Goodbye Jesus

Why Do You Remain A Christian?

Antlerman

I wouldn't be surprised if it's all an act, but even JOKING that you condone execution by burning is fucking sick and earns him an "asshole I'd hit in the face with a shovel" tag from me.

^^^ This.

I agree that suspending Jay's account is a good idea. Anyone who shrugs off someone being burned alive, for any reason, is not the kind of person who should be running amok on a support board. Thanks, Ouroboros.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• the stranger

• JayL

• Citsonga

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wouldn't be surprised if it's all an act, but even JOKING that you condone execution by burning is fucking sick and earns him an "asshole I'd hit in the face with a shovel" tag from me.

I don't need a personal sermon about him being a troll to know he's a dickfart.

"dickfart"

tyvm for my new favorite word!!

I hope he's not a troll.

If he's a troll, it means he's probably not a Christian, but a non-Christian (maybe atheist) pretending to be a dickface.

If that's true... then it's a very bad reflection on non-Christians, upholding this façade of asshat belief for so long and stringing fellow non-Christians along like this. It makes me lose faith in humanity and our worlds future...

Think of the "faith healers" who rip off their followers. There's no way that they believe that stuff when they know they're relying on tricks to fool their audiences and they're getting rich off of "God's" money. It really does blow my mind that people would stoop so low, but some clearly do.

... I am sorry that the length of my message was offensive to you.

It was that long because I'm pedantic and feel the need to cover every angle, to dot the i's and to cross the t's. I'm also sorry that you find this character trait annoying. ...

BAA.

BAA, please never stop your "pedantic" ways. I enjoy your posts that cover every angle, especially when responding to trollish christian nonsense. I've learned quite a lot from you and look forward to more of your outstanding contributions to this website.

... I am sorry that the length of my message was offensive to you.

It was that long because I'm pedantic and feel the need to cover every angle, to dot the i's and to cross the t's. I'm also sorry that you find this character trait annoying. ...

BAA.

BAA, please never stop your "pedantic" ways. I enjoy your posts that cover every angle, especially when responding to trollish christian nonsense. I've learned quite a lot from you and look forward to more of your outstanding contributions to this website.

exactly. we all bring different pros and cons to this site. keep being who god made you to be, BAAAAAaaaaaaa!

Thanks you guys! smile.png

Btw, guess who visited my profile page last Friday?

Here's a clue.. NOON8642CustomImage0569057.gif

(Here's a smile for the dead troll... moon.gif )

BAA.

When I was in high school administration, we used to chuckle about how the faculty (yes, an us-them thing, I glory in it!) would say that such and such a kid should be expelled, and then, if the kid was expelled, the next year or so the faculty would talk about how they missed that kid, s/he wasn't so bad... heh heh. I'm sort of missing the waves that Jay would kick up. Well, Jay, if you come back, it would be great if you have something of substance to say, that you have thought through and actually believe.

Some people like preaching, some don't.

I don't like preaching from anyone, but that's what ignore is for. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Pardon my interruption. I’ve read enough post to get the gist of the general theme of the thoughts being expressed. Another thread noted the typical stages a person will experience as they travel though the deprogramming process. I think that thread missed a stage, at least one that I’ve seen numerous times.

I call that phase the Paul Revere stage. It has many similarities to its counterpart the new born again Christian stage. In both examples spreading the “good news” becomes almost an obsession. The only real difference is the message. The Christian wants to tell the world about Jesus and the newly born non-believer wants to tell the world about the evils of religion. Neither one of them realizes nobody else cares. Innocent bystanders just aren’t interested in either message.

The non-religious person forgets what being Christian was like and how hard it was to stop believing and thinking like the rest of the group they were part of. The newly born again believer has been manipulated and indoctrinated. They are no longer in their right mind. They don’t think logically or rationally anymore because they have faith now, and faith by definition doesn’t require proof. In fact asking for proof is evidence of lack of faith and lack of faith is sin.

Indoctrinated people are no longer independent thinkers. The group they affiliate with now thinks for them. An indoctrinated mind is incapable of processing information logically or rationally. Information that conflicts with their faith is rejected out of hand. And honestly the newly deprogrammed non-believer often becomes so focused on logic and reason that they can no longer empathize with the believer. All communication stops because both individuals end up talking past each other. In reality, neither one of them even hears what the other one is saying.

IMO, based on my experience, until the Christian sees the flaws themselves and doubts begins to form in their mind it’s a waste of time and energy discussing faith issues with them. And the same is true in reverse. If you’re a Christian it’s a waste of your time and energy to try and bring a former believer back into the fold. Just accept neither of you are candidates or prospects for conversion to another way of thinking and let it go at that. Find a new community of like minded folks and enjoy your new life, but if you’re a believer it will eventually dawn on you that there ain’t no way you’re gonna make it to heaven, but that’s another issue for another time after that reality dawns on you.

• 3 weeks later...
If you’re a Christian it’s a waste of your time and energy to try and bring a former believer back into the fold. Just accept neither of you are candidates or prospects for conversion to another way of thinking and let it go at that. Find a new community of like minded folks and enjoy your new life, but if you’re a believer it will eventually dawn on you that there ain’t no way you’re gonna make it to heaven, but that’s another issue for another time after that reality dawns on you.

Praise Jesus for today! His name is great. Praise the Lord. I have decided to try this Lion's den forum not to 'convert' ex-Christians. I happen to think this is a great place to exchange ideas about Christianity and have some fellowship with different people.

