Goodbye Jesus

Two Questions for Christians...

quicksand

Oh, I never said that no one would ever push the button.  I'm saying that pushing the button will not destroy the world.  Let's say that Pakistan and India got into a nuclear war right now.  There would probably be hundreds of millions of people killed.  Possibly even a billion.  But that would not destroy the world or all of humankind.

Nagasaki and Hiroshima today are proof of that.

And, if anything, I see a stepping down of the nuclear threat right now.  With the obvious exception of North Korea.  With the fall of the iron curtain, much of the rhetoric has died down.

But, I could be wrong about these things.

:mellow: Thanks for the reply, Mythra. :thanks:

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• daniel_1012

• Vixentrox

• Fweethawt

So, Fwee - what do you think? Do we have the capability to destroy all mankind?

I actually think a virus has a better chance to do it than nukes.

So, Fwee - what do you think?  Do we have the capability to destroy all mankind?

My opinion on the matter is one that I can't explain very well. Once I begin to contemplate all of the variables that brought me to the conclusion that we will destroy ourselves, my explanation sounds like scrambled eggs whenever I try to communicate it. :mellow:

I didn't feel so alone with those thoughts until I saw that people like Rameus and Jason Long also came to that very same conclusion.

So, instead of driving ourselves insane by obsessing over it, we resort to hope. :HaHa:

Even if there's a killer virus out there just waiting for the right mutations in order to make itself known, there will still be a portion of Humanity that lives through it. :woohoo:

We are living under GRACE.We are running this world.But of course fallen angel arte putting the thoughts in mens minds.OR they would not being doing the evil they do.I am sure?Most in here have a knowledge of GOd.And know he is real.But do not have a personal relationship with him.

I do not believe GOD could save one person on earth.We are all affedted with sin.

But HE has to create a new being with in us!

I would guess?We live on a planet the size of a pin head.And we are smaller.We think we are above others,and are self willed and mostly self serving.Most love?When they are loved.But I know those who have kids?Love them NO MATTER WHAT?

LOVE is a funny thing?It brings GREAT JOY into our hearts.We would die for LOVE?How could anyone know?LOVE would be so important to us?GOD is LOVE.Pure and clean.Of course all of us,want our thoughhts too be perfect and all others wrong.But YOU see?Even in your distaste for GOD or christains.YOU STILL WANT TO HELP OTHERS.WHY?

Because you were made to love and too be LOVED.You can not change that FACT.We can not stand too not be around other people.Even if we know?We might be hurt.Because deep in our hearts?We MUST have someone else in our lifes ALWAYS.We are VERY SAD,when alone.

We get mad and hate ,Yet will forgive,if we must be alone?This is just the way we were MADE!Nothing wrong with it.It just shows the kind of beings we are.I truly wish each of you happiness.Unless a person experiances something?They never understand it.They will SAY?Yes I know all about that?Have you ever heard a person say that?But in truth.Unless they experianced ALL of it?They NEVER know.But just think they understand.When I shot myself playing with a gun.My wife had just had our 1st boy.I had broke my hand and had a shot foot.And only$ 8.00.We had no food.My wife crying ,asked what will we do?I said?I will go too the dog track.She said ,you nuts.Well I went.I parked accoss the street and hopped accross the parking lot.I sat down a lot.cars flying by me .Cusing me.Every where I stepped blood came out of me foot.I got inside.Got a ticket and waiting for the race to cash it.The guy in the window.ASKED?Did I have a ticket from another day.I said no.I am waitting on the race to run ,to cash it.He went on down to another guy.pointed at me and they laughted.I cashed the ticket and did this 3 or 4 times Got enough to pay our bills and food for all.

I did this about 4 different time.never missing a win.The last time,I won the 1st 3 .then the 4 race I lost.I did not go back ,for many years.FAITH DOES MOVE THE MOUNTAIN.

Can you read minds or jump inside someone else's body to know what they think and feel? How can you say that people here acknowledge God but do not have a personal relationship with God? Is that because they don't reveal it the way you do? Because their relationship with God is different then yours? Again all of this talk about knowing what God wants and does not want is nothing more then your HUMAN interpretation or your HUMAN HOPE of what God wants/doesn't want. I hope you can see one day how arrogant you sound.

FAITH DOES MOVE THE MOUNTAIN.

