Goodbye Jesus

PRIAPUS

Savedbyfaith

Again, why do you insist on arguing this point before you establish scripture as anything more than a fairy tale?

[sBF] Can you imagine of the untold billions of us over the centuries who have been snookered by this fairy tale? We poor suckers, believing something as foolish as someone dying for their sins so they could have eternal life. I mean, isn't that the height swallowing hook, line and sinker. Aren't you glad that you are among the few who were fortunate enough to see the light :-)

Actually, the answer to all accounts is Yes, yes, and yes.

You are committing the logical error of appealing to large numbers. What the masses believe does not necessarily compute as truth. More often than not, the opposite is true.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• Savedbyfaith

• BeccasStillSeeking

• Mythra

Reality check: I already "let it" and it didn't, in fact, turn my life around.

I've seen how islam has offered the same kind of "hope they never knew existed" to some people. Does that make Allah the one true God and Muhammad his prophet?

[sBF] Only one of two possibilites: Either you never belonged to Christ (Rom. 8:9), or you are terribly back-slidden. The Bible is clear that there are Christians who produce very little fruit and are cut off from the victorious, fruitful life in Christ. They will be saved, but won' t have much to show Christ at the judgment seat (1 Cor. 3:12-15).

Or, if you look behind door number three, the whole thing is a big fat lie and options one and two are not valid.

SBF, you never answered Cerise's question. To wit:

Well?

[sBF] Allah is not the one true God, because he does not have a Son :-)

You provided us this response before, but as we pointed out, it doesn't make sense. You are starting to repeat yourself again.

Thanks for thinking of my welfare :-)  Call is sarcasm, but that's how you must look at it.  If it harms me, it will harm all who thought they were saved.  Imagine, when we die, we don't go this wonderful place called heaven.  Talk about an incredible disappointment.

Then you had better look to your life instead of your death. Then perhaps you might not be so very disappointed.

[sBF] Only one of two possibilites:  Either you never belonged to Christ (Rom. 8:9), or you are terribly back-slidden.  The Bible is clear that there are Christians who produce very little fruit and are cut off from the victorious, fruitful life in Christ.  They will be saved, but won' t have much to show Christ at the judgment seat (1 Cor. 3:12-15).

One more possibility: Christ doesn't exist, ergo NOBODY belongs or ever did belong to Christ. Including you.

The Bible is clear on nothing and everything. It is whatever you want it to be. Any parts you don't argree with you can twist or explain away. You can cherry-pick it to death and irrelevance. That is the major passtime of christians, after all.

SBF, you never answered Cerise's question. To wit:

Well?

[sBF] Allah is not the one true God, because he does not have a Son :-)

Why exactly must the one true god have a son?

That's like saying Jesus can't be God because he doesn't have a bicycle helmut.

I was once, now I'm not...

Isaiah 53 is talking about Israel.

[sBF] Who was the rich man and where is his grave that Israel was assigned to? (Isa. 53:9) How did Israel "sprinkle"(heb. nazah) many nations. (Isa. 52:15)
If anyone thinks that's Messanic, they need a serious reality check. (and I knew that when I was 8... Yep, even a child knew what it was about)

Psalm 22 is about David. Unless you want to believe that David was also the Messiah, there's no way it could be Messanic...

Do you believe they are Messanic? If so, why do you believe something in direct contradiction to the Bible?

[sBF] Were David's feet pierced? Who cast lots for David's clothing?

Same answer to whether Jesus was heard from the horns of unicorns, or whether Jesus was surrounded by bulls...

12Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round.

21Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.

Little prediction... you'll try to get out of this by saying that it's not supposed to be taken literally...

Me? I'll just say that the entire psalm is a load of bollocks.

By the way... Was Jesus pierced in the hands and feet? Answer... no. When anyone was crucified in that manner, the nails were driven through the wrist.

If you still think it's messanic, then you must think that Jesus wasn't the Messiah, since he doesn't fit the psalm... That means you don't believe in Jesus as the son of God, which means we'll see you in hell.

Or you think he is the Messiah, in which case you are saying the Bible is lying, which means it wouldn't be Messanic, which means you lied about it being Messanic, which means we'll see you in hell.

Shall we keep your seat warm? :grin:

Why exactly must the one true god have a son?

That's like saying Jesus can't be God because he doesn't have a bicycle helmut.

[sBF] Well, it's just my opinion, but I believe the Bible is the only inspired word of God. And that word says God has a Son whose name is Jesus Christ. Of course, the one true God could have had a daughter, but he chose to have a Son. Did you know that all who trust in him have a helmet, the helmet of salvation (Eph. 6:17).

