Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

@ Positivist.

That excuse is ridiculous. Grab a recorder and play me back the voice of God telling you to do so and I shall respect you. Otherwise, just shut up.

I know! It makes me crazy! The puppy mill event was very traumatizing for me and was one of the biggest blows to my floundering faith. I do volunteer work in animal rescue so it was very distressing to see the abuse that was happening and that these fundies said they were "led by God" to do it. The cognitive distress was simply overwhelming and almost drove me insane.

@ Positivist.

That excuse is ridiculous. Grab a recorder and play me back the voice of God telling you to do so and I shall respect you. Otherwise, just shut up.

I know! It makes me crazy! The puppy mill event was very traumatizing for me and was one of the biggest blows to my floundering faith. I do volunteer work in animal rescue so it was very distressing to see the abuse that was happening and that these fundies said they were "led by God" to do it. The cognitive distress was simply overwhelming and almost drove me insane.

What's a puppy mill? Or do I just not want to know?

One of my friends posted a link to a video where some dogs were being released after having been kept in a laboratory. Naturally, the animals were afraid and hesitant to leave their carriers, but they finally came out after being kept inside for probably their entire lives. Unfortunately, it was an xian site of some kind, and I was treated to this comment:

Freedom is always AWESOMELY BEAUTIFUL AND TOUCHING in any sense!As amazing as it is for Gods lil' creatures to find freedom,whats much more important and should concern us the more as Christians is ALL the people we know that are living in bondage to sin.Tho these pups had to have an individual open the door and allow to be set free,we have a Saviour whose name is Jesus Christ of Calvary who has paid the price and made the way,He is the Door,and all we must do is BELIEVE and RECEIVE!For the ultimate freedom we should seek the face of the Almighty God(. . .to this man will He look to one of a broken and contrite spirit one who trembles at his word. . .Is.66:2 admit that we are sinners,for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God,believe that God sent his Only begotten son Jesus to die in our stead for the sins of the world and He arose again,has ascended to heaven and sits at the right hand of the Father,He makes intercession for the saints of God.Confess yourself of your profession of faith in CHRIST AND CHRIST ALONE.You do not have to shake a preachers hand to enter into the kingdom of God but you must be born again!Praise Him for a new life a new walk a new talk and like these pups experienced all things new and beautiful you can too. . .if anyone be in Christ he is a new creature old things are passed away and behold all things are become new.2 Cor 5:17Yes lets rejoice over freedom of Gods creatures . . .Lets also make it a point to lead the lost and the ones in bondage to Christ and true freedom of the spirit.For whom the Son sets free is free indeed.Bless Gods creatures and the hearts that care, BLESS GODS PREACHERS AND THE VOICE THAT SHARES!!!!!!

A stone nut- job fundy sermon. Ugh! Way to ruin a video! repuke.gif

I would probably not go on Facebook, except there are a lot of cool people I want to stay in touch with (several from this site) and Lovecraft sites and cool things like that.

@ Positivist.

A place where dogs are bred in mass quantities with many or all of the following attributes: overcrowded cages/facilities, unsanitary conditions, inhumane practices, and little to no governmental oversight. I happen to live in a state called Missouri which is considered the puppy mill capital of the world.

A place where dogs are bred in mass quantities with many or all of the following attributes: overcrowded cages/facilities, unsanitary conditions, inhumane practices, and little to no governmental oversight. I happen to live in a state called Missouri which is considered the puppy mill capital of the world.

There are a lot of puppy mills in PA as well. From what I've heard, it seems that a lot of them out here are run by the Amish. There's nothing like that good ol' time religion with human dominion over animals to make them think that there's nothing wrong with the way they abuse the dogs. Unfortunately, a lot of pet stores get their puppies from puppy mills, and people buy them without realizing that they're funding puppy mills.

• Like 1

There are a lot of puppy mills in PA as well. From what I've heard, it seems that a lot of them out here are run by the Amish.

I don't live in PA but there is a problem with the Amish and their puppy mills where I live as well. It is funny how the Amish are almost revered in film and literature for their simplistic and gawd fearing way of life but if you live around them you quickly learn that they're just ignorant (literally) nutters just like any other fundy.

• Like 1

One of my friends posted a link to a video where some dogs were being released after having been kept in a laboratory. Naturally, the animals were afraid and hesitant to leave their carriers, but they finally came out after being kept inside for probably their entire lives. Unfortunately, it was an xian site of some kind, and I was treated to this comment:

Freedom is always AWESOMELY BEAUTIFUL AND TOUCHING in any sense!As amazing as it is for Gods lil' creatures to find freedom,whats much more important and should concern us the more as Christians is ALL the people we know that are living in bondage to sin......

Yikes!!

Only a fundy could really capitalize on something like this.

Anthropocentrism is one thing that drove me from Christianity. And it blew my mind that while I am slaving away in my off-time for animal rescue/animal welfare, these fundy crazies are out there not only generating more puppies than our region can handle (our shelter's kill rate is 50% for dogs) but saying God told them to. The schism in my brain could not handle it.

Why can't we set the captives free (as in the above story shared by Deva) without tying it to an imaginary figure with imaginary rules that devalue animals?

BTW, this puppy mill to which I referred would wring the necks of bunnies and throw the still warm bodies to the bitches. That's what they fed them. Nice.

Oh my god... The puppy mills are awful :( Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure we have them here, too, but not quite to that extent (I hope, anyway). irresponsible pet owners seem to be a bigger problem here- not getting their animals de-sexed and letting them out so they end up having litter after litter, which often end up in pet shops. I'm not proud about the fact that we got Wednesday from a pet shop- it was never the plan; the plan was to rescue a kitten from the pound. We just couldn't leave her there- she seemed so desperate to get out. And I'm glad we did take her, because the sad reality is that many people don't want a cat with problems and would have just gotten rid of her anyway. Aside from her boundless energy (someone who worked with animals once tried to tell me cats sleep like 90% of the time. I laughed and said, not this one!) and inability to resist getting into anything and everything (yes, she's been through the bin numerous times, fallen in the toilet, washing-up water, broken things, started the washing machine...), we recently found out that she has food allergies, and a 2kg bag of her dry food alone costs $38.

I'm not proud about the fact that we got Wednesday from a pet shop- it was never the plan; the plan was to rescue a kitten from the pound.

~~~~~~~~~~

we recently found out that she has food allergies, and a 2kg bag of her dry food alone costs $38.

As long as you are giving her a loving home and meeting her needs you are doing your job. smile.png

I got my first dog from what I now realize was a puppy mill run by Mormons. I didn't know any better at the time. This dog turned out to be allergic to protein and each bag of vegan dog food cost $140. ugh.gif Oh well. After 10 years of a hard life her time finally came. She was a good dog.

I love your kitten stories, BTW (started the washer? laugh.png )

On one of my "evangelists" friend's status just now...

Jesus was placed in a manger a feed trough so that shepherds pastors would know what to feed there flocks feed them on lamb. It will cause them to declare peace on earth good will to men!

I don't even know what this means?

• Like 2

Jesus was placed in a manger a feed trough so that shepherds pastors would know what to feed there flocks feed them on lamb. It will cause them to declare peace on earth good will to men!

Ummmm....maybe they're asking if anyone has mint sauce??? Wendyshrug.gif

• Like 2

Here's what I was "blessed" with today on FB:

True Christianity is not a program of self-improvement; it's an acknowledgement that something more than self-improvement is needed. What's needed is death and resurrection: gospel words, gospel constructs, gospel motives--a loving redeemer.

Where do I even begin? It's hard to believe I used to understand this stuff. KatieHmm.gif

• Like 1

On one of my "evangelists" friend's status just now...

That is atrocious. The author needs to go back to English class! Here are my corrections to show what I think was meant:

Jesus was placed in a manger (a feeding trough) so that shepherds (pastors) would know what to feed their flocks (feed them on the Lamb). It will cause them to declare peace on earth, good will to men!

That is atrocious. The author needs to go back to English class, but I think that this is what was meant:

Jesus was placed in a manger (a feeding trough) so that shepherds (pastors) would know what to feed their flocks (feed them on the Lamb). It will cause them to declare peace on earth, good will to men!

Yeah, I thought the same thing. The scary thing is that this guy has many published books and is very popular on the speaking circuit. Yikes! ohmy.png

• Like 1

That is atrocious. The author needs to go back to English class, but I think that this is what was meant:

Yeah, I thought the same thing. The scary thing is that this guy has many published books and is very popular on the speaking circuit. Yikes! ohmy.png

Hopefully his books are heavily edited.

On second thought, hopefully they print them exactly how he writes them so that people can see that he doesn't even have a handle on language. ;)

• Like 1

But I don't wanna eat the baby Jesus! Wendytwitch.gif

• Like 1

Ummmm....maybe they're asking if anyone has mint sauce??? Wendyshrug.gif

But I don't wanna eat the baby Jesus! Wendytwitch.gif

• Like 1

Here's what I was "blessed" with today on FB:

True Christianity is not a program of self-improvement; it's an acknowledgement that something more than self-improvement is needed. What's needed is death and resurrection: gospel words, gospel constructs, gospel motives--a loving redeemer.

Where do I even begin? It's hard to believe I used to understand this stuff. KatieHmm.gif

I know! I saw a similar one today and thought the same thing!

That is atrocious. The author needs to go back to English class! Here are my corrections to show what I think was meant:

Here's another grammatically and theologically dubious status by the same guy (oh yeah, he also has a TV show)!

When the message came to Mary Thou art highly favored, She tossed in her mind what manner of salutation this was. Is it posssible that the woman the church having been overshadowed by the Holy Ghost much like Mary is still trying to figure out that Grace and Favor is still the salutation and message God wants to bring in this season. Be it unto me according to your word is my response! My whole TV program was on this this week and for the next couple of weeks.

When the message came to Mary Thou art highly favored, She tossed in her mind what manner of salutation this was. Is it posssible that the woman the church having been overshadowed by the Holy Ghost much like Mary is still trying to figure out that Grace and Favor is still the salutation and message God wants to bring in this season. Be it unto me according to your word is my response! My whole TV program was on this this week and for the next couple of weeks.

In psychiatry, we call this a "word salad".

• Like 2

I'm not proud about the fact that we got Wednesday from a pet shop- it was never the plan; the plan was to rescue a kitten from the pound.

~~~~~~~~~~

we recently found out that she has food allergies, and a 2kg bag of her dry food alone costs $38.

As long as you are giving her a loving home and meeting her needs you are doing your job. smile.png

I got my first dog from what I now realize was a puppy mill run by Mormons. I didn't know any better at the time. This dog turned out to be allergic to protein and each bag of vegan dog food cost $140. ugh.gif Oh well. After 10 years of a hard life her time finally came. She was a good dog.

I love your kitten stories, BTW (started the washer? laugh.png )

Yeah, starting the washing machine is a regular occurrence- when I bought the washer, I got a nice little fancy top-loader with buttons. Wednesday loves sounds, and the washing machine makes a lot of sounds when you press the buttons. We've had loads go through twice lol. She's also fascinated with the drains in the bathroom (once again, sounds), and when she was very little managed to remove the drain cover in the shower- don't ask me how, I didn't even know how to get the thing up at the time. She was very proud of herself that time.

I don't think Wednesday came from a very good home- she was extremely highly strung at first, and very needy. She never seemed to believe that we would remember to feed her. And I don't think she had a lot of human interaction- at first, and for a long time afterwards, she completely ignored us when we tried to get her attention, to the point where we thought she was deaf. The only way we could get her attention was by scrunching paper, her favourite sound, and we taught her how to listen out for us by scrunching paper and calling her at the same time. We still have not received a single head-butt from her, only Bruce gets head-butts. She's getting better at accepting that when we go out, we will come back- the first time we went out for 10 hours, a day trip up the coast to see some family, she was so upset she destroyed a toy. She had to spend one night in hospital not long after we got her (she had an inflammation of the stomach, but the vet was concerned there was something obstructing her intestines- she was vomiting and couldn't even keep chicken down. That happened after one of her forages into the bin), and when we picked her up the next day she went into hysterics at the vet when she saw us and took some time to calm down. The vet has agreed that if she ever has to stay overnight again, that Bruce will go in with her so it's not such a scary experience for her. I once had a rep from a pet food company tell me not to feed into her neediness and to lock her in the bathroom for half an hour when she's naughty. I told the woman to fuck off, that I would not use distress as a form of behaviour modification, and that we would take the longer, harder, more compassionate route of dealing with her- love and reassurance. We had some problems litter-training her, and I couldn't believe the people who would tell me to stick her nose in it and get up her. For starters, she didn't have full bladder control, as a kitten, so accidents were bound to happen; and we worked out in the end that her problem was simply that she didn't like the type of litter we were using, so we changed to the crystals, and she's used the tray ever since. Problem solved. :)

• Like 1

In psychiatry, we call this a "word salad".

LOL this dude sounds exactly like this guy I went to school with: too stupid to realise how stupid he really is :P Ugh. I had a fight on facebook not long ago with the douche- I was trying to explain to him how easily he could get caught importing a banned video game into the country. He was like, Customs don't check the post from New Zealand! And I was like, actually, due to the amount of coast NZ has, it's a red-flag country. He then proceeded to tell me that they wouldn't look at a DVD/CD. I was like, yeah, ever heard of snuff films? (I used to work for a customs brokerage and freight forwarder. Customs and the feds were regular visitors. That's how dumb this guy was. He had no experience in that industry, yet he was going to argue with me, who did have experience in the industry. What a dumbfuck.) THAT'S who I am reminded of when I read those facebook statuses!

"22 years old today and a day closer to God's Kingdom!"

Jesus Fucking Christ, why can't they look around them and actually enjoy the ride?

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

"22 years old today and a day closer to God's Kingdom!"

Of all the stupid shit xtians post on facebook, that one is just sad. What a shame to be 22 years young with that mindset.

• Like 2

It basically translates into: "I am happy to have my birthday today, but my life sucks on all other fronts and the sooner I die the better."

• Like 2