Faith might move mountains, but can it make your posts coherant?

LEARN TO TYPE IN SENTENCES.

For the love of christ!

Please. :ugh:

Faith might move mountains, but can it make your posts coherant?

LEARN TO TYPE IN SENTENCES.

For the love of christ!

Please.  :ugh:

Maybe IF we just started ANSWERING Like this all the time.Then Spirtual-DIPSHIt.Might NOt.Continiue to write as they.Marshmellows.His BRAIN must be broken. Or perhaps it's a typist version of turrets syndrome that cause UNCONTROLLABLE outbursts of incoherent key batrding.I thnk Jesus is Sexy.Why should we bother to respond IF HE WONT type like a human bean???? I R Typist.See if I don't!!

Luk 21:11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

1Jo 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

1Jo 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

1Jo 4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Of course I believe.But even if not!This place GOD speaks of would be NICE to think of.Where there are no more tears and where people would love each other and not try to hurt or destory each other in word or deed.

I think we have gone back wards on the earth.People are doing many bad things too people.They as a whole have no feelings toward others.

I think!It is VERY SAD.

I stopped to help a woman a while back because her truch broke down at a light.A police man ,ASKED me ?Why are you helping her.I said/Because she needs help.You gave me a card ,with his name on it,and said?You have trouble ,you call me.I will help you.It touched my heart!He told me?He had not seen anyone help people for no reason? Well when I was young?People did!

Luk 21:11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

OOOH!! NATURE'S GOING TO CONTINUE ON THE SAME PATH IT'S BEEN ON FOR BILLIONS OF YEARS!! IT'S THE APOCAPLYPSE, PEOPLE! THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!! REPENT REPENT REPENT!!!!!!

Huh? That's why doantions to the hurricane victims have been many? Because they didn't care. There are acts of kindness every day done by normal people to strangers. Just because YOU don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Luk 21:11  And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

Mat 10:28  And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

1Jo 4:9  In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

1Jo 4:10  Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

1Jo 4:11  Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

2Pe 3:13  Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Christians -- I'm gonna give you a break here, because I'm going to give you a "new revelation" that will change the way you respond on the forums. I'm sure it brings a lot of inward pleasure to quote tons of scripture, but since we -- by default -- don't believe ANYTHING in the bible, what's the point? You may as well quote Gulliver's Travels . . . it's a fairy tale, and regardless of how many times it's quoted, it isn't going to start making us believe.

Of course I believe.But even if not!This place GOD speaks of would be NICE to think of.Where there are no more tears and where people would love each other and not try to hurt or destory each other in word or deed.

So, it's better to believe in a lie than to face reality? No, the REASON we left religion is because we wanted to rid ourselves of delusional thinking. If we want to hear nice stories, we now go to the movies, or read novels. Beautiful stories are beautiful . . . but their beauty doesn't make them real.

You are not meant to understand the Bible, if you where then you would be able too.

That tells a lot about a god who wants his supposed message.

Pretty much unless we agree with your intrepratation of the bible then only it becomes right

Even Theologians cannot agree on many things, because they are only human and not perfect.

Theologians can't agree on anything like Salvation, marriage, divorce, whether christ was god or not.

Let alone understanding the scripture, christians can't even agree what should be considered the word of god. The RCC, Protestant, Greek Orthodox and Syrian orthodox church all have different bible. It's been like 2000 years and Christ can't even guide his followers as which is the correct set of books.

Rather the books have to decided by a vote of men. Boy that puts a whole in the claim "Oh Christianity is God made, unlike other religion"

The Core message of the Gospel is simple to understand however.

Even christians can't even understand the bible and come to the agreement as to what the gospels mean, how the heck are you supposed to expect others to understand.

He is the new begining and end of it all, his name is the only name under Heaven by which men shall be saved.

Which is not supported by the OT. The OT repeated states that god is unity not a trinity. Jesus is even't mentioned once in the OT.

Seems like Ex-C's have READ the Bible, C's just learn what they're taught on Sunday and don't bother looking up any passages they haven't been taught to remember by rote. Or any of the verses that come before or after them.

Every Expert I've talked to about their weekend religion knows all the standard bumper sticker slogans, but they've never READ the Bible.

I know some who look up the cheat phrases for their feelings at the moment and that's about it for the good book. They don't get their beliefs from the Bible, they get it from their parents and Church.

