Goodbye Jesus

I'm Completely Lost...

Guest Perfect Insanity

confused, youre gonna have to challenge god and yourself. youre gonna have to tell him you plan to use your own logic to find relief. tell him youve tried it his way and youre still suffering. tell him youre gonna cut him out of the picture so you can live with a sane mind. tell him you have no other choice. tell him even though he may exist you gotta let him go. even though you know we came from somewhere, you still gotta let him go. say 'GOD I CANT DO THIS ANYMORE'. after all youre just using the logic he gave you, and that logic tells you he's not gonna do anything for you. so youre done with him. if he's a loving god then he'll understand.

youre gonna have to risk burning forever and ever just so you can find relief now. tell yourself youre willing to risk it. this is the part where you are challenging yourself. you need relief now. you need some kind of equation that will ease your own fear and pain. this may be it. youre gonna have to man-up, face god and take a stand concerning your suffering. take action to heal yourself. theres no other way.

Guest confused idiot

confused, youre gonna have to challenge god and yourself. youre gonna have to tell him you plan to use your own logic to find relief. tell him youve tried it his way and youre still suffering. tell him youre gonna cut him out of the picture so you can live with a sane mind. tell him you have no other choice. tell him even though he may exist you gotta let him go. even though you know we came from somewhere, you still gotta let him go. say 'GOD I CANT DO THIS ANYMORE'. after all youre just using the logic he gave you, and that logic tells you he's not gonna do anything for you. so youre done with him. if he's a loving god then he'll understand.

youre gonna have to risk burning forever and ever just so you can find relief now. tell yourself youre willing to risk it. this is the part where you are challenging yourself. you need relief now. you need some kind of equation that will ease your own fear and pain. this may be it. youre gonna have to man-up, face god and take a stand concerning your suffering. take action to heal yourself. theres no other way.

It looks like that just might be the one and only way out of it.

confused said, hey whatever works. If that's what gives you peace of mind, cool.

==================================================

isnt that what youre looking for? 'whatever works'? what have you got to lose, your mind?? hell youre already losing that.

Guest confused idiot

confused said, hey whatever works. If that's what gives you peace of mind, cool.

isnt that what youre looking for? 'whatever works'? what have you got to lose, your mind?? hell youre already losing that.

Yep.

hey confused, go ahead and do what you gotta do, then wait awhile and then assess how you feel and whats going on in your head after you do it. and then come back and tell us if youve notice any inkling of relief. i mean the smallest sign of relief. if you do then you know youre getting somewhere. if you dont notice anything we'll go back to the drawing board and keep at it.

I had to get to this point myself. It is far from easy but I was able to move beyond eventually. You do whatever is necessary to get a resolution on this issue.

I finally realized there is no truth with a capital "T". The hell and heaven thing are just stories. But it did take me a long time to get to that point.

Feelings can be deceptive.

This is so true.

Knowing this is a good start for evaluating what's real. Fear is just an emotion. The question becomes, "Is what you fear real?"

Irrational fears are the enemy of logical thought.

Guest confused idiot

hey confused, go ahead and do what you gotta do, then wait awhile and then assess how you feel and whats going on in your head after you do it. and then come back and tell us if youve notice any inkling of relief. i mean the smallest sign of relief. if you do then you know youre getting somewhere. if you dont notice anything we'll go back to the drawing board and keep at it.

Will do. I've been trying to do that for a few days, but it's tough to get out of a fucked up mindset that fast. I've been dealing with this religious anxiety for so long that I've almost forgot how to think apart from that. Sometimes I just want to yell out "fuck it all!!!" and get completely wasted. Just so I don't have to think. I think it's funny how Christians act like all you gotta to to be saved is say a prayer and that's it, and that anybody can be a Christian, bar-none, without any works whatsoever to earn it. That's not what the scriptures record Jesus teaching. Jesus himself said that if you don't meet certain qualifications (like being willing to hate your family, your friends, and yourself), then you can't be his disciple. More and more as time goes on I'm learning that I'm not even qualified to be a Christian. Never was.

