Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

Good Morning and Welcome to Flight #2012. We are prepared to take off into the New Year. Please make sure your Attitude and Blessings are secured and locked in an upright position. All self destructive devices should be turned off at this time. All negativity, hurt and discouragement should be put away. Should we lose Altitude under pressure during the flight, reach up and pull down a Prayer. Prayers will automatically be activated by Faith. Once your Faith is activated you can assist other passengers. There will be NO BAGGAGE, allowed on this flight. The Captain has cleared us for takeoff. Destination GREATNESS. Plz repost if you are taking this flight with me.

Wendytwitch.gif

This made me want to puke. I wonder how long until it ends up on my sister's wall?

Amen Joyce smile.png

188179_25254987383_2330906_q.jpg

Joyce Meyer Ministries

Don’t mourn bad decisions—overcome them with good ones.

The above was today's post I found on FB. Joyce is so full of shit wisdom isn't she? It is funny when supposed learned people spew advice that isn't particularly groundbreaking.

I read all the comments... they made me incredibly sad. I reckon Ms. Meyer could say the most stupid shit and these people would get excited.

Amen Joyce smile.png

Joyce Meyer Ministries

The above was today's post I found on FB. Joyce is so full of shit wisdom isn't she? It is funny when supposed learned people spew advice that isn't particularly groundbreaking.

I read all the comments... they made me incredibly sad. I reckon Ms. Meyer could say the most stupid shit and these people would get excited.

Amen Joyce smile.png

Joyce Meyer Ministries

Not to mention how much money people throw at her to hear such bullshit wisdom

Not to mention how much money people throw at her to hear such bullshit wisdom

Yes, most of whom do not have that sort of money to throw around. Sickening, isn't it?

402255_10150554137937340_778777339_8972713_1538246950_n.jpg
  • Like 2

This one really fucking pisses me off...one of my cousin's wives posts this type of shit all the time, but this one is so full of fucking shit it just makes my blood boil. The fucked up punctuation and random capilizations are hers or whoever the originator was.

"Pay attention***Mary had a little lamb. His fleece was white as snow. And everywhere that Mary went. The Lamb was sure to go. He followed her to school each day. It was not even the rule. He made the children laugh and play, to have a lamb at school. And then the rules all changed one day, illegal it became; to bring the Lamb of God to school or even say his name. Every day got worse and worse. And days turned into years. Instead of hearing children laugh we heard gun shots and tears. What must we do to stop the crime thats in our schools today? Let's let the Lamb of God come back to school and teach our kids to PRAY!!! If you agree, please repost!"

This is pure horseshit. First of all there is no fucking law on the books that says kids cannot say the name of any deity or that they cannot talk to themselves in their heads and pretend they are talking to their ever-lovin' sky daddy. You can even carry the Turd of Gawd. It's just that they are not supposed to teach one religion...or any religion as fact, and since it is a state institution the schools cannot lead formal prayers since it would become a state sponsored religious practice. And this bitch KNOWS this! She's a fucking teacher! A fucking teacher who reposts this ill-punctuated and randomly capitalized drivel...that seems to declare that tears make some sort of sound!

Oh and I suppose getting on your knees and thinking thoughts to some nonexistent douche bag is going to change crime. Fucking lunacy! Pure FUCKING lunacy! And this is a teacher who opposes true science education. She would rather see children taught religion in their biology classes...someone who would love to see the flood taught in middle school and high school earth science classes. Any teacher who opposes true science education does not need to be a teacher. She'll just help fuck up another generation of kids with her fairytale biases and desire to indoctrinate.

And one other thing that really fucking pisses me off is the implication the xians are somehow persecuted right here in JesusLand USA. That notion is absurd in the extreme. BULLSHIT! I fucking call BULLSHIT!!! When a church of wackos can stand outside of a military person's funeral and scream "God hates fags!" I have a hard time believing that more moderate fundies are fucking persecuted. Go fuck yourselves you fucking titty babies. No one is taking away any of your freedoms. You are free to be just as stupid and willfully ignorant as you want to be. You're free to build The Cretin Dunce Museum...featuring humans kicking it with dinosaurs. You're free to scream "God hates fags!" You're free to set up your holiday displays. You're free to bitch about everyone who isn't you. You fucking modern day American xians have it good, so shut the fuck up. Claiming persecution is crying wolf. Assholes.

My wife unfriended her yesterday. Maybe I should follow her lead and have done with this idiot.

• Like 2

They missed those calls I've taken where Johnny brings a knife or gun to his catholic school. And yes, I think they pray in those particular schools. Oh, and it is the local police who are paid for by taxpayer dollars that get to take care of crimes that happen at tax exempt catholic schools.

This one really fucking pisses me off...one of my cousin's wives posts this type of shit all the time, but this one is so full of fucking shit it just makes my blood boil. The fucked up punctuation and random capilizations are hers or whoever the originator was.

"Pay attention***Mary had a little lamb. His fleece was white as snow. And everywhere that Mary went. The Lamb was sure to go. He followed her to school each day. It was not even the rule. He made the children laugh and play, to have a lamb at school. And then the rules all changed one day, illegal it became; to bring the Lamb of God to school or even say his name. Every day got worse and worse. And days turned into years. Instead of hearing children laugh we heard gun shots and tears. What must we do to stop the crime thats in our schools today? Let's let the Lamb of God come back to school and teach our kids to PRAY!!! If you agree, please repost!"

This is pure horseshit. First of all there is no fucking law on the books that says kids cannot say the name of any deity or that they cannot talk to themselves in their heads and pretend they are talking to their ever-lovin' sky daddy. You can even carry the Turd of Gawd. It's just that they are not supposed to teach one religion...or any religion as fact, and since it is a state institution the schools cannot lead formal prayers since it would become a state sponsored religious practice. And this bitch KNOWS this! She's a fucking teacher! A fucking teacher who reposts this ill-punctuated and randomly capitalized drivel...that seems to declare that tears make some sort of sound!

Oh and I suppose getting on your knees and thinking thoughts to some nonexistent douche bag is going to change crime. Fucking lunacy! Pure FUCKING lunacy! And this is a teacher who opposes true science education. She would rather see children taught religion in their biology classes...someone who would love to see the flood taught in middle school and high school earth science classes. Any teacher who opposes true science education does not need to be a teacher. She'll just help fuck up another generation of kids with her fairytale biases and desire to indoctrinate.

And one other thing that really fucking pisses me off is the implication the xians are somehow persecuted right here in JesusLand USA. That notion is absurd in the extreme. BULLSHIT! I fucking call BULLSHIT!!! When a church of wackos can stand outside of a military person's funeral and scream "God hates fags!" I have a hard time believing that more moderate fundies are fucking persecuted. Go fuck yourselves you fucking titty babies. No one is taking away any of your freedoms. You are free to be just as stupid and willfully ignorant as you want to be. You're free to build The Cretin Dunce Museum...featuring humans kicking it with dinosaurs. You're free to scream "God hates fags!" You're free to set up your holiday displays. You're free to bitch about everyone who isn't you. You fucking modern day American xians have it good, so shut the fuck up. Claiming persecution is crying wolf. Assholes.

My wife unfriended her yesterday. Maybe I should follow her lead and have done with this idiot.

Tell us how you really feel. ;). I think I've deleted that one before.

• Like 1

They missed those calls I've taken where Johnny brings a knife or gun to his catholic school. And yes, I think they pray in those particular schools. Oh, and it is the local police who are paid for by taxpayer dollars that get to take care of crimes that happen at tax exempt catholic schools.

Exactly! So much for praying saving a school from crime! And that's another thing I could go off on...tax payer dollars going to protect a tax exempt institution. But I think I've dropped enough F bombs for one day...biggrin.png

Tell us how you really feel. wink.png. I think I've deleted that one before.

lol...Normally I would have just deleted it too, but after reading several similar posts by the same person I just got irritated and this one, for some reason, set me off. I originally wanted to post something on facebook...but that would not have gone over well with the rest of the family. That's one of the several reasons I love this place. I can come in here and post exactly what I feel and no one thinks twice about it. smile.png

402622_3176725345700_1492603837_4063015_864367044_n.jpg

So i shared this image on my facebook wall.

My Father: respondes The same is TRUE of Christianity.

A friend goes on a long rant about this isn't true of all religion. Which we have discussed before.

::Image credit Paul Ryan::

I just saw a comic on a friend's wall. Can't upload it.

It says:

If you are a loving and merciful God, WHY didn't you send someone to cure cancer, or true leaders to govern US? What's your problem GOD?

Voice from above: I DID!!! You ABORTED Them.

Way to mess with people's minds.

That . . .i can't even think of anything to say except YUCK!!!!

If you are a loving and merciful God, WHY didn't you send someone to cure cancer, or true leaders to govern US? What's your problem GOD?

That is so twisted. And it's just another way of blaming us for the inaction of God. Sigh.

• Like 2

It says:

I am glad I didn't see this one yesterday. Even when I was a bible thumper I didn't really like this type of propaganda. It sounds like something they would put on a bumper sticker.

Silly xians, imaginary friends are for kids.

The ridiculousness of this is unending:

• God or nature aborts the majority of zygotes, blastocysts and embryos, not us.
  • Maybe someone aborted the anti-christ....... how does that work?

• Like 1

It might have been better if someone aborted the christ...or, better yet, Paul.

It might have been better if someone aborted the christ...or, better yet, Paul.

Paul's mother should have swallowed him.

• Like 2

The ridiculousness of this is unending:

• God or nature aborts the majority of zygotes, blastocysts and embryos, not us.

So from a xtian perspective, is it our fault as women when we miscarriage? How come it's okay for god to abort but not anyone else? After all, late-term miscarriages happen all the time.

So from a xtian perspective, is it our fault as women when we miscarriage? How come it's okay for god to abort but not anyone else?

Well, sista, yes....and that's old news! It's always our fault when bad things happen. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif From miscarriages to the fall of man.....

Speaking of conception type issues, you know what always got me, is that men in the OT got mad at their wife for cranking out girls instead of boys, and the supposed ineptitude of the wife to create a son (or to conceive at all) gave these guys license to shag the housekeeper and publicly shame the wife. But the gender of the developing embryo is determined by the male contribution (and why didn't God know that and say "Hey, buddy, lighten up! It's your fault, asshole!").

Na-ah. It must be our fault. wacko.png That's one thing I really don't miss from church: being blamed for everything!

• Like 1

It says:

What's amazing about these types of quotes that you never notice while a xtian is that it suggests we are able to frustrate God's will. I thought his will always gets done, right? Man, aren't we really something that we can prevent an omnipotent being from carrying out his will!

Also, what's with praying "thy will be done"? For the reason I wrote above, isn't that inevitable? Anyway...

Good point. We are apparently almightier than god.

Speaking of conception type issues, you know what always got me, is that men in the OT got mad at their wife for cranking out girls instead of boys, and the supposed ineptitude of the wife to create a son (or to conceive at all) gave these guys license to shag the housekeeper and publicly shame the wife. But the gender of the developing embryo is determined by the male contribution (and why didn't God know that and say "Hey, buddy, lighten up! It's your fault, asshole!").

Na-ah. It must be our fault. wacko.png That's one thing I really don't miss from church: being blamed for everything!

Well back then all they could see with the naked eye was cum. Therefore it was the "duty' of the incumbant (so that is where this word originated?) incubator to make sons. If all were sons, then by now all men would be gay - Oh wait, we would have died out long ago.

Just a bit of humour... :)

• Like 1

So from a xtian perspective, is it our fault as women when we miscarriage? How come it's okay for god to abort but not anyone else?

Well, sista, yes....and that's old news! It's always our fault when bad things happen. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif From miscarriages to the fall of man.....

You know, that's a good point to prove that the bible is not the inspired word of god, and was instead written by men at certain less-enlightened points in history.

I've always wondered why exactly men were so afraid of women, to go to such lengths to try and keep us down. Seriously, the average woman is no match for men even from a physical strength point of view. What the fuck was so scary about us?

Well back then all they could see with the naked eye was cum. Therefore it was the "duty' of the incumbant (so that is where this word originated?) incubator to make sons. If all were sons, then by now all men would be gay - Oh wait, we would have died out long ago.

Just a bit of humour... smile.png

lol that's one thing I've always wondered about societies that don't desire female children, yet desire to continue to procreate. Um, women are kinda EXTREMELY necessary for procreation!! Without us, no grandkids!!!

~

You know, that's a good point to prove that the bible is not the inspired word of god, and was instead written by men at certain less-enlightened points in history.

And even worse than blaming the mother for the gender of the fetus is the supposed "sins of the fathers" notion. Women were viewed as flower pots into which men planted children (having a liquid contribution to the act would make them think they are the sole progenitors of forthcoming offspring). Biblical era men thought that multigenerational "sins" were passed down through the men. This would have been consistent with their magical world view and the view that they were sowers of seeds that grew into children.

However, this is completely impossible for 2 reasons (in addition to not believing in magic):

1. Sperm are generated in a very short time and so how really could the sins of the fathers piggy back on something created so rapidly?
  2. In sharp contrast to this careless creation of sperm, ova are generated in females while they are still in their mother's uterus. Thus, a baby girl, when she is born, already has ALL of the eggs she will ever have in her lifetime. Therefore, if you are a woman, you were at one time inside of your grandmother, albeit as an egg/mere genetic coding.

Isn't it way more likely that sins would piggy back in ova that go back 2 generations, instead of rapidly produced sperm?

And while we're on the topic, all male and female zygotes start off as genetically female (two "X" chromosomes). For sex differentiation to occur, the leg of one "X" must deteriorate so that that "X" becomes a "Y". Voila, a male: XY.

From this we can conclude that males are really just sabotaged females.

I love science. smile.png

• Like 1