Well,I think the real problem is?Not knowing the LORD as FATHER and friend.I have met mant know know the words,much better than me.They do not [most]Have the understanding.It is everything.Because with out it?We misjudge our creator.

This is very bad for us.

Man could not last millions of years in his natural start.Most anyone can see?We would kill each other.The things they have made are really ,really bad.Now all it takes is a few unhappy people and whole nations and maybe the world can be destoryed in just a few moments.Would people do such a thing,would be the question?

We have little power over such beings.The best we can do is?Set it in our minds to enjoy each day.Accept JESUS CHRIST as LORD and SAVIOR is the best.But still I say be happy as ,life will allow you.Love ,be kind and help where you can.Because if you believe it or not.We reap what we sow.I wish joy for you and your house hold.

Well,I think the real problem is?

The real problem is lack of education and the inevitable outcome of a knowledge deviod society...you.

Well,I think the real problem is?Not knowing the LORD as FATHER and friend.I

I think the real problem is not knowing the Invisible Pink Unicorn as Mother and Friend. The Invisible Pink Unicorn is all. Bow down to the IPU or risk freezing in the Icy Pit of Darkness for all of eternity.

I'm trying to help you, but if you refuse to be helped, that is your problem.

Guest queen annie
Hi queen annie.  Don't think we've met.  Nice to meetcha.
The pleasure is all mine, Mythra.

Boy, I really hate it when I gotta do christian's homework for em. 
Don't knock yourself out on my account.

Proverbs 3:5  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."
I think maybe a review is in order:

In answer to Razor, I stated:

No it doesn't--it says do not lean on the understandings of others, because we all have been given something inside of us that can understand--and no one can do it for us.

I never said lean on your own understanding, I said don't listen to what others say. Listen inside. That's where it's found.

Even if there's a killer virus out there just waiting for the right mutations in order to make itself known, there will still be a portion of Humanity that lives through it.

Yeah. Even if all the doomsayers are correct and the Bird Flu hits and it's a worst-case scenario, there will be survivors. Maybe then whoever's left can rebuild the U.S. and make it not so fundy.

I think the real problem is not knowing the Invisible Pink Unicorn as Mother and Friend.  The Invisible Pink Unicorn is all.  Bow down to the IPU or risk freezing in the Icy Pit of Darkness for all of eternity.

I'm trying to help you, but if you refuse to be helped, that is your problem.

[fundy mode]

dear dear don't you know your True Father? Embrace the noodly love of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, don't resist! The world is going astray : look!, look how the dieters with their vegetables and their Fatkins diets are taking over the world. You must embrace the noodliness and let His noodly appendage touch your heart and stomach before it is too late!

Remember no one comes to the FSM but through his noodly appendage, He is the way and the Holy Meatball is upon all who receive Him.

Ramen

[/fundy]

:grin:

Guest queen annie
Boy, I really hate it when I gotta do christian's homework for em. 

I forgot to add: Since we've only just met I realize you do not understand that I consider being called a 'christian' defamation of character. I'm sure you wouldn't want to defame my character until you know more about it--assuming you don't wish to make assumptions, that is.

:grin:

Personally, I myself am sick of what I think of as 'evil' in this world.  I define evil as man's propensity to prioritize according to his own perception as defined by oblivious self-orientation--often manifested as all forms of greed, violence and cruelty/abuse of others, and even in something mildly defined as indifference.  Evil is not the opposite of good, it is the opposite of Love.  It is the hole where love should rightly be.

Hi queen annie. We neither have spoken with each other, if I remember correctly. Yes, I would want to take that pen-penultimate sentence to its extreme. I consider 'indifference' as the real opposite of 'love'. That's why I became an xxian. I had also other reasons, but this one affected my heart in stead of my mind. I am betrayed by what stands as the xian god/religion.

However, with the first part I don't entirely agree. The beauty of satanism is that it points at our identity, our ego, that you defame so bluntly. Greed, violence and even cruelty is allowed at times on this imperfect world. It's nice to imagine some ethical system that would work in an utopia, but alas, that's not how it is. The inability of many religions and white magic to realize that is a pity.