Well, it's just my opinion

I'll be damned if we're not making some progress with this old geezer.

it would be, well christianity or a deception of the devil. 

You just solved the mystery. :Doh: Of course. This is why we all believed but were never saved. We were following the mirror religion set up by Satan that coniving bastard.

Well, it's just my opinion, but I believe the Bible is the only inspired word of God.  And that word says God has a Son whose name is Jesus Christ.  Of course, the one true God could have had a daughter, but he chose to have a Son.  Did you know that all who trust in him have a helmet, the helmet of salvation (Eph. 6:17).

Did you know that grablacks don't snoorkle at night, but only on the first full moon of the month? Because that holds as much meaning for me as what you just wrote.

You have no objective reason for why the Bible is the only inspired word of God. And you have no way of knowing whether or not Jesus is the right one to worship or Allah, or Vishnu, or Terpsichore, or Mithra.

So why are you trying to convert us with only your opinions? You must know that is a pointless endeavor.

Forgiven:-)  Would you do something?  I'm sure you have heard of Campus Crusade for Christ.  They have a booklet called "How to be filled with the Holy Spirit."  I've been studying it and I think everyone can benefit from it.  Sometimes Christians fall into the trap of "self-trust" without realizing it. That is exactly what satan wants us to do.  That way, we are not effective, for apart from Christ, we can do nothing. We are still Christians but not experiencing the Spirit-filled life.  Anyway, I think this booklet could be very illuminating.  It's posted on their website:

http://www.transferableconcepts.com/transc...irit/index.html

Or you can call them and order one- 800-827-2788

You want me to be baptized in the holy spirit AGAIN? If we do it again, only believe harder, will we then be saved for real this time??? I don't know if I can convince myself any more than I already did once, but I'll try. It seems to have worked for you...

[sBF] Well, it's just my opinion, but I believe the Bible is the only inspired word of God.  And that word says God has a Son whose name is Jesus Christ.  Of course, the one true God could have had a daughter, but he chose to have a Son. 

Fine. You believe the bible is the word of god. :Wendywhatever:

WE DON'T!

Just wanted to make that nice and big to make sure you see it. So......

Since we don't believe the bible holds the truth of the purpose of our existence.....and all of your answers to our questions are based on this book which we don't hold relevant....

Why are you still here?

Do you think by answering our questions you will turn us back to the faith?

Why do you think we are asking you questions?

Guess what bucky! We are asking you questions so that you will ask yourself those questions! Not because we want to know a damn thing about what that book says (we've read the piece of crap ourselves....thanks). Eventually we hope that you will begin to actually think for yourself.

I doubt this really. As you have pointed out, you are 70. As they say, you can't teach an old dog new tricks. And since you are nearing the point of your life where all answers will be made apparant (hopefully), your very sanity is vested in the belief system that gives you most comfort and relieves you of the most fear. I certainly can't blame you for that need. It's emotional morphine. Keeps you from worrying too much.

So I don't expect YOU to change. Christianity works for YOU it's what YOU need.

What I do mind is you coming here with the expectation that we should change......again, really.

Since I don't anticipate you changing, I find your intentions for us rather inconsiderate and rude.

Did you know that all who trust in him have a helmet, the helmet of salvation (Eph. 6:17).

Oooh! Oooh!

Don't forget the "Proclaimation of Peace" foot-shods....or the "Shield of Faith".....oh! And the "Breastplate of Righteousness".....oh! And the "Sword of Spirit too!!!

Where ya goin' in that outfit? Skiing? :Hmm:

Your biblegod is a warmongering, ego-centric, manic-depressive murderer! You want us to worship that?

No WAY!

Your god is love spiel is shown to be a lie by the very "clothes" your bible-belief is supposed to give you.

Enjoy your lemming march to the sea.

We aren't going.

Little prediction... you'll try to get out of this by saying that it's not supposed to be taken literally...Me? I'll just say that the entire psalm is a load of bollocks.

[sBF] Did you not even want to share what you think these verses mean?

By the way... Was Jesus pierced in the hands and feet? Answer... no. When anyone was crucified in that manner, the nails were driven through the wrist.

[sBF] Good for you, Crazy. You're exactly right :-) The wrists were pierced so the nails wouldn't tear loose as they would if they were driven through his palms. Even the Shroud of Turin shows where nails are driven. I don't know why the scritpure says his hands were pierced. But let's not quibble over a couple of inches.

If you still think it's messanic, then you must think that Jesus wasn't the Messiah, since he doesn't fit the psalm...

