Goodbye Jesus

PRIAPUS

Savedbyfaith

None of us deserve eternal life, but because God loves us he provided the means, by grace, to help us turn from our sinful ways. 

Maybe not, but none of us deserve hell either. Name one thing your own son or daughter could do to you that would cause you to torture them forever and ever.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• Savedbyfaith

• BeccasStillSeeking

• Mythra

AS much as you hate the thought of Jesus Christ dying for your sins, that will never change it.  He is there for you should you ever want him to be your Savior. 

Don't assign emotions to me. Don't assume you know my emotions at all. To say I hate anyone without knowing me is the height of pure arrogance. I can't hate something I don't believe in.

I CAN hate someone who tries to convince me a myth is the truth. Tells me to accept a lie. Don't think so.

[sBF]  I've been invited to proselytize in this forum, so it shouldn't bother you. As one other said to me, "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

You have no heat. And do you even know where the kitchen is? Let alone what to do with it?

[sBF]  "Aggressive evangelism will be tolerated in this forum."

Yeeeeess. So? Does that mean I have to smile sweetly at your proselytizing bullshit? It most certainly does not. And don't expect me to.

By the by......I notice that once again we have a christian here who only addresses posts, or parts of posts they feel they've got the hair for.

Oooh! Oooh!

Don't forget the "Proclaimation of Peace" foot-shods....or the "Shield of Faith".....oh! And the "Breastplate of Righteousness".....oh! And the "Sword of Spirit too!!!

Where ya goin' in that outfit? Skiing? 

Your biblegod is a warmongering, ego-centric, manic-depressive murderer! You want us to worship that?

No WAY!

Your god is love spiel is shown to be a lie by the very "clothes" your bible-belief is supposed to give you.

Enjoy your lemming march to the sea.

We aren't going.

You want to try addressing this now?

Wow, everyone look, this song here LIES....just like the bible.

Yeah, just what the world needs--more empty promises. :P

As I stated in the other thread, I saw the shroud of Turin. I was living in Turin Italy when they decided to reveal it to the public fr one week. I stood in line with thousands of sweet little Italian grandmas agrivating their rumatism by crossing themselves so hard. Did you know that Jesus was only 4 feet tall? I was a bit surprised by that as I stood a couple of yards from the glass encased shroud.

[sBF] But what a "giant" of a man :-) All pictures I've seen show him to be around 5'10." Well, however tall he was he gave it all for us on a wooden cross.

[sBF]  "Effort?" It's not in trying, but trusting; not in running, but resting.  Perhaps you "tried" yourself right out his loving arms.  You can only trust your way through the Christian life and and into heaven.  It sounds to me that you "did" all the right things, yet without the help of the Holy Spirit.

Gotta get that formula down just right Priapus or you are just going to have to fry in hell forever and ever because god is a just god you know?

What the heck! I was trusting Jesus, as was not running but resting, I didn't try to be a Christian, and I "had" the Holy Spirit, for 30 years, and I found out it's a hoax and mass hysteria resulting in a hypnotic self delusion. You think that you believe in the right things, but you’re fooled by the meme.

So then I must have been saved and a true Christian after all!!!

The Bible says if you ask Jesus and believe in him you are saved, so I must have been saved according to the conditions of the religious contract. But since then I’ve seen how religion is a mental state of denial of the obvious. There is not way of knowing if there is a God or not, that’s the fact. Then a Holy Book doesn’t make it true, except for a spiritual experience it can give you, and those are all in your head and not real.

[sBF] Reading the bible sincerely and prayerfully for 20 years will never save anyone.  Until you come to place in your life where you understand that you, like all of us, are a sinner and need the Savior, no amount of church attendance, Bible study, prayer, tithing, etc. will make any points with God.  You must be willing to repent of your sins and turn to Jesus in faith.

Oh, I understood that just fine at the time and accepted everything you just said. Now I understand that what I understood was all hogwash.

