Goodbye Jesus

Why Do You Remain A Christian?

Antlerman

( Another reason I come here: I can learn stuff. )

That's strange though. God can't tell you this stuff?

Good point. (I wish there was a reputation option for you, but I guess it's not available for any moderators.)

Beyond that, for the most part it seems that Jay has demonstrated a reluctance to learn, as he continues to hold onto mythology despite facts.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• the stranger

• JayL

• Citsonga

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good point. (I wish there was a reputation option for you, but I guess it's not available for any moderators.)

Beyond that, for the most part it seems that Jay has demonstrated a reluctance to learn, as he continues to hold onto mythology despite facts.

Im convinced 150% he's a legitimate troll. Even though i got sucked back in recently, upon reflection, its the only scenario that really makes sense. He doesnt actually believe any of the shit he says. Its a fun little game to him.

Im convinced 150% he's a legitimate troll. Even though i got sucked back in recently, upon reflection, its the only scenario that really makes sense. He doesnt actually believe any of the shit he says. Its a fun little game to him.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with that too. I can't say for sure, though, since there are people who are incredibly stupid, but you're probably right.

(By the way, is "legitimate troll" kinda like "legitimate rape"? Haha. Just a little political humor there.)

Oh, I see. A troll is someone who is not a Christian believer but who pretends to be - just for fun? Just to have a conversation here? Why would anyone do that?? Is a troll an atheist who is here just to sharpen your wits?

More likely explanation is given by Citsonga. I may be 'stupid', unable to see brilliantly logical arguments mde by people here.

But that is ok. I am happy to be a fool for Christ. :)

But I believe I can hold my own in various arguments. I may come across as slow witted sometimes because I write these posts too quickly without enough cogitation....

But I believe I can hold my own in various arguments.

Point to one argument where you have held your own. Is it one of your arguments where you could not provide a single shred of objective evidence to support your view and you had no counter to the points raised by your opponents but choose to keep your opinion anyway? Most of your arguments are like that.

You come accross a certain way in your writing because that is who you are.

But I believe I can hold my own in various arguments.

Point to one argument where you have held your own. Is it one of your arguments where you could not provide a single shred of objective evidence to support your view and you had no counter to the points raised by your opponents but choose to keep your opinion anyway? Most of your arguments are like that.

You come accross a certain way in your writing because that is who you are.

And we're still waiting for the scientific proof of the existence of God.

Didn't Jay already say he'd come up with irrefutable proof of god but wouldn't share it because we're all such apostates?

tongue-pink-cat-emoticon.gif

I can't remember a single time when any of the resident fundies actually managed to hold his/her own in any sort of examination of claims. T2M handed one of them his motherfuckin' ASS a day or so ago and my ass is sympathetically smarting just reading it.

Didn't Jay already say he'd come up with irrefutable proof of god but wouldn't share it because we're all such apostates?

tongue-pink-cat-emoticon.gif

I can't remember a single time when any of the resident fundies actually managed to hold his/her own in any sort of examination of claims. T2M handed one of them his motherfuckin' ASS a day or so ago and my ass is sympathetically smarting just reading it.

You remember that one time, that one xian said that one really smart thing, that had many in here seriously reconsidering their decision to wallow in disbelief don't you? Don't you remember???

Yeah, neither do I.

You remember that one time, that one xian said that one really smart thing, that had many in here seriously reconsidering their decision to wallow in disbelief don't you? Don't you remember???

Yeah, neither do I.

You know what the worst part about this forum software is? You can only give a post one rep point.

Yeah, neither do I.

You know what the worst part about this forum software is? You can only give a post one rep point.

I put another one on there for ya. ;)

Yeah, neither do I.

I put another one on there for ya. ;)

In lieu of rep points, I accept cash, which a certain percentage of can be given to the mods to increase the total artificially. PM me for my PayPal address.

BAA, don't fucking PM me your long quotation rants about who's a troll or not. I don't really care about your "proof" or opinion, and it seems you take this forum WAY more seriously than I do.

Jay's an asshole, to be sure, but you're pedantic and annoying to harass me like that. FFS.

Does anybody on this entire site think Jay is even 10% serious?