Well, I am here and I just like to praise God in this forum.

God bless you all.

Some people like preaching, some don't.

I don't like preaching from anyone, but that's what ignore is for. smile.png

But some preaching IS allowed in this forum.

When I was in high school administration, we used to chuckle about how the faculty (yes, an us-them thing, I glory in it!) would say that such and such a kid should be expelled, and then, if the kid was expelled, the next year or so the faculty would talk about how they missed that kid, s/he wasn't so bad... heh heh. I'm sort of missing the waves that Jay would kick up. Well, Jay, if you come back, it would be great if you have something of substance to say, that you have thought through and actually believe.

Well, what I believe in is Jesus. I believe Jesus can heal your heart. I believe Jesus can turn your sorrow into joy. I believe Jesus is the answer.

Praise God!!!

Well, what I believe in is Jesus. I believe Jesus can heal your heart. I believe Jesus can turn your sorrow into joy. I believe Jesus is the answer.

Praise God!!!

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss247/lilfabio/futurama-fry-meme-generator-not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-fundamentalist-christian-ed4732.jpg

If you’re a Christian it’s a waste of your time and energy to try and bring a former believer back into the fold. Just accept neither of you are candidates or prospects for conversion to another way of thinking and let it go at that. Find a new community of like minded folks and enjoy your new life, but if you’re a believer it will eventually dawn on you that there ain’t no way you’re gonna make it to heaven, but that’s another issue for another time after that reality dawns on you.

Praise Jesus for today! His name is great. Praise the Lord. I have decided to try this Lion's den forum not to 'convert' ex-Christians. I happen to think this is a great place to exchange ideas about Christianity and have some fellowship with different people.

God bless you all.

Welcome to the Lion's Den. Please tell us more of this Jesus fellow.

LOL ^^^^^^

I believe you are deluded.

If Jesus is the answer—what was the question?

I believe Jesus is the answer.

So what is the question?

(Raven, you beat me by 1 minute, darnit.)

God bless you all.

Welcome to the Lion's Den. Please tell us more of this Jesus fellow.

Thank you. God bless you.

Jesus Christ is the greatest person ever lived. He is wonderful counselor, mighty God, the Father of eternity. Jesus Christ is the Lord !!!

Praise His Holy Name. His name means THE Savior. Hallelujah!!!

LOL ^^^^^^

I believe you are deluded.

If Jesus is the answer—what was the question?

Well, some small questions like, what is life all about? Why are we here? Why is life so challenging? What can I do about my broken heart? Who can deliver me from my sins?? How can I be reconciled with God who created me??

All the deep questions people may be avoiding. To those questions, Jesus is the answer. Praise Him.

I am not deluded. Nor am I drunk - except with the Holy Spirit of God. Hallejuah !! In the book of Acts, people asked whether his holy disciples were drunk. The answer was no. Thousand times no. They were filled with the Holy Spirit of God and spoke in powerful tongues from the Heaven. The same day, three thousands have repented and turned to the crucified Lord. Praise Jesus. I expect same power of Holy Spirit will hit this 'Lion's den' and many will come to Christ. Today.

Praise God!

I am not going to look. I bet it is something obscene.

I assure you the link is safe for work. Most people would never consider that pic obscene. Do you and/or your church considers the TV show "Futureama" to be obscene?

Instead I shall just go on praising the Lord. Praise Jesus !!!

You are going to annoy a lot of people that way. Why not just accept that we are not going back to your religion? We don't need you to give up Christianity. Instead we can talk about other things. As long as we avoid the topic of religion everything will be great.

I am not deluded. Nor am I drunk - except with the Holy Spirit of God. Hallejuah !! In the book of Acts, people asked whether his holy disciples were drunk. The answer was no. Thousand times no. They were filled with the Holy Spirit of God and spoke in powerful tongues from the Heaven. The same day, three thousands have repented and turned to the crucified Lord. Praise Jesus. I expect same power of Holy Spirit will hit this 'Lion's den' and many will come to Christ. Today.

Praise God!

Let's check back in 24 hours and count this "many". If the Holy Spirit lets you down then what?

Actually, we haven't had many Christians here in a while. It's fun to see some here now and then. So welcome.

God bless you all.

The Universe bless you too. Without it, you wouldn't be alive. :)

Thank you. God bless you.

Jesus Christ is the greatest person ever lived. He is wonderful counselor, mighty God, the Father of eternity. Jesus Christ is the Lord !!!

Praise His Holy Name. His name means THE Savior. Hallelujah!!!

Well, that's annoying. Can you participate in a discussion instead of just "praising"?

Why are you Christian? What convinced you to become one?

I hope you're not just posing as a Christian for lulz.

Well, some small questions like, what is life all about? Why are we here? Why is life so challenging? What can I do about my broken heart? Who can deliver me from my sins?? How can I be reconciled with God who created me??

All the deep questions people may be avoiding. To those questions, Jesus is the answer.

Wouldn't you know it! The day I come back for a visit, I learn that I missed all the drama, but didn't miss the tro....uh, christian.

Praise Him

and pass the ammunition. Remember to keep your powder dry!

You only asked 2 deep questions (#1 and #2). The rest are either obvious (answer: entropy and gravity) (answer: get a GF and get laid) or you'd have to be a christian to even ask 'em!

You're not deluded, you're just a fool for Christ. We all repented and turned to Mother Nature. Her Kingdom of Heaven is within. Convert, and find the freedom to become human once again! Praise the Universe!