. A partial job of this has been done with Christian theology but that still leaves many cracks.

Are you sure you want to talk to us about religion? Couldn't we talk about sports or movies or anything else?

Well, I am a big fan of digital photography. And these days, you can get truly excellent cameras at affordable prices. I recommend Olympus E-PL1 sold here in Cameta camera http://www.cameta.com/Olympus-PEN-E-PL1-Micro-4-3-Digital-Camera-Body-Black-Factory-Demo-57826.cfm

With adapters available on eBay and some cheap legacy lenses for $10-20, you can have a load of fun. I highly recommend it !

Has to be a troll.

Praising God is more than an occupation for some Christians, it is an obsessive compulsive disorder. Why would you want to praise God all the time? So you get into heaven and then continue to praise god in heaven forever? What a pointless way to live.

For people who know God, praising is like breathing in fresh air or drinking water for health. Is breathing a compulsive disorder? It could be. We are always breathing. And drinking plenty of water is a good idea.

Is God imaginary?? Did Jesus die on the cross? Or was it imaginary as well?

Jesus living a righteous life and then dying on the cross are historical facts. Praise God. He died on the cross for you and me. For our sins. Hallelujah !! Can I hear some Amen out there? Praise the Lord!

The burdon of proof is on you the Christian to demonstrate this claim is true. So far Christians have utterly failed to do that on this site - or anywhere for that matter.

Jesus living a righteous life and then dying on the cross are historical facts.

Praise God. He died on the cross for you and me. For our sins. Hallelujah !! Can I hear some Amen out there? Praise the Lord!

Demonstrate it. Where's your evidence? You'll find precious little reliable evidence for the historicity of Jesus. He was probably conjured up by the Gnostics and based loosely on Osiris and Dionysus.

You actually enjoy watching Christian TV? Get a life!

Well, what I believe in is Jesus. I believe Jesus can heal your heart. I believe Jesus can turn your sorrow into joy. I believe Jesus is the answer.

Well, isn't that special.

I believe that Jesus is the heavily mythologized version of a now-dead rabbi. I believe that Jesus is stone dead and is 100% incapable of action.

I also believe that heaven and hell are mythical, and that people of all religions automatically and permanently lose all sentience and belief when their brains cease functioning at death. Therefore, Greco, I believe that you are fated inexorably to become an Ex-Christian in the same way that John Cleese's Norwegian Blue became an Ex-Parrot.

Jesus living a righteous life and then dying on the cross are historical facts. Praise God. He died on the cross for you and me. For our sins. Hallelujah !! Can I hear some Amen out there? Praise the Lord!

Causing the deaths of 2000 pigs is not righteous.

Using Finger of Death on an fig tree is not righteous.

Calling a foreign woman a dog is not righteous.

There is no contemporaneous historical evidence for Jesus being a real person. The Gospels are inadmissible as evidence. Josephus wasn't born at the time and is not an eye witness. It's all hearsay and retreaded mythology. All of it.

Oh, and no one dies in My place. Period. I pay My own debts.

May Uncle Loki unconditionally format your hard drive, and may Auntie Tiamat eat your car.

Calling a foreign woman a dog is not righteous.

Excellent post as usual Astreja. Do you have a reference for the dog bit (!) I must have missed that one. Mind you there's so much shite to wade through in the Bible.

Praise Jesus for today! His name is great. Praise the Lord. I have decided to try this Lion's den forum not to 'convert' ex-Christians. I happen to think this is a great place to exchange ideas about Christianity and have some fellowship with different people.

Actually, we haven't had many Christians here in a while. It's fun to see some here now and then. So welcome.

God bless you all.

The Universe bless you too. Without it, you wouldn't be alive. smile.png

Well, if you would let me, I'dd be happy to be a resident Good News expert on this forum, telling you all about the Good News of Jesus Christ. Praise God.

Expert eh?? So you think we don't know the contents of the Bible. Look again at the name of the forum you have joined!!!

Sheesh! Fry can't decide whether this one is insufferably arrogant or just insufferably naive/stupid.

greco doesn't appear to know the name of this forum he is trolling. Doesn't realize that there are there are former clergy members and church leaders here, and members who believed the exact same crap before he was even born — until they broke free of the indoctrination.

And, I'm pretty sure this one hasn't read the bible too carefully. He says it's what made him a christian. But, if you read the bible without blinders on and actually think about it, the bible is the best source for producing atheists.

We've already heard the so-called "Good News" — over and over and over. We know it's neither "good" nor "news." It's just worthless hearsay that's been passed around for 2000 years. There's nothing new, inspiring, or persuasive that a hopped-up Jesus freak can tell us.

greco — Don't waste your time here, son, you're seriously out-numbered and out-smarted.

Actually, the evidence strongly suggests Jesus was a mythical figure. You've never read Paul and wondered why he never mentions about Jesus' supposed earthly life? Read about Philo. He's the original "Christian". He's a historian that lived during Jesus' supposed lifetime and didn't write a word about him. Because Jesus, most likely, never existed.

Jesus living a righteous life and then dying on the cross are historical facts.

And yet you have no evidence of these so called "historical facts". Where did the evidence go?

Praise God. He died on the cross for you and me. For our sins. Hallelujah !! Can I hear some Amen out there? Praise the Lord!

Why would God need to arrange for one of his divine persons to die in order for God to forgive? Why can't God be more like me and just forgive without the need for a human blood sacrifice?

"God is imaginary" is the best explanation. Otherwise humans are superior to their creator.

Has to be a troll.

Why is your God so hungry for attention that he wants his creatures to worship him? Any way you slice it this makes God an egomaniac. Even if it's just that God left a "God shaped hole" in the hearts of people so that we need to worship Him then God is still an egomaniac. But if somebody did want all that attention then why would they go to such great lengths to hide all the evidence that they exist? God is a contradiction. This is totally what we should expect if humans invented God. Humans in power need a God. Kings, pastors, priests and popes need a God to give the masses a reason to follow the human leader. And there was a time when Godly leaders ruled the world. We call it the Dark Ages.