I see evil in feelings of guilt. I see evil in people that spill their life doing charity without getting a life. I see evil in lack of freedom. I see evil in persons that do not express their feelings (masturbation, tirades, cursing). I see evil in equal distributions of money or goods when one worked harder for it than the other. I see evil in persons that forbid things on an authority basis in stead of their own feelings and/or ratio.

Of course I don't want anyone to become totally self-oriented, but hey, let's keep it with the nice mix offered us by mother nature! That mix that brings us love and empathy for ourselves and others.

Maybe that's a freedom for you in America.  Even for some in America though, we find options seemingly narrow.  Some men seem made to work a 9-5 at BK.  Many in the workforce have called themselves slaves.  Life is painful in each one of our worlds.  Slavery in America just has a different name, IMO... it's established by classes we have in society that cannot be denied -- we have rich, we have poor... and we accept this just as they accepted it in Bible times.  Things were different in those day, and today's slavery very well may be considered working for BK all your life, paycheck to paycheck.  Men do this, and God offers them eternal salvation.  He offers it to you to.

Am I glad that I do not live in America (like you could know, see beneath my avatar). What a retarded country, that they have slaves overthere! People that do not have an option about what they wanna study, what kind of job they would like and what company/boss they want to work for. Is everything prescribed by the gouvernment in America? Who does oblige you to work for whom? Bush?

Seems like you really don't know the concept "freedom of choice" isn't it? Calling yourself a slave doesn't make you a slave. You're even allowed to stop working and die quietly somewhere. To call ordinary employers slaves is defaming to many real slaves that existed once and that regretfully still exist. You defame e.g. the ones that died as dogs when constructing the railway in Birma. Do you consider that having a choice where to work does not deserve the term 'human right'?

You are a very asinine person Danny.

Nah, he's not sincere. Its just that he was touched in an impure way (per his moniker) and like it sooo much he figured he come here and roast someex-christian to equalize his unnecessary quilt.

Wow, its been awhile since I have had free time to read this thread or any thread on ex-c and look at it, its blown up to a couple of dozen pages. And, as always, we receive incoherent and ridiculous babble from people like Spirit, instead of addressing the issues purposed within the context of the thread. Or, on other hand you get extortionists like Daniel. With spirit, I won’t waste my time and with Hot-for-Jesus Daniel who argued 2 Thes 8:10, I will point out that he doesn’t understand that within the early 4th c.e. church, a debate waged between the different sects on what was the correct practice of post-messianic Judaism (as Mythra and Kuriazie correctly points out) is. Paul (if it was Paul in fact that wrote Thes. and not someone else using his name) asserts his sects’ dominance above even the alleged apostolical traditions that preceded him, and this is why he uses the rhetoric of “false gospel.” Paul is not talking about ex-Christians, but Christians (ie post messianic Jews) like himself, or at the very least his fellow co-religionists.

Two Questions for Christians...

Consider the following.

Often answered, when asked, a Christian will tell you that in heaven you will spend your time glorifying and praising god and then I often wonder, how is that any different then spending all your time praising and glorifying God on Earth? When a Christian says that they feel that God is with them all the time, again, how is that any different than being in heaven and feeling the same here on Earth?

Conversely when asked about hell, the Christian will tell you that in hell you are without God. (So, God is not in all things and not omnipotent.)  Yet, on Earth, we are told that we can be close to God by following the Bible and believing in Jesus, otherwise we are without God. What about a baby without any beliefs? Are they languoring hell? Remember, a belief in Jesus is necessary. Newborns, toddlers, do not have beliefs. Taking the argument at face value, it is safe to assume that in fact, newborns or toddlers, are presently in Hell. Am I in Hell, right now, because I do not belive in God/Jesus?

Now here’s a kicker and an additional question. Can I be in Hell (the physical burning eternal part of it) and still believe in God and Jesus?

What I would like from the Christian here is to harmonize these contradictions.

The God I have experienced and know, has an overwhelming Love for all people.

He has no intentions of leaving anybody behind, or in Hell.

I think if anybody goes to Hell it would only be until their pride is burned out of them.( Im tipping a very short stay indeed if at all)

However I do not think anybody overwhelmed by Gods Love is going to Hell in the first place.

Like a Grain of sand on the beach you are overwhelmed by the wave of Love that emanates from him and you become part of it, nothing can with stand it if you get what I mean.

That is for a future time however.

Peace