.... Hey Wonder, I think with CI's situation you have pretty much hit the nail on the head here!

confused if you have any sign of relief, we might be on our way to lifting the depression. sincerely tell god this is it, that you have no other choice and stick to your guns. tell him you tried everything, and leave it there.

yep realist, we might've found something thatll work (might've). it was like pulling teeth though.

Guest confused idiot

confused if you have any sign of relief, we might be on our way to lifting the depression. sincerely tell god this is it, that you have no other choice and stick to your guns. tell him you tried everything, and leave it there.

It will bring a little bit of relief. But not enough. I've learned that I won't be healed. Can't be. I'm not trying to be a whiney little emo punk. I hate that. I'm just being honest and transparent. This shit is real, and I honestly don't know how to deal with it. Last thing I wanna be is a puny little attention seeking bitch that cries "poor me" and "life sucks, i wish i hadn't been born". Fuck all that. Life is tough. Best a guy can do is man up and deal with it. But when your mind is enslaved by such a mindfuck to the point where you don't know how to deal with it... then what? God knows i'm sick of coming on here and bitching about my problems like the stupid little attention whore that i am.

It will bring a little bit of relief. But not enough. I've learned that I won't be healed. Can't be. I'm not trying to be a whiney little emo punk. I hate that. I'm just being honest and transparent. This shit is real, and I honestly don't know how to deal with it. Last thing I wanna be is a puny little attention seeking bitch that cries "poor me" and "life sucks, i wish i hadn't been born". Fuck all that. Life is tough. Best a guy can do is man up and deal with it. But when your mind is enslaved by such a mindfuck to the point where you don't know how to deal with it... then what? God knows i'm sick of coming on here and bitching about my problems like the stupid little attention whore that i am.

==============================================

a little bit of relief is good. its better than no relief. but if youve learned that it cant be healed i dont know what else to tell you man. wow this thing you got is deeper than i ever imagined. i mean look at how you are putting yourself down (attention whore??? wtf). c'mon confused whats really bothering you man. come on out with it.

did you tell god everything i said. have you done that yet. if not why not? if so, did you mean it?

Guest confused idiot

==============================================

a little bit of relief is good. its better than no relief. but if youve learned that it cant be healed i dont know what else to tell you man. wow this thing you got is deeper than i ever imagined. i mean look at how you are putting yourself down (attention whore??? wtf). c'mon confused whats really bothering you man. come on out with it.

did you tell god everything i said. have you done that yet. if not why not? if so, did you mean it?

"c'mon confused whats really bothering you man. come on out with it."

I don't even know, I'm just weird I guess. I'm extremely pissed at myself about some stuff, but that's another story.

"did you tell god everything i said. have you done that yet. if not why not? if so, did you mean it?"

I've prayed a lot of stuff like that lately, saying stuff like "if you're a loving god you'll understand why I can't do this anymore, I'm through with this" so I guess so. I meant it to. But when it comes to praying, it's pretty much just me talking out loud to myself. As far as I can tell, there's nothing out there that's listening. If so, it doesn't really give a shit.

I've prayed a lot of stuff like that lately, saying stuff like "if you're a loving god you'll understand why I can't do this anymore, I'm through with this" so I guess so. I meant it to. But when it comes to praying, it's pretty much just me talking out loud to myself. As far as I can tell, there's nothing out there that's listening. If so, it doesn't really give a shit.

somebody said it earlier, youre in a crazy loop. you believe there is a god, yet you dont, with this statement:

"But when it comes to praying, it's pretty much just me talking out loud to myself. As far as I can tell, there's nothing out there that's listening. If so, it doesn't really give a shit." .

thats what i been trying to tell you. all youre doing is talking to yourself because god doesnt exist. yep youre in a crazy loop. and me talking to you is starting to turn into a crazy loop. we're not gonna get anywhere.