This doesn't answer my question though, it just changes the subject.

Did the word of god return void?

Maybe not, but none of us deserve hell either. Name one thing your own son or daughter could do to you that would cause you to torture them forever and ever.

[sBF] There is nothing they could do that I would torture them forever. However, it's not against me that they sin. Man's problem is that he thinks God should respond to our sin without consequences. Man's problem is that he doesn't understand the holiness of God and how much he hates sin. Make up your mind soon. God hates your sin and will let you perish in it if that's what you want. OTOH, he will forgive you if you will humble yourself and ask his forgiveness.

Don't assign emotions to me. Don't assume you know my emotions at all. To say I hate anyone without knowing me is the height of pure arrogance. I can't hate something I don't believe in.

Didn't you know? You hate Santa Claus too! Because you don't believe in him, and you didn't get the toy you asked for when you were 7 yrs old, so now when you claim he doesn't exist, you must be hating him!

I CAN hate someone who tries to convince me a myth is the truth. Tells me to accept a lie. Don't think so.

You have no heat. And do you even know where the kitchen is? Let alone what to do with it?

Yeeeeess. So? Does that mean I have to smile sweetly at your proselytizing bullshit? It most certainly does not. And don't expect me to.

Absolutely correct. The rules say "except heated responses.." and that's what he's getting.

By the by......I notice that once again we have a christian here who only addresses posts, or parts of posts they feel they've got the hair for.

You want to try addressing this now?

Of course he won't. Because he can't and he knows as soon he dives down into deep conversation in the areas he have no answers for, his religion is faltering. He's using the technique of picking the few pieces that fits into his house of cards.

[sBF] Reading the bible sincerely and prayerfully for 20 years will never save anyone.  Until you come to place in your life where you understand that you, like all of us, are a sinner and need the Savior, no amount of church attendance, Bible study, prayer, tithing, etc. will make any points with God.  You must be willing to repent of your sins and turn to Jesus in faith.

SIR, just WHAT don't you understand about us?!?

WE DID ALL THAT!!!!! (At least I KNOW I DID.)

When I was a Xian preacher, THAT is precisely the garbage I PREACHED to others! I KNOW the routine. TRUST ME!!!!

Still...it did NOT work. Not for me, and not for the people I preached at.

"God" is a lie.

So will you PLEASE quit trying to torment us with your blather about how "right" YOU are? Will you PLEASE quit inviting us to waste one more nickel on tracts, pamphlets, bibles, etc., etc.?

Been there, done that, BURNT the Xian T-shirt!

Sheesh! Give it a REST, willya?!?

What the heck! I was trusting Jesus, as was not running but resting, I didn't try to be a Christian, and I "had" the Holy Spirit, for 30 years, and I found out it's a hoax and mass hysteria resulting in a hypnotic self delusion. You think that you believe in the right things, but you’re fooled by the meme.

The Bible says if you ask Jesus and believe in him you are saved, so I must have been saved according to the conditions of the religious contract. But since then I’ve seen how religion is a mental state of denial of the obvious. There is not way of knowing if there is a God or not, that’s the fact. Then a Holy Book doesn’t make it true, except for a spiritual experience it can give you, and those are all in your head and not real.

Why is it always OUR fault when God doesn't answer?

Either we didn't trust God enough, or we were sinful. Or weren't in the right faith. Or weren't "chosen". Or whatever other drivel is being trotted out by the True Believers this morning. :P NOBODY has ever been able to provide a real explanation for why God never answered me--not in twenty years. :P

[sBF]  But what a "giant" of a man :-)  All pictures I've seen show him to be around 5'10." Well, however tall he was he gave it all for us on a wooden cross.

Yes, what a giant of a man he was when he got pissed off and cursed a fig tree. About as much man as I was when I threw a tantrum and kicked my car tire after getting stuck in the snow. My wife can tell you it was not one of my finer moments.

Oh, I understood that just fine at the time and accepted everything you just said. Now I understand that what I understood was all hogwash.

