Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

if it hasn't worked for the US population in general, it ain't gonna work in schools. the most christianized nation in the world is one of the most violent. if 75% of a whole nation is praying, shouldn't it be the safest nation on earth?

I finally had to block/unsubscribe from "Christian Friend" that I posted about earlier. The dipshit posted the following stupid shit later today, and I damn near blew my cover over it:

"Dear God, why do you allow so much violence in schools?" — Concerned Student

"Dear Concerned Student, I'm no longer allowed in schools." — God

Face. Palm.

Edited to fix quote.

I finally had to block/unsubscribe from "Christian Friend" that I posted about earlier. The dipshit posted the following stupid shit later today, and I damn near blew my cover over it:

Face. Palm.

Edited to fix quote.

That is obnoxious. So why aren't there more school murders in apostate Europe? Or in Asia, where they worship different Gods altogether?

I had to unsubscribe a few in the last few days. One kept on posting daily Bible verses, the other one was posting invitations to his Bible study as his status updates. The third was thanking the Lord for every damn thing that happened in his life and I got sick of it.

Face. Palm.

Edited to fix quote.

I guess god is a big pussy.

Nearly everyone on my FB is xtian, even if just nominally. But there's one in particular, a family member, and all she does is share things from xtian FB pages, and she does this about four or five times a day, and it's always at least three or four things in a row. And it takes up my feed, and it's annoying as hell. But I found this thread, so maybe I have a place to vent. Here's one I just seen on there today, and I think it's in reference to the shootings at that school in Ohio:

"Dear God, why do you allow so much violence in our schools?" signed, a concerned student.

"Dear concerned student, I'm not allowed in schools" God.

It's really sickening that people think this is the reason why kids are killing kids. Let's not forget that parents are neglectful, some are on drugs, some are sick of society, bullying, and the list goes on and on.

just thought i'd post this to show that these discussions don't always have to end badly, in fact it was pretty encouraging. started when a fb friend posted the above 'atheism' thing.

edit: sorry it's a bit fuzzy

facefook.jpg

• Like 4

just thought i'd post this to show that these discussions don't always have to end badly, in fact it was pretty encouraging. started when a fb friend posted the above 'atheism' thing.

edit: sorry it's a bit fuzzy

facefook.jpg

That actually seemed like a pretty good conversation compared to some of the others you see.

yes it can be done

yes it can be done

Throuh God all things are possible. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

yes it can be done

unless there are iron chariots involved; too hard why try

yes it can be done

unless there are iron chariots involved; too hard why try

Let's not forget, the devil has more power than god. Who else could lead all these people astray from the awesomeness of the pure, clear word of god, place all those dinosaur fossils everywhere, change reality to agree with the scientists, and take control of the world?

It's just that one day every four years that we get to be afraid of everything....

In response to a friend having a gall bladder attack while doing missionary work in a developing country:

If you can, gather some people to pray for you. Wait until you can feel the power of God fill the room and then get them to pray over you. I know that our Father can heal in many different ways but i have seen this work many times. Prepare your heart to receive, and when the healer comes he will touch your body and you will know when you receive your healing.

Yup. If you just pray the RightTM way, a SpecialTM way, God will hear and heal you!

....'cause goodness knows I haven't tried that.

I've been wondering whether or not it is really wise to engage in these 'discussions' on facebook, since a lot of them end in a shitstorm, not that i do get involved a lot. I've only replied three or four times, when i've seen something i simply couldn't let slide. However, I discovered yesterday that in fact it can be a worthwhile exercise because it turns out that the guy I had been debating on fb actually went to my school, a few years below me, and we ended up reminiscing together about our fundy upbringing. A really good experience.

on the other hand....

hey.jpg

• Like 1

on the other hand....

hey.jpg

Why is Buddhism the only religion mentioned on that sign? Well, there's "materialistic witches", but I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. I went to that website on the sign, and it seems like a very spooky place, even the website gave off this weird vibe. It's a load of bs. Idiots; it's hard to believe that people actually buy into that garbage. Makes me think I can make a ton off of the trash in my garbage can.

yeah, i had a look at the website and those two pastors are freakily weird-looking. reminds me of the hillsong website; very well-designed, funky and edgy. hard to imagine it hides such a conservative, closed-minded slew of doctrines that promote bigotry. That sign is supposed to suggest welcoming and inclusion but instead the way they label people reveals their exclusivity. Even though gays might be welcome through the door, there is no way on earth they would ever be allowed to serve on the music team. Or any other ministry in a leadership role.

Whoa, they really do look creepy.

I'm baffled by the Buddhists being called out on a sign describing really bad behavior. Do these twats perhaps think that "Buddhist" is an Urban Dictionary-style slang for "violent alcoholic?"

Also: Materialistic witches? What about the ones who don't care about money or possessions (ie, all the ones I knew personally, if their nice-but-hardly-ostentatious homes and wardrobes were anything to go by)?

Creepy all right, on many levels. And I wonder how long a materialistic witch would be welcome if s/he didn't feel like toeing the party line after one or two visits.

[AWESOME photo of sanctuaryhb.com sign]

sing_99.gif

We will, we will LABEL YOU. <boom boom cha -- boom boom cha>

• Like 1

sing_99.gif

<grabs a case of toilet paper and runs onto the sanctuaryhb property>

<starts throwing rolls of TP all over the place>

sing_99.gif

<grabs a case of toilet paper and runs onto the sanctuaryhb property>

<starts throwing rolls of TP all over the place>

I don't think TP throwers are on The Label List.....so you may not be welcome there! GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I don't think TP throwers are on The Label List.....so you may not be welcome there! GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

But I was just trying to clean up the poop. lmao_99.gif