I'm extremely pissed at myself about some stuff, but that's another story.. this might be the bulk of your problem right here.

Guest confused idiot

somebody said it earlier, youre in a crazy loop. you believe there is a god, yet you dont, with this statement:

"But when it comes to praying, it's pretty much just me talking out loud to myself. As far as I can tell, there's nothing out there that's listening. If so, it doesn't really give a shit." .

thats what i been trying to tell you. all youre doing is talking to yourself because god doesnt exist. yep youre in a crazy loop. and me talking to you is starting to turn into a crazy loop. we're not gonna get anywhere.

I'm extremely pissed at myself about some stuff, but that's another story.. this might be the bulk of your problem right here.

"you believe there is a god, yet you dont"

Eh... Maybe. I don't know. I guess on one hand I don't see much, if any, evidence of a personal God that gets involved in people's lives, but on the other hand, I don't see how we could be here, how things could work the way they do, how certain things are, without there being a God.

"this might be the bulk of your problem right here."

That doesn't really have to do with the religious stuff, but it doesn't help either.

Guest confused idiot

Oh, by the way. Wonder, you're right about me going around in circles. After 21 pages of this thread, I haven't made all that much progress. The only difference is I'm more pissed than I was. And I was pretty pissed then. It's all my fault, too. I'm preventing my own progress. Running in circles. I've gotta stop this thing while I still can.

EDIT: I take that back, I have made a little bit of progress, but not much. I don't consider myself a Christian anymore. I don't think I could be one if I wanted to be.

confused, i done all i can with you. i thought we had something with what i came up with earlier. but your problem is more deep rooted.

you know what? im starting to get the feeling that you might be a christian double agent sent on a mission to f**ck with exchristians. are you really a catholic jesuit. uh oh, im starting to lose it now. stick a fork in me dude because im done..............

Hang in there, CI. It takes time to absorb and process such a big change as what you're going through.

Phanta

Listen, you're just a hurting person having a hard time, ok? It's nothing so special to reach out to support during those times. That's healthy behavior.

Who told you you can't be healed?

P

OK, I'll stop there.

Yeah. We better. :HaHa:

After all, this is the Colosseum, and we are moderators. We better behave.

:fdevil:

She paused and then punched me. :)

Ooooh. Feisty. I like that. :wicked:

Guest confused idiot

confused, i done all i can with you. i thought we had something with what i came up with earlier. but your problem is more deep rooted.

you know what? im starting to get the feeling that you might be a christian double agent sent on a mission to f**ck with exchristians. are you really a catholic jesuit. uh oh, im starting to lose it now. stick a fork in me dude because im done..............

Hell no. What do you think I'm doing, lying? For Jesus?

Just a thought for you CI. At the moment you are more or less paralyzed in an uncomfortable obsessive state, going over the question of the nature or reality of God again and again. As I mentioned in brief before, I found myself in such a state once. I think we are similar in one respect, that we have a hard time letting go and we are capable of directing a great deal of though towards one subject. At some point though you have to ask yourself, regardless of whether it is ultimately true or not, what it means for you. As in with those Christian assertions, what can be done with them? To me they became irrelevant, what amounts to a second hand rumor and I cannot base my life on such. Of course there are the fears of damnation or spiritual influence or just being on God's bad side, like you mentioned going through. But what of them? You cannot be sure of any of that, all you can do alone is live your life well and with integrity. God, real or not, as the Christians or Deists or Pantheists describe can do little for you.

confused said: Hell no. What do you think I'm doing, lying? For Jesus?

====================================================

no i dont think that, but those jesuits will do anything for their god. the thought just ran thru my mind for a split second. so i just threw that out here for a little humor.

you know something confused? you did accomplish one thing though, youre no longer a christian. i mean this is the "EX-CHRISTIAN" website" so go figure..........