[sBF] There are at least five specific things in the Psalms that were fulfilled by Jesus. 1. Ps. 22:16 - Fulfilled in Matt. 27:35 and John 20:25. 2. Ps. 22:17 - Fulfilled in Luke 23:27,35. 3. Ps. 22:18 - Fulfilled in Matt. 27:35, Mark 15:24, Luke 23:34 and John 19:24. 4. Ps. 16:10 - Fulfilled in Mark 16:6. 5. Ps. 41:9 - Fulfilled in John 13:18. Notice in Mark 16:2 the sun had risen, and in verse 6 the Son had risen. What an amazing coincidence.

That means you don't believe in Jesus as the son of God, which means we'll see you in hell.

[sBF] Looking forward to hell are you? I thought you didn't believe in it.

[CrazyTiger] By the way... Was Jesus pierced in the hands and feet? Answer... no. When anyone was crucified in that manner, the nails were driven through the wrist.

[sBF] Good for you, Crazy.  You're exactly right :-)  The wrists were pierced so the nails wouldn't tear loose as they would if they were driven through his palms.  Even the Shroud of Turin shows where nails are driven.  I don't know why the scritpure says his hands were pierced.  But let's not quibble over a couple of inches.

Hell no, let's not worry about the fact the Jesus Himself was ignorant of the difference between his palm and his wrist. He wasn't the sharpest crayon in the box, was he? If you ever get that nasty, fleeting thought that there is an ERROR somewhere, just ignore it and it will go away. Just like the mountain of other contradicitons and errors in God's Holy Word. But don't worry-- when you get to heaven God will explain all of the contradictions, logic and factual errors and attrocities while he sends all of those who pointed them out to the lake of fire where they will be tortured and burned alive for ever and ever, amen.

Glory!

I think that SBF needs to answer whether or not he fulfills ALL the PROOFS of a believer according to Mark 16 and if he doesn't, we can stop wasting precious time on his ridiculous, one sided arguments.

Anyone second this motion??

SBF should be skilled enough at this point in his life to be able to rationalize why it doesn't apply to him. But I think his best defense is his ability to ignore.

Guest Priapus

I'll chime in since my interaction with SavedByFaith was the impetus for this threed. I will not dispute hands v. wrists nor one donkey v. two. I will say this about that, however.

Dear SavedByFaith,

None, no not one, of the promises made in Scripture concerning God/Jesus/HolySpirit's protection, guidance, healing, comfort, etc. was ever made manifest to me in 12 deliberate years as a believer. My life was categorically unchanged despite every effort to give myself, mind, body, soul, etc. to the Trinity. I can only conclude from this that the whole program is bunk, including the afterlife.

If The Christian faith brings ye peace, joy, and inspiration, that's fine. It just means nothing whatsoever to me and now ye know why, in some personal detail.

Have a bitchin' day.

Why are you still here? Do you think by answering our questions you will turn us back to the faith? Why do you think we are asking you questions?

[sBF] Apostates can't be turned back to something they never had. If the word of God can change the heart of the man who murdered Christians, and wrote half the new testament, then there's hope for you :-). "For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any double-edged sword..." (Heb. 4:12) It's not my job to convert anyone, rather just share the word and pray that it will settles in good soil. AS much as you hate the thought of Jesus Christ dying for your sins, that will never change it. He is there for you should you ever want him to be your Savior.

What I do mind is you coming here with the expectation that we should change......again, really.

[sBF] I've been invited to proselytize in this forum, so it shouldn't bother you. As one other said to me, "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen." The only thing I expect is for God to do his will. If your name was recorded in the book of life from the foundation of the world, it's only a matter of time that you will receive Jesus. If your name is not there, you won't.

Since I don't anticipate you changing, I find your intentions for us rather inconsiderate and rude.

[sBF] "Aggressive evangelism will be tolerated in this forum."

[sBF] Good for you, Crazy.  You're exactly right :-)  The wrists were pierced so the nails wouldn't tear loose as they would if they were driven through his palms.  Even the Shroud of Turin shows where nails are driven.  I don't know why the scritpure says his hands were pierced.  But let's not quibble over a couple of inches.

"The Shroud of Turin?"

Surely you MUST by now recognize this "artifact" is nothing but a hoax? If the link I provided does not satisfy you, then just look to YOUR precious scripture.

According to John 19:40 (NKJV)-

Then they took the body of Jesus, and bound it in strips of linen with the spices, as the custom of the Jews is to bury.

Pay special attention to the bold words.

The "Shroud of Turin" is a one-piece garment, is it not?

So...HOW could it be legit, IF "Jesus" was bound in strips, according to scripture?

I so look forward to your tap dance on this issue.