[sBF] You understood in your mind, not your heart. That's where the action is :-)

This doesn't answer my question though, it just changes the subject.

Did the word of god return void?

[sBF] So far, yes. You have until your appointed time to die (Heb. 9:27), whenever that is, to change your mind and turn to Christ for the salvation of your soul. If you never do, the word that was sent forth from his mouth accomplished the purpose for which it was sent. It spoke the truth to you, but you rejected it. Sometimes the word of God pushes people further away until their heart is so calloused that they can't hear the call anymore. God allows a person to harden his own heart. There is a point of no return, not because God stops calling, but because the heart is hard, the eyes are closed and the ear is dul. Look what Jesus said: "For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes." (Matt. 13:15a)

I hope you have not reached that point where you are steadfast in your rejection of Christ.

I love that my question hasn't been answered yet, regarding whether or not SBF meets believer requirements.  hehehe

You too, Thankful?

Either he's gutless, or we've been "iggy'd". Oh well. I'll just have to take my pot shots "behind his back", as it were. :lmao:

I love that my question hasn't been answered yet, regarding whether or not SBF meets believer requirements. hehehe

[sBF] If you don't know by now, you never will :-)

I love that my question hasn't been answered yet, regarding whether or not SBF meets believer requirements.  hehehe

Actually, this is a more important question. What is a true Christian? Have SBF answered that yet? How do you become a true Christian? If I met all the requirements then what is there to say?

[sBF]  You understood in your mind, not your heart.  That's where the action is :-)

Got news for you. Your mind is what you refer to as your heart. Unless you have the EKG to prove otherwise I'm sticking with my story.

I hope you have not reached that point where you are steadfast in your rejection of Christ.

Oh yeah, I'm pretty much done with that. These past 12 years have been ever so much more peaceful without all that fear of hell, fear for my lost love ones, and without all that worry about is this a sin? or is that a sin?

I gotta tell you, you'll have to do a lobotomy on me before you get me back in the fold.

[Edit] I'll pick up on this again in the morning. It's after midnight here and I need my beauty rest.

I hope you have not reached that point where you are steadfast in your rejection of Santa Clause. I grieves my soul to see you hate Him so much. What has He ever done to you?? He works in solitude every day of the year making toys for children with no request for payment, yet you HATE HIM by rejecting him and making all of his work for naught! You deserve to fry in hell for eternity for hurting him so. I weep for you.

The Bible says if you ask Jesus and believe in him you are saved,

[sBF] Please define believe.

so I must have been saved according to the conditions of the religious contract.

[sBF] Religious contract? Christianity is not a religion and the contract was made at Calvary.

[sBF] Maybe you were still a sinner when you asked (John 9:30). God answers prayer one of three ways: No, not yet, I have something better.

Either we didn't trust God enough, or we were sinful.

[sBF] Hmmmmmm.........

Or weren't in the right faith. Or weren't "chosen".

[sBF] The Bible speaks of the book of life written from the foundation of the world (Rev. 17:8). In it are the names of everyone whom the Father would give to Christ for salvation. Those whose names are not recorded will not come to Him.

Or whatever other drivel is being trotted out by the True Believers this morning. :P NOBODY has ever been able to provide a real explanation for why God never answered me--not in twenty years. :P

[sBF] I have the answer. If I give it to you, will you turn to Christ and ask him to forgive your sins and know that you have eternal life?

I hope you have not reached that point where you are steadfast in your rejection of Santa Clause. I grieves my soul to see you hate Him so much. What has He ever done to you?? He works in solitude every day of the year making toys for children with no request for payment, yet you HATE HIM by rejecting him and making all of his work for naught! You deserve to fry in hell for eternity for hurting him so. I weep for you.