I don't think he's serious, but without having the ability to get into his brain and see what's ticking there, I can't know for sure.

I think 3.1415%.

Put that in your pi hole.

mcdaddy rounded up wink.png

EDIT: Oops, I guess he didn't. That's pi, but it should be rounded to 3.1416 since it's 3.141592654

Full frontal math nerds.

I don't think he's serious, but without having the ability to get into his brain and see what's ticking there, I can't know for sure.

That is exactly why I say we should define "troll" by their behavior rather than by their thoughts. You can measure behavior. You can't be sure of thoughts.

I vote for "Poe" since we can't be 100% sure either way.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's all an act, but even JOKING that you condone execution by burning is fucking sick and earns him an "asshole I'd hit in the face with a shovel" tag from me.

I don't need a personal sermon about him being a troll to know he's a dickfart.

I hope he's not a troll.

If he's a troll, it means he's probably not a Christian, but a non-Christian (maybe atheist) pretending to be a dickface.

If that's true... then it's a very bad reflection on non-Christians, upholding this façade of asshat belief for so long and stringing fellow non-Christians along like this. It makes me lose faith in humanity and our worlds future...

I hope he's not a troll.

If he's a troll, it means he's probably not a Christian, but a non-Christian (maybe atheist) pretending to be a dickface.

If that's true... then it's a very bad reflection on non-Christians, upholding this façade of asshat belief for so long and stringing fellow non-Christians along like this. It makes me lose faith in humanity and our worlds future...

Eh, Christian, non-Christian...

Some people are just asshats, regardless of their belief system, or lack thereof. Not that I'm saying that JayL is an asshat, but I'm just responding to your post, Ouroboros.

Eh, Christian, non-Christian...

This place is for people to recover from Christianity, so he should have some sympathy if he's a non-Christian. What gain would he have to hurt people of his own kind by pretending to be a Christian unless he's a psychopath?

We've had real trolls in the past, but they only last for so long and not this deep.

Personally, I seriously think that most Christians are this deluded. JayL is just like many other Christians out there. This is the kind of Christian some of you will encounter over time, and they're not joking or pretending.

But so be it. The community consider him a troll. I will suspend his account.

If he *is* a TRUE Christian, then his years of hanging out here have done him no good whatsoever and he needs to get an invitation to play elsewhere because he's a royal dick. If he's *not* a Christian, then he's still a royal dick. If he's CINO, then he's still a dick and probably needs a better hobby than fucking around here. I didn't mind fucking back with him, but it's coming to a head, I guess, like all dicks do. I'll go with whatever call you make, Ouro.

BAA, don't fucking PM me your long quotation rants about who's a troll or not. I don't really care about your "proof" or opinion, and it seems you take this forum WAY more seriously than I do.

Jay's an asshole, to be sure, but you're pedantic and annoying to harass me like that. FFS.

Thank you for bringing me up to speed on what you consider to be harassment, LH.

I now see that you consider the one and only PM I've ever sent to you, to be harassment.

Since you don't want me to PM you again, I'm therefore obliged to apologize for harassing you here, where everyone will read it.

I am sorry that the length of my message was offensive to you.

It was that long because I'm pedantic and feel the need to cover every angle, to dot the i's and to cross the t's. I'm also sorry that you find this character trait annoying. It was never my intention to annoy you in this way. If I could have made the message any shorter, I would have done so. However, as I mentioned above, I've never PM'ed you before so I had no way of knowing in advance that you would be so annoyed by the length, content and pedantry of my message. Thank you for informing me about what annoys you so much.

I'm sorry if it offends you that I take this forum WAY more seriously than you do. I do. If you also find this character trait to be annoying, please accept my apologies. It was never my intention to use my serious frame of mind to annoy you so much.

Lastly, if it seems that I've been overlong and too pedantic in the way I've written this message of apology, please accept my further apologies.

I could write another, shorter and less pedantic apology to you - to apologize for this overlong and overly-pedantic apology, but in the light of your obvious annoyance over a single message, I think that would be a mistake.

I'm also sorry that you don't care about my opinion and I can assure that you that I will never PM you again.

With apologies,

BAA.