[sBF]  I've been invited to proselytize in this forum, so it shouldn't bother you. As one other said to me, "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen." The only thing I expect is for God to do his will.  If your name was recorded in the book of life from the foundation of the world, it's only a matter of time that you will receive Jesus.  If your name is not there, you won't. 

[sBF]  "Aggressive evangelism will be tolerated in this forum."

I don't mind you staying but I really do wish you would provide us with a reason why you keep quoting the bible to us. Is it because you believe "the word of god will not return void?"

What if I read the "word of god" with deep sincerity and prayerfulness for more than 20 years? I'm an apostate now. Doesn't this mean that the word of god did in fact return void?

Dear SavedByFaith,

None, no not one, of the promises made in Scripture concerning God/Jesus/HolySpirit's protection, guidance, healing, comfort, etc. was ever made manifest to me in 12 deliberate years as a believer. My life was categorically unchanged despite every effort

[sBF] "Effort?" It's not in trying, but trusting; not in running, but resting. Perhaps you "tried" yourself right out his loving arms. You can only trust your way through the Christian life and and into heaven. It sounds to me that you "did" all the right things, yet without the help of the Holy Spirit.

to give myself, mind, body, soul, etc. to the Trinity. I can only conclude from this that the whole program is bunk, including the afterlife.

[sBF] There is a song: "It is no secret what God can do. What he's done for others, he'll do for you. With arms wide open, he'll cherish you. What he's done for others, he'll do for you." Do you know what "grace" means? It means getting something we don't deserve. None of us deserve eternal life, but because God loves us he provided the means, by grace, to help us turn from our sinful ways. It is the Holy Spirit, the Comforter, the Helper, the Enabler who works in our lives to live the Christian life. The moment we "try,"as if by ourselves, we fail. The moment we trust, we succeed. "The just will live by faith."

If The Christian faith brings ye peace, joy, and inspiration, that's fine. It just means nothing whatsoever to me and now ye know why, in some personal detail.

[sBF] Why not order that booklet I told you about? What have you got to lose? It is so helpful.

"The Shroud of Turin?"

Surely you MUST by now recognize this "artifact" is nothing but a hoax?  If the link I provided does not satisfy you, then just look to YOUR precious scripture.

According to John 19:40 (NKJV)-

Pay special attention to the bold words.

The "Shroud of Turin" is a one-piece garment, is it not?

So...HOW could it be legit, IF "Jesus" was bound in strips, according to scripture?

I so look forward to your tap dance on this issue.

As I stated in the other thread, I saw the shroud of Turin. I was living in Turin Italy when they decided to reveal it to the public fr one week. I stood in line with thousands of sweet little Italian grandmas agrivating their rumatism by crossing themselves so hard. Did you know that Jesus was only 4 feet tall? I was a bit surprised by that as I stood a couple of yards from the glass encased shroud.

[sBF]  "Effort?" It's not in trying, but trusting; not in running, but resting.  Perhaps you "tried" yourself right out his loving arms.  You can only trust your way through the Christian life and and into heaven.  It sounds to me that you "did" all the right things, yet without the help of the Holy Spirit.

Gotta get that formula down just right Priapus or you are just going to have to fry in hell forever and ever because god is a just god you know?

I don't mind you staying but I really do wish you would provide us with a reason why you keep quoting the bible to us. Is it because you believe "the word of god will not return void?"

What if I read the "word of god" with deep sincerity and prayerfulness for more than 20 years? I'm an apostate now. Doesn't this mean that the word of god did in fact return void?

[sBF] Reading the bible sincerely and prayerfully for 20 years will never save anyone. Until you come to place in your life where you understand that you, like all of us, are a sinner and need the Savior, no amount of church attendance, Bible study, prayer, tithing, etc. will make any points with God. You must be willing to repent of your sins and turn to Jesus in faith.

Why are you still here? Do you think by answering our questions you will turn us back to the faith? Why do you think we are asking you questions?

[sBF] Apostates can't be turned back to something they never had.

WTF?!?!?

SBF - THAT has to be THE most assinine thing you've ever said.

An APOSTATE is someone who has TURNED AWAY FROM THE FAITH THEY ONCE HELD.

So how can you in one breath recognize we are Apostates, and in the same sentence claim we never HAD FAITH!?

An Apostate, by DEFINITION, ONCE HAD FAITH! You can't have it BOTH ways!

UNLESS you are trotting out that tired mantra of "you were NEVER saved"? You should know by now that we HATE that statement.

You should rather correct your statement by saying, "Apostates can never reclaim the faith they have now rejected." I'd agree with THAT.

And then I'd invite you to leave, because you're wasting time trying to convince us of anything. :grin: