Goodbye Jesus

What Are You Doing On Sunday?

Amethyst

Well last Sunday was spent recovering from Saturday night, haha. But typically I really relish sleeping in, I have a Korean lesson, maybe go out for coffee or dinner with a friend. I make it my job to relax as much as possible before Monday. It's lovely.

I love, love, love my Sundays now. We have a leisurely yummy pancake breakfast, and then we go to the mountains or river with our dogs for a long hike with a pumpkin latte in hand.

I've already posted about that.

The new thing is I've joined a freethinkers group that has several hardcore ex-religionists. We meet Sunday afternoons. The social aspect is always a stretch for me, but I love talking about ideas and coming out of religion.

Currently, I sit in church writing down all these questions about the hogwash I am hearing, saying amen at just the right time, and getting more and more impatient with stupid, brainwashed ideas about God.

Managed to unsuspiciously get out of Church tomorrow morning =). I'm still going in the evening, it's the community carol service (couple of school choirs plus Church choirs) and I'm in the choir and, honestly, still enjoy the music Wendyshrug.gif . But some Christmas songs for less than an hour is infinitely better then getting up early and listening to a sermon IMHO.

Plans for tomorrow- lazy start, might whip up some fluffy scotch pancakes for brunch, study, journal.

• 4 weeks later...

Today Im going to finish Slaughterhouse 5. 

I might start taking regular hikes- not necessarily up a mountain- maybe just into the wild

I have attended an Universalist Unitarian "church" the past few weeks...affirmation on life and values that "bring us together" and nice people. Other than that, make brunch and relax; dinner is usually "take out" and wind down for the weekend and get ready for my son's week of school and watch "The Walking Dead"...and head for bed.

I have decided that the UUC was not for me and so my Sunday mornings, like my Saturdays are pretty much getting up with my son, taking care of the dogs and either staying home and making some banana bread or going out for breakfast and to the library. "Walking Dead" doesn't return for a while and I am starting to sing again and will have Sunday evening rehearsal starting this week. Much too busy to even think about Sunday as being a day that "I used to have plans" on...NOW it is FREE TIME and time to relax before the next week starts. 

I'm in the choir and, honestly, still enjoy the music Wendyshrug.gif . But some Christmas songs for less than an hour is infinitely better then getting up early and listening to a sermon IMHO.

cool.png I really understand that...It has taken me some time to get used to NOT singing with a choir, solo or "leading worship" in a church; I had done it MOST of my 25 years as a christian. I miss being active in music in the church but  I cannot bring myself to even GO to a church, let alone consider attending one JUST to sing in the choir but that is just me and I can understand that you "still like the music"...I think that I appreciate the sacred classical music more NOW as being MUSIC rather than a vehicle for christian propaganda. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm eating waffles with bananas and peanut butter keeping one eye on the clock. I'll leave for work in 10 minutes, then when I get off at six, go to a friend's house to watch the Superbowl. I don't remember who's playing but the Superbowl is really about the commercials anyway :)

Yesterday being Sunday here in Australia I worked. I am a shift worker.

Superbowl Sunday! 

Something came up that reminded me of this site, so I wanted to stop by and see how all you beautiful people are doing.

After a year of deconversion under my belt, I'm feeling ok with life happy.png

Oh wait.. was today Super Bowl Sunday?

Huh.

I slept late and spent the rest of the day puttering around the house, reading, fixing my phone, and playing games smile.png

• 1 month later...

what am i doing on Sunday? it really depends, but i know i'm sleeping in and spending time with my mom. if i'm up early enough, i'll listen to this show on one of the country stations i used to listen to as a kid. the local country stations no longer air it, but i found a station online a few towns away that plays it. otherwise i'll be doing any of the following things: shopping, bike riding, catching up with old friends, surfing the 'net, watching movies i haven't watched in a long time, or doing some laundry.

Think I'm gonna fix a power steering leak on my car.  And do some laundry.  My life is exciting. 

Slept in, and now I'm hanging out with you awesome folks smile.png I'm about to go make breakfast burritos. I have the awesomest recipe for from-scratch flour tortillas.

Oo, Akheia, can you send me that recipe pwease?

I work in the ER on Sundays.  This past Sunday night, I did an EKG on a 12-year old boy who presented with chest pain, which turned out to be more of a panic attack.  He was describing what happened to the triage nurse.  The following conversation takes place:

Triage nurse:  Do you remember what you were doing when this started?

Patient:  I was asleep and then I woke up.  It started when I woke up.  I was having a bad dream about a scary TV show I watched.

Triage nurse:  Oh, what show was that?

Patient:  The Bible.

• Like 3

Wife heads off to church joining my daughter, her husband and my 2 grandchildren. I head off to breakfast with one of my many atheist friends. When the weather warms I add kayak and sailboat to that formula. And I love it!

Worst part is I hear my 5 year old grandson still looks for me in the production areas.

• Like 1

I have made the move to the local UU fellowship. For now it fulfills my needs, without much, if any mention of god.

Really?  What's it like?  I've thought about attending mine in order to get my family away from bad religion.

Go hiking, clean, take a nap, watch television, hang out with friends.

I found the UU pretty accomodating as an atheist.  They tend to be a progressive political organization more than anything else.  Political action and exploring different faith traditions were what they seemed to be all about.  They also tended to skew a bit older, at least at the location I attended for a year or so off and on.

• 1 month later...

Went on a walk, played on the computer, listened to music, visited my parents.

I didn't have to go to church today. I go to keep my newfound lack of faith from my Catholic boyfriend. but I have been out of town the past week visiting my (non religious) parents. My school is currently on break before the summer session.

There is a yoga and meditation workshop in my area on Sunday mornings - am thinking of giving it a try. A few years ago I would have been horrified by the thought - I thought yoga was evil and satanic!

I do anything I damn well please on Sunday. :)

• Like 1

Keeping my money and my time and using it for whatever I want. 

Since I work a long shift every saturday, I have hereby declared Sunday to be a lazy weekend day. I slept late, just made and ate a batch of thick pancakes (my fave sunday treat) and I'm going back to my bed to play lego harry potter on my iPad. This afternoon, I'm heading back to my Mum's, gonna do an hours tidying in my room and have a pre-Monday cleanse so I'm ready for the next working week. Then probably play some more Harry Potter and read some Christopher Hitchens :)