[sBf] I'll pass on this one, thank you :-)

I hope you have not reached that point where you are steadfast in your rejection of Santa Clause.  I grieves my soul to see you hate Him so much.  What has He ever done to you??  He works in solitude every day of the year making toys for children with no request for payment, yet you HATE HIM by rejecting him and making all of his work for naught!  You deserve to fry in hell for eternity for hurting him so.  I weep for you.

Yes, poor Antisantas, they will go to the eternal burning furnace for old and dry christmas trees, sharing the lava rocks with the evil elfs.

[sBF] Maybe you were still a sinner when you asked (John 9:30). God answers prayer one of three ways: No, not yet, I have something better.

Either we didn't trust God enough, or we were sinful.

[sBF] Hmmmmmm.........

Ohhhhh, now you've just gone and done it.

GO READ MY DECONVERSION STORY. I was an innocent, completely trusting CHILD. So, besides being completely judgmental of someone you don't know (and sticking your foot in your mouth, you insensitive jerk), you are wrong on both points. Or perhaps you'd like to explain why an innocent, abused eight year old who lived for Jesus could possibly have had the TIME to sin enough to rate God's ignoring her?

You have just officially shown that you are worthy of NOTHING but my Ignore list. What kind of an insensitive ass asserts that an altruistic, believes-to-the-point-of-physically-endangering-herself CHILD was too sinful to deserve an answer? If Christians were capable of shame, I'd say that you SHOULD be deeply ashamed of yourself about now.

Or whatever other drivel is being trotted out by the True Believers this morning. :P NOBODY has ever been able to provide a real explanation for why God never answered me--not in twenty years. :P

[sBF] I have the answer. If I give it to you, will you turn to Christ and ask him to forgive your sins and know that you have eternal life?

No you don't. You have just proven that you are FAR more ignorant than I. And arrogant and insensitive to boot.

I'm putting SBF on my ignore list, if he answers my question please let me know so that I may view it.

Don't hold your breath...

Do you mean ANY answer or just the same old pile with a new flower on it??

I do know, you don't because you have ignored my question on whether or not you have the signs of a believer according to Mark, you don't. Because you don't, you're not a true Christian. SBF...it's all or nothing, quit pickin' and choosin'.

:grin:

It's a simple question... I SBF...cast out demons, heal the sick, drink deadly poison, pick up snakes with my hands, speak in new tongues, just as jesus says in Mark 16.... YES OR NO?

[sBF] Mark 16 is not the formula/sign for "all" believers, as you erroneously believe. The body of Christ has different gifts and ministries (1 Cor. 12 & 14). Check 'em out. Tongues is just one gift, but not all believers have it. Does that mean he is not a believer? Apply this back to Mark. As far as picking up serpents and drinking poison, it probably means that someone in God's service who is bitten by a poisonous snake or forced to drink poison, will not be harmed. Paul was bitten by a poisonous snake and it didn't bother him a bit. Even an ex-Christian wouldn't drink poison :-)

If you do not answer yes or no then it's obvious "no" is you're answer. To which I say, leave hypocrite and come back when you're a "true" christian.

[sBF] Keep trying, love. :-)

I'm putting SBF on my ignore list, if he answers my question please let me know so that I may view it.

Yeah, he's going on my Ignore list too. He's the very first one on it. What a heartless, bible-blinded pig. Next he'll be saying that what my mother did to me was absolutely OK Biblically speaking ("spare the rod, spoil the child" or some such nonsense) , and that that priest was right to tell me to pray instead of calling CPS.

[sBF] Religious contract? Christianity is not a religion and the contract was made at Calvary.

religion - noun - 1. the service or worship of God or the supernatural.

2. devotion to a religious faith.

3. an organized system of faith and worship.

also; a personal set of personal beliefs and practices.

4. a cause, principle, or belief held to with faith and ardor.

Source: Merriam-Webster Dictionary

So, is it YOUR contention that Christianity does NOT fall into ANY of these categories?

NOW who's kidding whom?

Christianity IS a religion! If we can't even agree on THIS simple point, then we are TRULY wasting our time.